Toymods » General Car Talk » GT4 owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
farva
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks heaps everyone for you replies, its really appreciated.

in the scenario that i'd have to do a full rebuild, doing most of the work myself, how much money would i be looking at having to spend? anyone else done any rebuilds? and would the car be alot more reliable after a rebuild?
oh, and while i was doing it, depending on the cost i would look at modding it at the same time.

thanks everyone
  Send a private message to this user    
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I think my gt4 has been on the road long enough
this time around ( been about 2 months )
so I'm pulling it off the road for more mods
due to factory wastegate shitting itself Mad
decided to add custom exhaust manifold and tial
external wastegate, upgrading front brakes to a much
larger setup, and trialing a multi coil setup
I will be taking more photos this time and
giving detailed updates on how its going Smile

cheers Very Happy
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys,

what sort of probs do youse all have with your 185's?

i haven't broken anything that has been hard to come by (touch wood), tho i have broken a spring, and my inner CV joint has shit itself.

Started on the install of a GT2871RS yesterday, turbo out, manifold plate cut and tacked into where the turbo is going to sit, got my lines organised for around $50 (braided oil feed, and mix steel tube and pipe for oil drain, tho need to get some silicone hose for water), all i need to do is somehow enlarge the standard intake hose by the tiniest amount and manipulate it a bit to make it fit onto the new position.

Removing the turbo and downpipe was easy enough, just pulled the whole lot out in one big lump (custom downpipe) so it came out manifold, turbo, EGR (apparently), downpipe, oil lines, all in one lump! pretty nifty Very Happy
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe i thought your car had been on the road for a bit too long troy Razz So it back to the POS meteor to get to work ? Laughing Hope it all goes smoothly for u troy so its not off the road for too long and u get some nice power figures from it Smile Still owe me a ride and somethin tells me that after these mods it will be a good time for it Wink
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Of all the things that have gone wrong with my car none of them have been very expensive.
The things I have replaced are just the normal belts, boots, engine mounts etc. and lots of clips!

Obviously doing the work yourself will save you heaps... especially any work that involves the engine being removed (e.g. clutch)
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude its not much to maintain if you pickup one in good nick, and parts are not a problem, most jap imports have st185 half cuts lying around for those rolla boys who want some real power. So dont worry about the parts too much!

Ive had mine on the road since March, and am happy to say nothing has gone wrong up until the other day, the front passenger side, there is a massive knock, and it happens when it wants too, ive checked it all out, everything is tight, no loose bolts. Its a bit of a dilema, have no idea what it is, maybe a CV shaft,

Has anyone else experienced this?? any ideas??

For mods, ive gone with Tein super street struts and j-speed braces all around. I have to buy the polyuthere bushes but it would make a difference im guessing considering the curret ones are coming on age.

Also ive got a straight intake mod, and its a great first mod, you can hear the turbo spool down and the induction noise is awesome, i love that.

Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 06:15]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Engine mount?
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks! I just had a look, and the rubber surround has broken off, and is dangling there, but the actual mount itself seemed solid dude, there is a bit of paint missing around that area though, not sure. Do you know how much a mount is off the top of your head by anychance?

The noise itself, the whole car vibrates, the noise travels through the center console and dash and rattles the shit out of it and the car! Confused Sad The mounts on the exhuast are all sweeet, and its not hitting the tail shaft.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 05:48]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends which mount is busted but they're all around $100 +/- $20
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok Guys

Whats quicker a modded Gt4 or a modded GTIR I have drivin my mates GTIR fair bit of work 200 kw and its a weapon. I want to be able to beat him one day will I have success???

Cheers

Andrew
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends how modded.

I never saw a GTiR win a WRC?

You could just drop a V8 in to be sure Smile
AaronST185
Regular

December 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would hazard a guess that the GTiR would be a lot lighter than a GT4.
I think if you wanted a drag car then a GT4 wouldn't be the way to go.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havent personally seen a GTiR in action, but my friend tells me how quick they are. he then goes on to tell me that one blew its engine on a dyno recently.. i was like pfft.
lol.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know the standard vaccum reading for a 205 at idle, ie 750 rpm. Graeme, Webstor, im looking towards you guys?

My 205 motor only wants to boost to 6.5psi instead of 13.5psi? I think its a boost/vacuum leak and the idle, boost guage, and fuel consumption and drop off in power support this but im not sure because i've never had a 205 before and have only put like 300km on this since the conversion. There was a hissing noise which is telltale boost leak but it has not since returned.

PS: Mod for mod RNN14 will destroy a GT4. Put it down to weight and power. I personally have seen one lay down 196rwk with just a 3" turbo back system, 1 bar boost and a pod filter. This is exceptional even for GTiRs but the motor has only done 85,000km - regular ones aren't far off this. Plus LSDs front, centre, and back help a shitload, as the inherent understeer can be dialled out with suspension.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 08:51]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine seems to be about -0.6hkpa below atmospheric so about 0.4hkpa
ROME_GT4
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have has experience with the GTiR's and well and GT4's

The SR20 DETT is a killa engine as most people know. The 3SGTE is damn good too, but the SR20 is just that little bit better. Also nissin seems to have a lot more aftermarket parts for this engine. So the difference in possible power could be great.

The GTiR is lighter but not by that much. However every kilo counts.

GTiR's have all the same problems our cars have. CV joints brake, gear box not that crash hot, clutch slipping on take off, you name it.

In a straight line drag the GTiR has better odds of winning. Track and rally the GT4 has better odds due to it's longer wheel base. Less likely to spin out while cornering.

(take everything I say with a grain of salt) Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 13:06]

Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KYOTO wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 18:43

PS: Mod for mod RNN14 will destroy a GT4. Put it down to weight and power.

Well said..... a GTiR will hand its fat ass back to a GT4. As does my 3 cylinder charade with 90kw at the wheels to wrx's. It weighs only 710kg Evil or Very Mad
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puffy wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 11:02

sikx5 wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 22:29

Does anyone know who's group A this is??:
http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7248

Its from Australia for sure, check out the plates(awesome plates).

Shocked that car is awesome....... wait a minute, thats my car Laughing

Shit i missed this!

Dude do you have any more pics on your car and any more details? It looks awesome for sure!

da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I just looked at the stock specs for a gt4 and Gtir

Gtir 1/4 mile stock 13.7 and our Gt4's 15.7 haha whats going on there. o well

still love the look of the Gt4 much cleaner looking car.

with my Gt4 how do I go about installed a front mount do I need a new front bar and front brace made up?? cause having a look in there it looks like a crazy time to fit a front mount in. have you guys still got all your air con working wtih front mounts or is there not enough room??

Andrew
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine probably runs one of the biggest frontmount cores here - all my aircon gear is still intact , all sealed - jjst have to work on a electrical glitch thats stopping the aircon clutch from engaging when turned on ..

All my pipes have clearance - though i have got the group a bumper + group A mount which gives heaps more room to mount up the core

http://home.iprimus.com.au/utahraptor/gt4_pics/hpcpipes1.jpg
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And yes the engine bay looks horrible

ill get more pics of the braces i made when the car comes back

Ayone here done a short throttle cable mod ?
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had the car serviced yesterday first one... set me back 650 bucks ouch all belts changed, oils and fluids said the car is in tip top condition. getting them to install a pod filter next week should do it myself but I can't be fucked! is it worth doing will I get spool and waste gate flutter from this mod?

They are going to do me an exaust system for 800 bucks as well is that a fair price.

Andrew
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_foles wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 13:21

getting them to install a pod filter next week should do it myself but I can't be fucked! is it worth doing will I get spool and waste gate flutter from this mod?

not 100% sure if we're thinking of the same thing but that "fullysick" wasteate flutter ur looking for is probably compressor surge? and extremely bad for your turbo...but to each his own...if u want to destroy bits and pieces of ur rare classic toyota for the whole rice/fullsick wog theme....im not gonna stop ya Very Happy
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It doesn't destory your turbo thats a myth it might do a small amount of damage but nothing serious.

I will install a bov eventually anyway.

-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even a small ammount of damage just so u can hear a noise and every1 u drive past will say "listen to that dickhead fucking his turbo just to try and get attention" is rediculous man...wheres ur head at bro....i just dont understand what some people are looking for i guess....i look for performance...i dont get it when ppl are willing to wreck theyre shit just to make a certain noise...but whatever man its ur car...in response to ur origional question, my 165 has a pod on the end of the stock intake piping, its running 11-12 psi and its one of the loudest spools ive heard to be honest...just as it starts to spool or if i back it off slowly i get a bit of a houl "sorta sounds like u got a dog under the hood lol" out of as well..sounds nice..but ive never heard "wastegate flutter" from a gtfour...cheers
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it better to have an atmospheric venting BOV, or no bov at all.

BOV = bad fuel mixtures when it lets air out.
No BOV = more damage to ur turbo

carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one other thing, im looking at fiiting some 17x7 (offset is 40)wheels to my st165, and the tyres are 205/40.

im worried they might be to wide, and would like to know before i buy the wheels if they will be an easy fit!

thanks
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why the hell would you want to intentionally cause compressor surge?
If you feel like damaging your turbo to make cool noises why not get some performance benefit out of it at the same time??? (i.e. Anti-Lag [Misufiyari sisuta to you sprintah guys])
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of blow off valves. i have a greddy type s in perfect nick, which has been sitting in my room for ages. anyone wanna buy it? Cool

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have 3 choices , plumb back , plumb back or plumb back

AFM + venting to atmo will stuff up your afm readings - and make it run like a dog - thats why most cars have factory plumb backs - ours just isnt one of them ( unless you have st205 motor )

Atmo venting is also illegal in most states, and will most likely get your car canaried

Plumb backs are not - as long as the " waste charge " is plumbed back into your intake piping - it doesnt upset things

Also atmo venting sounds like someone sneezing thru a megaphone -whats cool about that ?

da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not after the full sick sound just was wondering and it doesn't cause that much damage to your turbo anyway.

I had waste gate flutter on my ET for like 4 years
and yeah the turbo was fine rebuilt t25 its not like the blades get eaten away dude maybe we are talking over 8 years
but yeah. I see what your saying

anyway

cheers
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want a plumb back BOV anyone got one

carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any1 got anything to say about my wheel question!!

do 17x7 with a 40 offset fit on the st165's!

farva
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well guys no gt4 for me just yet. got a reply from the seller saying the car has been sold.

pity, cause i was going to go look at it this weekend, and if it was in good nick, i probably would have bought it Sad

oh well, i'll keep looking. if anyone sees a gt4 (import or no import) in REALLY good condition, with low k's and no mods, let me know!
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Mine seems to be about -0.6hkpa below atmospheric so about 0.4hkpa

Toobs, what rpm is this reading generally at? I take it idle, ie 750rpm? Also, have u any idea what that equates to in psi?

Mine is currently idling at about 1000rpm and reads -20psi. I know on my old motor the idle was 750rpm with a reading of between -22 and -24 psi. Even in this cold weather the car won't boost past 6.5 psi!

For the guy who was interested in BOVs BLKGT4 said he had a Greddy Type S and i have an Apexi Twin Chamber.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=KYOTO wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 20:15]
Quote:

Mine is currently idling at about 1000rpm and reads -20psi. I know on my old motor the idle was 750rpm with a reading of between -22 and -24 psi. Even in this cold weather the car won't boost past 6.5 psi!

Hi Kyoto,
Those readings are fine.
Check your wastegate to make sure it is operating properly (closed fully). If this is ok, then your cat is blocked if there are no boost leaks.

Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In regards to damage caused by compressor surge. ST185's suffer from this greater then most due to the short distance from compressor to butterfly.It just cannot be heard as the AFM is a one way gate so people are not aware of it.

Install a HKS vein pressure convertor to remove the afm and the compressor surge becomes very noticeable once a free flowing filter is added.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sikx5 wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 11:40

Its from Australia for sure, check out the plates(awesome plates).

Shocked that car is awesome....... wait a minute, thats my car Laughing

Shit i missed this!

Dude do you have any more pics on your car and any more details? It looks awesome for sure!

I have got more pics but none recent as Im in the middle of a brake upgrade. Just need to fabricate some hubs but just cant find the time lately. Found another pic of the 205 motor before the install. I really need to find all my pics and post them up.

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/3690/dscf00466mj.th.jpg

KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers Puff. Hope your'e right. Can anyone suggets how i would check the operaiton of the actuator? I mean it should be ok, its only got like 70,000km on it. Will be speaking to the person who did the conversion so maybe there is a wiring related reason for the lack of boost.

PS: your motor is pure horn!

PPS: wait till u see what i did with your vent!! Cool
da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Thu, 11 August 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Farva

what Gt4 did u look at?

have u seen the one on carsales.com getting sold buy Nao or something like that thats who I bought mine off.
the one for sale is 6500 needs a bit of work to get complied to add another 1500 onto that then rego.

Andrew
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Puffy that cam cover is uber bling!
Do you need sunglasses to work on the car? Very Happy
farva
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_foles,i was looking at the grey one without number plates

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2299327&current_r ec=4&used_rec=3&total_rec=7&sort_type= &total_rec=7&sort_type=&price_min=1000 0&price_max=30000&make_id=8&model_id=3 1&keyword=GT4&state_id=4&search_distan ce=25

thats the car. but its sold. can u link the one for 6.5k?

i'm looking at another one, but it needs new tires, and a new clutch. the seller has included the price of replacing these into the car, but will reduce the price without replacing.

if i was to rebuild the entire engine, with new clutch, maybe light mods, doing most of the labour with the help of my dad, what cost am i looking at? cheers.
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all,

Im just wondering if anyone knows the best place to get a metal head gasket for a 185? Is the 205 standard HG from toyota a metal one, and would it fit?

Or can someone recommend a good aftermarket one? better yet, does anyone have one for sale?? Very Happy
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Kyoto,
It will not be a wiring issue mate. Is your cat old because the turbo should be fine if its only got 70k on it. I suggest you unbolt the cat and go for a quick lap around the block and see what happens. If it boosts normally then thats your answer. If the problem is still there then its the wastegate.

Toobs..... Laughing I keep the bling under the bonnet so not to blind others.

Cant have a bling engine without a bling gearbox Cool

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/5499/dscf00367wq.th.jpg
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers again Puff. Its running a stock 205 system but with a 2.5" cat back exhaust. I have my old Aussie DP waiting to go on. I reckon it might be the primary cat then. Its coming out when my girlfriend goes OS in a month and i can drive our other car round.

As for the MHG question im 99% sure you can't use 205 head gaskets on 165/185s because the cooling passages would be different. Greenline would be your best bet if ordering over the net but i have a feeling BD4s in Sydney are HKS stockists, try them for a price. Greenline is often cheaper though and if they're not try Perfectrun.

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn anhar - ydo you expect to drive that car or just leave it clean for ever Smile

My monster donk is already grotty - lol - even with its minimal use !

though i SERIOUSLY ahve to do something about tidying up the wires and hoses - im welcome to suggestions here

Also that short accel.cable mod ? thoughts ?
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Fri, 12 August 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys, I haven't posted on this thread for a while, but I wanted to let you know I found another ST205 (Aust. homologated) on the M4 this evening... plates "GTF-076" so I'm guessing this is #76 of the 77 that were brought into Australia in 1994. Wink
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 13 August 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puffy wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 18:59

Cant have a bling engine without a bling gearbox Cool

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/5499/dscf00367wq.th.jpg

Bloody hell... how long did it take you to polish the gearbox and cam cover?
Did you just use a dremel + autosol or something a bit more industrial?
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 13 August 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cam cover was not too bad as the buffer wheels did most of the work. I realised that with the heat of a 3sgte that this keeps on tarnishing. Couldnt be bothered removing the cover just to polish it every 2 weeks so ended up chroming it. To chrome alloy you need to polish it to a chrome finish or the plates will not hold (pain in the ASS!)

The gearbox took about 5 hours which included cleaning all the crap off it first. Then was wet n dry followed by grade 2 polish stick with the dremel and a quick rub down with Mothers.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 13 August 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought you guys might like to know, there are 3 ST185 half cuts for sale on ebay at the moment, all located in Geelong VIC. Also a polished ST185 Group A W2A IC, but the actual cooler only.
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Sat, 13 August 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Far out that seller has a lot of half cuts!

Engine looks great Puffy, how many horsies are you expecting to pull from it?

I got some Gravel stage TRD struts in the front of the car. OMG!!!! they are incredible!! Just temp till the Tein super streets arrive. They are amazing. Just wish i had the rear two as well...

and stu, regardin that short accelerator, check out:
http://www.celicagtfour.com/short_throttle_cable.h tm
Just incase you havent seen it yet or somethin.

Very Happy
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Puffy wrote on Sat, 13 August 2005 12:57

Cam cover was not too bad as the buffer wheels did most of the work. I realised that with the heat of a 3sgte that this keeps on tarnishing. Couldnt be bothered removing the cover just to polish it every 2 weeks so ended up chroming it. To chrome alloy you need to polish it to a chrome finish or the plates will not hold (pain in the ASS!)

The gearbox took about 5 hours which included cleaning all the crap off it first. Then was wet n dry followed by grade 2 polish stick with the dremel and a quick rub down with Mothers.

very nice puffy

you are the king of bling Razz

cheers Very Happy
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 12:57

And yes the engine bay looks horrible

ill get more pics of the braces i made when the car comes back

Ayone here done a short throttle cable mod ?

stu

didn't shorten my cable - re ran it down the left side of
engine bay
it looks alot neater than the standard way they run

cheers Very Happy

http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/5298/dsc004221vk.th.jpg
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your enhine bay looks a million times neater than mine ..

no fair !

Any chance of emailing me a few other pics troy - to see where i can make some improvements on the mess i have ?its amazing what a little colour can do though i can see half my mess revolves around the catch can and fuse box placing - i have to change this in time - and wekll , the turbo will be pointed down when that eventually happens -

Stupid bills stopped that happening this year - least now i should have replaced everything that the previous owners mechanic ever placed hands on

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 02:39]

da_foles
Regular

August 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its an engine bay, who cares what it looks like

as long as it goes hard. unless you want a show car why bother spending and wasting the time on making the bay look all rice eater..

1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_foles wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 12:57

as long as it goes hard. unless you want a show car why bother spending and wasting the time on making the bay look all rice eater..

what if you've got enough money and time to do both Rolling Eyes
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd like to have a cool looking engine bay.
i spent 3k on a rebuilt motor but had to use my stinky old rocker cover which makes it look like i;ve done nothing to it lol. in the end its not going to change anything performance wise, so it doesnt matter, to me anyway.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not to mention when there is shit everywhere its about a thousand times harder to get to things and work on stuff in your engine bay.....
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
da_foles wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 12:57

Love my freind...its a beautiful thing. Very Happy

Rice.. Rolling Eyes ...as if dude.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: GT4 owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Why do I bother keeping my engine bay so clean its because I actually work on my car Rolling Eyes

Pages (23): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all
Next Topic:wolf 3d V4....how much are they?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:36:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010586977005005 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.