Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 09 September 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
before we saw how good it looked theidea was to paint it black so it didnt stand out, it looks so good though fuk it let everyone see who cares
  Send a private message to this user    
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sat, 10 September 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're just the queen of bling, ain't you jawshy..

that's HOT Razz
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sat, 10 September 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a couple more surprises in there as well, but we are gonna leave the pics until its all tidied up and presentable, so probably not till wed-thursday car is home now and have to totally dissasemble and pull motor out to redo the sump, so it will get a complete clean and tidy in the process, should be on dyno next weekend for sure......
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 11 September 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are you having to do to the sump Josh?

Jezza
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 11 September 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres always been a pinhole leak on one of the rear welds on the custom sump, and we have to also plumb in a turbo oil return, and we dont want to leave all the filings in the sump when we do it, so going to pull it off and do out of the car. Bit of a pain because it really sucks to do in car, but everything has to come off the block anyway, so we are just going to pull it out at the same time, fix it up then reassemble, as well as re wire, there are a few things that had to be moved....
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 11 September 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet,

All this is looking mighty fine too!

Cheers,

Jeremy
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 11 September 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok this is the state of the car at the moment, all running gear out to finish off the new rad support/cooler mounts and tidy up bay... looks very empty...

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9647/after9op.jpg
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 13 September 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will we be seeing this at powercruise
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 13 September 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all things goin well will be at powercruise, but have 4 other events in the surrounding 6 weeks, in three states, so it is unfortunately going to be bottom of the list, but hope to be there with it running hard, time will tell..
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Wed, 14 September 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome. Absolutely, flat out, AWESOME! Very Happy
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 16 September 2005 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a lot of progress over the past few days, definately be getting tuned on monday next week.....

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2471/front0068fp.jpg

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/6043/piping0013zi.jpg

only a few piping and vacum lines ect to go and then ready to roll Laughing
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 16 September 2005 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hop eu put some hose clamps on first Razz
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 16 September 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw, wheres the bov, and will u stick with the stock manifold or box the quads up
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 16 September 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not running a bov to start, will see how things go but dont think its absoloutly essential as boost will be quite low, and we are staying with the single throttle, as research into previous attempts has shown the quads are very difficult to tune properly under boost conditions, so this is the way it goes....

never fear the quads and whole other motor are sitting in the shed on a stand waiting for a donor ke 70 to be used as a daily thrash car/........... Laughing
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 16 September 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh just to let you know, the reason Micks 180 chewed the nut off the front of the TD06-20g's both times was due to him having no BOV and drifting. Constant on/off the throttle lead to the turbo trying to turn the wrong way and snapping the nut off and chewing the nut through the cooler and engine. Both time rebuilds for him as you would know.
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sat, 17 September 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the same vein tho beau has been running his 20v turbo for over a year without a bov and there is no play in his setup at all......

guess it depends upon how much boost is being used as well
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sat, 17 September 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 10:57

in the same vein tho beau has been running his 20v turbo for over a year without a bov and there is no play in his setup at all......

guess it depends upon how much boost is being used as well

is there a reason you dont want to use one??? its not like they are expensive..
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sat, 17 September 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually they are something i do not have the budget for atm, have been literally spending every cent on conversion for 4 weeks, and its an optional extra at this point.....

contrary to how it looks, the car is every part a backyard car built on the tightest of budgets, and im pretty broke at the moment....... Laughing Laughing

and i hate the noise they make as well, so we will just see how they go....
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sat, 17 September 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
surely someone like john @ importbitz or one of the other import places like option1 could chuck a 2nd hand BOV your way for a sticker on the car?

ps. looks sick man, ill see you in sydney Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sat, 17 September 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 12:38

actually they are something i do not have the budget for atm, have been literally spending every cent on conversion for 4 weeks, and its an optional extra at this point.....

contrary to how it looks, the car is every part a backyard car built on the tightest of budgets, and im pretty broke at the moment....... Laughing Laughing

and i hate the noise they make as well, so we will just see how they go....

yeah i understand the feeling of being broke b/c of your car...

Have you considered a plumb back like a bosch one.

edit: btw very nice job you have done there backyard or not it looks awesome

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2005 03:55]

mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sat, 17 September 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh have considered all, will see how it goes on the dyno in the next few days, not too big an issue, but will see, i kinda dont really want one either but we will see....
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 18 September 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
josh you need a wank off valve for all of the cavil laps bro, drive dem chix wild

Rolling Eyes
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 18 September 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL no WAY this baby's gonna cut laps of surfers man that would be suicide.....
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 18 September 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
next time i am up there i will fund an entire tank of premium if you do one lap of cavill Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 18 September 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hhaha... not worth the problems

man it would be like a flashing neon sign of 'DEFECT ME!'
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 18 September 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would be funny to do though just for the reactions...... LOL

but no, i'm not that brave nor can i afford the fines....
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 19 September 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or the points...
mr_ke30
Regular

January 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 19 September 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very very nice car luv it wish i could do all my work myself would of saved a shit load of money! just wondering how much u payed for the hybrid cooler????
bluehachi
Regular

September 2005
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 20 September 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prob nothing hahaha

hybrid coolers retail for about 400 for the smaller one and 550 for the larger i believe...
ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 20 September 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Mate,
Saw you driving Your Century on the weekend, near Ermington area, looks very Pimpin!!!

Nice 86 too!!! Very Happy
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 27 September 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATE: on the dyno today made 124 rw kw at just 8 psi at 4000 rpm when the clutch started slipping, so when that small issue is sorted should be quite fun indeed.. will keep update coming as work progresses. unfortunately, im in qld and the car is in syd, so will have to wait till thursday to sort out clutch issues....
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 27 September 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your wheels are the coolest colour EVER
kudos
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 27 September 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what power did it make when it was NA
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 27 September 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
max in its best tune was 103 rwkw at full noise...... Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 27 September 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 19:10

your wheels are the coolest colour EVER
kudos

dont encourage him No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

Razz
4a-c
Regular

April 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Wed, 28 September 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saw your car at JEM today. lookin good
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 29 September 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, after much hassles and stress on my behalf, the car is finally done. MASSIVE thanks to ADAM from Just Engine Managment in sydney for helping more than could be asked of any workshop, and his patience in sorting things out in a hurry for this weekends event at Oran Park.

Adam knows exactly what we do with the cars in drifting, so after some in depth discussion while the car was on the dyno last nite, a power figure was reached and a tune made, then across the board 3 degrees were pulled from the maps to leave us a safety margin for thrashing the hell out of the motor!

Even so with the HYBRID boost controller set on low, 9 psi the car turns the rollers to the tune of 134 RWKW, but even better is the High setting of 12 psi, the car turns the rollers to the tune of 154 RWKW !!!!! brief test drives last night prove that even the low setting is way more than enough to smoke the hell from third gear, so high will be something i leave until ive had a bit of practice with the car as it is now.

Many thanks to the following for making this rapid( 5 weeks from pull down to complete) conversion possible....

Richard from Trickweld in nerang
Adam from Just Engine Managment (JEM)
Mark from Banzai Performance on the gold coast
Chris from NANKANG australia for believing and supporting right through the build.

Hopefully i can adapt in quick fasion and get a very good result at oran park this saturday, but regardless, i reccomend for anyone to come and see the days events, they promise to be HUGE!
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 29 September 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, Holy shit! 154KW thats ludicrous! g0t axles?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 29 September 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well done jawshy...

now lets see you smash some yellow 1000hp ute out there Very Happy
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 29 September 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds AWESOME dude. Im hangin to see what happens this saturday Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 29 September 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mumblezzz wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 08:40

Haha, Holy shit! 154KW thats ludicrous! g0t axles?

HAHAHAHA lets just say that its fun in sooo many ways....
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 29 September 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone better get some footage of it
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 29 September 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there on saturday!

aweeesome
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 30 September 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sames
Tomorrow should be COOL
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 30 September 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wont be. Work ruining all my fun....
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Fri, 30 September 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plz put footage up asap!!!!
bluehachi
Regular

September 2005
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sat, 01 October 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what happened joshy? i heard you pitted due to mechnical probs and that there might be possible bearing issues or something?

fill us in man Sad

either way. impressive power figures!
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 02 October 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bad luck on the weekend josh with the possible spun bearing .. ouch wouldnt have been to nice to be driving and then all of a sudden knock knock knock let us know the verdict ay bad luck man

-nathan
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 02 October 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well unfortunately yes there is a problem. at this point nothing is certain until it comes apart this week, but we are 90% sure it6 all goes back to putting engine togeather in a hurry and not being the wiser, usu=ing an oil that does not stand up to the heat generated by the turbo. oil pressure sayed safe and water temps ran sweet, but oil temp through the roof, and when i noticed i stopped racing, and a slight knock is audible. there is absoloutly no smoke from the engine, and the knock comes and goes, we are at this point assuming the 50 grade mineral oil simply thinned out and turned to water under the stress and i have spun a few bearings... or another possibility is the crush gaps on the bearings were ok for n/a but too much for boost, and they simply could not take it. either way it has to be pulled down and checked/fixed, if the block and the pistons and crank are ok then new bearings will go in and i will also make use of these that we were waiting for the appropriate time to install, which seems to be now....
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5949/image167small2pg.jpg

these will probably allow a substantial amount more boost and i have been guaranteed by adam at Just Engine Managment we could safely run 16 psi and get around 180 - 190 rwkw with these in the car, time will tell, and im kinda more than happy the way it is at 154 kw, so maybe they will just be for peace of mind....

updates as i find out good/bad news
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 02 October 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does JEM come up to brisbane to install/tune?
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 03 October 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Sun, 02 October 2005 22:16

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5949/image167small2pg.jpg

these will probably allow a substantial amount more boost and

...so maybe they will just be for peace of mind....

updates as i find out good/bad news

Ahh shit and bad luck Josh!

BTW they are the rods im using in my engine..

They are awesome aye!

Good luck,

Jezza
GTZLevin
Regular

January 2005
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 03 October 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats stopping you from ditching the 20v bottom end and switch a gze with oil squirters, low comp pistons and strong rods.. could solve a few problems
bluehachi
Regular

September 2005
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Mon, 03 October 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i auggest you do a bit more reading as to what josh has. His bottom end isnt a 20V it based on a smallport 16v block and it has the oil squirters stock (as does 20V's) also same rods as a gze (as does silvertop 20V) so really.. cant go blaming the components of the motor he has. we'll soon find out what the drama is tho
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 04 October 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually the crank and rods are from a silvertop 20v, and the pistons are forger high comp arias items, with the bigport 16v head.The block is 7 rib silvertop item with oil squirters as well....

ok problem located, but not sure the extent of the damage until tomorrow. number three cylinder has either spun the bearing or broken or loosened a rod bolt, as there is 2-3 mm of play in it with the head off. Luckily with the high top pistons its still a clearance motor, and there is not a mark on any valves, but until i get the block out of the car tomorrow, im not sure if the crank is ok yet...... Confused

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2005 12:48]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 04 October 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad

sucky
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Tue, 04 October 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoops! posted in the wrong topic Embarassed

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2005 13:46]

mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Thu, 06 October 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok all parts are now sorted for the rebuild.... again LOL picked up those shiny TRD rods today, and also have found a 100kw bottom end for 110 bux, with 7 rib block, squirters and the same crank as a gze, so that crank, trd rods in my block with the forged high comp pistons and away we gooo......
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sat, 08 October 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crank and rods went in last night, just going to re assemble the rest and drop it in today... bring on the mountains tomorrow.....
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sat, 08 October 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do u know if he drift demo at indy will be telecast
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke..... Sun, 09 October 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
not too sure, but think ten will put at least a little bit somewhere, they had a huge response after the full lock round they aired, so possibly a second or two here or there, but who knows...
Pages (13): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Draven's JZA61 [some pics]
Next Topic:Craig's AE86 completed project: 56K or die slowly
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:16:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010622024536133 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.