Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
LOW11S
Newcomer

June 2002
This Car Club Thu, 20 June 2002 08:34 Go to next message
Dudes... I want to say that i'm new to internet forums and stuff. I've read a few and i like this one. Seems to be lots of guys who know what they are on about. I'm so sick of forums with heaps of dickheads who can't even change their own oil.

Looks like noone would bite at my invite to some runs. But anyhow, keep up the good work. If i had a Toyota i would join your club. I get my hands dirty, can't stand wankers who don't.

Peter
  Send a private message to this user  
LOW11S
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: This Car Club Thu, 20 June 2002 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh one other thing, if you are a wanker who is only on here as a gunna or a wanna, you are on the wrong forums i rekon. I'm gonna gell all my coasty mates about this. They can't stand dick pullers though.
ytri
Regular

June 2002
Re: This Car Club Thu, 20 June 2002 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What kind of car you drive?
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Thu, 20 June 2002 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let's just hope your head isn't so far up your arse that you consider yourself above helping others that may SEEM to be dick wankers to yourself.

EG: Sure I can change oil, I also reckon everyone should be able to do that, but I hope with some stuff I ask doesn't seem too newbie to be laughed at.

That's why I like it here. Most times I get a straight answer no matter what I ask.
LOW11S
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: This Car Club Thu, 20 June 2002 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i have no problem with guys that need some help. Its all the wankers that say i'm gunna, and i wanna but never get off their arses to do it. pisses me right off.
So far most of the people in the club look like they do that.
But its the young wankers that think that putting a big exhaust on a car and putting your seat back makes you cool, open your eyes! peter
Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  Re: This Car Club Thu, 20 June 2002 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well LOW11S,

I am sooooooo glad that we do not have too many people in our car club like you. Most of them have a better understanding of the english language than to use the immature and childish terms you have. No No No

It was nice of you to praise our club, but in respect to the language that you use could you please tone it down, it is a public forum and not just "w#nkers & d*ck pullers" read these posts.

Having said that, after a very lengthy conversation on Tuesday with the North Coast Central Area Commander of the NSW Police Force, (I was talking to him regarding Toymods hosting some charity events), I am sure he would be very interested in the threads that contain your reference to the having runs on Public Roads. I know that he was going to look at our website, as he was very impressed with what we have achieved. I just hope for the sake of the club - and the almost hour long conversation with this policeman, that your comments do not have a detrimental effect on the support that the NSW Police Force was going to offer Toymods. Nope

Sorry for the rant - but LOW11S maybe you should think before you type.

Cya

[Updated on: Thu, 20 June 2002 21:11]

Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Thu, 20 June 2002 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I get my hands dirty, can't stand wankers who don't.

Ummmm no comment.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Thu, 20 June 2002 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOW11S wrote on Thu, 20 June 2002 11:00 PM

man i have no problem with guys that need some help. Its all the wankers that say i'm gunna, and i wanna but never get off their arses to do it. pisses me right off.
So far most of the people in the club look like they do that.

By that you are saying most people here don't do anything and you don't like that. Well, you don't have to be here. Please correct me if you didn't intend it that way.

I must admit I am at the gunna and wanna stage myself due to lack of $$$. But it doesn't hurt to get information like I have been doing so. I then have a definate plan for when I do have some $$$.

Quote:

But its the young wankers that think that putting a big exhaust on a car and putting your seat back makes you cool, open your eyes! peter

Rice rice baby. Who cares? Better satisfaction when you blow them into the weeds. Grin

Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know much about cars, and I don't pretend to.
But I am here and eager to learn.
Here I can ask questions without being laughed at.
BTW - I also know how to change oil, wheels etc.
I can even tune my car myself. Wink
So if people don't ask questions how do they learn?
And who cares weather they actually chose to go ahead and do it or not. At least by discussing it they have learned something.

Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW I'm not a member of this club.
I'd love to be.
But I live in Queensland.
So what's the point?

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Libby with threads like this appearing on our forums I can understand why you might feel this way, but please dont let the idiotic ramblings of a few immature boys stop you from enjoying the benefits of being part of a great group of people that are enthusiastic about there cars.
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, im new here, and im in brisbane... surely toymods do things in brisbane!
V8Cressida
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry guys, but I tend to agree with LOW11S.

If someone isn't prepared to try to help themselves, I'm not prepared to help them. I've had heaps of e-mails from people wanting to know all the gory details about putting a 1UZ into a Cressida, they all got the same answer. Get the car and the engine, have a go at fitting it, if you stuff it up I'm more than willing to offer any help I can to get it finished.

If someone isn't prepared to commit to doing the job then how can I be sure that I'm not wasting my time detailing the work involved and answering the dozens of questions that always follow?

Yeah, I know! I'm a prick! Laughing
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon1.gif  Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter,

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. Stick around long enough and maybe you'll change your mind.

There are always goingto be the "Gunna's and Wanna's" as you called them I don't know about you but When I was considerably younger I was exactly the same. It's only by asking about things your considering that people get advice and learn about what they should really consider doing.

I guess I've probably considered every possible version of the 2TG and most of my original plans were Gunna's and Wanna's. ! Now that I'm in a possition to actually do things in reality I don't have to worry about all the not so good choices I considered as I have had people listen to my suggestions and help me out with understanding why they were not such a good Idea.

This forum was set up for the Benefit of the Toymods club members and has grown into a useful resource for any Toyota inclined person.

You might be Sorry to hear this but the Toymods Car Club will always be only to happy to help out anyone who has a question and I don't really care if its a simple as How to change a Gearknob ! (There's even an article on that in the tech section )

The next Newbie you have a go at may just end up Club President one day so please if you can't help out keep your comment to yourself.

Libby and Esteban,

Toymods in not incorporated or insured outside of NSW so we can't hold official club events in QLD. However, Have a look around these forums and you will see there is a good number of interstate members. Some of them join the club to Support us and help us grow. The Current Vice President and I both hope that one day Toymods will be Australia wide. It takes people such as yourself to help us with that.

There is nothing stopping Forums goers from each state getting together and having social days and outing. I'm sure we could even find you a bit of web space to host pics of your outing on if there was a genuine interest. You may not be aware but Steve Bignal is not only a Member but he is part of the board and is located in QLD.

The legal side of things does slow us down but we are trying to give all our members as many benefits as we can. This forum is just one way the club tries to help its members. For anyone that doesn't realise these forums are not the Toymods car club. They are a service we provide. The club itself has over 80 financial members whose support makes all the rest of this possible.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 June 2002 04:00]

Golum
Regular

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
low11s i guess i'm one of those young fellas your talking bout (though i don't think putting a loud exhaust on and pushing my seat back makes me cool). I know crap all bout cars i can't change my own oils and i don't even know how to bleed brakes. I came across this club and i've learnt alot from them.
The best thing about this forum is you can ask the dumbest and most simple questions and everybody is willing to help you and not laugh at you.

Thanks for answering all my dumb questions peoples. Laughing
LOW11S
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i didn't mean to cause a big hassle. Mate if you don't know how to change your oil, thats pretty sad and i think next time you need it done, you get someone to show you. After that you can do it yourself. EASY! Its all very well for everyone to gang up on me over this but i'm just telling you what i think from an outside point of view. If my mate brad needs help on his RZ supra, i help him. John's wrx always needs attention and i help him. Both those mates can now do stuff themselves. With so many members on these forums, i think you could achieve more topics worth reading. Just take a look at the general section. As soon as i'm finished the 13b conversion i will post it all up. Its not toyota and i'll probably get kicked off but at least i'm having a go. Peter.
Golum
Regular

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry didn't mean to start an arguement, i can see where you coming from Rolling Eyes , just bagging me self out abit. Wink
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Mate if you don't know how to change your oil, thats pretty sad and i think next time you need it done, you get someone to show you. After that you can do it yourself. EASY!

It is pretty sad, but you have to start someplace. When I used to own the old corolla I used to just jump on in and do anything and everything.

But when I got the new car that is efi and costs 15x more I was hesitant and got toyota to service it for me. Not that I was afraid of getting dirty, but because I've never dealt with a modern motor before.

But recently I hit the realization that it's not under warranty anymore (hasn't been for about a year now), and after just looking at the engine bay and under the car, it's no different in practice than the old corolla was.

So next service I'm going to do the oil on it myself, and do the transmission fluid too. (Which is a new for me, I've never done an auto before). As for the oil as well, it actually looks easier to do on this than the old corolla was. So stuff paying out $150 for just an oil change and filter when I can do it for half price AND put mobil one in as well.

Same as the auto transmission. I got that changed when I first got the car and that was a couple of hundred to change the fluid. Now I'll do it myself at a fraction of the cost and replace the filter in it too.

Quote:

As soon as i'm finished the 13b conversion i will post it all up. Its not toyota and i'll probably get kicked off but at least i'm having a go. Peter.

What's it going into? Any conversion is good to read if it's done properly.

I just wish I had a digicam for taking pics of what I've got planned to do to add some interest, because what I want to do I've never seen/heard of anyone else doing to the same model of car I have.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo:

You don't need to replace the auto filter, It should be washable dude. I was quoted $75 for a new one, if this helps.

If you are looking at opening up the pan, then a new pan gasket would be a good thing. Again from Holden $14.50 vs Toyota $27.80.

Give the magnets a clean too. Shoulda seen my Old tranny's magnets hehehe.

Just got all the oils and filters to do a service on my car.

Costs are:

1lt DexronIII ATF $6
5ltr Penrite HPR 10 SS(10w-50) $31.99
Oil Filter $10
Fuel Filter $6.50
Air Filter $22
Wiper Blades $8

TOTAL: $84.49

That is quite cheap compared to a service done by a mechanic. Then again, I don't perform much of a safety check, but do they? Smile.
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
13B conversion!! I like the sound of that!!
what type of car???
I was gunna do that a few years ago when I was younger OH thats right I did it
Mate don't hassel people about gunna do stuff some of us don't have the money to throw at a car in one hit and without starting this up again it is when people are negitive that people give up,if you help (as you might) and spur them on they might finish the job (there are a few that never will thou)
As for the rota I get a ribbing sometimes but that is the fun of being different and everyone is welcome here if they if they do the right thing
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inertia wrote on Fri, 21 June 2002 6:39 PM

Apollo:

You don't need to replace the auto filter, It should be washable dude. I was quoted $75 for a new one, if this helps.

If you are looking at opening up the pan, then a new pan gasket would be a good thing. Again from Holden $14.50 vs Toyota $27.80.

Give the magnets a clean too. Shoulda seen my Old tranny's magnets hehehe.

Just got all the oils and filters to do a service on my car.

Costs are:

1lt DexronIII ATF $6
5ltr Penrite HPR 10 SS(10w-50) $31.99
Oil Filter $10
Fuel Filter $6.50
Air Filter $22
Wiper Blades $8

TOTAL: $84.49

That is quite cheap compared to a service done by a mechanic. Then again, I don't perform much of a safety check, but do they? Smile.

Cool. Didn't know you could wash them. In transmission fluid though I guess?

I know about the magnets too. I'm going to give them a wipe.

I'm planning on replacing all the seals. The oil seal, the transmission pan seal and the auto fluid seal. Interesting that the holden one was cheaper. I'll have to price both then.

My air filter is good though. I don't need to spend more money on it. (k&N).

I'll give the plugs a check too.

Yea, it's very cheap compared to the service by the mechanic. Bloody $150 to just change the oil and filter. I also doubt they did the rest of the checks that are in the log book for the 50000 service I last had done about 3-4 months ago. (Car is currently almost to 55000km's).

Mmmmm..... Just before hitting reply I decided to check the manual I bought. And yep, they have a section that says to clean the 'strainer' in auto transmission fluid.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah forgot to add the price of plugs hehe:

NGK's 4 x $3.95 = $16

Gotta do the brakes too... so that'll be $100 or so.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a car club in qld would cool but steve bignell has done no work to his car himself and further more dosnt really care about other celicas or toyotas

i gave his neice (my girlfriend) a celica for christmas and he wasnt even interested in having a look or even looking at my own celica, when i questioned him about his car he either ignores me or changes he subject and talks to other people, he is only interested in his own car

which is fine i think that is great for him, but should he have anything to do with a qld toymods meet ?

cheers
Wayne

[Updated on: Fri, 21 June 2002 10:30]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe he just doesn't like you? Rolling Eyes (j/ks dude)

seriously though - is a public forum really a place for airing out your personal matters??
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not really personal mate, i havnt been following this thread so i only just read it and Rod suggested to arrange a meet up here as steve is up here

i am just saying it would be a waste of time as he dosnt care about other cars

it was not meant to be an attack on steve even though it sounds like one, just my opinion of him

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair enough - obviously I don't know Steve on a personal level, and have met him only once (and very briefly at that). however I think the fact that he drove his car down to Sydney at Easter to spend the weekend in Wollongong with the club, does go to show that he has a fair amount of dedication towards the club and it's members.
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would have to agree. Steve is a great starting point for Toymods moving into QLD and setting up something firm. I don't think this is the place to air those comments.

It all takes time. This club has come a long way. We have a good base of members who don't mind paying the small amount to keep the club alive and also to support a lot of people who get lots out of these forums. Sometimes it really pisses me off that more of the really genuine people don't getting more involved in the club. BUT at the same time, i look at the members list and i see a list of guys and girls that have stuck by each other.

Rod's doing a fantastic job and the club has never been stronger. While we have a passion, there will be a strong car club. I challenge those who really feel this club is their own, to take hold of it. Be a member and have your card in your wallet and be proud of it. I know i am.

My 2 cents in this pretty spicey thread.

Luke
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Fri, 21 June 2002 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate i dont see how he is a starting point if he insnt iterested in other peoples cars

having an interest in other people cars is what a car club is all about, not 'my model car is it' attitude

i would love to see a qld branch of toymods as much as the next person, you say do something about it, well what can i do, give me some idea and i will do it
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Sat, 22 June 2002 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, we've almost got a club of our own with about 4 of us within 10mins of each other here already. Smile Yet we still have to meet each other......
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: This Car Club Sat, 22 June 2002 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey.... do u guys ever come down to the gold coast on the weekends? id love to meet up somewhere along the line...

skid____man@hotmail.com
icq: 110740990 im always innvisable... just msg me and i will add u to my visable list
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Sat, 22 June 2002 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, I don't. Too boring. Razz
SkiDMaN
Regular

June 2002

Re: This Car Club Sat, 22 June 2002 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are u serious.... u obviously dont know where to go Freak

every weekend theres always something goin on... and theres always drifting.... just got to be at the right place at the right time Rolling
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Sat, 22 June 2002 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so we could form a car club then, maybe will be able to carry on the toymods name, i will ask Rod later if thats ok and we can go from there

apart from the name, there is no reason why us brisbane people cant get together to start something...just have to decide how can we all meet, i.e venue, time etc.

i suggest maybe meet for a bbq lunch at a park or something then go for a cruise ? late july ?

looks like there will be a cruise on the 7th july up here, that would give us toyota heads a chance to arrange something

i will start a thread under the queensland section of toymods
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Sat, 22 June 2002 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad85 wrote on Sat, 22 June 2002 6:53 PM

so we could form a car club then, maybe will be able to carry on the toymods name, i will ask Rod later if thats ok and we can go from there

Umm - why not just join up with the celica club in brisbane ??

i know a fair few of our members are forum members here as well - and i know of a lot of talk thats swapped between the two clubs on a reguklar basis

Were undergoing a name change - so itys not just a " celica " club - were looking for more memers all the time with good ideas and other models from toyota are always welcome -

Wayne - as for your oppinion about steve - im glad its yours mate - I met steve at the all toyota day - my old pig 22 was parked next to his - humbling mine - but the fella was always glad to answer any questions i asked him toward his car - and we had a good old chat .. He may only have an interest in one model - but they might be his passion.
hell i know i know a lot more about the older celicas than i do about yours or corollas , or echo's for that matter , and take a lot of interest toward old school - then i do newer ones - mind you in all honesty a GT4 will most likely become my ta22's stable mate - and steves helping me ALOT about how they can be improved - and im learning alot about them as well

Anyway - look into the club up here if your genuinly interested in joining up with other toyota enthusiasts..

Stuart - ta22 with soon to be improved BRAKES...

celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Sat, 22 June 2002 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu,

just for the record mate Steve is my girlfriends uncle so i do know him, on that note as you say my opinions are my opinions, we'll leave it at that then hey ? Smile

i think a toymods club would be 'nicer' than just a celica club, more cars, more people, more fun, maybe the organiser of celica club could step forward and take some steps to make it a toymods branch ?...i'd do anything to help im sure most people would

i will see you at the next celica club meet, looking forward to that, just got the 65 back from the paint shop in time for the last meet then forgot about it!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Sat, 22 June 2002 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
regarding our the club up here, im pretty sure things are looking up - i believe weve finally got marques cover for public liablity - or whatever it is - so we hav hold more events and so on, so the *fun* should increase soon

i know we have a dyno day coming up soon ( chasing tinas porncar ) and we hadstrong involvment with the recent toyota day up here . Im actually surprised we ddint see more of the toymods forum guys there - i know feral was there - poor bumper dude - i hope the kangaroo paid for it Wink

( correct me if im wrong here )

it will be nice to see your 65 on the road too - hopefully the paint looks sweet for you

Stuart

SteveGt4
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Sun, 23 June 2002 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only care about 1 sort of car eh .. That's why I own a GT4 and a 1975 Torana. I am happy to answer questions that are asked of me, but as for cars that I have never owned and know absolutely nothing about, I don't see how or why I should comment and possibly lead somebody astray.

Ask me about old holdens .. and Chevs motors .. and Gt4's .. and I will be more than willing to help.

As for the Club going ahead in Queensland. At this stage Toymods Public Liablity only covers events held within NSW. Sure we can go ahead and organise cruises and such, but so far I have posted possible cruises in the QLD section and hardly even gotten a reply. I asked about joining up and cruiseing down Easter weekend. I invited people to meet up at Drag Combat and that never happened. I also asked about people going to the Toyota Day at Brisbane, all to no avail.

If you don't show that you are interested then it's hard to organise anything. I'll happily organise a few events up here if you are interested, but don't say nobody is doing anything when you arn't even replying to things that are trying to be organised. I'm happy to organise joint events with Celica Car Club in Brisbane. I have met a few of them and they are a great bunch of people.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Sun, 23 June 2002 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i mean is that you only care about your cars...it took us all by suprise when you didnt even want to look at Ems celica i gave her for christmas....just because you might not know anything about it wouldnt hurt to take a bit of interest in it a maybe even learn a bit along the way

i am trying to organise a meet to possibly start to a qld toymods in the queensland forum section and so far it is looking good, there is a fair amount of interest, maybe you'd like to turn up

why people dont listen to you ?...maybe its got something to do with you what you are choosing ?...you go into sound contests and show 'n' shines which is great cos you win a fair bit ive heard but maybe some people arnt interested, not everyone has a car like yours, if there was a qld toymods i'd hope it include all sorts of cars, even 'pieces of crap' as long as they are toyota, thats what it is all about
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Sun, 23 June 2002 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chuckles - re show and shine - on the toyota day - my car was next to steves - though i think his paint took the show - but my chrome took the shine Wink

BTW steve - why ddint you offer me a game of grand turismo two on the playstation - Ill have to bring my memory chip and show u the GT4 i made in that * chuckles * pity though - GT2 has all the running gear mods - but no stereo !!!

Stuart
SteveGt4
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Sun, 23 June 2002 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why didn't I take an interest in em's car .. Gee .. you sent me a picture and told me not to mention it to anyone. What was it I was supposed to answer back ?

In my job I have to answer around 40-50 emails a day every day. Even on weekends. In the email you sent you had a picture and told me waht you were going to do to it. I sent back a reply something like "Sounds good". Now i'm sorry if you wanted a long drawn out email back but I simply don't have the time to sit and write an email back about how wonderful your car is.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 June 2002 00:02]

SteveGt4
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Mon, 24 June 2002 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 23 June 2002 8:15 PM

BTW steve - why ddint you offer me a game of grand turismo two on the playstation - Ill have to bring my memory chip and show u the GT4 i made in that * chuckles * pity though - GT2 has all the running gear mods - but no stereo !!!

Stuart

Cause after about 15 minutes I wouldn't have been able to start the car. I can't even clutch start it if it goes too flat. Autronics has a safety override which stops the car firing on low battery .. engine overheat .. all sorts of stuff. Smile

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Mon, 24 June 2002 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SteveGt4 wrote on Mon, 24 June 2002 10:08 AM

Classique71 wrote on Sun, 23 June 2002 8:15 PM

Stuart

Cause after about 15 minutes I wouldn't have been able to start the car. I can't even clutch start it if it goes too flat. Autronics has a safety override which stops the car firing on low battery .. engine overheat .. all sorts of stuff. Smile

Sounds like another battery is in order. Or a bigger one.
SteveGt4
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Mon, 24 June 2002 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[/quote]

Sounds like another battery is in order. Or a bigger one.[/quote]

Already has an odyssey 1500 in it Smile

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Mon, 24 June 2002 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jebus!

But that tells you something doesn't it? Wink
SteveGt4
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Mon, 24 June 2002 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Mon, 24 June 2002 10:21 AM

Jebus!

Yes .. I have way too much stereo and entertainment gear in the car Smile
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: This Car Club Mon, 24 June 2002 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SteveGt4 wrote on Mon, 24 June 2002 10:25 AM

Apollo wrote on Mon, 24 June 2002 10:21 AM

Jebus!

Yes .. I have way too much stereo and entertainment gear in the car Smile

No such thing as too much. Grin Just squeeze another battery in there someplace.
SteveGt4
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Mon, 24 June 2002 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah .. the alternator I got charges it pretty quick. And it's only when I am hammering it that I get bugger all time out of it. At shows it's not a problem because I runa 30a power supply to the battery.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Mon, 24 June 2002 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve you are a bullshit artist plain and simple, i said nothing like that and i was talking about christmas anyway

there is no point in arguing with you, im not trying to prove anything, just offering my opinion on why i think there would be a more suitable toymods qld president out there, other than you
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

icon9.gif  Cmon Now ! Tue, 25 June 2002 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys the original post on this thread was contoversial enough on a number of levels without turning it into a personal slagging match, if you want to have a discussion on a proposed QLD Toymods then at least start a whole new thread so all members that are interested can participate not just the two of you duking it out with what appear to be personal attacks.

It appears that there is more to this conversation on a personal level than is being written here so either keep it to the thread topic, start a new thread or quit bitching at each other using these forums and do it down the phone instead please Rolling Eyes
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: This Car Club Tue, 25 June 2002 09:48 Go to previous message
sorry mate, wont happen again No No No
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:best ae86 ever
Next Topic:Custom Exhaust manifolds? Anyone got one/price? Yogi?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 18:09:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088469982147217 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.