Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Wanted: Oil Cooler Wed, 09 April 2003 06:00 Go to next message
An oil cooler to suit my 1JZ-GTE. But anything similar will do. A kit would be a bonus. Otherwise, anyone have any ideas or know of any second hand for sale?
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Thu, 10 April 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have two available, email me directly to ifitsuits@hotmail.com, if you're interested?!
Clint!
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Thu, 10 April 2003 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also have one. Quite a good size. Let me kow if you are interested, and I will measure it for you.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Thu, 10 April 2003 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are these things specific to car/engine, or are they like a tranny cooler (ie. suitable for most applications). If the latter, I may be interested in 1 for the 1UZ...PM me with pics and details.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Thu, 10 April 2003 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any oil clloer can be used on nearly any car. Size of the piping may make a diffrernce though. Pics and dimensions of mine will be posted later
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Thu, 10 April 2003 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well...Get on with it, then! Very Happy

Seriously though, I am in a position to "get stuck into" fitting one, as my car runs a remote filter so, as I see it, I could re-route the feed line to the filter thru the cooler and then run the return line from the cooler into the feed on the filter...
(Or, put another way, I'm afforded some flexibility Razz )
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Thu, 10 April 2003 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biased99 wrote on Thu, 10 April 2003 18:44

I could re-route the feed line to the filter thru the cooler and then run the return line from the cooler into the feed on the filter...

only if you intend to run i high pressure oil cooler, and have custom high pressure lines and fitting made...

most oil coolers are low pressure, bypass type coolers...

that said, i too eargerly await dimensions of said available oil cooler Smile

ed
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Sun, 13 April 2003 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually have 2 spare oil coolers, but I can only find one (the smaller one)
dimensions....
280mm wide X 100mm high X 20mm thick

$25. plus freight. I will post anywhere. Postage will be about $5 anywhere in australia.

http://kristian.freewebspace.com/images/oil_cooler.jpg
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Sun, 13 April 2003 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry guys, cant find my larger oil cooler....
must be somewhere in the garage !!
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Sun, 13 April 2003 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
find the larger one man!!

hehehe
ed
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Sun, 13 April 2003 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the pictured oil cooler may be a low pressure/flow type as indicated by simple push on fittings. I have a couple of spare coolers of similar size, but with thread on fittings. $50 + post if you are interested. most common aftermarket coolers are made in UK or europe. they have a standard 280mm width and capacity is indicated by the number of vertical rows, eg 10, 13, 16, 20. 10 or 13 row coolers are all that is needed for road/sprint use cars. we use 16 & 20 row in our race cars.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Mon, 14 April 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine says mage in canada.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Mon, 14 April 2003 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Supra Man, I'd be up for that smaller one.
Hopefully ther'll be a cruise soon where I'll be able to get it off you, otherwise postage might be the go.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Mon, 14 April 2003 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigWorm---->
I come down to Sydney about once a month, or I can give it to one of my mates who works at Auburn (Paramatta Rd), and you could pick it up there. He would have it there by Wednesday or Thursday.

Or, I'll see you at another Toymods event. Just let me know what you would like to do.

I'll keep looking for the larger one I have hanging around somewhere.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Mon, 14 April 2003 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still interested in purchasing a second hand oil cooler, however, it will have to be of the screw type fittings and i'll have to wait until i get my car back to determine where i can put it.

Give me a couple weeks and i'll ask again if you guys still have any coolers that are almost perfectly straight and medium to large.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Mon, 14 April 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, how would I tap it into the oil suppply and what fittings would i need? Im a bit stumped to where i would buy the braided hoses that would fit a different size cooler to the 1JZ. Know of anyone who can fit it for me, or if anyone has instructions on doing so.
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Sun, 20 April 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a standard mazda rotary one. will be cheap at any decent rotary shop and they are super efficient!

ab
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wanted: Oil Cooler Sun, 20 April 2003 21:55 Go to previous message
Thanks mate!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:looking for 4EFTE 1.3l Starlet Turbo engine
Next Topic:15 or 16 inch rims
Goto Forum: