Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Tue, 22 April 2003 03:11 Go to next message
WoW.....what a great way to spend a long weekend.

All up we had 10 cars and approx. 15 people from Canberra attend. As we were cruising through some of the smaller country towns on the way there, we even had the locals cheering and giving us the thumbs up. Think they loved to see the old and new Celicas in convoy. (I was a bit worried that my 22 was called "Fully Sick Maaaaate". Now there is a compliment!)

Striking diferrence to what we called the 'Dubbo welcome' from some of the wild county boys driving their utes and commodores. They would welcome us by flipping us the finger. Hell we copped it so many times it just became really funny.

Half the gang stayed at the Matilda and the other half at the 'Barracks' out of town. I think the young guns had the best time at the Barracks as can be seen by the post from Ben. Pity the video didn't survive.

I must say as my first trip to the TOYNATS it was great to meet so many really fantastic people from all over Oz. With all the Canberra people looking forward to trying to out-do themselves next year (Luckily Sam survived his last session to make it to the Drags....someone could lose a leg stepping in something like that Sam!)

Looks like we already have a heap more cars lined up for next year already. Special thanks to the organisers of the meet, especially Grant, Amanda, Dave, Phil and all the other organisers.

And for those who did not attend, our small Canberra contingent took home 3 trophies....from the Show and Shine!

Cheers.

Mitch
(CCG)
  Send a private message to this user    
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Tue, 22 April 2003 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah all the guys down at the barracks had an awesome time. we'll definitely be going there again.

As for the nationals, awesome. Although the show and shine started to get boring, the drags were great. might i suggest some motorkhana, burnouts, supercruise and perhaps a rally next year? Like the toymods one, not like an ARC one.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Tue, 22 April 2003 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol we can always make our own mini rally at the barracks..
again...
WITH THE LAWN MOWER!!
Laughing Laughing
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Tue, 22 April 2003 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Driver: Chris Law
Car: Tractor

VS

Driver: Ben Meyer
Car: Lawnmower

Odds: Tractor 3:1 on
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Tue, 22 April 2003 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
super hero: Capt'n Crunch
super power: can tackle a lawnmower in a single bound

We should mod a ride on and do some time trials, i have a
small rotary at home if anybody wants to donate some time and
parts.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 April 2003 23:43]

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Tue, 22 April 2003 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 22 April 2003 23:41]

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Tue, 22 April 2003 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok thats enough of picking on poor Sammy Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 22 April 2003 23:42]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Wed, 23 April 2003 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but seriously i had the best time over the whole weekend,
i cant believe i was thinking about ditching it and not going!!!!

if next year is half as good as this year its still worth going to.

hopefully they will have a motorkhana going so i wont have to destroy the dirt road leading into the barracks and around the shed!

oh and ben i still have ur bloody camera.. its outta charge so i cant tape any more wierd and wonderfull things any more. damn stupid batteries
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Wed, 23 April 2003 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only if someone has a lawnmower chassis. of course we could build our own.... with wheelbarrow wheels.
AE86
Regular

May 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Wed, 23 April 2003 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a great weekend was had by all. I'm gutted that I wasn't able to make it (gonna have to learn about that budgetting thing). Still it's probably good I didn't go because the old 3S-FE is about to drop its guts big time.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 April 2003 08:35]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Wed, 23 April 2003 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol nah we'll use 12" mini lites or something!!
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Wed, 23 April 2003 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe next year! You would have had a great time keeping up with the 162 boys, Ben and Joel. Maybe go the next step with a 3SGTE! Now that would be a great trip to Dubbo next year. Catch you at the next meting when we work out the details.
Cheers.
Mitch
Capt'n Blotto
Newcomer

May 2003
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Fri, 02 May 2003 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

Sorry about that 'episode" Mitch, better out then in Rolling Eyes (at least that's how i think it goes). Don't worry about it Jason, i'm glad someone can remember what happened that night, besides i laughed my head off when i saw that first post. Thanks guys for being so tolerant of my craziness and for being so thoughtful. It was definetly one of the best long weekends i have enjoyed ever! Long live The Barracks Arena!!
TA22_3TG
Regular

August 2002
Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Fri, 02 May 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate, we all had a great time at Dubbo. From all the positive feedback I have received from people who did NOT attend Dubbo this year, looks like there will be a huge convoy going to Dubbo next year, from the CCG alone!

We wil promote it even more next year so we have plenty of time to get all the Canberra Toyotas rolling. 15 cars this year.....30 next year?????

Cheers

Mitch
(CCG)
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Sat, 03 May 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as we have a destruction derby with some 180b's, its all ok no matter how many people are there
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Sun, 04 May 2003 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like i said i have a small roytary engine at home lets do something with it and if it dosnt work out then im sure a few entertaining nights will come out of it.
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: TOYOTA NATIONALS - DUBBO Mon, 05 May 2003 08:02 Go to previous message
As i said before, im definitely up for it. we have the shell of a renault 10 at our farm jason. no seats but the steering wheen and rack are still there. it is rear engine, rear wheel drive.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Social - 7.30, Tuesday, 6 May 2003
Next Topic:All Toyota Owners Welcome to the CCG on Tuesday night!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:15:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052828788757324 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.