Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
hoon protocol? Mon, 07 April 2003 09:14 Go to next message
this has happened to me many times since ive started driving, and cant seem to work it out, it happened again today and i though id post it up here...

driving thru traffic, a hotted up car cruises up next to me and for fun i give it a rev or a bit of a squirt, the next thing i know the other car is accelerating away and dangerously weaving thru traffic, cutting people off as if he has to get away from me, like his life was in danger...

every time this happens it leaves me thinking WTF? does he expect me to follow and drive like an idiot thru peak hour traffic?

its totally beyond my understanding and i refuse to chase them thru peak hour traffic...

anyone have any similar experiences?
  Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Mon, 07 April 2003 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, these ppl next to me rev it and then force me to beat them doing silly things... Laughing Laughing Laughing ...

Nah, kidding...

My mate is like that though... We run up till 60 and he keeps going... Doesn't stop for ages...
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: hoon protocol? Mon, 07 April 2003 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe..the worst is when u race somebody off the lights..then after 2 or 3 gears ur still pulling away, so game over and u start braking, but they keep pressing and fly past u at like 120+ and u just know they're thinking "yay i beat him!"
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Tue, 08 April 2003 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh yes the dreaded "fly-by", i expericence this often, the people that employ this tactic are truly unbeatable Rolling Eyes
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Tue, 08 April 2003 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, for some reason I'm always getting cut off, people pulling out in front of me and they don't excellerate, just sit at 20km's. The other night in the space of 500m I almost had 2 accidents because of people pulling out in front of me. Everyone that gets in my car can't believe that no one sees me. I'm in a brigh blue celica that is extremly loud and I drive with my headlights on all the time cause I'm sick of people not seeing me and it still happens.
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: hoon protocol? Wed, 09 April 2003 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe your going SSSOOOOO fast you give impression that your going slow Smile
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Wed, 09 April 2003 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car doesn't go that fast, and then I found out my speedo was out so I'm going even slower than I though. Embarassed
I'm pretty good at sticking to the speed limit since I got a fine, I just think that people are under the impression that if I run into them it's my fault but they're breaking the rules if I have to break to avoid hitting them if they just pulled out infront of me.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 April 2003 01:29]

AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: hoon protocol? Thu, 10 April 2003 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This happens to me as well!

Yesterday I was driving home from uni and this 'fulsikbro' Pulsar q 2ltr was behind me and after a bit of weaving he got past me on the parkway, I eventually caught up to him (just by driving normally), we both turned left and I sat right behind him and matched his speed (by the sound of his exhaust he was nailing it, I have a gze and was just cruizin Very Happy) ... he really didn't like that Evil or Very Mad and when we got up to the next roundabout and it split in to two lanes, he then proceeded to boot it and cut 2 people off just to get though the roundabout ahead of me, I turned right like normal to go home Laughing so stupid these people are!

-Andrew
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: hoon protocol? Thu, 10 April 2003 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe their perception of life is a bit blurred and they cant tell the difference between driving on the road and playing their play station.
I suppose some people feel that they have to make up for some inadequacies.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Sat, 12 April 2003 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to get that all the time in my old ta22 in brisbane - cept it usually came out the victor of any challenges from fullsic lancers and pulsars .. ( the usual take them till the speed limit or third gear - whatever came first - then let them buzz by )

The GT4 on the otherhand - is now becoming the local " target " in my small country yobbo town where B'n'S v8 utes and VN SS's are the " cars to have ! "

Ive had 4 VN - VS commodorks try to tempt me into a drag ( yeah right guys - a 6 pack Familybarge against a turbo 4 sportscar) this usally happens when im TURNING a corner - ie in the left lane - stationary - ready to putter around the corner when the lights change .. I usually get left in the smoking residue of Re - caps ..

Now on a straight 2 lane piece of road - even just normal accelleration in the GT4 would cause these guys to think twice.

Boost is a lovely thing
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: hoon protocol? Sat, 12 April 2003 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah this seems to happen a bit to me in my celica coz its got a half-loud exhaust, but then in my mums 97 falcon (dead stock mind you), i attract about 3 times as much attention, mostly from other p platers in commodores, but even mid life crisis types in ss's... geez
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: hoon protocol? Sat, 12 April 2003 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just recently i finished my vh charger project and if you think any of these stories are bad i get 'HEY CHARGER' at nearly every set of lights where there is a vl commodore followed by a try hard burnout and revving of their motors to something riduculous where you think 'damn thats gonna blow any second'

and i WAS thinking of putting some flames up the side and over the bonnet Laughing
mr supra
Regular

July 2002

Re: hoon protocol? Sun, 13 April 2003 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its funny but I have the opposite problem. Usually people that stand a chance (or at least I think they do) won't run me, put my girlfriend in the car and everybody wants to have a run. I just don't get it. I'll watch these guys hoonin off lights everywhere, then I get near 'em and they stop! The supra looks almost dead stock now and all.
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Sun, 13 April 2003 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu, you forgot to mention the amount of VL's in Colac too. There was one really nice VL Calais I think it was green. Saw that drive past KFC a few times when I was there!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Mon, 14 April 2003 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vl turbo's were the " thing to have " but now its v8 Vn commodores or WB utes with BNS crap all over them .. all the young fellas have a Holden phase ..

it stared with SLX Vh's with 253's , then the vl turbo's - now its VN ..

next year it will ne Vs ss's .. this is definantly a holden bogan town ..
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: hoon protocol? Mon, 14 April 2003 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Mon, 14 April 2003 18:04

vl
next year it will ne Vs ss's .. this is definantly a holden bogan town ..

then you have nothing to worry about, holdens suck !
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Mon, 14 April 2003 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just remember that really nice green VL Calais!

Give me a VS SS, or torana......
Yeah, I've got a friend who does all those B&S things and he's got a early 90's land cruiser with the kenwood mud flaps, spotties, cb radio and of course the swag rolled up on the back tray!!!!

And Holden Don't suck!!!! Mad
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: hoon protocol? Mon, 14 April 2003 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well.. yeah, they do... Just a little??

Holdens and fords.. they seem to be very similar.
Toyotas are nice cars however.

Very Happy
Katsu
Ford/Holden Hater
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Tue, 15 April 2003 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, they do have their differences. Except the new BA falcon's look like a VX commodore! And the new Commodores look like a Camry front end and a magna back end.

But for comfort and interior space Holden wins hands down!

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Tue, 15 April 2003 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne - thats why i bought a Gt4 .. too many damn holden bogans and now WRX high class bogans too..

i still think i might have to put Bundy rum stickers all over the GT4 to fit in though
mr supra
Regular

July 2002

Re: hoon protocol? Tue, 15 April 2003 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the BA's look nothing like a commondore. they are similar in the fact that they have 4 wheels, but thats about it. I don't know about interior space either, as I believe the falcons have always had it over the commodores in that area, and if they don't have, well I'm going to be biased now anyway Razz
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Tue, 15 April 2003 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They don't have the interior space, I'm 6ft tall, I should know. Plus the roof line with the way it curves if you're not careful you hit your head and the wheel arch from the back wheels comes so far into the cabin in the car it's akward to get into the back seat and uncomfortable to sit in.

Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Wed, 16 April 2003 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob, was the car a Commodore?

Anyway, I was driving to work today and there was this VS weaving in and out of traffic and when someone high beamed the guy, the dude in the VS kept cutting that person off...like he would drive in front of them, slow down, wait for the other person to change lanes, and he would change lanes and keep doing it.

After watching this, I drove up to the Commo and the driver was like 45yo and the Excel driver was a 25yo chick.
???

So then I drove next to the Excel chick for a bit (She was HOT) ... then I drove next to the guy and he was feeling quite uneasy, and sped off.

Since I've been driving I've noticed that all Commo drivers don't like getting overtaken or driven past. I dunno why, but they drive 80ks on the freeway, u go past them, and then they go 130ks past u and slow back down to 80ks.

And from behind, the BA looks pretty similar to the VY. My uncle works at GMH at Fishermans Bend and he tests cars for a living. Pretty cool job I think. Anyway, he was telling me how he tested the XR6 T and was saying how the engine and mechanicals were excellent, but said that the interior was crap and there was lots of road noise (compared to the Holden) ... he also said that Holden got a while to go to catch up.

Oh well, thats his words...never been in either car, so I don't know. Actually I been in an XR6 and it was quite nice.
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Wed, 16 April 2003 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't been in the 2 new one's either. I've been in the VX and the AU and VX wins hands down as far as comfort and looks goes. Have never driven an AU so I can't tell the difference but my dad has driven both and the Magna's and the Camery's and thinks the the Magna drive's really well but to sit in isn't great. In the end my dad opted for the commodore!
mr supra
Regular

July 2002

Re: hoon protocol? Wed, 16 April 2003 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another commy driver!!! Wink

I've driven a magna a little, bottom end response was nice, ut thats about it. They are scary at high speed, they seem to float all over the place.

I have to say though, that the AU had a fuggen ugly dash. blurk, worst thing of them I think. I actually quite like the styling. Think it was a very bold move and wish that more manufacturers would step away from where its safe.
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Thu, 17 April 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with you there Mr Supra. They did take a risk in stepping away from the normal. I'll give them points for that, but unfortunalty what they ended up with wasn't that great. They look like they've melted but not as bad as the Taurus!
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Thu, 17 April 2003 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally, I think both BA and VY, whilst ordinary cars, actually do look O.K, particularly in their respective Tickford/HSV guises...
If I was going to own any of them, I think a nice Grange would be what I'd go after. (Those things have BUCKETLOADS of space, and look good to boot, IMHO!)
mr supra
Regular

July 2002

Re: hoon protocol? Thu, 17 April 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i'd have to have an xr6t, but i'd like to see if the rumoured hipo version is coming. OR if the HO does get 375kw 620nm job then i think it could be a little fun. might even be more than that actually as that motor is only 3 valve.

they did melt the au bit. was not so bad with auIII though, mainly yhe headlights weren't as huge seeming
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: hoon protocol? Tue, 22 April 2003 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would still rather have my toyota.
you want a family car - buy a cresiida. You want it fast, add a 1J

seriously, falcon vs commodore can be argued for years. Every model one gets something better than the other, and then the other fixes that to better the other, then the other makes something else better to knock the other one...... you get wher eim going.
I just think they are similar. Yes i know they are different, but they are the same type of car with such resounding similarities that the only question to ask when you chose either is "am i a ford or holden person?"... not "which car is better"

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Tue, 22 April 2003 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had some Red P plater in a Mirage cut me off last night on the way home from Maccas. Came from the right lane to turn left. No other car in sight behind me. Mad
Just high beamed it (which in my car is bloody bright) & on the horn. Thought about chasing it down the side street with the spotties on, but couldn't be bothered.

I have to say that the BA Falcon is way ahead of the VY. I'm about to get a BA ute for work, and I've hosed a supercharged VY "S" with a stock BA Falcon XT(I'm talking about multiple car lengths upto 80km/h) & wasn't he pissed!! Laughing

At least one of the big two has decided that twin cam is the way to go. Smile
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: hoon protocol? Thu, 24 April 2003 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just think how crap one of them would be if the other had stopped producing twenty years ago
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Thu, 24 April 2003 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They still are crap! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

kyler
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: hoon protocol? Sat, 03 May 2003 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I took a BA Fairmont out (work car) last week and it was very sweet. Immaculate interior and it hauled ass when I put the foot down. Only prob was it was an auto and if you ask me, sportsmatic transmission is the lamest thing since the Ford KA.

Although Toyotas are and will always be my fave cars, I am a real fan of the kf tx3, and the reason I dont like holden is cause so many people do. Razz
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Sat, 03 May 2003 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Mon, 07 April 2003 19:49

Yeah, these ppl next to me rev it and then force me to beat them doing silly things... Laughing Laughing Laughing ...

Nah, kidding...

My mate is like that though... We run up till 60 and he keeps going... Doesn't stop for ages...

i love people like that, its like why the fuck did you stop Rolling Eyes
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: hoon protocol? Sun, 04 May 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha... It's called a license Juzzo... Thats the baby that I don't wanna lose...
waynewatson
Regular

May 2003
Re: hoon protocol? Thu, 12 June 2003 04:25 Go to previous message
the same pulling out antics happens to me (like ra23celicachick above). I thought it was because mine is cream coloured.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cold weather can be good and bad...
Next Topic:Sick Of Sydney Drivers!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 21:14:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092060565948486 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.