Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » GTA: San Andreas (3) 1 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 11 November 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive read people have finished it, 100% and all in 50hrs?

I highly doubt it but it could be done
  Send a private message to this user    
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 11 November 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I finished it a week or so ago. 4 days after it came out. took 45 hours of playing time and I got 55% completion. 100% completion in 50 hours would be a damn good effort...

Tim.
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 11 November 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dammit... i gotta resist buying this till the end of exams... stop telling me how good it is!!! Crying or Very Sad
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 11 November 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll help you out. Th graphics are shit house, they're jaggy as hell. Even though the quality of the graphics is terrible they still can't get it to run at a decent frame rate. I'm looking forward to playing it on Xbox or PC where it will actually look good.

Having said that I did spend the whole night it was released playing it with friends and enjoyed it.
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 11 November 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Graphics cant be any worse than vice city can they?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 11 November 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They're pretty bloody bad but I can't really say. I never played vice city on PS2.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 11 November 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah graphics r shit i got it yesterday.. however im having fun playing and thats the important bit
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 11 November 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was certain that i saw a UFO the other day. i was drivin in the hillbilly country and as i was drivin ove this bridge, this white light went over me in the opposite direction. wasnt a plane, i kno that for a fact and it was only like 3 or 4 body lenghts above ground.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 11 November 2004 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 18:32

yeah graphics r shit i got it yesterday.. however im having fun playing and thats the important bit

further to this... now that ive moved it from our wide aspect ratio tv to a standard shape one it looks a hell of a lot better than before
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 11 November 2004 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Graphics are really only slightly better than Vice City. PC and XBOX will kick ass though.

Anyways, it's the fun you have playing it that is the main thing.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 11 November 2004 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only time i get shitty at the graphics is when theres heaps of cars/ppl/moving objects in the screen. it lags badly.
other then that i love the game. even the missus tells me to go have sex with hookers and she wants to ride the motorbikes haha
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 11 November 2004 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did anyone notice that one of the things that caused GTA3 to be pulled off shelves for censorship is in GTASA???
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 11 November 2004 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, and you will soon see gta: SA being pulled and the censored version being sold, get in early before you miss it!!!!

i missed gta3s un censored version and it shitted me but now i have the uncensored SA and am lovin it Very Happy...

Flying planes are easy, what are you people on about Very Happy
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 12 November 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thug_immortal wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 09:28

yes, and you will soon see gta: SA being pulled and the censored version being sold, get in early before you miss it!!!!

i missed gta3s un censored version and it shitted me but now i have the uncensored SA and am lovin it Very Happy...

Flying planes are easy, what are you people on about Very Happy

Exactly..... It won't be long at all.

And where can I steal a friggin plane from?! I've just unlocked San Fierro.
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 12 November 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man you didnt have to unlock anything, just drive to the airport and jack a flatbed truck, park next to the fence, get on the roof of the truck and climb over the fence, then jack a forklift or the airport baggage car things and drive to a plane, id go for the learjet personally as its easier and faster to drive, then go and fly and clear the map but be weary, as soon as you go into unlocked territory say hello to three stars and a bloddy f-18 or sumeshit on your tail firing missiles at you Razz
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 12 November 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thug_immortal wrote on Fri, 12 November 2004 13:46

man you didnt have to unlock anything, just drive to the airport and jack a flatbed truck, park next to the fence, get on the roof of the truck and climb over the fence, then jack a forklift or the airport baggage car things and drive to a plane, id go for the learjet personally as its easier and faster to drive, then go and fly and clear the map but be weary, as soon as you go into unlocked territory say hello to three stars and a bloddy f-18 or sumeshit on your tail firing missiles at you Razz

Fuck I'm an idiot.......

Anyways, I've experienced the authorities chasing me through locked cities a few times already using boats and choppers. They certainly get pissed pretty quick! lol
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 12 November 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tell me where u get boats from!!!
i stole the lear jet and flew north to another airport and found a f*cking huge chopper. that thing was a slowboat though Confused
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 13 November 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i heard it was gonna be pulled off the shelf soon aswell. Might be rumours but better to be safe than sorry! The Lowriders are the best, you can even go in competitions with them! Also how's the bit where you go to see that guy, (i cant remmember exactly it was 5am i was tired Razz ) and in the background there's a chick copping a guy head lol. My friend watching starts laughing and i'm like "what's so funny?" and she goes "look what's goin on in the background!"
Haha funny s#!t.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 13 November 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[TOYROTA

wrote on Sat, 13 November 2004 12:24]Lowriders are the best, you can even go in competitions with them! Also how's the bit where you go to see that guy, (i cant remmember exactly it was 5am i was tired Razz ) and in the background there's a chick copping a guy head lol. My friend watching starts laughing and i'm like "what's so funny?" and she goes "look what's goin on in the background!"
Haha funny s#!t.

You can modify any car with juice I think.... And exhausts and nitrous and shit.

Where is the guy getting a blowie? I want to see that! lol
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 13 November 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok this'll probably offend a few people Razz Anyone played the 2 player free for all yet?

Came up with a fun game today, suicide bombers Evil or Very Mad You and a mate chuck remote explosives onto each other and run into a crowd of people, whoever gets blown furthest away is declared the winner. Also putting a dozen remote explosives onto the side of a bus and driving it into town is fun, wait until you've got at least four stars and then KABOOM!!!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 13 November 2004 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Sat, 13 November 2004 21:30

Ok this'll probably offend a few people Razz Anyone played the 2 player free for all yet?

Came up with a fun game today, suicide bombers Evil or Very Mad You and a mate chuck remote explosives onto each other and run into a crowd of people, whoever gets blown furthest away is declared the winner. Also putting a dozen remote explosives onto the side of a bus and driving it into town is fun, wait until you've got at least four stars and then KABOOM!!!

Oh dude...... That's in PARTICULARLY bad taste!

I'm gonna go try it now. Razz Very Happy
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 14 November 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had a go at this on my friends PS2 last night, ahahha it lived up to everything i thought it would, apart from being a teh gey ps2. I cant wait for it on PC where i can use a MOUSE! Its freeekAn so awesome.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 14 November 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have some fat rides in my garage.

a porsche thing, a ferrari lookalike, a mk1 mazda cosmo lookalike and a 300zx looker.

all have rims, Nitrous, hydraulics (they look lower), bass boost, wings, sideskirts. Custom paint jobs.

When you hit NOS it goes into warp speed everything goes blurry its pretty cool.

You can pull burnouts on the spot, doughnuts look phat.
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Sun, 14 November 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you get boats in the dock area, you just need to look around for them.

Also if you jack a plane by jumoing the fence and fly it around you do infact gain your pilot licence, i just did this and yeah, dunno what it means but ive got it Very Happy

Also is there a quicker way to become a hitman in all weapons cos it took me forever to become one with pistols and the uzi.

Man i love this game!!!!!
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Mon, 15 November 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The quickest way to get weapons up is to kill stuff Wink

there are also gun ranges in the amunation stores, they get your skills up without costing you ammo.

2 player is pretty good, too bad they didn't do it properly though. It would've been soooo much fun if they had made a split screen/link-up/network play 2-player mode.

if you want some good drive-by's, get into a ute or something. tray with sides is the best (so you don't fall out) 1 player drives and the other player jumps on the back with the AK. much better than the uzi out the window...

I liked vice city on the PS2 more than the PC. It's much better to shoot on the PC but I found it heaps easier to drive on the gamepad. I guess you could use game pad on the PC but then you couldn't shoot...I don't think the PC versions get auto aim. The auto aim is pretty good in san andreas though. I'll take the ps2 version I think.

Tim.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 November 2004 05:22]

Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Mon, 15 November 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA28 wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 16:04

if you want some good drive-by's, get into a ute or something. tray with sides is the best (so you don't fall out) 1 player drives and the other player jumps on the back with the AK. much better than the uzi out the window...

Yeah done that trick before Wink Also in 2 player you can use the shotgun off the back of a motorcycle.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Mon, 15 November 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found an R32 look-alike that's pretty cool. Does crazy doughnuts.

Still waiting for the location of the dude copping a blowie Laughing

And yeah, the auto aim is damn good in SA.
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Mon, 15 November 2004 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got it today, couldnt wait. The graphics definately cain vice city, the city is so much more detailed and the cars look and drive alot more real now. Kinda sucks having to learn a whole new city now... especially one so big! Should keep me busy for a while. The missions seem pretty piss weak so far but Ive only done a couple.. gotta study..
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTA: San Andreas Mon, 15 November 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

http://gallery.colofinder.net/albums/tech-funny/holyshit.sized.jpg
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Mon, 15 November 2004 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with all that money, he could have afforded a decent DDR pad, my gaming set up is pretty similar to that though ^_^
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 16 November 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmm.... i wonder how many cars he could have bought with all the money he spent on that gear Very Happy

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: GTA: San Andreas Tue, 16 November 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Mon, 15 November 2004 21:58

Still waiting for the location of the dude copping a blowie Laughing

It's at the start when you go to mess up the crack heads, he's in the back room of the crack house that you go into.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Wed, 17 November 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heeheeew - yeah i saw that too.

man GTA san andreas is AWESOME!!! who gives a shit about the graphics etc, the gameplay is beyond fucking awesome!
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 18 November 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still got some bugs though. I always bitch when games get put off (like GT4 for example...) I think, "we can put up with a few bugs, just GIMME NOW!!!" but then yesterday I saved my GTA:SA game and this morning it said save file corrupted Sad

Everyone, make sure you have a fairly recent backup...

What's everyones longest jumps? I haven't tried much yet but I got 138m on the nuique jump in the desert on the NRG.

Tim.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 18 November 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was so addicted to GTA-SA that i just went out and bought a brand new PS2 and GTA-SA..... for TREEFIDDY!

Thank god i got the uncensored version!!! :D:D

I wont be sleeping tonight!!

as for the graphics etc... who can complain with a game this playable?? I mean you dont have to wait for areas to load every few minutes or on a long drive - only when you cross islands. When there is that much detail loaded into RAM then you really cant expect 100% graphics.

Furthermore - have a look at the release dates for Xbox and PC.... try July 2005! FUCK THAT! i want it now.
TRD_Celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 18 November 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well wat do u guys think... a 51cm flat screen with a PS2 and San And
Or
MA61 Supra ?
Or
Both
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 18 November 2004 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh i got all tags in los santos (with the help of the strategy guide print out). i swear it would take forever if i didnt have it. Confused
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Thu, 18 November 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 00:27

as for the graphics etc... who can complain with a game this playable?? I mean you dont have to wait for areas to load every few minutes or on a long drive - only when you cross islands. When there is that much detail loaded into RAM then you really cant expect 100% graphics.

There aren't any loading times, not even across the islands. Only if you go into buildings.

Tim.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 19 November 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow! not even crtossing islands!!

i havent got far enough to unlock the other islands yet.... too busy going on rampages Razz
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Fri, 19 November 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys suck....im buyiong one tomorrow Very Happy coz im caaving in to how damn good it is
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 20 November 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make sure you put aside a few days... you wont be sleeping much Wink
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: GTA: San Andreas Sat, 20 November 2004 22:05 Go to previous message
i'll be fine Very Happy 3and a half months uni holidays now Evil or Very Mad
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:asleep at the wheel
Next Topic:TPG Internet
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 22:49:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010209083557129 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.