Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buddy clubs are the way to go my friend.
Also Toyota did a rerun on the Group A Rallye stickers, they can be had for just a touch over $100 for the whole set.
  Send a private message to this user    
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs, do you know who to contact at Toyota re stickers? My car's in the shop getting smash repaired at the moment (semi-trailer hit the back of it - not much damage luckily), and Toyota said last week that there were no sticker sets available, so I got my repairer to contact Rebel Graphics today in Taren Point to get some originals printed (since that's who Toyota Australia contracted to print them back in 1991). I figured since I'm not paying for it I might as well try & get genuine stickers from the original source!
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty P wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 20:17

I would have thought that a genuine Group A would have a number of TRD manufactured parts Razz

Although if you go to the TRD parts catalogue, you won't find anything for the ST185, so maybe not Rolling Eyes

My car was bog stock when I bought it except for a custom exhaust, so I would be surprised if the TRD badges had been added by a previous owner.

I think we need to accept that all Group A's are not the same. For example, mine has TRD badges and no gold 'limited edition' plaque in the engine bay.

As for adding Group A stickers to your car Stu, I wouldn't. I'm not a fan of putting badges/stickers on a car that weren't originally on it. But each to his own....

Hey Matty P, the TRD badges must have been added by a previous owner as a 'cosmetic' enhancement as they did not have anything like it from the factory. The reason your car does not have a limited edition gold plaque under the bonnet is because your car was not on 'pre-order' from the factory but instead was one of the few that sold from a showroom. The plaque was not produced for these as the 'original owner' was obviously not known at the time of manufacture.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 22:36

Toobs, do you know who to contact at Toyota re stickers? My car's in the shop getting smash repaired at the moment (semi-trailer hit the back of it - not much damage luckily), and Toyota said last week that there were no sticker sets available, so I got my repairer to contact Rebel Graphics today in Taren Point to get some originals printed (since that's who Toyota Australia contracted to print them back in 1991). I figured since I'm not paying for it I might as well try & get genuine stickers from the original source!

I just got mine through Toyota castle hill.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tony - if you have any issues let me know - i can get a set for you if the genuine option fails.

Also its a shame to waste the gold plaque i have , the interior badges given to me as a gift from A friend in toyota tech development , and the originals ..

I believe C-red do buddyclubs ?
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FARRRRKKKK!!!

stupid bloody bursons screwed up my order for my whiteline kit! took them a god damn month to figure it that something wasnt right and they have only just re-ordered it! I AM PISSED OFF!!!

not happy jan.
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks.
Rebel Graphics put us onto Castle Hill Toyota, who are now getting a set delivered up from Melbourne.
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those rims look sweet! Your car just needs to be a smidgen lower and it will look perfect!

also pm sent re. old rims!

Regards Nathan
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 00:33

Hey Matty P, the TRD badges must have been added by a previous owner as a 'cosmetic' enhancement as they did not have anything like it from the factory. The reason your car does not have a limited edition gold plaque under the bonnet is because your car was not on 'pre-order' from the factory but instead was one of the few that sold from a showroom. The plaque was not produced for these as the 'original owner' was obviously not known at the time of manufacture.

That makes sense. Wonder if other Group A's sold off-the-floor would have the TRD badges? I was OK with them when I thought they were OE, but if they were added later makes me feel like a ricer Embarassed

Yes C-RED do buddyclubs and they would look awesome on the GT4 but they are still pretty expensive (around $450 per wheel no tyre). They also seem to have a rather limited availability.

I think I will be getting something cheaper.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't worry... I don't have a gold plaque either Sad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And here i am with everything .... Feel sorta obliged to use the gold plaque i have as it was given to me by a toyota exec - No point haing it gathering dist though - ill make sure it doesnt clain to be a limited edition from the 150 - just a limeted edition mongrel garage hybrid

what number was your toobs ?

re rims - thats pretty much what i payed for the ones i have on the car atm , so - much of a muchness when it comes to rims

Simmons were like 2600 just for rims , from a recent quote , RP03's were over 2 grand as well

Still tossing up on wild or grey though
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My build number is 135, I have the number plaque just not the first owners plaque.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 12:48

Do you really want the extra attention ? Owning a GT4 is unique enuff without having to spray paint it bankstown orange.

I have the original owners plate but some junky stole my gearknob and took the surround with it which had the plate on it Mad
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twasn't me I swear puff! Must have been MattyP Very Happy
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all this talk of group A stickers has me wondering, can you get the GT four sticker that was on the back of the regular plain jane gt4's like mine, as the previous owner has put bloody TRD stickers all over the thing and the only part that is TRD is the clutch plate. And thats if I belive him. Is there another badge rather than the sticker, something that looks a bit less tacky? The GT four writen on the back looks pretty average, but still looks better than TRD in plain white.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i found a genuine badge at Toyospares, if i still have the plastic somewhere it had the part number on it. i'll have a look. tho i think this badge was on the ST205s. but i am not sure
http://members.optusnet.com.au/erki/5.jpg
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not me either... I gave up the stuff years ago Very Happy

Besides, mine has #005 on it.

I wonder if the Group A has the same badges because I'm pretty sure my GT-FOUR badge is on the other side, with the Group A Rallye sticker on the drivers side.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty P wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 20:29

Not me either... I gave up the stuff years ago Very Happy

Besides, mine has #005 on it.

#005 is a start..... now who's got #008 so I can put them together and make #013
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
esk34 wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 20:00

Hey all this talk of group A stickers has me wondering, can you get the GT four sticker that was on the back of the regular plain jane gt4's like mine, as the previous owner has put bloody TRD stickers all over the thing and the only part that is TRD is the clutch plate. And thats if I belive him. Is there another badge rather than the sticker, something that looks a bit less tacky? The GT four writen on the back looks pretty average, but still looks better than TRD in plain white.

I don't know if this picture helps at all?

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/miscellaneous/badge_gtfour.jpg
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puffy wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 16:04

Classique71 wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 12:48

Do you really want the extra attention ? Owning a GT4 is unique enuff without having to spray paint it bankstown orange.

I have the original owners plate but some junky stole my gearknob and took the surround with it which had the plate on it Mad

Sounds like i could help both you and toobs ut if i decide not to go group A replica

as for wild - its just a thought - bar for foks getting the castrol vinyls done , you never see gt4's with that "WTF" factor

maaybe the wild colours better kept if i ever move up another step to a JZA80 , just greys well , boring without some added spice
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to make an impression, you could always go for black. There aren't many around and I'm sure UMPMAN and Toobs will agree that black looks tough on a GT4 - especially with Group A front end Shocked

Otherwise maybe a midnight blue, like the Raven on the new model celica?

Just don't know if a wild colour would suit the GT4....
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that black look good, but the difficulty in keeping it clean is a bit of a negative, red is the only other colour that I really like on the GT4, that's why mine is red. Grey looks to boring, white is white (I have owned way to many white cars) And the maroon is to conserative. However paint it how ever you wan't it's your car. Smile

Rainy is that is the part no. Then it will help a great deal, as that is exactly what I am looking for. Now who is likely to have them?
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty P wrote on Sat, 05 November 2005 08:34

If you want to make an impression, you could always go for black. There aren't many around and I'm sure UMPMAN and Toobs will agree that black looks tough on a GT4 - especially with Group A front end Shocked

And me and me!!!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think id go the full black look - may keep the bonnet black though - not 100% convinced for the long term though

grey definantly needs something to break up the , well , acres of grey ..

we have a black Xr6 falcon in the family now - and seeing how much of a turd it is to keep looking great - its sorta put me off black as the colour to go with all over Smile
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You drive on dirt roads a lot don't you stu?
If so I would just leave it grey unless your paint needs some very serious attention.
Black car on a dirt road would be a nightmare!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 23:20

Sounds like i could help both you and toobs ut if i decide not to go group A replica

Definately keep us in mind if you decide not to use the plaques! Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nods - alot of country/dirt roads ..

the XR6 is dirty in half a day , hence why i really dont want to go black

red , ive had red , bloody thing was always fading and oxidising so dont want that either

might look at pearl options over grey with the black bonnet, any thoughts ?
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
icon14.gif  Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
esk34 wrote on Sat, 05 November 2005 10:41

Rainy is that is the part no. Then it will help a great deal, as that is exactly what I am looking for. Now who is likely to have them?

I believe it is the part number mate, Toyota should still stock them I guess?

Classique, I am quite fond of the grey of your car, if you were to go for the GrpA look ie. paint the bonnet and put on the sticker set, it would be very unique, the only grey GrpA (hybrid) I know of!

If you wanted a colour to spray it, Teal would look nice and also remain fairly unique, get a grey sticker (like the ones on the black GrpA's) and it would look pretty solid.

Now my suggestion for a non-factory colour paint job would be YELLOW, as in the yellow that they used for the 'A' in the Grp A Rallye logo/sticker. Now that would look very noice indeed!!! Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh i know where one of the grey ones is - Tooch owns it - cept its been resprayed !!

but nods - thats also one reason im umming and arring about making use of the group A parts i have .. out of 6 , the only one i know of , is now a bronze metallic black ..

ive yet to see another

Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did a quick photochop with this car:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/miscellaneous/classiquesug001.jpg

What do you reckon? Maybe a little less mustard? Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know - i actually think that looks bloody good Wink

go the black bonnet , and a set of darker rims and you have how id look at it
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricer!

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/miscellaneous/classiquesug002.jpg

Kidding. Wink

[Updated on: Sat, 05 November 2005 05:52]

Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Cool I think I like it Embarassed
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mark holden , while not giving carnationms to little biys , would be saying " touchdown "

i seriously like that colourscheme !

it would need a little more flare , and the group a stickers , but yeah - its definanlty got the goods IMHO
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go the mighty Tigers! Laughing

p.s. I couldn't be stuffed to do the wheels.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe Smile the effort so far was much appreciated rainey - its given me another good idea to work off ..

and that would def. make the mongrel unique - as ive never seen a gold Gt4
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i vote the deep dark blue like on the 200SX Silvias. now thats a nice color.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go for a metallic colour for the dirt roads... you don't notice the dust or small chips and swirl marks as much on metallic paint.
A GT4 with the same paint colour as Witzl has on his Crown would look cool.
http://www.witzl.com/crown/al%20palmers%20008.jpg
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuart, i reckon grey would look awesome on your machine, with the group A front end. It would be subtle, yet very mean and extremley clean looking, would look imense!

Not a big fan of those bright orange and show colours, It looks great on a Diablo or Murci, but not on a celica. Beej has fallen for some house of colour candy, he is getting it painted in..you can see how that turns out and choose, but grey all the way from me!! Very Happy

We had a cruise on Ozcelica yesterday, Three Group A's(#16-White(mine Very Happy ),#69-Red(Gary-Hawk),#94-Black(Steve)) and a few other really nice GT-Fours were in attendance. here are some pics:
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/6071/DSC_3798.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/2742/DSC_3797.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9383/DSC_3796.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3116/DSC_3795.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4702/DSC_3791.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9122/DSC_3788.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8250/DSC_3787.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/779/DSC_3785.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3144/DSC_3783.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/333/DSC_3781.th.jpg

Very Happy Very Happy
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3237/DSC_3780.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4067/DSC_3777.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/7248/DSC_3814.th.jpg
http://img499.imageshack.us/img499/8111/dsc38293nh.th.jpg http://img499.imageshack.us/img499/6182/dsc38289oc.th.jpg http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/5539/dsc38267hx.th.jpg http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3226/dsc38264qy.th.jpg http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6749/dsc38254ju.th.jpg http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2833/dsc38207iw.th.jpg
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/5757/dsc38187hm.th.jpg http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/1855/dsc38169nl.th.jpg http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4374/dsc38156vy.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/6439/DSC_3807.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/6687/DSC_3806.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8025/DSC_3805.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8292/DSC_3804.th.jpg http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/423/DSC_3802.th.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5146/DSC_3800.th.jpg
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3199/dsc38503fp.th.jpg
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7112/dsc38339to.th.jpg http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/889/dsc38480wm.th.jpg http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6124/dsc38472sl.th.jpg http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/663/dsc38467au.th.jpg http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5554/dsc38440pk.th.jpg http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/4057/dsc38433zs.th.jpg http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/4681/dsc38423yq.th.jpg http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/4641/dsc38417hw.th.jpg http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6810/dsc38385nv.th.jpg http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1091/dsc38379oz.th.jpg
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5217/dsc38367lk.th.jpg http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2369/dsc38326ya.th.jpg http://img499.imageshack.us/img499/9146/dsc38318go.th.jpg http://img499.imageshack.us/img499/8017/dsc38305ug.th.jpg
http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/5696/dsc38710sl.th.jpg http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/6784/dsc38701aq.th.jpg http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/5746/dsc38689ya.th.jpg http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/7329/dsc38661bw.th.jpg http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/9536/dsc38652ep.th.jpg http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/6220/dsc38626wo.th.jpg
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2201/dsc38612dy.th.jpg http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4191/dsc38610to.th.jpg http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4599/dsc38607lk.th.jpg http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4985/dsc38585yy.th.jpg http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/6771/dsc38579ud.th.jpg http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/6484/dsc38569bz.th.jpg http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/2530/dsc38559dy.th.jpg http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4360/dsc38542br.th.jpg http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9181/dsc38531xv.th.jpg
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/660/dsc38886xd.th.jpg
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/6291/dsc38872pt.th.jpg http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/6496/dsc38853yf.th.jpg http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/5558/dsc38847wi.th.jpg http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/720/dsc38831dm.th.jpg http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/5707/dsc38827vy.th.jpg http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/7509/dsc38815kk.th.jpg http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/1277/dsc38804wl.th.jpg http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2254/dsc38781hb.th.jpg http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6128/dsc38777tt.th.jpg http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3151/dsc38763rf.th.jpg
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/700/dsc38754hu.th.jpg http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7417/dsc38748sr.th.jpg http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3879/dsc38733sb.th.jpg http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/1542/dsc38721fz.th.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/6596/dsc39027md.th.jpg http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/7012/dsc38986mz.th.jpg http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/3641/dsc38973jx.th.jpg http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4166/dsc38964id.th.jpg http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8250/dsc38945yt.th.jpg http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2192/dsc38920qn.th.jpg
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8195/dsc38910ft.th.jpg http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5774/dsc38900oe.th.jpg http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9231/dsc38895hp.th.jpg http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1262/dsc38872th.th.jpg

Sorry i had to post them in different replys, the forum has a limit of 10 pics per post...so had to split em up. Rolling Eyes
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice pics. Those white rims are sweet Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine will be going grey/black bonnet for a little while - needs a touch up here and there in the meantime to make it look sorta neat , but yeah - ill see what beej's looks like ..

i do like that yellow though Smile
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that the yellow rocks, I remember seeing an st204 in this colour and it looks really nice. Get some black or white rims with that yellow and I think it would look really bloody good.
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmm, nice pics!

On another topic, I'm excited cos I just got a great deal on car insurance! Finally!!
Vigil (underwitten by Oamps) will insure my Group A under their modified car policy for my requested value of $17,000, with an excess of $500, and the best bit - they give 10% discount if you're a member of a car club! Final premium $1280.

Much better than what Just Cars was offering... agreed value of $13,000 Mad, $1,200 excess (their new revised excess for all GT4s) and $1,400 premium.

Vigil's main requirements are that you are at least 25 years old, and you park your car off-street overnight.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 November 2005 12:12]

zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 07 November 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony that is brilliant. I know where I'll be going when I turn 25!
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 07 November 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys,

im looking at options for a cold air intake for my st165 gt4.

id really like to know what kind of setups every1 is running.
is it worth doing a straight intake with a pod, or just changeing the stock filter to a hi-flow filter?

does a pod make a whole lot more noise than the stock filter and is it a noticeable power increase?
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 07 November 2005 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey sikx5. Those clear corners look really good on your white car. Where did you get them from? I'd love a set on my white Group A Very Happy

Re: air filters - I've just got a K&N panel because I couldn't be bothered mucking around to move battery etc.. Might be a bit louder, but I haven't noticed any performance improvment.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 07 November 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 23:13

hey guys,

im looking at options for a cold air intake for my st165 gt4.

id really like to know what kind of setups every1 is running.
is it worth doing a straight intake with a pod, or just changeing the stock filter to a hi-flow filter?

does a pod make a whole lot more noise than the stock filter and is it a noticeable power increase?

Heh I've done it a bit ghetto, basically the pod sits in the wheel arch behind the splashguard. If you pull out the stock resonator and shit that's in there, there's heaps of room. Then there is just a big plastic flexible hose running from the pod to the afm.
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 08 November 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For all intents and purposes. What is the use of a cold air intake.
If the first thing the cold air is seeing is a hot turbo which compresses and heats the air.

Just get a bigger more efficient Intercooler.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 08 November 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so did the "ghetto" style do much for performance or at least make a better sound?

also it would be my thinking that the filter its self increases flow, as well as the straigh and smooth pipeing. that and every hi end turbo drag car uses these sorta setups.

ON ANOTHER TOPIC:

does anyone know if the disk rotors on the st185 are bigger than teh st165. im also looking at upgradeing the breakes in one way or another, whether that is drilling and slotting the current disks and some new pads or aftermarket i dont know.

any suggestions? (besides st205 setup cause they are an endangered species)

[Updated on: Tue, 08 November 2005 05:15]

BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 08 November 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow jarrod you sure are planning alot for that 165 hey.
turbos, suspension, brakes..

well i got my works kit fitted today. after a quick drive i thought the car felt alot steadier, and then when i started taking some corners i was like ooo yeah.

so now that i have that out of the way, i'm going to be looking at other mods.
and that reminds me,..
Stuart, when are you going to sell me that fuel cut defender??
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 08 November 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty P wrote on Tue, 08 November 2005 07:44

Hey sikx5. Those clear corners look really good on your white car. Where did you get them from? I'd love a set on my white Group A Very Happy

Re: air filters - I've just got a K&N panel because I couldn't be bothered mucking around to move battery etc.. Might be a bit louder, but I haven't noticed any performance improvment.

I bought them from eBay mate. Do a search for celica in the australian eBay, they are bound to show up, around $60Au. I paid i think it was $110AU delivered as i bought them from the US about 1 year ago now, but your lucky that there on Australian eBay now, so some money saved there. Cool
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 08 November 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
yeah i sure do eric, im sorta just decideing what to do first.
things im looking into (in no particular order)

ct-26 twin entry turbo
AVCR
SAFC
pod and CAI
Exhaust
Stereo.

i think it will be stereo done first, then the air intake.

then i have to decide wether to stick with standard turbo and get and exhaust and DP for that, or to wait out for a rebuilt twin entry ct-26, and get the exhaust made for that.

then SAFC and AVCR to raise the boost and keep it tuned and steady to bout 12-13psi and 8psi with a hi-low switch. might need a FCD too. id also look into getting a bigger heat exchanger for the stock intercooler.

Pages (23): [ «  <  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all
Next Topic:wolf 3d V4....how much are they?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:21:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012053966522217 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.