Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » ACT » Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Group A Gathering. Sunday 17th April Mon, 04 April 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this even happening now???? Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Sunday 17th April Tue, 05 April 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I stopped getting email updates so was unaware of new posts! Confused

I won't be able to make (with my car) it so I would like to see it postponed, but if others are still keen then I don't see why not!

I would have also been interested in the ccg paintball, if i had not just had a shoulder reconstruction.
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Tue, 05 April 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I will be there on Sunday regardless of who comes or doesnt.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Tue, 05 April 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if my 86 is registered i was going to go down by the lake and take some photos, and then go out to Hume for the "industrial" photos.
If anyone wants to join then just come along. PM me and we can meet up somewhere. Hoping to borrow a friend's 20D, and maybe my friend too.
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
icon14.gif  Re: Group A Gathering. Sunday 17th April Tue, 05 April 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still good for the 17th.

YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Wed, 06 April 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still up for it

I was thinking for those that still turn up we can get some pics around the lake then head out cotter way for some bush picks and maybe into Hume, Fyshwick or Mitchell for the industrial type.

Chris again sorry to hear about you car if my passenger seat is free you are more than welcome to fill it

YGT
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Wed, 06 April 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What time?

Still meeting at the back of OPH?
BeeJ
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Wed, 06 April 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be more inclined to move it to down near the lake.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Wed, 06 April 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wanna come and check it out... but have to see about work... industrial area sounds like fun Very Happy
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Wed, 06 April 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about commonwealth park carpark near the globe (carpark closest to the underpass road that goes to acton park) overlooking cpt cook fountain?

bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Thu, 07 April 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fine by me.

what time?

Just remember if it is warm there will be shed loads of people there so piccis can be a problem. If so, we can drive down towards the boat house and up onto the grass to get some pics with the bridge and PHhouse in the bground.

Brendan

zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Thu, 07 April 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10am?
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
icon14.gif  Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Thu, 07 April 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Sat, 09 April 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, so 10am, in the carpark behind the globe. Do we mean the one closest to the bridge (which will fill up fast) or the one further up near the visitors centre.
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Sat, 09 April 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai wrote on Sat, 09 April 2005 10:16

Ok, so 10am, in the carpark behind the globe. Do we mean the one closest to the bridge (which will fill up fast) or the one further up near the visitors centre.

Closest to the bridge,
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Mon, 11 April 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car is good to go, so I am keen Smile

It isn't broken in so no going fast, but Ill deal with that Smile
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Rescheduled?? Suggest a date!! Mon, 11 April 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know any tyre places that do an AGC interest free type deal?? I would like to put my TRD rims back on, and for that i need new tires, but cant afford for next couple of pays Sad
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Mon, 11 April 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, all the quickfits do. Phillip is pretty good, as is Qbn. Not usre about the others.
Im not going places quickly either, my 86 will stick out like a sore thumb.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Mon, 11 April 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, they also sell the tyres I want Smile

edit: me spell goodeth.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 06:48]

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Mon, 11 April 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid: want to update the original post with the new details?
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Tue, 12 April 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will, do... What specifically do you want me to put in there?

umm btw the professional photographer is a no go. He was my house mate and I just gave him notice, so he aint really talking to me :S

But my friend is a very accomplished ametuer photographer and he will be there.
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Tue, 12 April 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool good enough.

I'm hoping to get my mate the video camerman there also, if' he's available this weekend.

So we got any idea on grp A numbers now?

I can count 4 definate grp A's. Squid, Jono, Brendan and myself.

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Tue, 12 April 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just put down the definates, like time, place of meeting, what will be happening etc, maybe a map as well.

Bummer about the photographer. Im goign to see if i can either steal my friend's 20D or get him to come out with it.

EDIT: Also if we can find somwhere which is deserted i would like to have a go at some rolling shots like this one: http://img13.exs.cx/img13/2279/car21ei.jpg
But we will need some blankets/towels and occy straps to do it. So if people have some picnic rugs or old towels or similar lying around, and want to give a few rolling shots a go, then bring them along (must be clean).

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 00:57]

zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Tue, 12 April 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justen will most likely not be coming.

In regards to the photos, i think that's a mad idea Takai. If we drive out to uriarra, i can think of number of spots where we can get those kind of shots.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 02:52]

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Tue, 12 April 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, Uriarra, if i can stand my car skipping (literally) over the road on the way. I was more thinking about some carparks in Fyshwick and Mitchell.

EDIT: To get those sort of shots you are only doing 5km/h ish. i.e. SLOOOOOW

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 07:51]

zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Tue, 12 April 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got word from Justen. He can most likely make it on Sunday so that should make it 5 group A's there Very Happy

This should make some sweet photos (and maybe video).
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Wed, 13 April 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll bring the digi cam as well - it takes great high res pics

I don't have everyones contact numbers - I'll PM you my number
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Wed, 13 April 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the date for this thing still this sunday (17/04/05)?
If so I will do my best to come!
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Thu, 14 April 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup this Sunday.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 00:38]

zasa
Regular

October 2004

icon14.gif  Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Thu, 14 April 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just received confirmation from another Group A owner that he will be coming.

So far that makes it squid, jono, joe, brendan, justen, and richie (6)

Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 00:45]

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Thu, 14 April 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good, sadly i wont be able to bring the 86 as it is still cooking the CAS wiring and stalls out sometimes. Dont want to hold everything up, ill be coming still though to have a peek.
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Thu, 14 April 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll do my best to make it down too (just gotta make sure I have an early one the night before Cool ). So that would make 8 Group A's if Toobs can make it too. Wow, that would make for some awesome group A photos.

So, for us out of towners, travelling south I turn left off Commonwealth into Albert, then where?
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Thu, 14 April 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.users.on.net/~zasa/Misc/grpA_meetingLoc ation.gif

X marks the spot Razz

You can't see the carpark on the map, but it's there.
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: Group A Gathering. Sunday 17th April Thu, 14 April 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. Someone got a mobile number?
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Fri, 15 April 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ok so whats the agend for Sunday: meet @10 , find somewhere along the lake for pics, then what....?

Has anyone asked if Bates can dust off one of his old rally 185s and bring it out?? or loan us the keys! Laughing
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Fri, 15 April 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suggest some photos at the lake (after we find a good spot), followed by a drive out to Hume for some more photos (industrial style). After that, not sure anything is happening with Bates now, Squid hasn't said anything.

I'm heading out to Bates this afternoon to pick up the other GT4 so I will ask Mark?

EDIT: DON'T FORGET TO WASH YOUR CARS (jono Laughing )

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 02:39]

bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Fri, 15 April 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep Mark is the workshop manager so he may be able to sort something out. The easiest place to get to on the lake I think would be to head down towards the boatshed and turn right at the end of the road near the boat ramp and drive up onto the grass. From there you can get anthing you want in the background from various angles. just a suggestion
B
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Fri, 15 April 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be there, but alas I'm driving a different kind of toyota up to sydney to watch the raiders play manly on sunday.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Fri, 15 April 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talked to mark last night when I picked up my car Smile and alas they are really busy prepping rally cars and can't host us this weekend Sad . But he said they would be keen on the next one we organise.
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Fri, 15 April 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh well, we can just go and park outside his workshop and take pics out the front. Smile
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Fri, 15 April 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drove past last night...good to see the celica is finally back squid Laughing
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Fri, 15 April 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread is confusing... are we meeting @ 10am outside the globe? or parliament house?
Post up some street names ppls!
This new south welshman is highly confused!
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Fri, 15 April 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will re-post map with directions Smile

http://www.users.on.net/~zasa/Misc/grpA_meetingLoc ation.gif

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Fri, 15 April 2005 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My bad... I missed your map before.
Will do my absolute best to meet up with you guys, however, I am far from a good morning person.
Might have to catch up with you guys around lunch time or something if I sleep in which I probably will.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Fri, 15 April 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, toobs was half asleep. I wont be spoiling the meet with my 86 this time though Evil or Very Mad
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Sun, 17 April 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is all i can say:
http://www.dysfunction.ws/albums/groupa/GT4.jpg
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Sun, 17 April 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmmmm yeah! Nice photo Smile
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Sun, 17 April 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have about 90 more plus a few vids. But most have plates in them. Ill be editing them out over the next few days and then ill put them online.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Sun, 17 April 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Days to get the photos ready Shocked I can give you an hour max. Thats all I can wait Very Happy

I wish I was there Sad
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Sun, 17 April 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, its only days because i have a compiler to finish writing before tomorrow night.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Sun, 17 April 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai wrote on Sun, 17 April 2005 16:40

Heh, its only days because i have a compiler to finish writing before tomorrow night.

I'll do that for you now get those pics up Laughing
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Sun, 17 April 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi thanks for the top day guys
Thanks for coming down Tony, it was good to meet you.
Toobs where were you?
Puffy there is allways next time

I have 1 pic with no really visible number plates in it how do you post them straight to the forum?
Or can I pm it to some one to post for me?
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Sun, 17 April 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was a great turn out guys, so thanks to everyone who turned up. Shame we couldn't get to Bates, so hopefully next time.

Here's a link to a slideshow of this pics I took:
http://www.users.on.net/~zasa/Photos/Group%20A%20M eet/

I'll be editing some of these to make them look more interesting.

If anyone wants the full sized image, pop me an email with the corresponding filename of the photos you want.

I can't wait to see the video.

We will have to do this again sometime Smile
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Sun, 17 April 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zasa wrote on Sun, 17 April 2005 20:52

Most definitely

We will have to work it so we can get into Neal Bates and so more people can make it.
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Sun, 17 April 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zasa wrote on Sun, 17 April 2005 20:52

That was a great turn out guys, so thanks to everyone who turned up. Shame we couldn't get to Bates, so hopefully next time.

Here's a link to a slideshow of this pics I took:
http://www.users.on.net/~zasa/Photos/Group%20A%20M eet/

I'll be editing some of these to make them look more interesting.

If anyone wants the full sized image, pop me an email with the corresponding filename of the photos you want.

I can't wait to see the video.

bloody great pics mate!!

cant wait to see the vid also!
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Mon, 18 April 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am taking it that this group is not open to the Standard GT4?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Mon, 18 April 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The gathering in question has been and gone. Twas yesterday.
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Mon, 18 April 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I imagine there will be more meetings though?
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Mon, 18 April 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope so Smile
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Group A Gathering. Still on, 17th march! 10 am. Mon, 18 April 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Alas it appears that the best footage on my handycam was lost due to, shall we say human error. Sad I still have some good stuff, but not great!
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CCG Beer Oclock - Wed night 7.30pm - Yamba Club
Next Topic:Thanks Group A owner!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:31:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012902021408081 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.