Toymods » General Car Talk » no longer the world's ugliest ma61

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Tue, 29 March 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i made up that profile...

248 @ 50thou was also a happy number. any fatter and the numbers got way too peaky for my liking, and pushed the band WAY up. my calcs gave me a hard cut redline of about 8200 rpm. 248 gives a good response from 6500 through to 8000, with around 128% VE at 7200rpm..

i do admit its all a bit pissing in the wind though. no way of really telling - il just get some nasty grind, plonk it in and see how it fares

you are right about the lift though - that was just a punt in the dark, and did all my calcs based on it with no real thought put into it. was more looking at the effect of duration.
  Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Tue, 29 March 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as for buckets...

the inzfe will do. they are so damn cheap and light. i prefer to keep the size down for the weight/simplicity/availability, and just tame the profile to suit

just started looking for some valves too Nod

US$350 odd on ebay - im sure i can find cheaper
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Tue, 29 March 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that looks awesome ed-

love the striping and the black bumpers. keen to see what you do with the decals too. Very Happy

cheers
ryley
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Tue, 29 March 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

ed_ma61 wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 11:17

thinking about decals...

would keep the colours very low key... no whites or blacks, just similar low contrast shades of red, but enough to notice. and not all the decals either, and no race numbers. good idea, bad idea? remember, its a street car Nod

It's your car, sunshine. You do what you want to it. But, as you have put in a poll and want to know what people think of decals for a street car.... I think it'll look totally stupid and detract severely from the splendid paint job you've done. Your car looks so good now, why spoil it?

Decals sorta screams out "rice". Maybe subtle rice - but rice, none the less. I think it'd spoil a great looking car. Especially the the MA61 which is the best looking Supra ever made.

If anything, a nice pin-stripe just above the bottom sills, maybe with "Supra" etched into the stripe at the front. But racing type decals - no thanks, even subtle they stand out like dogs balls. And, it is a street car. Smile

seeyuzz
river
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Tue, 29 March 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like it is going to be a very tasty engine indeed !!!!

Can't wauit to see it plonked in the bay !
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Tue, 29 March 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 15:03

It's your car, sunshine. You do what you want to it. But, as you have put in a poll and want to know what people think of decals for a street car.... I think it'll look totally stupid and detract severely from the splendid paint job you've done. Your car looks so good now, why spoil it?.....it is a street car. Smile

your points noted with thanks Very Happy

baccchhhhyyyy... you grrrl running yet??
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Tue, 29 March 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT Stripes would look ok... maybe Black perhaps
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Tue, 29 March 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 15:06

baccchhhhyyyy... you grrrl running yet??

Oh yeah, she's running alright (the female 2 7/12 year old one), but sadly not the Supra girl. I'm waitimg on the I/C piping to be welded as well as the rad revisions to be done.

The guy depends on the welder that can be unreliable (turning up to work) as well as his wife going through the 2nd bout of cancer and the chemo is not going well, so hard to really push

Plus heaps of house stuff to do and general tiredness, but aiming to get some done tonight

Cheers

Michael B
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Tue, 29 March 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 15:51

but aiming to get some done tonight

arent we all Rolling Eyes
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Tue, 29 March 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 15:23

bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 15:51

but aiming to get some done tonight

arent we all Rolling Eyes

Something always manages to get in the way, but luckily, sometimes it is a nice 10 y.o. bottle of red !!!!
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Wed, 30 March 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry ed but i think plain was nicer now its like your going for your old title of ugliest ma61 again Razz

and yeah hurry up with that 2jz that 7m's new home is waiting Smile
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Wed, 30 March 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thinking about the decals ed-

i reckon if you copy the racecar then get the decals in black or white, i reckon if you kept them shades of red for subtlety it could look a bit cluttered and messy...

just my opinion though, i think it looks great now too Very Happy

i know there's a lot of motorbikes that are race replicas (lucky strike and pepsi suzukis i think) so your car could look pretty cool too... are you planning to put the flares and/or spoiler on?

either way keep us updated. maybe someone could photoshop some stuff?

cheers mate
ryley
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Wed, 30 March 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a lot of repsol honda replicas from all the mick doohan wannabes to.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: no longer the world's ugliest ma61 Wed, 30 March 2005 05:09 Go to previous message
I personally think you should leave the decals for the race cars, it looks so much cleaner the way it is.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22/Ferrari???
Next Topic:The real weight of TA22's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:52:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061478614807129 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.