Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Blacki
Regular

September 2002
Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Tue, 22 October 2002 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just the other day...
Okay it's the biggest and the heaviest (calais 6) (except for those new monaros theres no c'dore heavier than those damn monaros) and it is stock standard all the way from the intake to the stocky rims.
But the other day the damn thing kept up with an EL XR6?? Maybe the driver maybe it was just some *** with a rebadged falcon??
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Tue, 22 October 2002 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couple of days ago I met some goose who REALLY couldn't corner with my ke55 cockroach, silly fool couldn't get away from me going down Mt. Dandenong, and he WAS trying...

Aww yeah, he was driving a VX SS
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Tue, 22 October 2002 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Mon, 21 October 2002 16:08

Hey biased99, I got my STOCK 4AC to 7100rpm yesterday Smile, the highest Ive ever got one to rev, amazing what happens when you piss of the air filter and pull the temp flap out of the stock manifold.

Today i got my 4AC powered AE71 to rev to 7700rpm Shocked , and it still had the air filter, it is dead stock. thow it wasnt pullin very hard at all, but after reading your post i wanted to see how many revs mine would pull on the road.
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Tue, 22 October 2002 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yepyep...i reakon 4a-fc still kickass..
mwuAhauhwuahwa

ok l8ers
JIM
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Wed, 23 October 2002 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah did you get oil leaking out the front oil pump seal?
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Wed, 23 October 2002 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i kinda release more grunt from it buts only from the 4a-fc engine thou...............which that is my engine (pround owner) Laughing

lol

l8ers
JIM

FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Wed, 23 October 2002 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO oil leaking out the pump Smile and it still runs as it did befor Very Happy Laughing Laughing
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Sat, 23 November 2002 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haah i lurve my 4a-fc..so needed to revive this....

comon guys........help to keep ur 4ac and fc morale support alive..

laters all jimmy~

go fc..............dmamit go~~~~~~~
poida
Regular

July 2002
Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Sun, 24 November 2002 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt piss on a 4a-c, these engines may go for ever but they are lame from any performance point of view.

Who cares about being 'original' and working an engine that was made to be relaible, cheap to run. Its just waste of time and money, why bother when you can buy dirt cheap 4agXX. Kill 4a-c's
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Sun, 24 November 2002 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Economic sense dictates you always buy the best engine in the first place and do as litle as you can to get the grunt you want - but occasionally some of us like a little bit of a challenge Evil or Very Mad Even in my case, starting with a 1600 instead of a 2l and trying to get some grunt from it makes it more of a challenge - then again ask the bloke I saw in the cortina last night who left the lights on his trans brake and still got torched Very Happy
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Mon, 25 November 2002 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread should have died a natural, peacefull death.

I lurv, my 4a-c, but I also realise that it is not a performance engine in any sense of the word. If you wanna make it perform better, good for you. If u wanna fill Sydney habour with em, that's fine too. Each to their own. Now, lets all get over it and let us never speak of this agin.
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Mon, 25 November 2002 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread should have died a natural, peacefull death.

I lurv, my 4a-c, but I also realise that it is not a performance engine in any sense of the word. If you wanna make it perform better, good for you. If u wanna fill Sydney habour with em, that's fine too. Each to their own. Now, lets all get over it and let us never speak of this agin.
turbokid
Regular

May 2002
Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Wed, 27 November 2002 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just to be a pain in the arse. has anyone turbo'd the 4ac and if not why not. surely a home turbo job on a 4ac should be able to get over a 4ag ?? I reckon you could turbo a 4ac for under a grand, tuning would be a bitch but..
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Wed, 27 November 2002 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good job turbokid.............

yeh guys..i want to know to0........ any other comments.....good ones of course..bad ones..then keep to your yourself.

ok laters..
jimmy~
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Wed, 27 November 2002 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LET IT DIE....

I think everyone realizes that polishing a turd gives... a better turd....however, IT IS STILL A TURD!!!!

$1k can go a long way towards getting a GZE which will most likely have more power than your homegrown "4A-TC" with less trouble and better reliability.

I am not having a go at the 4A-C directly but when there is a perfectly good bolt in replacement why, oh why would you waste your money?? (If you happened to have a spare turbo and everything else, could make a manifold (with your own welder) re tune your own carbys etc, I could understand your interest but in the end it would cost more effort than the engine deserves...). Just my thoughts.

Cheers
Wilbo

P.S. Let it die! Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Wed, 27 November 2002 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at least this thread isn't about 3K's.. god i love 'em! father to the fwarack.

On that note, i love my FE
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Mon, 21 April 2003 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I guess well see soon enough what a few "simple" mods will produce

hehe came accross this thread again while doing a search so thought id post the dyno result from the last dynoday for those that havent seen it yet

52.9Kw

happy modding all you 4AC lovers Smile
haggis
Regular

May 2002
Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Wed, 23 April 2003 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are some advantages to the ol' faithfull 4A-C.
Blew the head gasket for the second time in 12 months. Looked for a decent head gasket so i wouldnt have to do it again in another 12 months. Got another engine for $50 instead, with an Exeddy clutch.

Bargin!

But one thing i dont understand... 4A-C on LPG? What are these people thinking?

Craig.
BillusMcFlunday
Newcomer

December 2002
Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Fri, 15 July 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys just thought i'd revive this very old thread coz i really got a good giggle outta it, I'd also like to mention that a this point I KILLED A 4AC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it seams like i'm the first?? i had a hole punched in my radiator that shot a stream of water as thick as my pinky. and would drain it's self in approx 1.5 mins... my oil also looked like coffee... but as i had been told b4 u can't kill it. to that i replied CHALLENGE ACCEPTED... so i kept driving it filling with water b4 leaving and then along the way at every servo i came to... then eventually i pulled up at work and in a brain fart moment i forgot to leave it idle to cool down a bit, (the neadle was off the scale) i turned it off... BIG Mistake... i thought bugger tried to start it and nothing... i thought i'll leave it till after work. filled it with water and it started!!!! i got 200m from my house (about 4kms from work) it stalled, i clutch started it on the fly rolled it down the hill and into the driveway, to this day 2 years later the motor still won't turn over... you can kill them u need to be very brutal... i will also mention this engines very freqent excursions up past normal rev ranges way up to the land of valve bounce!!!

So am i going to go to jail for murder??
lol
I will still say that i love the 4ac, i have 1 im my current racing machine, i even have a spare...

1 more question how did that modding of the 4ac go?? last word was 52.9...

Long live the AE82 and the 4AC!!!

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 06:22]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Fri, 15 July 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, at least he didn't make his first post by starting a new thread asking how he can mod his 4a-c to make fully sik dotifto powah!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Fri, 15 July 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and you pretty much posted the same shit in the ae82 dedicated thread wooo hoo, man that was the best reason to revive a thread ever.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Fri, 15 July 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but... if you had an EFI converted 4AC it would be the 4A-CE

4 ACE! BRO
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Fri, 15 July 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but the 4AC head is going on the 7A block for a dorifto 7AC Wink
yeah baby, i'm wet just thinking about it Razz
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Sat, 16 July 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 16:30

but... if you had an EFI converted 4AC it would be the 4A-CE

4 ACE! BRO

4A-E Rolling Eyes

7ACT... ewww

Reasons for not turboing a 4ac - Gotta put the turbo right under the intake manifold. Gotta either setup the carby for boost or rig up costly efi setup... there is more, just get a 4agze!
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Why no love for the 4A-C? Bullies!! Sat, 16 July 2005 23:05 Go to previous message
heard the latest? formula atlantic are now going to use the 4ac instead of the 4ag.they say they can only get 240hp out of the 4ag,and if they swap to the 4ac they can have 300hp and still keep the aircon. lmao
mick
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:celica ta22 / ra40 axle lenghts
Next Topic:Pix of 1jz Hoses??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 14:10:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079410076141357 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.