Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » Simmons plains Driftmania June 12

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Mon, 06 June 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well nik has my number so let me no whats going on mookie and nik k Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Mon, 06 June 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drift coronas nice i have seen a few carina imports drifting before with 3TGTE's as standard. my engine was from a corona originally Rolling Eyes
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Mon, 06 June 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey goonman nick will send u an sms at about 2am to tell you about it ! Wink
Kingswood
Regular

December 2003
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Tue, 07 June 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have entered my Ae71 rolla in the drift comp, don't know how i'll go with the lack of power. It is powered by an Sr20de and has a mitsubishi lsd.
Just been looking through the forums and realized how much you guys bag out R31. I just recently sold one. It was the nicest car i have had to drive yet. Had an rb20det and made 148rwk's. Certainly stuck it to any toyota i raced. Twin turbo Ma61 wasn't a match. But any way I have owned more toyota's than nissans so i though why not combine them. nistoy Smile
http://gallery.910bluebird.com/Josh/Picture_008
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Tue, 07 June 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well mookie the water pump has got leaky seals and a fucked gasket, so if its not fixed by tomorrow, we might not being gooing anywhere, unless u want to take hte celica ?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Tue, 07 June 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u guys chuck in for petrol we can take mine as mine seems to be runnning ok
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Tue, 07 June 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke30king wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 21:42

anyways back to talkin about drift mania, i would love it if all the toymoders that are goin could meat up somewhere at symonsplains so we can check out each others rides. so maybe if we all met at perth servo at say 11-12 and we could all travel from there and go back down to the event, just a sugestion

cheers, lloyd

im with that would all launnie tymoders be willing to stop at perth just too meet up first then all cruise donw to simmons plains, cause me and lloyd dont really wanna have to drive all the way into town then out agian!!
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Tue, 07 June 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much is it to go and watch??????? whos going to fix your water pump nick? if the seal is leaking not just the gasket u may want to buy a whole new pump.
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Tue, 07 June 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its 15 dolla for day and 25 dolla for w/e pass i think dunno its on the pics at the start!!

can wait to smell that rubber Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

oh yeh guys when u see my T18 plz dont bag me out cause its dented and rusty and shit, i already know its a hbucket of shit but plz just yeh cause im sick of people say stuff when they see it.

thanx Sean
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Tue, 07 June 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roids70 wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 18:28

i think its 15 dolla for day and 25 dolla for w/e pass i think dunno its on the pics at the start!!

can wait to smell that rubber Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

oh yeh guys when u see my T18 plz dont bag me out cause its dented and rusty and shit, i already know its a hbucket of shit but plz just yeh cause im sick of people say stuff when they see it.

thanx Sean

Oh, I must of forgot to bag it out when I saw it at the Khanacross. Razz

I'm kidding man, so what you have a few ugly panels? I've got a dented bonnet too hey.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2005 12:13]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Tue, 07 June 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We aren't snobs or anything man don't worry it's not like our cars are fully sick or anything.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Tue, 07 June 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops, i meant the gasket is fucked, and i have a new water pump coming, it will be in tomorrow at burson's! $85 so that is alright!
paseo_gal
Newcomer

May 2005

Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 08 June 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hey Peoples,

Soz I haven't been chatting on here alot lately. Been busy moving house etc.

I am so up for cruising up to Symmonds on Sunday, so let me know where to meet and what time and I will be there.

If you need to contact me my no is 0407 922 184.

Cheers

Nikki Smile
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 08 June 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingswood? is that your ae71 in the paper 4 sale??? with the sr20de in it? i would like to have a look if you dont mind
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 08 June 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be going on Sunday in my brothers Laser to save the Leeka from the door dinging disaster that is Driftnats... See you all there hopefully! Drive safely.
NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 08 June 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ke30king wrote on Sun, 05 June 2005 21:42

anyways back to talkin about drift mania, i would love it if all the toymoders that are goin could meat up somewhere at symonsplains so we can check out each others rides. so maybe if we all met at perth servo at say 11-12 and we could all travel from there and go back down to the event, just a sugestion

cheers, lloyd

11-12.....is a but late..im expecting a few people to go and to get a good spot youll need to be there early.

it starts at 10
im going to be at simmons by 9:30 at the latest.
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 08 June 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know wot Lloyds on about cause he's coming with me and i was hoping to meet up with the launnie peeps at about 8:45 at the perth servo no later maybe! or wotever time u's pass by!! but i'll be there by then with lloyd! at the perth servo by about 8:30 jsut to be there ontime!

Sean
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 08 June 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can anyone give me a lift from bathurst st carpark on sunday.
cheers' lloyd
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 08 June 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well hobart people.... be at the DEC at 8.45am on the sunday morning to cruise to launie... we will be in mookies white celica for launie so if u spot a white 84 celica with the plates 1GT 020 thats us!! on saturday we will be in the supra!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 08 June 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Omg dude how did u remember the number plates ?
I struggle to remember what side of the car the steering wheels on !
paseo_gal
Newcomer

May 2005

Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 08 June 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wicked wicked. I will be there. Not sure if I am taking my Sao up or if I will be going up in either of my mates VT or Skyline. Depending on how many of us decided to go. Will meet you all at the DEC anyways, whatever car we decided to go in Smile
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 08 June 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*cough* Toyota *cough*
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Thu, 09 June 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anybody been to simmons plains before ?
I want to know what kind of food they will have up there
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Thu, 09 June 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok launie people who is interested in meeting in either bathurst st carpark or perth servo/road house.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Thu, 09 June 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea Mookie, they normally have a bunch of trucks converted into hot n greasy stalls, pies, hot dogs, sandwiches/rolls, chips and chocolate bars. Can't remember how expensive it was.

I went to the Formula 1 last year and bought two toasted rolls, two drinks and a chocolate bar for over $40, sweet value hey? Rolling Eyes
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Fri, 10 June 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mookie we will just take some shit, mookie i will b at your place at about8 - 8:15 is that ok ? on sunbday to get teh beast... saturday can u be at hungry jacks at 830 please thansk mate
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sat, 11 June 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhh come on fellas from up in the north i would realy like to meet and get to know some of you. but if no one organises it it aint gunna happen. so could some people please meet at perth at sometime between 9 and 10 tommorow and even if you dont want to meet therecan you please tell me or if you dont wanna meet before the event could i please get some phone numbers so i can give yas a call at the event. if anyone wants mine its 0439579800

cheers, Lloyd

[Updated on: Sat, 11 June 2005 07:42]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sat, 11 June 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to www.boostcruising.com there are a few ppl from there meeeting at perth i think.
Spode
Regular

June 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How was the drift comp? Did i miss anything good?
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not enuph action realy but 1 realy awsome datto 1600 burnout... dont ya love that smell Surprised
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke30king wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 21:06

not enuph action realy but 1 realy awsome datto 1600 burnout... dont ya love that smell Surprised

Heh, Nathans 1600 is a nasty machine.

Still, it had nothing on my omgsikfowlytoey... bro!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was good overall,i had a good day not only with my mates (mookie, martin, james) but also meeting up with goonman and nickz and meeting all the other car "freaks" and seeing some insane drifts.... wat is everyone fav car... mine was the red R32 that smashed the rear out, he just had no fear.... i bet he looked like this in the car ---> Evil or Very Mad and some nice cars in the car park!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was an awesome weekend my legs are soo tired.
It was great to meet all the people i've talked to on here but never met.
Hopfully it won't be too long till we meet up again !
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 22:04

mine was the red R32 that smashed the rear out, he just had no fear.... i bet he looked like this in the car ---> Evil or Very Mad and some nice cars in the car park!

Damn straight, that guy has balls and skill to match. I still can't believe two Commodores got into the top 4. Rolling Eyes

But that 'Landcruiser ride height' Commodore did have a few moments of brilliance.

Don't think I got to see your car TRD_S... assuming you did bring it up?

[Updated on: Sun, 12 June 2005 12:10]

83_ae864age
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mookie its Ashley with the sprinter here, was it good up there today, i am so pissed i had to work, any nice toyotas in the car park.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ash, do u drive the sprinter with the welded diff ? and u work at viedo city ?
83_ae864age
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, i was stuck ther till 9 tonight, i wish i could of gone up, was it good, heard adam in the gtst smashed the rear end
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate its nick with the silver supra... MA61 u know from friday night... yea it was really good.. btw wat video city u work at... i had to pay off a fucking $90 over due video fine htat my gf forgot to take video's back after 9 days Mad
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
83_ae864age wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 22:38

Yeah, i was stuck ther till 9 tonight, i wish i could of gone up, was it good, heard adam in the gtst smashed the rear end

http://img241.echo.cx/img241/1381/damage6oz.jpg

Some other photos I took today...

http://img241.echo.cx/img241/2471/ddrift29an.jpg
http://img241.echo.cx/img241/1963/ddrift37wy.jpg
http://img241.echo.cx/img241/7307/ddrift113tv.jpg
http://img241.echo.cx/img241/6166/ddrift68ic.jpg
http://img241.echo.cx/img241/5817/ddrift122xm.jpg

Might upload a few more later...
83_ae864age
Newcomer

September 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sux, you get stung pretty bad with late fees, that skyline looks bad, he was going pretty hard in the wet at basky
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the red skyline wasn't going hard... it was going fuckign insane.. i loved it
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Sun, 12 June 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone else agree with me that grey r32 had a big screamer pipe on it... it certainly deafed me when it came into the corner
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Mon, 13 June 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah there was some nice cars there huh ?
Poor Jonny "quad Barrel" But i say to thumbs up for having a red hot go and keeping up with the skylines !

There was a celsior that rocked up with massive chromes !
but other than that there was no alot of toyota love there.
Also Kingswood did well in the red rolla !
Maybe next time there will be some MA61 and GA63 drifting !
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Mon, 13 June 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice photos josh do you have any more send them to my email.

cheers, lloyd
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Mon, 13 June 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh all of them were going farkin hard except for the RX7, but i think the sprinter was doin a tough job aswell, but yeh the red gtst went off ints nuts
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Mon, 13 June 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, pretty solid weekend! Definately worth going!

I've got two video's of the day taken with my digital still camera that give you an idea of what it was like, plus some photo's below:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/driftmani a/driftmania001.wmv
Two Neesuns drift through the first corner together

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/driftmani a/driftmania002.wmv
180 commits into the hairpin and holds a clean drift

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/driftmania/driftmania008.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/driftmania/driftmania010.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/driftmania/driftmania014.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/driftmania/driftmania016.jpg

Sorry they're not as good as Josho's. Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 13 June 2005 12:41]

agp2002
Regular

May 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Tue, 14 June 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was up there and helped offical was the best thing i did, got to see all sorts of angles even in car Razz cant wait until they come back. Saw the crash between the R32 and the 180sx at pit entry. The R32 didnt hav a left indicator and was indicating to pull in but the 180 was already sideways and hit him, scrapping all the side of his car Neutral

Iain
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Tue, 14 June 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a good weekend, and that r32 was pretty fucked up.. i thought he crashed in the barrier that is how he lost the left tail light
agp2002
Regular

May 2005
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 15 June 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he did hit the pit lane, this was another crash after Neutral
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Tue, 21 June 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just remembered i didn't see any cops or security at either track did unless they were undercover ???
but you can pick them a mile off
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Tue, 21 June 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There was a cop at Baskerville in the morning, and he attended the drivers briefing. He was in a unmarked car.

But you are right, not many police. But the crowd was smaller than at Holden/Ford events. But probably slightly bigger than expected.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 22 June 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohk !
just imagine if a fight broke out or if some of the displays got stolen !
I can remember seeing alot of cars with the keys in them
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 22 June 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie, your starting to sound like a bogan yourself. Fighting? Car stealing? Its not Aussie Rules football, or speedway. Most people that got to Symmons would have driven themselves, so why steel a car? Alot of cars in the padock were as good as the ones being drifted. You could have stolen lots of wheels and tyres also, and tools. But only a low-life would. And the police can do nothing anyway.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 22 June 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol no i wouldn't do any of that
i guess it's just the way i think expecting the worse.
I'd never have a party without security so if i'd planned that event i'd have some sort of enforcment there.

But having said that nothing did go wrong so it's all good apart from some ppl being stupid in the baskerville car park.
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Wed, 22 June 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
next time they should let the people who entered their cars use the mainland cars which are set up for drift then im sure everyone else could just about be as good as them, when u see some of the setups on videos and see those japanese drivers going flat out and pulling off awsome drifts youve got to wonder if they have really good skill or just really good cars, id rather see everyday lightly tuned cars being drifted (like the drift kings S14 used on drift bible) than superdooper made to drift machines which all they want to do is step out sideways and loose traction and smoke tyres all day. it im not saying the cars on the weekend were extreme like some in japan but when i see D1 on the option videos it kind of gets boring after a while especially the one i brought where they only drift one corner and u cant understand a word they say. i also think the japanese people get a bit more support and its cheaper to get into drifint over there thats why they are so good, i mean if u practice enough at one thing u are bound to get good at it. sorry its a bit off topic but i justed wanted to see what other ppl thought.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Thu, 23 June 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but if u drift the car into the tyre wall what will everybody else drive ?
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: Simmons plains Driftmania June 12 Thu, 23 June 2005 08:33 Go to previous message
another GTS-T or silvia i mean they as common as commodores these days.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NT Drag Titles
Next Topic:Driftmania Videos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:55:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01297402381897 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.