Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Is 5 valve better than 4 valve?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Tue, 07 June 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
re: the land speed record contender, from memory the dude built that car primarily to be used with a turbo, but will run it without as well, to let kids drive it or something.
  Send a private message to this user    
jkvsnn
Regular

June 2002
Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Tue, 07 June 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill,
Any idea of the diameter and length of the header primaries on that 249hp engine?

Cheers,
Julian
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Tue, 07 June 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jkvsnn wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 13:19

Bill,
Any idea of the diameter and length of the header primaries on that 249hp engine?

Cheers,
Julian

I don't know, but the ones on the FE I'm building are 1 5/8" OD and somewhat longer than you'd normally expect to use. The ones in the pic look much like that to me.
floody
Regular

June 2002
Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Tue, 07 June 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 20:10

i doubt that has anything to do with it

edit: its not like they just whack any old 4age into a sprinter these things rev way past the factory rev limit i wouldnt be supprised if they reved to 9-10k by the sounds of it and they werent particularly caring about their engine internals considering they didnt have any air filters and then you add to the fact that they are competing against 500ps silvias and skylines i doubt they were internally standard or anywhere near standard.

They were also considerably slower drifting as they were constantly getting passed by more powerfull cars kinda sad really

I didn't say anything about them being standard, or whacking any old motor in. More that beginning with a cheaper engine, with cheaper parts to build it, would be a logical way to go in drifting where engine longevity isn't going to be long at all.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Tue, 07 June 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that 170bhp's name calling, tanty throwing, whinging, continual self referencing of his (hers?) mechanical abilities and dogmatic belief in his own engine choice has proven to me that the 20V is the greatest and best of all engines ever in the universe....

Well, of all girly 1600 4 cyl engines anyway Laughing

What a carry on about a bloody 4AG.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Wed, 08 June 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread has been moderated a little.

Posts have been removed that contained personal attacks and foul language.

510rob
Regular

June 2004
Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Thu, 09 June 2005 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, of all the fossil fuel burning 1600cc motors that were ever put into cushy passenger cars, I understand I must like the 5-valve 4AG motor the bestest of all. I'm glad that was clarified so much.

Bill Sherwood, sorry man, you're just going to have to accept the facts and toss that junk-heap F-series motor into the ground because you don't have an SAE paper to back up how good you say it might be.

Too bad I am building up a 2000cc motor that will make more torque than a 5-valve ever will - what in God's name was I thinking?!? I sure wish I read this posting before I committed to the other motor...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Fri, 10 June 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 15:52

Well, of all girly 1600 4 cyl engines anyway Laughing

What a carry on about a bloody 4AG.

BWUAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHA Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

heh heh, zactly.. no matter what you do.. or no matter how many rpm you turn.... it's still only a baby 1.6L Wink Razz

Cya, Stewart
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Fri, 10 June 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dare we say anything about your baby K engines Stew?
*cough* 1.1-1.3L *cough*
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Fri, 10 June 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 14:23

Dare we say anything about your baby K engines Stew?
*cough* 1.1-1.3L *cough*

wellllll, you could but it's not gonna get you anywhere... Razz

a well worked 4K will kick the arse of any crappy 20valve Evil or Very Mad heh heh

get that up ya's Laughing
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Fri, 10 June 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shouldnt that be a well worked 4k will ALMOST keep up with a 20v?
Very Happy
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Fri, 10 June 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Revhead wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 15:49

shouldnt that be a well worked 4k will ALMOST keep up with a 20v?
Very Happy

see.. that depends....

if the 20V is in a 970kg sprinter or AE82....
and the 4K is in a 700kg KE15....
or the 4K is in a 400kg 1300 class clubman....

you get the idea Wink

and i was just stirring Razz
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Fri, 10 June 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me too Cool
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Is 5 valve better than 4 valve? Fri, 10 June 2005 07:24 Go to previous message
bah, let's just say it out loud...

AE86 (not KE15) sprinters suck, and 4AGE's bite hairy dogs balls......

heh heh, 5valve vs 4 valve.... if there was a definitive answer... every race team and (performance) manufacturer would be doing the same thing.. the 20V is still an econobox motor, just has slightly longer legs than a stock 16v Wink
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:reset ECU = better performance?
Next Topic:what is this thing?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:49:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047509670257568 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.