Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Thu, 28 July 2005 01:33 Go to next message
On the Sunday 25th! Meeting at perhaps the heidelberg location, Cruise on down to a go kart track, cruise back and re-group at the heidelberg location to meet up with people (who can't make the go-karting) for bbq? What do ya reckon. That should be enough time to get some more people involved, cars have some work done, parts gathered for sale/swap. Lets make this a big one! We need some threads posted at cccv(nickel). Thanks. Let me know what you guys reckon...
  Send a private message to this user    
LTJET
Regular

July 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Thu, 28 July 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there for sure. Very Happy I'll definately take the day off for this one. Razz
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Thu, 28 July 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Planning the next one already are ya? Razz Maybe another venue for the next meet might be an idea. We might have attracted some undue attention from the last meet after most people left... so yeah Confused
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Thu, 28 July 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair enough - Well, what's the undercovered site around the corner? Nickel....?
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 29 July 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure, i'll get the Celica Club in on this one...at least it gives us plenty of time to get organised. I'll get some threads up, send some emails around, SMS people and get some ads in the paper.

That location was good, I am sure the old lady who complained won't be there in a couple of months. Lets get a location organised so we can advertise it.

Everyone have a look around your local area for some good locations...in the meantime, start working on those rides!

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 29 July 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, a change of venue is probably a good idea though. Some variation, and it would give some people more excuse to go to one if its closer to their area (if that makes sense - personally it doesn't bother me where its held). Maybe somewhere on the Western side this time? If we can find a BBQ area that isn't covered by syringes and such...
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 29 July 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol- Agreed. I'll keep an eye out for another nice spot. I didn't mind the other location, but some variation would be good too. What do you think about go karting or something first then a cruise to a set location for a bbq though?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 29 July 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the idea. If we can get enough people, maybe there is a discount on the karting?

Quote:

in the meantime, start working on those rides!

Who want's to donate to the 'Make Yian's car faster appeal"? Razz
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 29 July 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can give it some new colour! I think I have some markers around somewhere. Laughing
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 29 July 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karting sounds like a good idea, but maybe it'd be better if we had that after the meet and the BBQ? Some people won't want to come along, and by that time when we've finished and cruised to a location, the afternoon will be getting on...not the best time to start a meet in this colder style weather.

A bit of variation would be good, i'll donate a prize to someone who can come up with an awesome location!
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 29 July 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deal! Can the prize be your car? Razz
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 29 July 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shelldrake wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 23:31

deal! Can the prize be your car? Razz

I'll settle for his rims Razz If indeed its his car with the Simmons b45s
MarioM
Regular

January 2005
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Sat, 30 July 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha ha hey i told nickel i had first dibs on his wheels Very Happy
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Mon, 01 August 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everyone loves those wheels...hehe Smile
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Mon, 01 August 2005 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want to meet the chiq walking her dog at the previous location Confused
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 12 August 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm I might come along, ill see if i can get a passenger...

Kev.
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Mon, 15 August 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about we have the meet at Lorimer Street again?

I can organise a portable barbeque and gas, so cooking won't be a problem. Hopefully the weather is alright for the outdoors...

What do you think guys? I'd like to get a confirmed location for the e-mails, etc. It's a good location, close to the go-kart place and the barbeque can be arranged...

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Mon, 15 August 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where's this Lorimer Street?
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Mon, 15 August 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Port Melbourne. We've met at Pier 35 in the past...
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Mon, 15 August 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah coolies. No wonder the name sounds vaguely familiar... Sounds great Smile
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Mon, 15 August 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a plan Andy. So if we make the meet at around 11am? Pipe up the bbq and get some snags going. Then in the arvo around 2 or 3 well head out to the go kart track?
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Tue, 16 August 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright then, great!

Yeah, meet at about 11am....maybe cruise to the karting a bit later, i'll try and make a booking. Obviously we don't have numbers yet, but I think they have a maximum of 8 or 10 karts on the track at any one time.

More to come people!
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Wed, 17 August 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eh, I might come along....

Such a lack of toyota I will have though...
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Wed, 17 August 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOOKIN GOOD!
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Wed, 17 August 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright, it's settled!

I'll start getting to work....I just lost my job yesterday, so I will have plenty of time soon!
TRD-GTI
Regular

May 2005
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Wed, 17 August 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm port melb nice and close for me I will come along.

also go-karting has to be a go'er Very Happy fucken great fun
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Thu, 18 August 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i have a huge ass forester fujitsubo muffler, a turbo timer, and a stewart waarner a/f ratio gauge. any interest??
LTJET
Regular

July 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Thu, 18 August 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much you want for the a/f ratio gauge and the turbo timer champ? Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2005 08:24]

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 19 August 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a/f ratio $110-120, cant remember how much i got it for

T timer $65

this are all brand new. got it for my car and decided i cant be bothered wiring it up etc
LTJET
Regular

July 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 19 August 2005 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your coming to this meet bring them along. I'll definately take the turbo timer and most likely buy the a/f gauge. Very Happy
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 19 August 2005 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries. however yian did mention some interest in the turbo timer. if anything both of u can start bidding and ill be more than happy Very Happy
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Wed, 24 August 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If everything goes to plan (which things usually dont), I'll be there in my 4AGE powered KE70...

Kev.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Thu, 01 September 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i feel the need for bump...

Where's all that enthusiasm that was at the meet I organized a coupla months ago... Spread the word around, make it big, you have your orders, move out... ahaha.

Cheers,
Kev.
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Thu, 01 September 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems so far away. But have no fear Kev, I'm sure people a runnin' round making their rides nice and shiny. Probably faster too. Very Happy
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Thu, 01 September 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah yeah spose.

Lol too much bragging, edited out 'yo Razz

More confirmations comin...

Kev.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 September 2005 23:15]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Thu, 01 September 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shelldrake wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 15:48

It seems so far away. But have no fear Kev, I'm sure people a runnin' round making their rides nice and shiny. Probably faster too. Very Happy

I got new tyres. Does that count? Razz
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Thu, 01 September 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope i can take a car thats fun to drive this time Wink booooo 4wdwagoness

oh yea remind me to bring those ma61 stuff!
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Thu, 01 September 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got rid of those crappy wheels I had on my car and traded them for some sick 14" Corona steelies....they look so much better!

....if I get time, i'll rip out the twin-cam and go back to the stock 2T for some more power!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 02 September 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-NiCkeL- wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 09:08

I got rid of those crappy wheels I had on my car and traded them for some sick 14" Corona steelies....they look so much better!

....if I get time, i'll rip out the twin-cam and go back to the stock 2T for some more power!

You are joking arent you? About them wheels?
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 02 September 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone notify Huy and Jase and the rest about this somehow?

Kev.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 02 September 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n here

im not going without them so they will most definately be there Wink
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 02 September 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piss off ben Laughing

dont want any of ur flames Razz Laughing

i'll be there mate Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 02 September 2005 14:48]

-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Sat, 03 September 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll put them back on after it goes to Calder... Very Happy
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Sun, 04 September 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-NiCkeL- wrote on Sun, 04 September 2005 08:32

I'll put them back on after it goes to Calder... Very Happy

Good Razz Coz last time I saw them I was half tempted to try them on my car Surprised
1ZZFEWagon
Regular

August 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Mon, 05 September 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-NiCkeL- wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 12:05

How about we have the meet at Lorimer Street again?

I can organise a portable barbeque and gas, so cooking won't be a problem. Hopefully the weather is alright for the outdoors...

What do you think guys? I'd like to get a confirmed location for the e-mails, etc. It's a good location, close to the go-kart place and the barbeque can be arranged...

lorimer st sounds GOOD!!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Mon, 05 September 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seeing how i go on this one - hopefully the gt4 might be ready for an appearance ..

but one thing .. if i see that orange oldschool celica that nearly ran me off the road at the last pier meet ... i expect an apology

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Mon, 05 September 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Mon, 05 September 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Orange old school celica? .....

How orange?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Mon, 05 September 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was burnt orange - i think .. not 100 % sure if iut was a ta22 or a ra23 as i was swerving from having a head on at the time ..

wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Mon, 05 September 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

lol
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Tue, 06 September 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rheallyy..... Station peer was it?
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Tue, 06 September 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know who it is but i wont name names.........lol

forget about it man

its past Smile

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Tue, 06 September 2005 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wolverine wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 23:30

forget about it man

its past Smile

ur avatar car looks orange Rolling Eyes
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Wed, 07 September 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well - let the person know when you see them - if i see ANYTHING like that again - not only will i report them to the police - I will have thier names , car , and licences plastered over every toyota forum i know with a big " watch out this guy is suicidal " message attached to the pictures, so others can be wary of him , or her

What he , or she did was extremely irresponsible - and could have turned out very messy if it wasnt for the fact that ma61's have excellent brakes and i had run off space to the side - the Driver should learn from his actions and pull his head in - it gives meets for clubs and other celica owners bad names.

Anyway looks as if i might not be able to attend - but we'll see ..

stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Wed, 07 September 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
glad it wasn't who I thought it was then.
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Wed, 07 September 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as kev said, if all goes to plan then ill be there

but my plan was to get my things done 7months ago, so lets just pretend i never made this post and assume my car will be still dead on the 25th Smile
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Wed, 07 September 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 02:57

wolverine wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 23:30

forget about it man

its past Smile

ur avatar car looks orange Rolling Eyes

well mine is actually called tiger mica

not exactly orange but i know which car his talking about

coz there was that orange car there and mine and another one with exactly the same paintjob as mine(who came late) but he had a 1G single turbo on his (im jealous)........hehehe

but yeah i agree that people should be carefull outhere
i would tell this guy to be carefull but i dont really know him
i met him that day too but yeah

take it easy and dont be such a cry baby.............jokes Laughing
LTJET
Regular

July 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Fri, 09 September 2005 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm the jet will be in the hanger for this cruise. Rolling Eyes My patrol will be making an appearence though. Not exactly a toyota but yeah at least ill be around. Sorry guys have to bring a nissan this time. That or rock up in a vl turbo. Laughing Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 09 September 2005 17:29]

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Sat, 10 September 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Choony_AE86 wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 13:52

but my plan was to get my things done 7months ago, so lets just pretend i never made this post and assume my car will be still dead on the 25th Smile

Lol... Well mine will be up and running whether the bastard wants to run or not, lol I'm even further than you are in your conversion chooney, I actually have a 4age in the engine bay Shocked hahahah...

Kev.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Sunday 25th Sept.-Next toyota meet/parts swap/cruise Sat, 10 September 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Phrostbyte wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 09:24

Choony_AE86 wrote on Wed, 07 September 2005 13:52

Lol... Well mine will be up and running whether the bastard wants to run or not, lol I'm even further than you are in your conversion chooney, I actually have a 4age in the engine bay Shocked hahahah...

Kev.

engine mount problem i hear?? Rolling Eyes
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:weigh bridge in melbourne???
Next Topic:Dyno Day - 10th September - Beninca Dyno
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:00:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012639999389648 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.