Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MA70 -> JZA70 Conversion

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA70 -> JZA70 Conversion Tue, 28 June 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To clear up some of the Tailshaft issues. The MA70 tailshaft did fit onto the R154 spline however the front half of the tailshaft is shorter than the JZA70 item. We swapped the MA70 front 1/2 for the JZA70 front half and all fitted up nicely.

As for the wiring. Yes the by far easier way is to sawp everything from the front cut over to the doner car and save cutting and shutting wiring, However... In our case the Doner car is a GT Limited (fully spec'ed) and the front cut appeared to be a povo pack (No ABS, No TEM's, No Digi Dash) So rather than loose all of the goodies we decided at the outset to use the JZA70 Engine Loom as a base, We cut the plugs off the MA70 Engine loom that fed information to the Body loom and spliced the MA70 plugs to the JZA70 loom to make it plug and play. It appears that Matt got it first time as all Dash information is displayed correctly (boost is interesting) but there nonetheless.
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA70 -> JZA70 Conversion Wed, 29 June 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 06:26

To clear up some of the Tailshaft issues. The MA70 tailshaft did fit onto the R154 spline however the front half of the tailshaft is shorter than the JZA70 item. We swapped the MA70 front 1/2 for the JZA70 front half and all fitted up nicely.

Well thats odd.
A guy in Perth here tried, counted, tried, counted. No chance.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA70 -> JZA70 Conversion Wed, 29 June 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK then.... Stupid question from me...

Would all MA70's have the same Auto G/Box ( I cant recall the code )

Second question (and one I don't really want to think about.)
Does the Stock auto spline match the W58 spline??
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MA70 -> JZA70 Conversion Wed, 29 June 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 10:47

OK then.... Stupid question from me...

Would all MA70's have the same Auto G/Box ( I cant recall the code )

Second question (and one I don't really want to think about.)
Does the Stock auto spline match the W58 spline??

pretty sure they run something along the lines of an A340E and no the spline is different...I was lucky I discovered this before I put the gearbox in the car Laughing
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA70 -> JZA70 Conversion Wed, 29 June 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stock Gbox is A340E and as MR1JZ said, its different to the W58.

The W58 is the same as the older auto, A43Dx.

And this guy was converting his MkIII from auto to manual too.

I'll get him to double check.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MA70 -> JZA70 Conversion Tue, 05 July 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What kind of Fuel Efficiency have you gotten by doing this Maphril?

Reason im asking is i dont think the 7M is very fuel efficient at all.. in fact it costs me $60 a tank and i go through that in under a week easy, sometimes twice over..

Like.. it chomps fuel more than a reasonable amount. I can fill the tank up on the R33 for about $45 and the thing can last me double the amount of time the poopra does..

i dont think fuel economy and 7M go in the same sentence, but anyway.. what improvements have u seen?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA70 -> JZA70 Conversion Tue, 05 July 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 7M got me about 11.5ishL/100km, with mixed driving.

And it was not running right.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MA70 -> JZA70 Conversion Tue, 05 July 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think im burning more than that.. maybe half that economy..
Maphril
Regular

January 2004

Re: MA70 -> JZA70 Conversion Tue, 05 July 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have found improvements in fuel costs, so long as I drive responsibly.... I haven't taken it on a long trip yet but am looking forward to it because with the auto diff ratio and maunal gearbox (R154) I'm getting some pretty tall gears. 5th is almost usless locally. From the 70L tank I'm getting approx 380-400km from it whereas I was getting about 320-350 km from the 7M.

Because the ratio's are out, I'm still to install the speedo corrector to get the tripmeter & speedo reading out right. Currently if I'm doing 58km/h on the clock, I'm travelling at 70km/h real time. Which means the car does about 75km/h (in first gear... Evil or Very Mad

Fun fun fun...
HKS60
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: MA70 -> JZA70 Conversion Sun, 21 August 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good information.... Shocked
But i need to know what the diferent between E8,E6, E4, V2,V3 and V8 Smile I have Toyota Cresta it have E4 engine. when I try with toyota cresta engine with E6 he will pass me why???? and also my car have fuel regulator and exhust system and nothing with E6 engine.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: MA70 -> JZA70 Conversion Fri, 16 September 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKS60, i have no idea what you are talking about. Smile
Maphril
Regular

January 2004

Re: MA70 -> JZA70 Conversion Fri, 16 September 2005 07:18 Go to previous message
lol Laughing Embarassed
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ idle speed problem
Next Topic:Can blowing your diff damage your gearbox???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:16:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048019886016846 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.