AuthorTopic
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...SOLD Thu, 17 April 2003 03:26 Go to next message
1977 RA28 Celica "MINI MUSTANG"

Motor:
18RGU Twin Cam 2 litre
Twin side draft carbies, just been rebuilt.
Custom Air-box with pod filter
Custom mandrel bent extractors
Custom 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent exhaust
Engine fully rebuilt 65,000km's ago
Head port, polished and shaved (high compression ratio)
Competition Camshafts (Very Lumpy- no idea on specs)
Recored radiator in perfect condition
Painted Tappet Cover
Chrome plated Alternator- not installed yet.

Gearbox:
Supra W58 Gearbox conversion
RPM Heavy duty clutch
Lightened Flywheel

Body:
Full respray in Silver with lilac pearl, about 5 years ago.
Rear adjustable wing
Lancer side indicators(also been repositioned)
Removal of standard antenna, and fitment of custom one on the roof.
Removal of all key holes.
Carbon Fibre 'wing' side view mirrors
Removal of fuel filler
Fitment of Yamaha motorcycle filler

Wheels:
Front...
16X7 inch ROH Milano 3 peice mags
Back...
16X8 inch ROH Milano 3 peice mags

Brakes:
Front rotors custom cross drilled and detailed calipers
Rear Drums in very good condition and painted purple.

Interior:
Prelude front bucket seats
New carpet
New Headlining
custom centre consol
Full interior retrim
'carbon fibre' look dash

Stereo:
Clarion CD head unit with remote
Clarion 4inch 2-way speakers
15inch lightning audio sub-woofer(has had dust cap removed- still works great though)
*Optional inclusion* Kenwood Amplifier- worth $850- add onto cost of car
purple Neons and strobe lights(can be removed)

$5,500 registeredIpswich
Reply here, or phone Ben on 0417 366 372

Also for sale is EFI parts. Everything you need to convert to EFI except for injectors.
Includes, Polished Intake Runners, painted throttle body, polished fuel rail, 3T computer(virtually the same as a RGEU), wiring loom, VL turbo fuel pump, electronic dizzy, RGEU exhuast headers with O2 sensor, Airbox, RGEU thermostat housing, etc....
selling for $600 as a set.

WILL PUT PICS UP 2NIGHT

[Updated on: Thu, 24 April 2003 23:51]

Send a private message to this user    
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Thu, 17 April 2003 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PICS HERE:

http://board.performanceforums.com/gallery/showgal lery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2634&thumb=1

More up2date pics to come
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Fri, 18 April 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interested dude.... what kinda condition is body in? Very Happy
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Fri, 18 April 2003 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very good condition. The paint has a few small chips, but apart from that its very straight and very clean. I'm hopefully getting more detailed pics 2morrow and i'll post them up.
Kergen-RA28
Occasional Poster

April 2003

icon9.gif  Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Fri, 18 April 2003 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, I was inspired a the amount of work done to this, and by the pics of this car on the web that I went out and purchased my own RA28 to do up. And now "the beast" itself is for sale... damn, damn, damn, should have waited a few weeks.... Sad
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Sat, 19 April 2003 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, thanks man, its nice to know how much people actually like this car. I love it, but now i want someone else to enjoy the pleasures of owning such a classic beast.

AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Sat, 19 April 2003 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
contact BUGMAN

im pretty sure he is/was interested... he has one... but needs a new body Rolling Eyes
Kergen-RA28
Occasional Poster

April 2003

icon4.gif  Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Sat, 19 April 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, like I said I just got me one from Melbourne.

It's a 77 RA28 in 200sx silver, with 18RGU (solex's), pedders lowered springs, KYB Shocks, KMAC Camber Castor Kit, KMAC Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Ajustable Pan Hard Rod, Monza Bucket Seats (front) and SAAS Wheel. The badges behind the windows have been removed and metal welded in, the front indicators have been moved back behind the wheel arch, and the bonnet has been modded nicely to drop slightly into the engine bay. I notice a few people have done this... Here's a pic...

Attachment: Kergen-RA28.jpg
(Size: 73.51KB, Downloaded 90 time(s))

Kergen-RA28
Occasional Poster

April 2003

Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Sat, 19 April 2003 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still have printout's of Sybders Beast lying around the house, but methinks it would be better if I could create something unique.

I have a good start, the body is almost rust free and metal has been welded in in all previous cases where rust has been removed(no bog). The car has never been crashed (as far as I can tell, and so I have been told) and it's nice and straightey.

I hope to put something superchargey along with the Hilux brake mod and give these country boys a little taste of Nippon fury Laughing
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Sat, 19 April 2003 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds and looks like you got a nice neat beast there yourself Smile

I just edited original post as well.

Cheers
Ben
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Sun, 20 April 2003 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
checking to see if this is still available ..??

chaos
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Mon, 21 April 2003 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it is, and for all you toymod members, as an ensentive, i'll give you the EFI gear with the car as a bonus.
I'll post up if it gets sold, but i have had no offers yet, so please start making some.....

Thanks
Ben
HYPA-NOVA
Regular

March 2003
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Mon, 21 April 2003 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bought my ta23 cause it was the closest I could get to your RA28 at the time. :/ just thinking about selling it to buy yours.
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Mon, 21 April 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats ur ta23 got in it then ?
HYPA-NOVA
Regular

March 2003
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Mon, 21 April 2003 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1984 2tg put in 10 years ago (was painted red, polishing it up atm), head might be shaved??, 2 inch exaust, extractors, lowered 2 inches, twin webber solex carbies, 13 or 14 inch mags (unsure which), most of the interior is restored, white bubbly paint, five or so 5mm rust holes (speed holes Laughing ) two on the roof Sad, Tinted windows, cracked and dammaged dash and centre console, carbon fiber steering wheel and matching gear stick.

It is running and road worthy, but I'd like to fix a few things first like lights, dash and paint.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 April 2003 07:03]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Tue, 22 April 2003 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive always loved this car..

Sad tis a pitty i dont have such a large amount of money. altho its a bargain.
still pretty cheap Sad Sad Sad
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Tue, 22 April 2003 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the complements peoples!!!
It has to go soon!!!!
I'll even throw in the $800 kenwood amp, thats a total of $1400 worth of stuff that im giving away!!! cant get much better than that.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Tue, 22 April 2003 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want to buy some of your EFI gear separate from the car. Im interested mainly in the fuel rail + injectors, ECU + AFM, elec dizzy + ignitor... and the thermostat housing.

Possibly the whole EFI kit if you want to part with it and its all there? Let me know dude Smile
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Tue, 22 April 2003 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i'd love to sell you the lot, but 1st i just wanna see if someone wants to buy the car with the EFI stuff. But if they only want the car, then you are the 1st bidder, therefore will get 1st snap at the gear, i'll let you know, when i know.

Very Happy

Thanks
Ben
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Tue, 22 April 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck with the sale ben!

that car looks sweet. It certainly looks like you have put a lot of work into it.

i will tell my mates.

later
chris
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Tue, 22 April 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate. I just hope someone buys it soon so i can purchase another beast Wink
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Wed, 23 April 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$4000 just for the car

$4500 for car and EFI

$5000 for the lot

interested ?

sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Wed, 23 April 2003 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry mate, i need at least $5000 for the car alone.
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Wed, 23 April 2003 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acknowledged Smile

i'm very interested in the car.
what time/day would be good to come round and have a look ?

my funds are stretched as it is but i'll see.

chaos
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Wed, 23 April 2003 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make a time and day and i'll be here. Working 2morrow but all daytime during the weekend i'm free.
Let me know.
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Wed, 23 April 2003 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prolably be the sunday .. i'll see what i can organise

i'll reply here by friday

chaos
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Thu, 24 April 2003 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this car still for sale?
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Thu, 24 April 2003 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes car still for sale.
As stated, still at $5500 firm With amp and EFI gear.
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Thu, 24 April 2003 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want more info go here:

http://www.netw.com/~aroweb/celica/NonCGI/Forum3/H TML/000186.html

People there have been asking a lot more questions than has been asked here. Smile And i have answered them, so you will find out about the car more if you go there.

Thanks
Ben
PS- hope that made sense lol
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Thu, 24 April 2003 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in Brisbane. Can we arrange a time to meet over the long weekend?...

Cheers Kirk.
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
UPDATE.... Thu, 24 April 2003 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, I have one person comming 2morrow to see it. I have had MANY queries about the car, even some from the UK, lol, so be quick Smile
If anyone else wants to see it, then let me know a time and day during the weekend and i'll try and be here.

Thanks
Ben

PS- The EFI gear will be given to the new owner if he or she wants it. If they have no plan for converting it, then the car will be sold at $5500 without EFI gear. I've also had many people asking for the EFI gear, so i would rather give it to someone that will use it, and not as a freebie that will only be "thrown away". Thanks again

[Updated on: Thu, 24 April 2003 07:40]

Wattsie
Occasional Poster

April 2003
icon9.gif  Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...4 URGENT SALE Thu, 24 April 2003 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, with all the interest I guess you'll have it sold by weeks end!
It's just going to be too hard to get there so quickly (using frequent flyers) and also I'd be hit with $800 to get it to Perth and then the hassles with re registration blah, blah...
That said, if any of the crew reading this know someone who has an RA28 that is in show condition and are thinking of selling for whatever reason, PLEASE mail me at mike.watts@sjog.org.au and I'll pay absolute TOP $$$$ for it.
I have the money but there's stuff-all good ones in WA now so I'll have to source one from the east.
Good luck with your next project Ben. You sure did a good job on this one!
Mike
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...SOLD Thu, 24 April 2003 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks everyone for your interest and comments. The car has had a deposit put on it this morning for the total value of $5500 including all parts.

It will be gone from my posession by early next week. Sad
I'll be sad to let it go, but i know its going to good hands.

Thanks again everyone, and i hope to be back in the near future in a SOARER just to stay in the TIP TOP Toyota family, hehe.

Thanks again,

Ben

PS- Congrats to the new owner, KIRK. Thanks mate.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...SOLD Fri, 25 April 2003 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

such a shame i let this one slip thru my fingers due to lack of money..

hope the new owner takes care in it and enjoys that warm fuzzy feeling only an RA28/23 like this one can give, Very Happy
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...SOLD Fri, 25 April 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car will be picked up monday night and it will be going to a good home... my last car was a 73 ta22 with a 3tgteu which I sold to my best friend for 5000$.

Chhers guys and thanks Ben Wink
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Sbyder's Beast....RA28 ...SOLD Sat, 26 April 2003 02:57 Go to previous message
[Report message to a moderator]
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2x MX22 2 door corona's reduced to go!
Next Topic:WTB Automotive books
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 13:28:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007396936416626 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.