Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Oil light fixed, supercharger air leaking noise?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
xpimp
Regular

January 2003

Oil light fixed, supercharger air leaking noise? Wed, 16 April 2003 09:49 Go to next message
Fixed
---------------------
NO i was so close

the oil light is always on Sad

is the 4agze a guage or a light?
---------------------

Although now i notice that the supercharger makes either an air movement/leak sound or a scrapping noise... seems to happen when the clutch engages/disengages...

is this due to belt slippage?

Thanks
XPimP

[Updated on: Thu, 17 April 2003 10:22]

Send a private message to this user    
Sprinta
Regular

September 2002
Re: NO another problem :( so close yet so far (Oil Light on 4agze) Wed, 16 April 2003 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey
I have a AE92 gze intrument cluster in my ae86 so i hope this helps.. (btw its using the ae92 gze motor + ecu too)
Umm the light that comes on is not neccisarily the 'oil' it basically is a check engine light.. Mine comes on sometimes when im speeding as my speed sensor is not hooked up..
It goes away eventually though..
It will also come on for other reasons such as faulty electrics or something else not hooked up..
If you dont think your car has an oil problem do the diagnostic test.. The check engine light will flash according to what problem you have..
This will only work if you have the gze ecu though.. If not, this message will goto waste Sad

Catchya

Alem
xpimp
Regular

January 2003

Re: NO another problem :( so close yet so far (Oil Light on 4agze) Wed, 16 April 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah i wired it up myself so its not the engine warning light

the black/yellow wire comming from the engine bay is meant to be the oil pressure gauge or switch

do u have a oil pressure gauge on the dash? or is it a light saying "oil"

Thanks heaps for ur reply

XPimP
Sprinta
Regular

September 2002
Re: NO another problem :( so close yet so far (Oil Light on 4agze) Wed, 16 April 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dash has no oil gauge unfortunatly Sad Its just a light.. Ill have to invest in a oil pressure gauge soon i guess.. Cant really live without it with a modded engine..
xpimp
Regular

January 2003

Re: NO another problem :( so close yet so far (Oil Light on 4agze) Wed, 16 April 2003 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm so they dont have pressure gauges as standard?

any1 else got a gze ae92 with a pressure gauge?

Thanks
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: NO another problem :( so close yet so far (Oil Light on 4agze) Wed, 16 April 2003 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a look at the sender on the motor , If it is about 50mm tall and 40mm round it is meant to operate a gauge but if it is a small sender it is to operate a light .

Trevor
xpimp
Regular

January 2003

Re: NO another problem :( so close yet so far (Oil Light on 4agze) Wed, 16 April 2003 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks ill remove the AC and have a lookie in the morning

Damn i wish i could finish this thing without problems Sad

Thanks for ur reply Smile
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: NO another problem :( so close yet so far (Oil Light on 4agze) Thu, 17 April 2003 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The oil pressure sender on the ae92 gze operates a guage. You have two options. Either fit an oil pressure guage to your dash, or swap the sender for one that operates the light. I swapped it for my old 4age one.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: NO another problem :( so close yet so far (Oil Light on 4agze) Thu, 17 April 2003 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my old GZE levin ae92 used to have an oil pressure gauge...
Bazooka
Regular

April 2003

Re: NO another problem :( so close yet so far (Oil Light on 4agze) Thu, 17 April 2003 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simple test (if your game) is to just rev the engine. If the light goes out at high rpm and off again at low rpm then you most likely have a gauge sender. Change the sender for the smaller light type, easy.
xpimp
Regular

January 2003

Re:Oil Light fixed :) Supercharger noise :/ Thu, 17 April 2003 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used some creativity

I used an LED that turns off when the pressure sender has little pressure, seems to work actually Smile

I will put a gauge in ASAP

But on another point my supercharger makes sortof a "WOOOOSSSSSH, pause for a few seconds WOOOOOOOSH" is that normal? Sounds like hardcore air movement but im not sure if its a scrapping sound... seems to do it when the clutch operates (or when it slipps i aint sure if the belts slipping cause the center pulley bits stop spinning)... is this normal? :/

Bit worried bout that Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 17 April 2003 10:24]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Oil light fixed, supercharger air leaking noise? Thu, 17 April 2003 11:15 Go to previous message
if you put a low oil pressur light on any engine it should come in at just under idle pessure only if you hate seeing a warning light or for the best use just under half pressure. but they arnt of any real use as by the time they come on, its already started doing damage that goes ten fold when at very high revs. pressure gauge is the best but then it is manly to know if you have pressure drops i.e oil surge, worn damaged oil pump or pressure valve problem, etc.
mick
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Where to fit surge tank
Next Topic:Which Boost Controller?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 11:13:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041549205780029 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.