Toymods » General Car Talk » ACT Spotted

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Mon, 25 July 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just saw a very nice looking Aw11, looked sunburnt orange going very quickly around a roundabout on isabella drive heading in to chisholm. I wish my car handled like that!!

Anyone here own it?

-Andrew
  Send a private message to this user    
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: ACT Spotted Mon, 25 July 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres a blue sprinter YES-20V in Fyshwick, anyone here?
and does the carpet match the curtains?
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: ACT Spotted Mon, 25 July 2005 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter boy

Where you in Richardson yesterday (25/07/05) driving down Beattie Cres at about 4:30 - 5pm ish?
Because I am 99% I sore you come past my street
(White van, world’s darkest tint on the windows and rather large white rims)

Spotted Monday arvo
1 teal (same as mine) 185 GT4 Group A parked about 4 cars away from me in a car park in Deakin any one on here?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Mon, 25 July 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see the sprinter YES-20V around the Braddon area quite a bit, only once though was I in my car when I saw it.

I saw the aftermath of a multi car pile up last night, 4 cars all busted Rolling Eyes Got to love the tailgating, lack of anticipation and poor reaction time of you typical Canberra motorist Laughing
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: ACT Spotted Tue, 26 July 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YGT04A wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 02:40

Sprinter boy

Where you in Richardson yesterday (25/07/05) driving down Beattie Cres at about 4:30 - 5pm ish?
Because I am 99% I sore you come past my street
(White van, world’s darkest tint on the windows and rather large white rims)

Spotted Monday arvo
1 teal (same as mine) 185 GT4 Group A parked about 4 cars away from me in a car park in Deakin any one on here?

Yeah, you'll see him a lot down that what as his g/f lives down there.
My car is around a bit too, cos my best mates the housemate Smile
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ACT Spotted Tue, 26 July 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im often in the civic/anu area in the morning, i think matty_p is as well!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 27 July 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE82TwinCam wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 20:04

Just saw a very nice looking Aw11, looked sunburnt orange going very quickly around a roundabout on isabella drive heading in to chisholm. I wish my car handled like that!!

Anyone here own it?

-Andrew

haha that would have probably been my old one, it had a black roof on it? yeah you gotta love the way these things go around roundabouts Evil or Very Mad
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 27 July 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure wiso, it was getting pretty dark by that stage, but boy did she go Smile I hope my supra handles close to that one day (yeah I'm dreaming I know Very Happy)

-Andrew
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 27 July 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just saw a clean looking black JZA80 on Mort St mmmmmmmm so nice.

Damn they have a huge arse!

No celicas spotted though (I only count GT4's not SX's etc Wink ).
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 27 July 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if it was my old one, it is supercharged, and yeah it did go pretty hard, not as hard as my new on though Wink since I took all the good suspension gear out of it and put it all in my new one Very Happy
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 27 July 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How is the little door wedge going Joel?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 27 July 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its going awsome, I am in Heart

http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/8336/im0011011ks.th.jpg
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 27 July 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T-top! Bring on summer hey! They are cool little cars, very cool. I saw you out and about in the "red" one a few times, haven't seen this one yet though.

I will keep my eyes peeled.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 27 July 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man can't wait for the summer, ahh I can picture it now .... Rolling

even nice sunny days like today are good for going topless Very Happy Laughing

can't be too hard to spot, its the only blue AW11 in canberra Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 04:39]

AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 27 July 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 14:38

yeah man can't wait for the summer, ahh I can picture it now .... Rolling

even nice sunny days like today are good for going topless Very Happy Laughing

can't be too hard to spot, its the only blue AW11 in canberra Very Happy

I can't wait either! I only got to experience my aero top for about 3 weeks before it got too cold Sad I can't wait.

Your new one looks sweet as, still supercharged or is she turbo now?

Cheers
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 27 July 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man she's still supercharged, i don't plan to change it anytime soon, I am loving it. It is exactly what I want, handles incredibly, fast enough for me, and i love the responsiveness of the SC. plus its differant, lots of cars are turbo, not many are blown Wink
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 27 July 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

not many are blown Wink

That sounded incredibly bogan Laughing

South Coast Moruya car show on 27/28 August is calling you Joel, I am entering the rolla, and Phil is entering the panel van. We are doing the driving events Very Happy

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 27 July 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well ya bedda pass me a VB shano, and wheres me flanny? Laughing (did that sound more bogan for ya Wink ) Laughing Laughing

hmmm interesting, any details?

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 14:59]

AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 27 July 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 16:06

yeah man she's still supercharged, i don't plan to change it anytime soon, I am loving it. It is exactly what I want, handles incredibly, fast enough for me, and i love the responsiveness of the SC. plus its differant, lots of cars are turbo, not many are blown Wink

Yeah I loved the way my old GZE corolla drove, so smooth and responsive!

I saw a TA22 this morning on the way to work on Yamba drive, number plates TA 074, seemed to go pretty well. It was white, anyone's here?

-Andrew
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Thu, 28 July 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

"South Coast Nationals" 27th and 28th of August

Venue: Moruya Speedway (not the old Airport venue, but it's close to that)

Events: Show and shine, burnouts (this should pull the bogan crowds Wink), go-to-whoa, motorkhana, bike show, truck show etc etc.

It runs 9-5 both days.

Usually pretty good, fairly relaxed sort of event.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ACT Spotted Thu, 28 July 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 10:50

Quote:

"South Coast Nationals" 27th and 28th of August

Venue: Moruya Speedway (not the old Airport venue, but it's close to that)

Events: Show and shine, burnouts (this should pull the bogan crowds Wink), go-to-whoa, motorkhana, bike show, truck show etc etc.

It runs 9-5 both days.

Usually pretty good, fairly relaxed sort of event.

hmmm go-to-woa, and motorkana, should be good at those 2, hmm I'll think about it man, and let you know, I maybe keen to go.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: ACT Spotted Fri, 29 July 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw a red RA28 with what looked like a Coke advert on the drivers side. Parked yesterday on Moore St, Civic.

Any takers?
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: ACT Spotted Sun, 31 July 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Two red and one silver GZE sprinter.... all parked in my drive way :D:D
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ACT Spotted Sun, 31 July 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any takers for this one, just saw a white st185 GrpA gt4, really low, with larger wheels, maybe 16/17" at about 3.00 sunday arvo (today) turning off coulter drive onto luxton st in belco, just near the gull, figured it may be someone here as we kinda copped a missive look at each others cars, and he looked at me a bit strange, like jealousy Laughing Laughing Laughing yeah right Rolling Eyes
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ACT Spotted Sun, 31 July 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I assume you were the blue mr2 Smile that was me, I wasn't looking at you strange, I just look strange always.

I think you posted the other day that it is the only blue one on canberra, which is what grabbed my attention.
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: ACT Spotted Sun, 31 July 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw a blue aw11 mr2 the other day turning into mckellar from ginenderra drive... bloke was wearing big sunnys and listneing to techno... is this you wiso? i was driving celica in avatar
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ACT Spotted Sun, 31 July 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet... yep on both occaisions,

nice, i am finally seeing some other cars getting around, not something you get very often on the north side of town.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ACT Spotted Sun, 31 July 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are a few of us around the north side...

74gt lives just around the corner and there is a Red mr2 on my street.
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 03 August 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im a kaleen lad but am round florey area heaps for school and such. will keep my eyes out for yas and prob wave if i think that fast.....me dumb
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 03 August 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty_p - Your parked in my spot!!! Wars have been started for less! Razz
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Thu, 04 August 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey that BMW Z3 parked in your spot.

I parked in the one next to it Very Happy

BTW Have you been drag racing - looks like you're running slick tyres on the front Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 07:21]

Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ACT Spotted Fri, 05 August 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha nope just time for some new tires!
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: ACT Spotted Mon, 08 August 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Havent seen it for a while, but does anyone on here own a gunmetal grey RA23 with GTV grill that lives somewhere near me (kaleen)? guy flashed me one morning... older bloke
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: ACT Spotted Fri, 19 August 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McKellar seems to be Mk IV Supra spotting territory at the moment. I've seen a black, silver and a purpley blue coloured one at different times in the last couple of weeks.
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: ACT Spotted Fri, 19 August 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AFAIK, the guy with the TA074 plates works at the mint with my Dad.
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Fri, 19 August 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw Gumby yesterday in his perrdy black new supra Smile I nearly missed him, luckily someone was paying attention and he beeped at me!

He saw me with my pee shooter exhaust on Embarassed. I was on my way to get rego'd at the time Rolling Eyes

Also, saw a nice MZ20/21 Soarer driving in to tuggers on Wednesday I think, looked like an older driver. Looked sweet, Chrome rims and appeared to have a few stickers.

Cheers
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Sun, 21 August 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah you were pulling out of my street! so i originally thought it was my old car! since i live with the new owner.

but nope it was you and man it looks hot!
i didnt even notice the pee shooter. but thats ok because my car has a pee shooter too!! hehe but that is soon to be replaced as of today!

with front mount cooler, apexi exhaust and new intake.

hopefully those bloody XR6 turbos can leave me alone now hehe! Very Happy
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Mon, 22 August 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw a green TA/RA 22/23 ?? green, Simmons wheels, only seen it around a couple of times but never close enough to hear what's in it.

Saw the other yellow TA22 like Tweety last week too.

tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: ACT Spotted Mon, 22 August 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That green onr is a TA22, I think it has a 2TG. It's a nice one. I saw it once, and tried to catch it to have a perve... But then I realised I was in my Lada Niva Laughing ! Not a chance in hell Cool
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Mon, 22 August 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 07:56

yeah you were pulling out of my street! so i originally thought it was my old car! since i live with the new owner.

but nope it was you and man it looks hot!
i didnt even notice the pee shooter. but thats ok because my car has a pee shooter too!! hehe but that is soon to be replaced as of today!

with front mount cooler, apexi exhaust and new intake.

hopefully those bloody XR6 turbos can leave me alone now hehe! Very Happy

Oooo, should sound sweet. I installed my boost controller on sunday, took my pee shooter off, man she sounds like a beast!! I love it! Oddly enough it only sounds a touch louder than my old muffler. I guess it really was doing bugger all to 'muffle'. Oh well, time for a new one. When finances permit Smile

Cheers
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ACT Spotted Mon, 22 August 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that dude green ta22 wants nothing to do with the CCG, I tagged his car once and he rang mitch and abused him, siad to stop putting cards on his car, he says its a pos, soo much bog its not funny Laughing (well it kinda is)
CelicasuprA
Regular

May 2005
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 24 August 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, im from Canberra too. You guys mite see me driving up and down Belconnen Way/Barry Drive in my Celica Supra. There's not many around here, but yeah, mine's a white one with body colour front bumper. It will be going to a new home soon though. Sad
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: ACT Spotted Thu, 25 August 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw a white sprinter on Ipswich St this arvo after work. I think it was missing the front bar... I wasn't looking that carefully.

Hey, CelicasuprA, I haven't seen ur car... But I was logged in as you at uni Laughing . Do you park it at the uni? I've probably seen it around.
CelicasuprA
Regular

May 2005
Re: ACT Spotted Thu, 25 August 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, yeah, i park at baldessin parking station lvl 2. Very Happy
It will be gone after the mid semester break though

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 12:34]

120ymania
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: ACT Spotted Fri, 26 August 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all,

any1 know who owns the Greyish Sprinter with trueno front (white) and plates 'YEP 20V' as i diced with him on Limestone ave on Wednesday morning bout 7.30am.

Aaron

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2005 09:32]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Sun, 28 August 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spotted a heap of tuff cars at the South Coast Nationals on the weekend Very Happy

Quote:

any1 know who owns the Greyish Sprinter with trueno front (white) and plates 'YEP 20V' as i diced with him on Limestone ave on Wednesday morning bout 7.30am.

I have seen it around the city area a few times.
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: ACT Spotted Mon, 29 August 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spotted a white group A at BP Chisholm the other day gave the bloke a wave he had a quick look at my car then gave me a wtf sort of look
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Mon, 29 August 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

gave the bloke a wave he had a quick look at my car then gave me a wtf sort of look

Laughing What sort of wave did you give him? (a friendly g'day mate wave, a hello sailor wave, a Queen Elizabeth wave????)

Maybe the guy was just socially retarded Wink
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ACT Spotted Tue, 30 August 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CelicasuprA wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 23:43

hey, im from Canberra too. You guys mite see me driving up and down Belconnen Way/Barry Drive in my Celica Supra. There's not many around here, but yeah, mine's a white one with body colour front bumper. It will be going to a new home soon though. Sad

Yep I have seen you a couple of times... I too reguarlay travel up and down barry drive/belco way.

Also saw a silver st205 on friday night. Next to me at the lights corner of Giniderra and Kingsford Smith
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ACT Spotted Tue, 30 August 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Black st185 corner of Marcus Clarke and University Avenue about ten mins ago.
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 31 August 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got a wave from a dude in a green RA28 in Reid this morning. Also saw the RA28 with 'coke advert thingy' on Moore street a couple of days ago. Looks wang...

Last night I saw also the sprinter with trueno front end.
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 31 August 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I keep seeing AW11's around...

I saw the blue one about a week ago, a few red ones and a coppery coloured one.

Also saw a green stocko TA22 at Mobil in Melba last night. Don't know if they're on here or not.
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: ACT Spotted Wed, 31 August 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw a red TA22 parked at the north oval carpark at uni today. Looked stock, but pretty good nick. My RA23 next to it looked more evil however! Evil or Very Mad
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ACT Spotted Thu, 01 September 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Black celica supra this morning on barry drive. anyones?
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: ACT Spotted Sat, 03 September 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
white ta22 with flares and clear indicators in the west belconnen area last nite.... anyone here? Rolling Eyes Razz

tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: ACT Spotted Thu, 08 September 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw a horn yellow TA22 in Fyshwick a couple of days ago. Very tidy beast indeed.

Also, this morning a dude came into work with an ST205, build no. 48... I was like 'I'll sell you my soul!' Laughing
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ACT Spotted Thu, 08 September 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a white Mr2 on uni ave, been in the same 1h spot yesterday and today (not sure if it has even moved) no ticket suprisingly :S
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ACT Spotted Thu, 08 September 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Tricky do you work in the automotive insdustry?

Spotted a Subaru with it's front wheel rolling away from the car on Barry Drive this morning, sucks to be them.
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: ACT Spotted Fri, 09 September 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: ACT Spotted Fri, 09 September 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ke382TG wrote on Fri, 09 September 2005 09:53

Hey Tricky do you work in the automotive insdustry?

Spotted a Subaru with it's front wheel rolling away from the car on Barry Drive this morning, sucks to be them.

Laughing Laughing ^^ Larfing my voluptuous tiities off!! Laughing Laughing

Nup, I don't work in the auto industry unfortunately. Why do u ask?? I work in the 'I'm gonna pay you to let me work my arse off, so I get a piece of paper in a few years that may or may not make me more employable' industry... aka uni Rolling Eyes And when I'm not there, I fix gym equipment.

BTW, this morning on Ipswich st I saw a shiny light green TA22 going 'bwaaaaah', and this arvo there was a tidy white RA28 out the front of my house (CuRtana's).
Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Getting taken for a ride on a diff... $1000 for a RN20 lol...
Next Topic:AW11 owners anonymous
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:48:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011579990386963 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.