Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Lousy holden won Tue, 12 October 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roo link worked fine for me and I laffed my ass off! Laughing

RSPCA so friggen sue me Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Lousy holden won Tue, 12 October 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 12 October 2004 11:19

Michael, the diffs are both 9", and the Holden one was probably designed off the Ford, but its not a Ford one like the...Ford cars Razz

True.

But, I think you'll find that apart from the CW&P and a few other bits, they are FULLY customised. Most are built in house or by mobs such as Harrop etc.

They bear little resemble to a std 9" that is found on a road car.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The Roo ! Tue, 12 October 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Mon, 11 October 2004 14:36

The famous roo!

http://members.ii.net/~jedabe/dan/Kangaroo.avi

Link worked fine for me @ uni, wish I had broadband at home Sad

PS no problems playing it in WMP either...

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 02:38]

Benno
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Lousy holden won Tue, 12 October 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll need to play the 'roo in a div-x player. Another aspect of the diff on the V8 stuporcars is the "camber kit" which has a CV placed at the end of each end of the axle housing so that they can put some neg-camber into the rear end. I really miss the old touring car days. Group C was ,I reckon, the best. There were a good spread of cars and manufacturers, Holdon an Fuurd were still in the race even against the fabulous BMW 635. Now, I find absolutely NOTHING to like about the series. The cars are identical to all intents and purposes. True, the drivers provide the racing and the results but a bunch of four door family sedans wallowing around a racetrack is so dull!!!!!!!! I love Nations Cup and WRC just for the variety of cars. Sure, the results can be somewhat predictable but I really think the rest of the world laughs at us for having a "premier" racing category that excludes everything but locally produced shopping hacks. I saw an article that mentioned the overseas television rights not being exploited and I thought "how are you going to sell this to another country????" It's like NASCR racing, boring as batshit, great smashes but tedious racing and the supposed "brand" of each car? theyre all tubeframe, mid-front cars with a pretend bodyshel. GAHHHH don't tell me there wouldn't be a market for some sort of "import" series. Now THATS something I'd watch!!!!
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Lousy holden won Tue, 12 October 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people have said to me "nah i dont watch the v8's cause its only holden and ford"

i dont care much for the these makes of cars either, but the fact of the matter is, it can be fucking awesome racing, and it is usually always close.

after a while you stop watching motor racing for the crashes or whatever, and start to enjoy the slick moves, drafting, and defensive driving. you start to transend the medium they use. this is why i love watching any kind of motorsport, even motogp or even f1 boats. although i still dont care to much for sprintcars Laughing sick of getting covered in mud

ps: saw the roo incident on the telecast, poor skippy Sad mmmm roo steaks

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2004 06:45]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Lousy holden won Tue, 12 October 2004 07:05 Go to previous message
Make the racing close, and people complain about having freight-trains of cars. Make the cars less similar, and people complain about one or two cars dominating, and there not being enough wheel-to-wheel action!

How can you win with the fans?

Just accept that it's close racing, and the cars HAVE to be so similar to keep the racing close, and both sides of the tribal war happy.

Anyway - I think it's a 9" Ford Diff CENTRE. The diff housings are mostly made by Harrop engineering (I think) and have the axle-tubes coming into the housing at 1degree from horizontal, to give the camber on the rear tyres.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone up for some 4wheelin FUN!!
Next Topic:Specs for Celica ST184? Anyone know?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 15:48:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053081512451172 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.