Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jkvsnn
Regular

June 2002
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Thu, 23 June 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New PRB or Westfield wont fit into your sub 20K price bracket. A BIY "Locost" will though. Theres a 20V engined one in Brisbane that was built and road registered for less that 10K.

Julian.

Wanna build one? You can download chassis plans and info from http://www.formulamotorsport.net
  Send a private message to this user    
MKIII_Supra
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Fri, 24 June 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 14:19

i always had a dream

what if!!

What if toyota pulled back out the designs of the ae86, Celica St162-165, supra MA70 and manufacture say 1000 each of them....

then upgrade some things, like air bag and all that crap to do with compliance etc.... chuck in a bit of new designs interior, Sun roof, climate control etc. And then sell them to the younger generations for say 15k-25k range... u bet i'll be buying one!

Thing is if they are only making small amounts, they can do both ways a favour, they can keep us all happy, yet they will still make some money... altho0ught maybe not much, but it'll prolly give them an indication on just how important sporty cars are for the younger gens.

But then again, i doubt i'll ever see this day happen Rolling Eyes

With Nissan, i used to be a fan of it, till they stopped releasing 200sx and skylines and started pumping out Maximas and Pulsars.... i mean what a load of crap!! wheres the damm GTRs and SR20DET Silvias?? As if i'll drive a freekin Maxima cause its advertised as a 170kw car, and hoping we think its a sport car... get a life nissan - Australia!! not knocking the Nissan in Japan though Very Happy

Also, whats the Deal with Honda?? Why WHy why why why kill the Type R just cause of the freeking marketing purposes?? What point does that honestly make?? Now i cant tell the difference between buying a luxury integra and bying the so called Type S.... just that one has like 30KW extra.... wheres the Recaros?? Wheres all those good bits that used to be on the type R?? and WTF??? 43K for a Luxry sporty verion type S?? get a life!!

when i was planning on buying a new car, i wanted a COUPE... 2 door COUPE.... and its amazing that only so little is on the market....

Nissan: 350Z (60K Cant afford that)
Misut: Nothing
Subaru: Nothing
Mazda: RX8 (60K Not worth it) - personal opnion, looks shit to the RX7s
Ford: Nothing
Holden: Astra convertable (Again 50-55K)- Even then u have to think if its a sports car
Toyota: Eco, Celica and Mr2
BMW: Cant afford, look away
Merc: Ditto
Audi: Ditto

The only one out of the lot that may intrest me is the Celica, at least it gets a half decent shell that looks sporty and with a decent enough price range!!... would have been tops if it was a RWD.... So i guess Toyota isnt as bad as what others is.. still got some afordable fast cars.... but nothing like before man...

Celica ST162-165 3SGE and 5S-FE - Sleek looking, got the grunts, not expensive, although 5S-FE for the 185 is a step down from 3S-GE me thinks.
Supra MA70 - Got Shit loads of grunt, good looks, but dearer
MR2 SW20 - Shat hot looks, "3S-GE", got grunts, WOOT RWD!!

im sure theres also others ppl know are good cars, but on top of my head, these were tops!!

yeah have to agree here, they wont re-release any ma70 or nuttin i mean jza and even ma's are still sitting around 10K which for most of us is about avg price range. but i have a mkiii supra and ill agree with wat was said earlier about how celica should put mid range cams similar to the supra which begin to pull at about 3 500. Although i love supras toyota need to re design there gear ratio's and ma70 owners know that 3 grand on the high way for a 6 cylinder is way over the top, i personally believe it has something to do with its poor selling performance. i mean ppl are pooring thousands into lancers which have about as much power and strength in their blocks as a lawn mower. the money is there to be spent on these cars and engines, just no company is giving us a car and engine to work on
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Fri, 24 June 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about this IS200 Coupe, with Toyota (lower price) Tag instead of Lexus...
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Fri, 24 June 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this topic is looping Mad
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Fri, 24 June 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a new thread idea.

"When will die hard toyota fans realise toyota will do what the majority wants, and what gets them the most money, rather than what the minority of enthusiasts want?"

Kind of a bit long for a thread title though

I'm sure everyone here would like to see some new inexpensive RWD toyotas coming out!

I guess wecan just hope

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 05:41]

Gwaijaitat
Regular

April 2005
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Fri, 24 June 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter?
No, no way. The time that Toyota would make everyone happy has long gone. They'r just finding the best way the make profit now. The time that they had to produce sport car to build up their sporty image and show their ability to bulid preformance car to the world has past, and so all the other Japanese car manufacturers too. They are all hopeless. May be now we should start look at Hyundai and other korean brands. Lets change the site name to Hyunmods Car Club. Evil or Very Mad
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Sun, 26 June 2005 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with the new laws brought in to effect in nsw i can see there would only be more of a market for this than there was before and this si sad that the parent company is oblivious to this and produce fwd pos and delete its lines with a heratige and history
turk
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Mon, 27 June 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota manufactured 3 brand new AE86 Truenos for the soon to be realesed Initial-D movie (flash intensive offical site for those who are interested).

Seems an odd move to me. the movie if its good will probably push 86 prices even higher, but second hand purchases do nothing for toyota. looks to me like they are teasing drift kiddies more than anything else.

i dont seen any reason to update the style of the car, i mean if proton is still getting away with selling a early 90's car, whats stopping toyota getting safety/emissions in check and doing the same with the 86?
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Mon, 27 June 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will only say this once. It's not much about what people want.
It's about toyota making there shareholder's happy.

I dont expect a lot of people to understand this and i wont be bothered explaining it in more depth , sorry. At least not today im too tired.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Mon, 27 June 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't worry bubbles its logic only an accountant or someone that has studied ecos or business would understand, and we've already attempted to make the point and failed.
Yes we'd all love it but how many of us are just dreamers and when they are rakingin so much cash making FWD's why bother changing.
It also has to do with demand the GM Zeta RWD platform has been axed and Holden will be the only one using the skerics of the program, see in most of europe asia and north america they have this phenomon known as snow and hence demand lots of FWD and AWD cars which are much easier for numb nuts to drive in these conditions
jkvsnn
Regular

June 2002
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Mon, 27 June 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just thought I'd stir the pot and see how long this thread can go on before people get upset...

Seems to me there are a lot of "the glass is half empty" people who think Toyota can't get it right anymore. poor Toyota, not even their fans think they are any good anymore.
Selling cars can be profitable in the niche market, you just need to get the marketing and design right. Back in the late eighties the world (read US) was ripe and ready for an affordable and capable convertable. Mazda brought out the MX5, Ford brought out the Capri. We all know what happened to the Capri (although I always liked the Tickford Clubsprint, thats what the Capri should have been from the start) and the MX5 is (if I'm not mistaken) the biggest selling sports car in history. Tell me they're not making a profit. Not just on the MX5 but the whole backbone of Mazda's sales and the "zoom-zoom" shit is based on everyones associating "Mazda" and "Sportscar".
All they did was copy the Lotus Elan, didn't re-invent the wheel or anything, just the right car at the right time. With worldwide interest in driting skyhigh at the moment maybe now is the time for Toyota to release a RWD drift/race style car (maybe launch it with a one-make limited modifications allowed drift competition series).
Just needs proper market research, proper design and proper marketing. Something AE86ish in design and concept, with an S2000 style (C/R 6spd 9000RPM 250hp etc.) drivetrain.
GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS TOYOTA!
Mazda has, rotary
Nissan has, Z car
Ford has, retro 'stang
GM has, Commodore (how long are they going to persist with pushrods for?)
Porsche has, Cayman
Kia has, more shit coming soon...

Julian.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Tue, 28 June 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 17:11

don't worry bubbles its logic only an accountant or someone that has studied ecos or business would understand, and we've already attempted to make the point and failed.
Yes we'd all love it but how many of us are just dreamers and when they are rakingin so much cash making FWD's why bother changing.
It also has to do with demand the GM Zeta RWD platform has been axed and Holden will be the only one using the skerics of the program, see in most of europe asia and north america they have this phenomon known as snow and hence demand lots of FWD and AWD cars which are much easier for numb nuts to drive in these conditions

dont put words im my mouth, i know just or less has much has everyone else. its a forum, we share view's.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Wed, 29 June 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 16:58

I dont expect a lot of people to understand this and i wont be bothered explaining it in more depth , sorry. At least not today im too tired.

and the happieness of the shareholders depends upon share price which is influenced by public traders perception and profit
also otehr factors like market expectation come into this
hence if the market thats purchasing these cars is deleatign tehy need to take a proactive action to ensure theres a continous stream of buyers for their goods and/or services and witout potentioally interested/loyal cutoers that is not going to happen
we auto enthusiassts are their future and they need to address that as we are their stiffests friends when tehy do right and foes when they screw up
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Wed, 29 June 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4DaDrift wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 12:56

bubbles wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 16:58

and the happieness of the shareholders depends upon share price which is influenced by public traders perception and profit
also otehr factors like market expectation come into this
hence if the market thats purchasing these cars is deleatign tehy need to take a proactive action to ensure theres a continous stream of buyers for their goods and/or services and witout potentioally interested/loyal cutoers that is not going to happen we auto enthusiassts are their future and they need to address that as we are their stiffests friends when tehy do right and foes when they screw up

That's way toyota is number one in commercial car sales, yet they dont sell sprinter's. Its more like economy family car's and current model corolas in the ADM. they could be producing a new supra, but its problably to compete with the millionare car market, Just like what Honda did to the NSX or Renult with the clio midship V6, or the new Ford Cobra. They aren't dumm enouth to produce this in mass numbers, at least none that I know off.

You said loyal customer's, eheh, you buy a car because you like it or its cheap, you dont worship a car manucfacturer. Just because i have a hachi doesn't mean ill be putting trd this or toyota that, only. Got it, No?, good.

We enthusiasts are there future - Remenber the fall of NISSAN that was sold to renalt due to a negative profit figure, toyota arent going to do the same mistake, and most so called enthusiasts dont go for new car model's anyway.

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Thu, 30 June 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caldina GT4: 4WD, 3SGTE, big brakes, tiptronic auto, recaros... AUD$38000 NEW, NOW.....

quit yer whingin Razz

http://toyota.jp/caldina/grade/grade/gradeval/image/gr_val01.jpg

http://toyota.jp/caldina/grade/gt_four/
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Thu, 30 June 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it available in aus no we'll continue our whinging plus it ain't rwd anyway but how i'd love one Very Happy
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Why wont Toyota create a new gen Rwd-Vvti-sprinter? Thu, 30 June 2005 10:45 Go to previous message
it's half RWD Razz
as with everything, where there's a will there's a way...

problem is, vritually none of the ppl here would be willing to spend 40K on a car they then need to modify to their taste.

the original sprinter was crap until modified.. now if they released a sprinter with 4AG/GZE/GTE and fully adjustable suspension etc.. it's not likely to be anywhere near 40K.. more like 70-80.. but it's not going to happen due to emissions and safety.

meh, like anyones reading anyway Razz
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sound/video 1g spriter
Next Topic:where to buy a sealed battery box?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:34:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052928924560547 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.