Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Which Garrett GT turbo for 3T GTE???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Which Garrett GT turbo for 3T GTE??? Tue, 15 April 2003 12:05 Go to next message
Hi all,
Shortly I will be buying a new Garrett GT turbo for my 3T GTE. I have already upgraded the fuel system (440cc injectors)and fitted an Evo intercooler. Don't have forged pistons yet, but I would rather blow the old ones up before replacing them.
The problem is that I'm not sure between the GT25 290hp and 350hp version turbos.
I don't want too much lag because it gonna be a street car. Has anyone got either of these turbos? which do you think is better for max power potential without having too much lag. Eg I want full boost by around 3 or 3500rpm.

Also I plan to make a custom exhaust manifold and 3 inch exhasut system.

So besides the money side of it, what do you all recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Simon
http://users.senet.com.au/~mezz/stitle.htm
  Send a private message to this user    
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Which Garrett GT turbo for 3T GTE??? Tue, 15 April 2003 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What hp are you aiming for? I have seen the 350hp rated GT25 making 225kw at the wheels on a 1.8 litre CA18DET, max boost was 25psi, which was available by 3500rpm.

Whether you choose the 290 or 350hp GT25, make sure you get the .64 A/R exhaust housing if you want full boost between 3000 & 3500rpm. Whilst it sounds like a small housing, it has no problems flowing the exhaust gases for the abovementioned 225kw.

The smaller 290hp turbo will be much easier to physically fit, the 350 hp one has a very large .70 A/R compressor housing, which is big enough to hit the exhaust manifold on most factory manifolds!

For my dollar, i'd be going for the 290hp GT25 (which I am in fact fitting to my 4AGTE) Its a bonus that its almost $1000 cheaper too, as they sell shitloads of them as bolt on upgrades for nissan SR20's

Cheers
Phil
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: Which Garrett GT turbo for 3T GTE??? Tue, 15 April 2003 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm hoping for about 160kw at the wheels.

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Which Garrett GT turbo for 3T GTE??? Wed, 16 April 2003 09:32 Go to previous message
then save yourself a grand and stick to the 290hp version. You wont have a problem squeezing 160kw ATW with it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:engine balancing
Next Topic:Getting the harness made
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 07:20:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038599967956543 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.