Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Wanted: 22RE bits Thu, 06 June 2002 13:34 Go to next message
Anyone got performance 22RE parts they don't want naymore? Unlikely I know, but if you have a cam or headers or cams or anything tell me! Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Wed, 12 June 2002 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a Cam (Very large) Couple of manifolds, and an earlier Microtech (D4s with screw driver adjustments), complete wiring loom... Make me an offer, I'm in Sydney.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Wed, 12 June 2002 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much for the microtech ?...guessing that the wiring loom matches the microtech

do you only have the standard manifolds ? injectors included ? standard ?

can you email me please jemima@winshop.com.au
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Wed, 12 June 2002 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

how much for the microtech ?...guessing that the wiring loom matches the microtech

Yes, $100.
Quote:

do you only have the standard manifolds ? injectors included ? standard ?

Yes, Two manifolds, with one set of injectors + fuel rail, I will sell both for $150 which comes with an Audi Fuel pump. I was planning a Twin Throttle setup on the engine, but the Car that had it fitted ('93 Hilux) was ridden off.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Wed, 12 June 2002 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To clarify: are the manifolds stock?
Could you tell me more about the cam's specs at all? Any other 22RE stuff you have, tell us, as it's likely Wayne or I will buy it off you. Thanks!
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Wed, 12 June 2002 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so the injectors are standard ?

about the audi fuel pump what is the maximum flow rate ?

i will definatly take the computer and wiring its fuel only right ?
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Thu, 13 June 2002 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audi Fuel Pump- Flow rate = VL from memory
The EFI Manifolds are Stock 22RE Items
Fuel injectors are Stock
This was used to convert Carb to EFI in Hilux.
Cam is ??? but a camtech billet Item, I have to pull it out to check. It really is useless if you don't up your Compression Ratio. This was due to be fitted to the rebuilt engine for the same ute, but was ridden off before I had a chance.
As for any other parts I'll have to have a look cause I have all of it packed away.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Thu, 13 June 2002 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't realise the Hilux's were all 22Rs rather than REs.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Thu, 13 June 2002 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, I take it you have a 22R(e) with either high-comp pistons or a shaved head (or both). If you're ditching the EFI rails & cam, are you getting rid of the engine too?
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Thu, 13 June 2002 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I didn't realise the Hilux's were all 22Rs rather than REs.

All the Aussie one from 89-95 (RN85) US got all versions incl. 22RTE
Quote:

So, I take it you have a 22R(e) with either high-comp pistons or a shaved head (or both).

Shaved head, forged pistons, 10.5:1 comp, Balanced bottom end, made 70Kw@wheels with standard cam.
Quote:

If you're ditching the EFI rails & cam, are you getting rid of the engine too?

The ute was ridden off in '97, the engine was then put into a Corona wagon (Replaced a spitfire engine) with webbers, (Parts pick up car) the EFI manifolds wouldn't fit, hit the strut tower, So it was stored. I was using 1GGTE Injectors which found a new home in my rolla. In the end the Corona has been stolen, so all parts I have are just taking up space... Sorry but this is the short version and if the car ever turns up ,Most likely stuffed, but praying not the engine, I'll see what's left.
Hint: a 20R or 21R head do fit a 22R, this also up the comp and flow heaps better than the 22R head, I've heard this but I can't say I've tried, So it might be worth checking out too.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Thu, 13 June 2002 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We know all about the 20R/22R combo from Celi people in the US. They put a 20R head on a pre 85 head (9:1 comp ratio) and get an instant 10:1 comp ratio with a much better flowing head. There's even a guy who welds up 20R heads to accept 22RE EFI.

Unfortunately, in Australia, 20R heads are virtually noexistant.
In the rest of the world, the 22RE was changed slightly - shorter block, TCCS instead of analog EFI, and a 9.3:1 comp ratio. We got this engine in Australia in '85, but with the old analog EFI (probably 'cos we were still on leaded)
Putting the 20R on a shortblock actually drops the comp ratio back to 9.0 (somehting to do with different pistons), although it still flows better.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Thu, 13 June 2002 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hear about your wagon being stolen; that kinda shit pisses me off.

Aparently only the really early 21R heads are like the 20R ones; the later ones are just like 22Rs.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Fri, 14 June 2002 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think we got the earlier type of 21r head here i have searched every wrecking yard in bris about 6 months ago and they all had the square intake ports not the round ones, DOH!

can you get the specs of that cam please, it may not be big enough for what i need to do !
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Sat, 15 June 2002 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

20R heads are virtually noexistant

I do remember see a couple here in Syd. But that was years ago now. Could stop buy one day to see if they have any more.
Quote:

i dont think we got the earlier type of 21r head here i have searched every wrecking yard in bris about 6 months ago and they all had the square intake ports not the round ones, DOH!

I'm sure my 22R had square intakes and round exhaust, But it's been 5 Years since I looked so I could be wrong.

Quote:

Putting the 20R on a shortblock actually drops the comp ratio back to 9.0 (somehting to do with different pistons), although it still flows better.

Sound the same as throwing a 4AGE on a 7AFE, comp drops to 7:1
but change the pistons things look better, do you know if the pistons are interchangable?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Sun, 16 June 2002 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know the exact details, no. Could find out, but I don't have the $$$ to use a 20R nor the desire to go carbed. The Old Celica Club list at www.celicas.org has a lot of guys who know a LOT about 20Rs & 22Rs.

Any chance of checking the cam specs sometime? If it really is quite hot, then it may be exactly what Wayne needs, and if it's not quite that hot, it may be what I need Smile
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Thu, 20 June 2002 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnny are you going to return any of my emails mate ?

the sooner you get the cam specs, you will probably be able to sell that to either me or stefan, we are both after bigger cams again

and i need the ecu dude !!!

wayne
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Thu, 20 June 2002 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I forgotten guy's, Brother keep's forgetting to grap the cam from work. Rolling
`Cuda
Regular

June 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Fri, 21 June 2002 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hiya
Just wonderin if the microtech an loom is sold I live in wollongong and will take it if it aint Smilecan be contacted on cuda@catchnet.com.au

thanks
Steve
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Fri, 21 June 2002 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ecu is taken steve ! Grin ...just waiting to hear the official cam specs before it is posted as they could be posted together otherwise
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Sat, 22 June 2002 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, The Cam is a 299/304 and lift is 275" (11mm).
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Sat, 22 June 2002 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate i will take it

you have email

[Updated on: Sat, 22 June 2002 09:11]

Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Tue, 16 July 2002 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne,
Have you received any of my email's? ie pic, etc?

John
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Tue, 16 July 2002 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no dude !!!

been trying to email you, somethings wrong there

try this address jemima@winshop.com.au

good timing mate was just about to replace the motor too, getting worried you might have sold the gear to somebody else

hear from you soon
wayne
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Tue, 16 July 2002 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll try to email from my work account, seems to be something wrong at my end..... I have labled all the loom except 2 wires, I'm pretty sure it's the ignition signal to the ECU.. waiting for microtech to dig up an instruction manual for you too, just to be sure!! Can send the parts any time you want.

John
PS
It'll have a spare throttle I found while digging the stuff out, I really have no need for it, could be useful, in your case.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Fri, 19 July 2002 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok then

so the deal is cam + computer + inlet manifold (no injectors) for $300 right, and you have another inlet manifold ??

just to clarify then you can send whenever im still here, do you have the address still ??
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Sun, 21 July 2002 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne,

You've got mail!! (I F#$#ING HOPE SO!!)

Johnny
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Wanted: 22RE bits Mon, 22 July 2002 06:47 Go to previous message
nope no email yet Rolling
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply