Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » Melbourne Celica/ Toyota (swap)meet/display-24th july!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Melbourne Celica/ Toyota (swap)meet/display-24th july!!! Sun, 05 June 2005 10:56 Go to next message
Hey All,
Just got me a nice little Ta22 recently. Doing it up a bit, Paint, running gear, ...Wouldn't mind being inspired by some of the awesome celicas/toyotas around the streets of Melbourne, and having a chat with some of the owners. Anyone interested in a general meet(bbq) up this will be held (as discussed in posts) on the 24th of july,11-3pm at heidleberg park- read further posts for exact location. See you there- Eddie

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2005 03:17]

Send a private message to this user    
TRD-GTI
Regular

May 2005
icon14.gif  Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Wed, 08 June 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile Hi mate, id be keen as. dont work weekends and havent been in Melbourne very long at all. would like to meet some like-minded enthusiasts
WIRTH
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Wed, 08 June 2005 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great Idea.

Picnic, byo bbq @ beach, yarra, national park, etc

Count me in.
Instigator_PsY
Regular

December 2003
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Wed, 08 June 2005 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im up for a meet up...I got my ae86 on the road not long ago hope to meet up with some fellow enthusiasts
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Thu, 09 June 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good!

Check out our website, you might be interested in joining our club.

http://cccvic.cjb.net

I'd be interested in a meet, nothing official, just catch up for a chat, etc. Work out some details, and we'll see if we can get some of the Classic Celica club down..
Royboy
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 14 June 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am the same. I am about to try and fix up my 1971 TA22 it has had very very little done to it. If Sunday meeting could it be made in the avro, I work sunday mornings.
KING_22
Regular

August 2003
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Fri, 17 June 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm down too.
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Sat, 18 June 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It happens to cross my mind that the only events attended in quantity are the more regular members and we kind of shun off newer members. Its been a while since the last caufield bbq. Lets have another one after "exams" e.t.c. That last location was not bad considering there was no nearby facilities so urinating in public was a must. The ducks and all were cool too.

Hows that sound?
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Sat, 18 June 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, looks like we're getting somewhere. I might try and co-ordinate a day with the ccc.
Hardcore Celica
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Sat, 18 June 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a fairly stock ta22, alright if i roll along?
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Sat, 18 June 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AGE wrote on Sat, 18 June 2005 16:36

It happens to cross my mind that the only events attended in quantity are the more regular members and we kind of shun off newer members. Its been a while since the last caufield bbq. Lets have another one after "exams" e.t.c. That last location was not bad considering there was no nearby facilities so urinating in public was a must. The ducks and all were cool too.

Hows that sound?

Sounds Great!

Jezza

[Updated on: Sat, 18 June 2005 11:38]

mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Sun, 19 June 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goin to start work on the car, would love to meet other enthusiast

when and where?
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Sun, 19 June 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm thinking of the Sun Arvo of the 24th July. Fair bit of advance warning for people to get organised. I'll contact the cccv to try and co-ordinate. What's the location of the caulfield place?
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Mon, 20 June 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good, weather permitting of course!

I'll have a chat with the boys, and we'll see if we can get a good meet happening...doesn't have to be just open to Classic Celicas, everyone can be welcome, what do you think?

shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Mon, 20 June 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds great - Looking forward to it! The cccv were organising a day as well with go-karting and pizzas. Maybe a good option too.
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Mon, 20 June 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ideas were being tossed around...Troy managed to organise a great dinner and pizza night at the last meet, or the one before, was a great day.

I'll speak to the guys tonight, and we'll get a date happening...that location in Caulfield sounds good, an alternate wet weather location might also be in store incase it pours down!
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 21 June 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright guys, lets organise an event around the 24th of July.

Can someone provide details for the Caulfield location?

Will it be a BYO event?

Lets get some ideas happening, that way we can finalise a date and location, and everyone has time to get prepared!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 21 June 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I make a suggestion? Heidelberg park is a very nice location, has a great carpark, and a hill which you can get up and take pics of all the cars together. In my opinion, its a better place, but you can make your own decisions eh? Oh, and it has 4 electric barbeques opposed to just one at the Caufield place.

Have a look at the pics on page 2 of this thread to see what I mean about the car park.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=63611&start=0&rid=6751&S=b1e39388a06 f87bbdd5c424870d14413
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 21 June 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good to me.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 21 June 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If this goes ahead, am I allowed to come see? I do have a Celica Supra Razz
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 21 June 2005 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have nothing to offer except front bumper damange, fucked up paint job and basically my celica is falling apart... im working on it, gradually. how embarassing.

can i come?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Wed, 22 June 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
backup GAS bbq is a must fellas just incase the electric ones put out no more heat than a lightbulb

the ones at caufield ewere bloody ordinary + with no facilitiwes for a wee - its def. off the list of places to meet in my books ..

This hiedelberg one sounds interesting - got a melways reference ?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Wed, 22 June 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Too cold to go outside to grab the melways, so here it is in picture. Just a little off the centre of the map. "Heldeiberg Park"

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/Crap/genmap.gif
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
icon12.gif  Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Wed, 22 June 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking good crew. I'm getting my ta22 up to scratch- manual conversion, paint job, sound system, uphostery. Should be pretty shcmick! 'Looking forward to meeting you all and seeing your rides...Heldeiberg Park it is.
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Thu, 23 June 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first Ta22 came 30 seconds from that location...what meets have previously taken place at this location?

Can anyone vouch for it's suitablilty with shelter, BBQ facilities, etc? I haven't been there so it'd be nice to get some feedback.

All going to plan, we are doing this on the 24th of June at that location then?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Thu, 23 June 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-NiCkeL- wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 23:02

My first Ta22 came 30 seconds from that location...what meets have previously taken place at this location?

Can anyone vouch for it's suitablilty with shelter, BBQ facilities, etc? I haven't been there so it'd be nice to get some feedback.

All going to plan, we are doing this on the 24th of June at that location then?

Errm. I'm guessing you meant July yeah? Coz 24th June is tomorrow. Razz

As for vouching for it, I'll drive by it in the next few days to look see again to make sure I got everything right.
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Fri, 24 June 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, that's what I meant...24th of July.

I'll start advertising that date and the meet spot in the next couple of days.

Can someone provide me with a description of the location? Where to enter, Melways reference, facilities, best route to the entrance, etc.

All Celicas and Toyotas are welcome, as long as they are an enthuiast!
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Mon, 27 June 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm there aslong as I don't move away by that time...
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Mon, 27 June 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im there
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 28 June 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am I allowed to bring the 'break down a lot' celica Yian? Please please please????
hehe
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 28 June 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure.
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 28 June 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in..
anyone know what bus i take to get to heidelberg from Rowville?

i'd use a car if i had one Confused but thats my own lazy fault.

StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 28 June 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will take ya chooney if i end up going,
which at this stage i think i will be.
It will kinda be the same, still a red 86 Razz

cheers
Shtock
Petes76celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Wed, 29 June 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will be there in the green machine if i dont break it agian.
Pete

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2005 01:54]

TRD-GTI
Regular

May 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Wed, 29 June 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be there too Smile
Quote:

My first Ta22 came 30 seconds from that location
funny i got my rolla only 5 min away from there too.... a happy hunting ground Laughing
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Thu, 30 June 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-NiCkeL- wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 13:39

Can someone provide me with a description of the location? Where to enter, Melways reference, facilities, best route to the entrance, etc.

Melways reference is 32 C4. You go up Burgundy St (the little brown one, not red main one) through Jika/Dora Street and its basically the first little entry on the left. Depending on where everyone is coming from, Bell St/Manningham Road would be the main road perpendicular to Burgundy St.

Best way would be tp come through Eastern Freeway, Thompsons Road exit, turn left and Manningham Road and turn right at the massive Honda Dealership at the corner of Manningham/Dora St.
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Fri, 01 July 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright guys, so this is all going ahead?

Are we going to make it just a big Toyota meet?
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Sun, 03 July 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-NiCkeL- wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 14:28

Alright guys, so this is all going ahead?

Are we going to make it just a big Toyota meet?

Yeah shit yeah lets get all the toyotas there we can.

Doesnt matter what it is!

Jezza
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Sun, 03 July 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok- So, can someone with a portable bbq bring that along too(as backup)or is this not neccesary? I'll buy some snags. Probably 20 or so. So if some of you guys want to bring some food type goodness also that'll be sweet. (I think we'll need more than what I can offer for this...)
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 05 July 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm gonna try and get the TCCA gusy to show up, but at minimum the Grumpy Racing guys should be there.

So I need a few details so it can be put in the mag for us club plate guys

Date:
Time:

if you could fill this in for me that would be great.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2005 01:54]

shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 05 July 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok- hows 11am-3pm
24/7/2005
see earlier posts for exact location
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 05 July 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about we make a meet after the dyno day?
I am tryin to arrange for either the 31st or the 23rd of July...
Or maybe cancel the idea of the dyno and have a meet instead?

-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 05 July 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll come down, i'll advertise it on the Classic Celica site but we won't call it an official meet or anything, due to the fact that it's short notice, etc.

Look forward to seeing you guys at Templestowe!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 05 July 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are the main ideas about combining this with the dyno day that we've been tryin to organise... Or else having 2 seperate days..

I'd be quite interested in coming if work allows me!!

But i'd be interested none the less!!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 05 July 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And to get a bit more interest I'd advise renaming the title.. I had no idea it was a meet or anything..

I reckon u should include the date, and write TOYOTA MEET!!!

That will get the figures up...
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Tue, 05 July 2005 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 17:25

What are the main ideas about combining this with the dyno day that we've been tryin to organise... Or else having 2 seperate days..

I'd be quite interested in coming if work allows me!!

But i'd be interested none the less!!

dont think its viable to have bbq and dyno together especially if its different location.

heidelberg sounds good, i live in heidelberg afterall Very Happy
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota meet-24th july!!! Thu, 07 July 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make sure u take plenty of snappies... as im working that day! Sad Sad
sounds like a great day out.
1ZZFEWagon
Regular

August 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota roundup Fri, 08 July 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 17:27

And to get a bit more interest I'd advise renaming the title.. I had no idea it was a meet or anything..

I reckon u should include the date, and write TOYOTA MEET!!!

That will get the figures up...

yeah TOYOTA MEET!!!

i'll be there....just stationary meet yeah???

my stock 4KC powah will not keep up with your cars !!! Laughing

[Updated on: Fri, 08 July 2005 02:53]

shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota meet-24th july!!! Fri, 08 July 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stationary bbq at this stage and a face to face chat with people about their cars. Perhaps some parts swapping will occur too, and possibly a short cruise to be decided on the day.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota meet-24th july!!! Fri, 08 July 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we can turn this into a toyota flea market. bring all ur stuff for sale to trade. welcome to toymods melbourne tradefare!!!! Very Happy
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota meet-24th july!!! Fri, 08 July 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See you guys there hopefully!
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota meet-24th july!!! Fri, 08 July 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah - Toyota trading for those who want to. Good idea!
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota meet-24th july!!! Fri, 08 July 2005 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shelldrake wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 19:39

yeah - Toyota trading for those who want to. Good idea!

credit card, eftpos and cheque not accepted!! Postage and handling free Laughing
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota meet-24th july!!! Sat, 09 July 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll bring a couple of cooking weapons. Razz And some oil.. and whatever we need to cook etc etc. If anything is forgotten, I only live close by after all.
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota meet-24th july!!! Sat, 09 July 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hopefully the weather holds up and have no rain. Is there shelter or at least some protection from the elements????

For our cars i mean. We can survive in the rain. Wink

Jkz what happens on the occasion of poor weather like we're bound to have.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota meet-24th july!!! Sat, 09 July 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drift competition in the carpark if the weather goes to shits..
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm sure we could find somewhere to go if it gets rainy!!
Maybe an undercover Park? Laughing Laughing
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota (swap)meet/display-24th july!!! Tue, 12 July 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can someone put all the details in one thread Very Happy

how much is the dyno????

is this the same add i saw at cccv?????

whose organising the dyno?????
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota (swap)meet/display-24th july!!! Tue, 12 July 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dam, i need a fly wheel Confused
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota (swap)meet/display-24th july!!! Tue, 12 July 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay. I drove through the BBQ location on the way back from Uni (registered myself to get my peice of paper that costed me $19,800 -- yay, I'm qualified), and there wasn't any shelter Confused Would this be a problem? There is, however, another BBQ spot not far from there that does have 2 electric BBQs as well, with 4 tables, 2 of which are undercover.

Tell me what you guys think. If the weather is good, or not rainy at least, Heidelberg park would be the better location I think.
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Melbourne Celica/ Toyota (swap)meet/display-24th july!!! Tue, 12 July 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mmmmm...I reckon meet at heidelberg park regardless of weather, to stay consistent, - then if the weather in fact is shitty we can move to the other location as a convoy...That's what I reckon- It means the group won't be split by communication breakdown.
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MCCR T-YAKUZA MINI MEET & CRUISE
Next Topic:CHECK OTHER POST FOR DYNO INFO!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 22:16:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01088285446167 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.