Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Fri, 19 August 2005 08:20 Go to next message
I thought i'd start a new thread with the details of the meet...hope you guys don't mind!! I just cut and pasted what I posted on our fourms..

Hey everyone, the next Classic Celica meet details are as follows:

Date: Sunday 25th September 2005

Time: 11:00am

Melways ref: Map 42, D11.

At the east end of Lorimer street, opposite 'Boeing Hawker de Havilland'. There is plenty of parking along side the Yarra - hopefully they will be empty.

These are the same meeting place details as some previous meets.

I am bringing along a portable gas barbeque, so please bring down some food to cook. At this stage it'll be BYO, but the barbeque and utensils will be avaliable.

Note: Everyone is welcome to attend, even if they dont own a Celica or Toyota... The more the merrier, and it should be a fun day.. hopefully the weather holds out.

We'll be holding this in conjunction with the Toymods members as part of a larger Celica/Toyota meet like last time, we had a great turnout! Bring along any parts for sale or to trade also..

Look forward to catching up with as many of you as possible on the 25th of September!!

Phone details - 0413-889-068

E-mail - nickel@alphalink.com.au

Website - http://cccvic.cjb.net (Contact details are avaliable there, too)
  Send a private message to this user    
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Thu, 15 September 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm finding out some prices for karting soon - Lets make an official listing of those interested.
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Thu, 15 September 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got some prices for go karting as the i'm organising a session the same day at 4pm for a uni club. basically it will be $1 a lap, but it must be either the 30,40 or 60 lap package. bookings will be required with 50% deposit reqd on date of booking. i'd reccommend that we book as the place might get full.

what time would the go karting be? i'll be there for the whole day for sure Very Happy
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Thu, 15 September 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok cool. Well, I reckon 40 laps would be good. We'll make it 3.00pm for the Karting. That should be perfect if we're meeting at 11 am for a bbq and meet beforehand. We'd better get sorted pretty quickly I guess!!!
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sat, 17 September 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I won't be able to make it. Sorry Andrew. The boss is going on holidays so I'll have to cover some of his shifts for him. Plus...my cars not ready yet Sad
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sat, 17 September 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nevermind dude, make sure you come down to the next meet!

How are we going for interest? What about 2 X 20 lap races?
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sat, 17 September 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a plan. You know I'm in! Wink
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 18 September 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah looks as though I might not be there either, unless a miracle happens and I all of a sudden get a whole bunch of parts that is...

Oh well... next time...

Kev.
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 18 September 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a short radio interview this afternoon from 94.7 Pulse FM asking about next weekends meet...did anyone hear it?

It was on some Motorsport program they have every Sunday afternoon from 4-6pm. Does anyone know anything about it? Did anyone hear the interview?

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 18 September 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well tell us AFTER it's been on air why don't you? Razz Nah, didn't catch it...

But will most likely be coming to the BBQ + go karts.

1 question though, does the meetup place have any tables or anything like that? Don't need chairs, but if there are no tables, might be an idea to bring some fold-able tables for the drinks/snags etc...
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 18 September 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They only gave me 20 minutes notice before they put me on air!

I'm trying to score a portable BBQ...I have several fold-out tables I could bring along, depending on how much space I have in the Celica! hehe

I think I might bring two cars, one with the BBQ and the table and the other with me! Does someone have a tow-rope I could borrow to save on fuel? lol
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 18 September 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i ask who's interested in the Go karts? You dont need to book the track, however it would be ideal as it guarantees you a position on the day. Shelldrake i'm heading down there tomorrow, is there anything you want me to ask them for you?

Cheers
Huy
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Mon, 19 September 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put me down for two (me and a mate). I think we had about 6 definates, didn't we?

I'll probably only race in one of the races if we decide to go for 2 X 20 lap races though..
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Mon, 19 September 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The uni event i'm running starts at 4pm, and they have requested that we come early 30 min. i've booked it for 20 people which will be for 30 laps each. the session i have booked runs as follows:

20 people total
divided into 2 groups
Each group races on the track for the full 30 laps.
Each session (10ppl x 30 laps) lasts for 25 mins.

i've paid up for 20 people already, and currently have 13 people already signed up from uni for the day.

If the toymods people want to have do some go karting after the barbeque, could we get final numbers, times that would be best available, and who will make deposits.

for the uni event i've organised, i can take up to 8 extra people on the day, so if worse come to worst, and not many people from toymods wish to partake, then you are welcome to join my uni event, pending availabilities.

Cheers
Huy
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Mon, 19 September 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much is it? I wanna go go-karting...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Mon, 19 September 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant come - Im currently all toyota less

GT4 is in the shop , Supra nowew has dead headgasket version 2 ( the under warranty edition )

So ! No car - Hooray
Testa_Dura
Regular

January 2004

Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Mon, 19 September 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hopefully i will be able to make it to this one, and fingers crossed it will be in a celica. The last two sundays were spent putting it back together so fingers crossed it all comes together nicely Smile
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Mon, 19 September 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pricing: $1 per lap, in either 30, 40 or 60 lap configuration
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Mon, 19 September 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put me down for 2 people X 30 laps. Can we get a list going?
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Mon, 19 September 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GO KARTING

Arrive: 3:30pm
Start: 4:00pm
Cost: $30 ($1/lap)

50 Salmon Street, Port Melbourne, Australia 3207

List of Attendees:
1-16: taken by university Club
17.Nickel
18.Nickel's mate
19.Yian
20.shelldrake
21.His hardcore competitive girlfriend Alex
22.Shraka
23.Wolverine
24.Leo(rthy)
25.Wanted86
26.Wanted's cousin
27.Leo's mate
28.laserboy
-end-

depending on replies from this thread i'll see if i can arrange more spots

[Updated on: Sat, 24 September 2005 14:03]

shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Mon, 19 September 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
17.shelldrake
18.His hardcore competitive girlfriend Alex
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Mon, 19 September 2005 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goody Smile Will she be cooking this time again? Razz
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Mon, 19 September 2005 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perhaps...She did a good job last time. I hope that doesn't get me in trouble.(Sometimes she's on toymods) Very Happy
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Tue, 20 September 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks all positive to have my car available for this one, seeing as it's now all back together, so I + Testa_Dura should be there...

Lorimer St, 25th Sept - 11am yeah?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Tue, 20 September 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 11:41

Looks all positive to have my car available for this one, seeing as it's now all back together, so I + Testa_Dura should be there...

Lorimer St, 25th Sept - 11am yeah?

Yay! Surprised
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Tue, 20 September 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
19.Shraka

Do I need some kinda go-karting licence or something?
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Tue, 20 September 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah you dont need a license, just make sure you get there at 3:30pm for a briefing etc...

Cheers
Huy
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Tue, 20 September 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
20. Wolverine Razz
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Tue, 20 September 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
21. leo
i just hope toyospares dont have anymore HIDDEN surprises Rolling Eyes
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Thu, 22 September 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
General Laughing
Briefing goes for about 30 seconds.
Explains the two colors of lights.
Explains when they flag you get off the track.

It might take u a while to get those people through in 10 second rounds. People attending should expect to wait around or be free for the next following 2 - 3 hours at least.

Even if it is warm of tempting to take off your coat. Do not do so. U will end up with bruised shoulders and aching chode.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Thu, 22 September 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many karts can be one at any give time?
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Thu, 22 September 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno, i was just told that we should come early Confused

rthy: there shall be 2 groups, pretty much, one group will be the uni ppl, the other group will be toymods.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Fri, 23 September 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 19:25

21. leo
i just hope toyospares dont have anymore HIDDEN surprises Rolling Eyes

u also get boned??
man, all i wanted them to do was wire up my new 20v, (all the mechanicals where done by a v good mate who is a mechanic) and it came out with grease spewing all over the exhaust pipe... im like WTF!!! they said it is a crack in the drive shaft hub. so now im wondering how the hell that happened.

i hate extras.

anyways. i would love to attend, but the car wont b back on the road till tues(getting timing belf changed and the termostat is stuck open).. and then need to get a rwc done on wed.
oz_eight6
Regular

May 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Fri, 23 September 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
habibdori is down for bbq. hope you dont mind me bringing a nissan as my 86 is still working hard as a garden knome.
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Fri, 23 September 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hopefully we'll have a big turnout on Sunday!

Eddie - Make sure she's there early, i'll make sure i'm there before to set up the BBQ so we've got some food for lunch! hehehe Very Happy
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Fri, 23 September 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much boost am I allowed to run on the day?
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Fri, 23 September 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll do what I can man - At the moment though, it's lookin' like we'll be there around luch time as I've got to do a few other things in the morning(I get back from cairns around the 10am mark so....Yeah - I'll do my best.
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Fri, 23 September 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll probably be there too for once!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Fri, 23 September 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Fri, 23 September 2005 17:21

How much boost am I allowed to run on the day?

Not too much Daniel.. we might need some gas for the BBQ Razz

*runs for cover*
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Fri, 23 September 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add me in add me in!!! Very Happy
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Fri, 23 September 2005 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go karting for bragging rights ay?? Rolling Eyes
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sat, 24 September 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's plenty of gas to go around for all of us.. Wink

That's if I can figure out why the fuel gauge doesn't work anymore....
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sat, 24 September 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll take the last position.......for bragging rights....hehehe
laserboy
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sat, 24 September 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in pos either im driving with rthy and wanted86
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sat, 24 September 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a chinese cousin of mine is also interested.. Smile
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sat, 24 September 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anymore space? i got a friend who wouldn't mind a spot also...

and what about kev... is ur kert70 ready yet Rolling Eyes
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sat, 24 September 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kev? can you make it? i dont think he's finished the conversion yet

Leo and Wanted, ur friend/cousin have been put on the list.

laserboy i assume you want to come to the go cart aswell?

Cheers
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sat, 24 September 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kool Smile
LTJET
Regular

July 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sat, 24 September 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ridding along on a push bike honey..... ummm.... errr.... I'll be there in my 4x4 or my mates full sik vl calais turbo. Very Happy
Won't make the karting though as i'm quite broke now. lol
See you guys there! Should be a good day! looking forward to it Very Happy
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sat, 24 September 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuckin awesome day!! Might actually wash my car before a meet for once ey? Don't think I could be fucked waxing it though *just finished a graveyard shift*
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 25 September 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah seeing as its such a nice day I will be there with my little brother.

Jezza
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 25 September 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^

you're late!!!! Mad Mad

ok im leaving now Razz
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 25 September 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any pics anyone??
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 25 September 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, thanks to everyone who attended! I didn't do a proper count, but I think we had 17 Classic Celicas attend throughout the day, and about 12 other toymods people.

Pics are on their way!
LTJET
Regular

July 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 25 September 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great day. Awesome weather and my mate got to show off his vl so he is rapt. lol Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 25 September 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great meet! I got some pics but my computer doesn't work properly so I can't upload them.

But here's the results from the first 30 laps of the go-Karting (btw: go-karting = teh win!)

Pos	Name	laps	Diff	Best Lap	Avg
1.	Emilio	34	0	29.489	33.91
2.	Eddie	33	1 lap	30.352	34.98
3.	Yian 	33	1 lap	29.336	34.56
4.	Nickel	33	1 lap	29.376	34.09
5.	Habib	33	1 lap	30.791	35.07
6.	George	32	2 Laps	30.081	35.65
7.	Andrew	31	3 Laps	30.289	37.16
8.	Shane	31	3 Laps	30.853	36.41
9.	Johannas	30	4 Laps	30.117	36.99
10.	Nimrod	30	4 Laps	30.150	38.70

Yees, I sucked and came last. Sad Took me a while to get into it. That thing is scary at full throttle if you're not used to it. Shocked Especial with no front breaks. Very Happy

P.S. I dunno where they pulled those averages from... *shrug*

[Updated on: Sun, 25 September 2005 10:53]

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 25 September 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ltjet, u suppose to check out my turbo timer!!!
im the dude with blue sprinter
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 25 September 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 25 September 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great day Very Happy
bloody tired Confused
dont care anyway Very Happy

Twas a very good meet, a lot of nice Classic Celicas, and some fun at the end with the non celica guys Wink

Thanks to Nickel for organising the bbq/meet and for bringing the bbq. had fun, and Go cart was awesome, tho i'm going to feel a tad buggered tomorrow at work Laughing Laughing

i'll post up the times of my group tomorrow, too buggered right now.

Cheers
Huy
LTJET
Regular

July 2004
Re: Classic Celica/Toyota Meet - 25th September 2005 @ 11am Sun, 25 September 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oops! Sorry dude i completely forgot! Confused
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ATTN MArk 3 Supra owners
Next Topic:Calder drift twilight practice night, 28th Sept
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:08:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084249973297119 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.