Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » Toymods forums at a new low

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Toymods forums at a new low Fri, 18 March 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aye, im a member and yet i live in Adelaide. Clint likewise but he is even further away.
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toymods forums at a new low Sat, 19 March 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's not the only reason i'm not a member, the only event i have been to that toymods has been at was al palmers, and i have only just become financially able to waste money woot, ps if i come to the easter event (just the show and shine on the sunday whats the chances of getting membership down there, i'll bring the cash if the answer is yes. It's 50 bucks right
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods forums at a new low Sun, 20 March 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At just about any official toymods event, the membership secretary (Stitt) should be able to take memberships.

I can say that without a doubt you will be able to join up over the easter weekend Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toymods forums at a new low Sun, 20 March 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods forums at a new low Sun, 20 March 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 03:03

I can't take advantage of the sponsors easily either - but I'm still a financial member for more than that reason!

Same here clint - cant use the discounts much ( bar for TRD at penrith - that was bloody handy in my supa 3sgte build ) I do my bit as a member by trying to promote the club down here to the guys i know - as in know the core of the toymods car club ( financial members ) are bloody good guys who will talk + listen to you , and make interstaters like myself feel welcome at events + make all those KMS worth the drive ( pity i cant do it more often ! )

We seem to get more trolls around school hol's - and yup - its easter - so expect more!! Everyone may just need to invest in a bullshit filter to screen out the wanker posts + try and help those newbies who really do seem to want to learn .. its hard - we just gotta be vigiant to screen out the p00
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toymods forums at a new low Mon, 28 March 2005 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this has kind of been covered before, but ill go into depth with my idea.

perhaps what you could do is have no create a new thread button, instead have the search field up the top with the submit button there, so they HAVE to search wat theyre looking for first, then at the bottom of the results page have something like - Couldnt Find what your looking for? CLick here to create a new thread.

that would probably cut down greatly on the ammount of double ups on questions we end up with and shouldnt be too hard to change in the script.

also i think the idea of breaking down the tech and conversations into different catergories (basic maintaince, discussion + advanced modifications) is a good idea as it sorts the serious guru type stuff from the p plater "i just bought a new car" type thing (like me Very Happy )
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toymods forums at a new low Tue, 29 March 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 00:30

also i think the idea of breaking down the tech and conversations into different catergories (basic maintaince, discussion + advanced modifications) is a good idea as it sorts the serious guru type stuff from the p plater "i just bought a new car" type thing (like me Very Happy )

Thats all good and well, but like others have said above, the 'gurus' wouldn't ever look in the basic maintanence section, so the possibilities of bad advice being given is high.
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods forums at a new low Thu, 31 March 2005 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally started using these forums when i was one of those tards posting retarded questions which were covered many times before (searching googles cache of the original forums from some of my original posts i laff - i sound just like the people i dispise now)

But you all just have to lighten up, people who are posting irrelevant crap generally give it away in the topics so you can easily skip over them, i like to have a bit of a laugh at the newbies but as many people say we all started somewhere. Only 2 years ago i was afraid to service my 3TC in my old T-18 but right now i am planning a Megasquirted smallport turbo 4age and just finishing a rebuild of the GZE in my MR2. Using information from these forums (and others, msefi.com being a hot favourite) i have become confident in the inerworkings of efi

But i do belive people should be more respectfull when they are posting, if you dont have something constructive to say dont say it (most of the time this is me, hence the low post count even though i frequent the forums weekly) - If there is a thread releavant to something i have researched and are 100% sure on ill then answer

Most of the time the silly posts are from lazyness, where as if you do a little bit of searching there is a wealth of information in the archives. Its funny how this site attracts people from all over the world due to the wealth of relevant and generally good information being added to the forums everyday. This forum is almost a comprehensive toyota library.

One rant on post digging and people who tell people to search, have you ever searched something only to find 10 posts where the question you want answered as answered with "do a search" - if people just answered the question (generally pretty simple) or posted a relevant thread or something... digging up the REALLY old threads with the relevant information wouldnt be so hard
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Toymods forums at a new low Fri, 01 April 2005 05:13 Go to previous message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 20:11

The problem is lots of the young'uns come from a group of friends where they are the king of knowledge, come on here, and just get shot down with every theory/thought they have.
And it takes them a while to accept that they don't know much in the way of car modding.

Actually I come from a group of friends where I am the 'bitch' of knowledge and know next to nothing.
I agree with the tech training wheels section because all I can basically do is change oil, fill brake/clutch fluid etc. Simple things like that. I've never really done any major work (well major work by my standards would be simple stuff to a lot of you guys) but I've found this forum to be a good place to find things out and a good place to obtain parts. Heck I bought my car from Toymods.

Also with the forums junkie status, as I said I know next to nothing however because of the forum junkie status it could mislead people into thinking I know more than I do so maybe getting rid of the post count display in threads (not in member details) wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help needed with video hosting on threads
Next Topic:FUN POLICE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 01:37:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056819915771484 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.