Toymods » General Car Talk » Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Evan_26
Regular

April 2003
Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear Mon, 14 April 2003 08:03 Go to next message

Just for interest does anybody have any info about the new carolla rally car running the celica GT4 4wd system and i assume 3s-gte ?

I am really wondering just how much chassis work would be needed for such a conversion.

E
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear Mon, 14 April 2003 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in two words - shit loads Wink

its a custom fabrication .. you can aways try to contact neal bates racing direct and ask Wink but expect a BIG figure

running gear was from his old '99 st205 WRC car ..
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear Mon, 14 April 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's good to see Toyota moving it's new cars out of the show room by sticking one of it's old cars under it's skin - that is win on Sunday and sell on Monday....mmmmmmm......... Rolling Eyes
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear Mon, 14 April 2003 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah as well as the supposed IS200 neil bates took in the targa tasmania that funnily enough sounded like a 4cylinder hmmm... Rolling Eyes *cough* 3S-GE *cough*
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear Mon, 14 April 2003 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this only proves that toyotas current lineup has no balls - they have to BACKDATE to get decent motors and drivetrains ..

the ultimate celica " current shape " was aloso a one off item with 205 GT4 running gear - it REALLY hauled tail and actually was a very nice looking car ..

pity they never made it - and probably wont cause the yankees dont like turbos and we all know they aint building for the jap market anymore - the US dollar owns them AND honda
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear Mon, 14 April 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sad but true Sad
Evan_26
Regular

April 2003
Re: Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear Mon, 14 April 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes it is a pity the current line up is short.
I grew up driveing rwd and then got hooked on skylines and GT-R's having owned an R33 and an R34 but my current fast car is an evo6 with not a lot in the way of performance mods just a heap spent on handling and lighter weight.

Dont worry i wasn;t even going to contemplate building on of Neil's carolla's, way way to much work, i just found out flicking through wheels or something at the checkout tonight something like 1400 hrs to build it !

E
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear Mon, 14 April 2003 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it's all actually due to Toyota pulling out of rally to concentrate on F1.
This meant that there is no factory rally car out there. That's why Neil Bates had to custom fab the Rolla.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear Tue, 15 April 2003 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark, you are correct, but i also have it on good authority that Toyota are still helping Neil Bates out with cash flow for the build up and maintenance
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear Tue, 15 April 2003 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GEE120 wrote on Tue, 15 April 2003 11:50

Nark, you are correct, but i also have it on good authority that Toyota are still helping Neil Bates out with cash flow for the build up and maintenance

Essentially they are still a factory team, as most of thier funding and a lot of the tech is coming from Toyota Australia.
Its just that Toyota Japan isnt involved anymore like they were a few years back.
4x420v
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear Tue, 15 April 2003 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who needs GT4 running gear?? all i need is a turbo!! and maybe get rid of 200kgs!!!
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear Thu, 17 April 2003 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well at the end of the year, you could buy one to the tune of $120K, Shocked all you need is a CAMS National Rally license and the $120K Very Happy !!
babbetc
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Carolla rally car with GT4 running gear Sat, 19 April 2003 04:00 Go to previous message
check out: http://rally.toyota.com.au/rally/home/0,,,00.html

even has a time lapse camera section showing the building of the car.

This is the stuff my dreams are made of.

Tim Babbe
Member #6
www.rollaboyz.org.au
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Good for a bit of a laugh :)
Next Topic:Victorian Toyota meet pics
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 03:53:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056970119476318 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.