Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » racing seats ma61 can u ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: racing seats ma61 can u ? Wed, 06 April 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I've got fairly big thighs. But I dont seem to find a problem with them thigh supports. Confused They are snug in there. The lateral-side-support-thingos I have a problem with. Its good to know though that they can make 'em bigger to your specs.
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: racing seats ma61 can u ? Wed, 06 April 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 12:14

You're telling me your legs just magically hold themselves in place with the virtual non-existant thigh support from the factory?

He obviously hasn't sat in a good racing seat.

Got the pics thanks Nathan and I must say that they look great !!! When I get mine done (If I can get a good price that is), I be doing it virtually the same but with a different centre colour

Cheers

Michael B
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: racing seats ma61 can u ? Wed, 06 April 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, it's so comfy, makes me not feel bad at all about not having the OBX seats.

The material is the same colour as my Buddy Clubs, the metallic in the fabric makes it look a lot lighter with the flash though.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: racing seats ma61 can u ? Wed, 06 April 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Time for me to find $1000 to get this done, including thigh support build up. I hate it when I have to worry about holding my feet on the pedals when i'm cornering hard!

Or maybe I should worry about getting the car on the road again.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: racing seats ma61 can u ? Wed, 06 April 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 12:55

justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 12:14

You're telling me your legs just magically hold themselves in place with the virtual non-existant thigh support from the factory?

He obviously hasn't sat in a good racing seat.

Got the pics thanks Nathan and I must say that they look great !!! When I get mine done (If I can get a good price that is), I be doing it virtually the same but with a different centre colour

Cheers

Michael B

Well, I have. And you're dead set right. They do hold you in place. Its just that, in my opinion (don't shoot me for this), the MA61 seats are pretty adequate at doing its job as an everyday seat and some occasional spirited driving. I can understand that some people might need bigger supports, but its just that those thigh ones that JCMF posted up are huge Shocked . But like I said, tats just plainly my opinion.

Yian
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: racing seats ma61 can u ? Wed, 06 April 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They're probably not as big as they look in that picture. That said, I'm a fairly lean kinda guy, 6' and 69kg, so I spose the extra height helps.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: racing seats ma61 can u ? Wed, 06 April 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh I guess thats where the support-difference comes in. I'm only 5' 8" and I weight just over 80kgs. Any seat is a snug fit to me Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: racing seats ma61 can u ? Wed, 06 April 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats not that big dude ey.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: racing seats ma61 can u ? Wed, 06 April 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably not by caucasian standards. But how many asians do you see running around weighing more than 80kgs? Specially those around my height? So yeah, I'm a fat bastard. Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: racing seats ma61 can u ? Wed, 06 April 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Touche...tubby hehe
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: racing seats ma61 can u ? Wed, 06 April 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeap. Tubby indeed Surprised Lucky my missus likes that eh? Either that or she's blind as a bat.

Annnyywayyss... back to the topic. Your seats do look good. The workmanship/quality looks awesome. I've been thinking about doing the same except with vinyl on the outside (support areas) with cloth type material down the centre (so it doesn't get sticky in the summer).
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: racing seats ma61 can u ? Wed, 06 April 2005 04:58 Go to previous message
i like the thigh supports for every day driving
but yeah building up is an alright idea if u plan to take corners at mach 2 like i on occasion do.. but id rather keep it for comfort and decent support .
im 5"8 and 59kg so im RATHER lean.. but it still does alright
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:reckon this turbo will will suit my 18RG ok
Next Topic:92 Corolla Hatch Wheels
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 04:40:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051150321960449 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.