Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » AE86 sprinter steering boss???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
black_fox
Occasional Poster

March 2003
AE86 sprinter steering boss??? Sat, 26 April 2003 09:04 Go to next message
Went to supercheap auto and they told me they had no boss kit to fit the sprinter properly can anyone clue me in here??

Thanks,

Mikey
  Send a private message to this user    
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 sprinter steering boss??? Sun, 27 April 2003 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it's an autotechnica one, i had one that fit.

i'll find the code for it if iremember, but for now maybe u could do a search n look for the thread where i mentioned the boss kit code for it
HaciRoku
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: AE86 sprinter steering boss??? Sun, 27 April 2003 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You might want to try autobarn, they sell it for $79.95 it's an autotechnica one ....
black_fox
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: AE86 sprinter steering boss??? Mon, 28 April 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah well they said they have one that fits (at supercheap) but he said it needs some kind of adapter or it won't work and yeap they do sell the autotechnica one. Has anyone else had this kind of trouble??
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: AE86 sprinter steering boss??? Thu, 01 May 2003 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my girlfriend brought me a wheel and boss for my sprinter 4 my birthday, she managed to get one that had no dramas with indicator clerance (thats what you need the spacer from supercheap for). its from auto 1 and it is made by an italian company that i have never heard of and cant remember its name. so try auto 1 and when they give you a blank look keep trying cause they do have one.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: AE86 sprinter steering boss??? Thu, 01 May 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How bizzarre! I was just down at Supercheap Auto tonite and was asking them if they had any spacers ... got a blank look:

"As far as I know, only the boss and the wheel go together ... nothing else inbetween ..." Shocked

Anyway, I shall get my 5mm spacer for my Autotecnica Boss this Saturday. $110 but at least it's a quality product from Racegear Revolution with the right clearance for me.

Unfortunately I will have to ditch my existing Autotecnica wheel and upgrade to a MOMO or something with similar boltings - I'll give it to the Autotecnica boss though as they are compatible with MOMO and the likes.

I spoke briefly with the guys at Racegear Revolution and they apparently told me that ADR regulations only allow the boss to be the same size as the original wheel, which probably explains why we don't get Sprinter boss that are extended ... not here in Australia anyway ...
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 sprinter steering boss??? Thu, 01 May 2003 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok the number that's on my Autotechnica Steering wheel boss kit is 401

Here's an old thread that I found in the search u lazy bastard Smile
http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=6529&rid=244&S=50e642319e163749d3c e087f177f1928&pl_view=&start=0#msg_53973

I put the boss kit on..And yeh.. It fits. Nothing else.

Also I had this boss kit on my 85 sprinter, and now it's on my 83 sprinter. Coz I read something where they said they changed the steering columns or something? Well there was no difference in my 83 or 85 sprinter.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: AE86 sprinter steering boss??? Sun, 04 May 2003 15:45 Go to previous message
FWIW, just a quick update ... Lil_Mic's right with the Autotecnica part number.

I finally splashed out and blew my budget for the week but getting a 5mm spacer. This meant having to get a Momo steering wheel however I was able to retain the Autotecnica boss - testimony as to its great value being able to fit all sorts of steering wheels. I believe that it's $80 price is good value considering Momo boss kits probably go for over $100 and can only fit their own brand wheels.

Not sure about the SAAS ones but I'd assume that they also have drillings to fit Momo as well.

Now I just have to get a horn cover.

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/magneticrose/Momo2.JPG
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Head unit wanted
Next Topic:7M-GTE 550cc injectors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 11:59:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043549537658691 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.