Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » possible toymods club starting in queensland soon

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 09:06 Go to next message
guys i think we have more than enough people here to start a queensland branch of toymods....

im sure you would all have said to yourselves at least once "id like to join toymods but they are all in NSW so whats the point ?" ....well lets start a toymods branch here, there is no reason why we cant, (apart from the name that will have to be discussed with the owners or the southern version, i will talk to Rod Try and see what he says)

i think the best way we could start something is obviously to meet first, have a chat see what we can put together

anybody have any ideas ?

looks like there could be a cruise on the 7th july, i think that would be a good chance to get started or at least a headstart

im thinking of a late july meet, maybe a bbq at a park then go for a cruise ?

we can do this who is interested ?
  Send a private message to this user    
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it would be an awesome idea. There is already a Brisbane Celica club but i have not attended it yet as i feel it is a bit far away. maybe something more central to brisbane or a little on the northside would be good.

celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kool ok we have two people so far Rolling

how did you go with those seats i gave you mate ?....did you ever get around to putting them in yet ?
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
May be interested. Rolling
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh celicamad i didnt realize it was you. yeh thanks heaps for the seats. turned out the seats had a slightly different bolt pattern to my standard ones. and wouldnt fit. but i got the headrests off them and gave them a good home and i realy like the adjustable bit on them.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in albion

Celica_RA40 your near redcliffe right ?

wherearebouts are you appolo ?

good to know whereabouts is everyone so we can plan the meet location so everybody will be able to come
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh im near Klangger as the locals call it( kallangur) which is prolly about 15 ks from redcliffe
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Next suburb over at Petrie.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak i'll be interested, a Qld Toymods would be good.
Golum
Regular

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm interested grr i just sent my membership thing out to sydney Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes i can't make the 7th july meet but i'll make a later one (as my car is in sydney atm).
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres already a toyota club in brisbane - as mentioned the celica car club - noted on the other thread about this
We have numerous member in numerous makes - not just celicas - but supras , MR2's , camrys corollas - and even coronas

Alot of our club members are members on here as well - were looking for more people to join up if anyones interested.

We may not carry the "toymods" franchise - but we still do alot of the similar things such as cruises and meets ..

My idea here is Instead of starting up another club - why not support another club that does exactly the same things and already has ties with toymods???

just so everyone knows - we hold our general meeting at 7:30pm , at beaudesert road ( motorama 4x4 dealership there )

A good number attend - and are most willing to chat about their cars or offer ideas and stuff -

If anyones interested on further details - email me and ill pass on the details on how to contact us

Stuart

" my pig squeals louder "
Golum
Regular

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh yeah i'm in the middle of the city (west end)
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bugger - forgot

Brisbane celeica club - soon to be known as toyota car club or something Smile ( its late im tired - and ive lost my monthly mag bugger it !! )
7:30pm - first tuesday evening of every month - motorama 4x4 on beaudesert Road -

strutto
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in for either club...

I've thought many a time about joining the NSW chapter... but like everyone says, apart from giving some financial support to this excellent club, why would I bother? I think a QLD Toymods would be sweet.

I'm on the Gold Coast but travelling to Brissy aint a prob. My Corolla does it 5 days a week... Laughing

Classique71: Whats involved in joining the current Toyota club? How many members does it have? What do you get up to? Am I asking too many questions? Very Happy
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sat, 22 June 2002 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu,

can you email me please
jemima@winshop.com.au

need to speak you about 'renting' probably buying one for the carbies (2t) you have for an afternoon....transporting a car from the city to home and the current carbie rubbers have collapsed, making the exhaust fumes deadly

wayne
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested in the Queensland club, but i dont have a licence!
Maybe i can just tag along with you wayne, or john.
justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there in late October 2002, the Celica should be up there by mid November along with my four-legged car alarm. "Bundy" the 40kg fluffy Samoyed AKA "The ARTIC KILLING MACHINE".

Justin

A QLD version of Toymods sounds like fun, but whats wrong with the Celica Car Club of Brisbane? I don't know a lot about their club but its already up and running and I think they included all Toyotas.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt realise the celica club included all toyotas until stuart said so

i think toymods qld idea sort of died in the ass overnight anyway

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think perhaps we should start by all meeting before working out if we want to extend toymods or join the brisbane one.
The main reason I haven't looked into the brisbane club is that it is so far away for us northsiders. I think a few other people feel the same way and have the same prob.
Anyways a BBQ sounds cool.
I'm in Bray Park.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 June 2002 04:53] by Moderator

celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i been thinking and i dont see we couldnt have a qld toymods AND the bris celica club, who said there only needs to be one club ?

i can see some support from the northies!!....go the norfies
and soufies dont seem interested, hmm what a trend

are you coming on the cruise 7th july, Libby ?
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm hoping to get my first toyota in the next week or so so a QLD branch interests me greatly, although, i must say, im not planning on having my car on the road until at least next year.

Is the current brisbane based club called CCCQ or something? I've heard all these references to it, but never found anything on the net.

while I am happy to support an existing qld club, the ability to talk with people in your club on a forum like toymods cannot be over-rated. If i cant find anything on the net about the celica car club, or they dont have a forum like toymods, I am unlikely to join.

So, for that reason, I would love to see a QLD branch of toymods, even tho, i dont think much would change would it Smile Not like we need a separate forum or anything.

My thoughts

Esteban
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with Esteban. The Qld ToyMods club would be a great idea.
I hav'nt heard too much at about the other club around here which leads me to think that they dont do much at all!
Just my thoughts.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shall we set a date of 28th July to meet ?....who can make this date...i want everyone who wants to be there to be able to make it

venue ?...the big sports oval on gympie road 2 minutes past chermside shopping centre ?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can make the 28th. And i should be able to ride my pushy over there.
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wooo hoo grass skids on the chermside oval Smile nah only joking

sounds like a good date to meet up. maybe discuss it more while we are on the cruise.

Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meetup on next friday? Sounds good. Not too far from here either. Smile I'm free until the 22nd july when tafe starts again. I suspect RA is currently free from tafe too. Smile

Lets do it early so I can go and pick up my copy of NWN in the arvo. Razz
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak well, some poeple like the idea of a Qld Toymods chapter, where some like the idea of a club that's already up and running. the celica club as mentioned before is changing it's name, to toyota car club of brisbane (something along those lines), why not merge into the Qld branch of toymods, or toymods car club of brisbane, in one go, it still would be a seperate club from toymods nsw, but be a toymods affiliated one at the same time, so we could still all use the same forum etc. maybe someone who is a member of the ccc could put the idea across at their next meeting?? that's my idea's anyway.(now my brain hurts)!
as for the 28th of july, i should have enougth feul by then, i'll let you know closer to the date, when a time and place is organized, i should be there, with bells on. Grin

oh. i just noticed in my diary i have a sound-off here in bundy on the 27th. arr, ummm yeah i'll still be there!

[Updated on: Sun, 23 June 2002 10:01]

Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
erm apollo it says 28th july not june Smile which is over a month away.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jEEZUS ! - blloody buggy forum page - 4th login attempt and it finally works

ANYWAY

multi-reply:

celicamad85 - wayne - you can have my 2t single carb + manifold+ linkage for 50 dollars - i dont need it seeing i have a 45 mill weber on my 2T-B now. its already been swapped over to manual choke + mechanical secondaries - and was rebuilt 2 years ago ..

To everyone else - regarding the celica car club ( soon to be toyota club ) best thing is i can suggest is jump in your car this coming tuesday - the 2nd of julky and come to our meeting - its ot THAT hard to come down to see us at beaudesert road - seeing its not too far off the pacific highway where we meet for ourr general meeting - All questions can be naswered to those who are GENUINLY interested in joining a growing and well known toyota club already here in brisbane

As for what we do - a few examples are weekend cruises, night runs ( navigation + orienteering ) club dinners , and we now should be able to branch into a few more exciting events like shows since we now have public liability coverage .
I know theres a Dyno day approaching soon - that im going to attend .

This has been one reason as far as i know for the limited amounts of things we can do - as rod mentioned on the other thread - toymnods coverage only covers stuff for them down there - they have no coverage for insurance claims against a club up here - for insyance if " toymods QLD " hold a event - and someone breaks their leg or runs over someone - they have NO coverage - no insurance - no fall back ..

Anyway - once again - for those GENUINLEY interested in joining up with us and having some fun with other toyota heads - come along to our meeting - first tuesday - every month at 7:30pm - beaudesert road 4x4 motorama

Ill be there this coming one with my ta22

Stuart
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I was all for the QLD tomods club until Stuart raised his head about the insurance crap.
Thats something to really look into. Maybe if there is enough people interested we can get our own insurance.

BTW, I'm not having a go at you Stuart. Just in case you were wondering about how i put my words.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celica_RA40 wrote on Sun, 23 June 2002 8:03 PM

erm apollo it says 28th july not june Smile which is over a month away.

DOH! I was getting excited. Razz I don't know if I'll be able to make that one then yet.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool 1 - its ok mate - im just explaining the facts - public liablilty is a REAL bastard - wonder why they didnt have the 4's and rotaries nationals at dubbo this year - As far as i know - that was one of the big killers of the event there.

to hold big events you need cover - or else our asking for trouble.

theres many car *clubs * out there holding stuff all the time but their absolutelty screwed if something goes wrong if they ahve no cover

The idea of toymods forum members - meeting up for a gudday is cool by me - but to form a proper fully functioning club event you really need to have the backing to do so - this is WHY i said to come with the toyota club that im with - we have the coverage - we can hold the stuff - and it is good fun if theres plenty of interest

for about $40 bux a year - your arse is covered.

stuart
strutto
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be able to make it to the meet on 28th July.

I don't think I'll be able to make it to the Celica club meet on 2nd July but it sounds interesting. Hopefully the next one.

Classique: Keep us informed re the dyno day. Navigation nights sound good also Smile Does the club have a web presence / forum? I think a forum makes a hell of a difference to a club.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strutto wrote on Sun, 23 June 2002 8:23 PM

Classique: Keep us informed re the dyno day. Navigation nights sound good also Smile Does the club have a web presence / forum? I think a forum makes a hell of a difference to a club.

Strutt - im working on the web presence - ill have a chat again hopefully this coming tuesday with the vice pres - he's moderator on a yahoo group we have - though at the moment its pretty quiet due to current name changes as well - and its for members only

Try and make it to the meet if you can mate - its much easier to explain stuff there - with all the right info than the 60% gap filled stuff i have in my head and at hand - if not - keep in touch ...

stuart
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stu i cant buy your carb for $50 mate but i will buy it for $70 Wink (gotcha covered mate)

Shane if you want a lift to the celica club meeting 2nd july i can come around to pick you up, you are only 5 minutes away no dramas

the insurance thing would be a pain, i emailed rod try asking a few things, but havnt heard back yet, the idea i put forth was to have a qld toymods club completely financially seperate from the NSW division but still recognised and affiliated with toymods (i.e. same logo stickers etc. (this is something i actually can make at home as i have a vinyl cutting machine, anyway))

the presence of these forums is great to keep the toymodders together, i think we all should be working towards merging of the qld clubs, obviously this decision is mostly going to be in the hands of the president of the celica club, i think a qld toymods club will happen either way

cheers
Wayne

Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm after thinking about it it may be wise to go and check out the club down south first. The thing with the insurance is definately a killer.

as for the meetup on the 28th only in the evening would be suitable as i am starting to work 5 days a week.

and the celica club turning into the toyota club is a bit better too which would help cater for more. and who knows it could always become affiliated with toymods.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the consideration Wayne, I may take you up on that offer.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne - re carb - done deal - Drop us a note in my email (nutahraptor@iprimus.com.au) about when ucan pop around or if you are goign to be at the club meeting - ill bring it with me..

Ill try asking amanda ( celcia club prez ) if we are officially offiliated with toymods in any way as well - and see what she knows about it at the comong meet - - ill also ask about thw web page options , forum and so on as well if i get the chance

Stuart

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak wayne, mmmmmm. vinyl cutting machine! i'll have to keep you in mind. very handy tool. Smile
Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Hi Guys Sun, 23 June 2002 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys and Girls,

I have been following this thread with a bit of interest.

I was wondering if one of you gentlemen could do me a favour and ask at the CCCQ Meeting whether or not they plan to be holding The Nationals in Dubbo next yeat at Easter?????

I am just curious, with all this talk about Public Liability Insurance etc. I would be very interested to know if the CCCQ insurance covers them to host an event in NSW???? Such as the Toyota Nationals.

I know for the past two years the Nationals were not able to go ahead due to Insurance issues etc and would be interested to find out off the appropriate CCCQ board member if the previous hassles that were encountered have been ironed out.

Thanks in advance
strutto
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Sun, 23 June 2002 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique: Would love to go this month but I am moving into the house I just finished building on that day Sad

Sounds like your going to ask all the right questions on the night anyway. Make sure you let us know.

I would have to agree with the insurance though. If you already have public liability insurance, it's going to be heaps easier if we join the current club.

If they agree to affiliate with Toymods, then I guess we don't need a separate forum do we? Maybe qnix might even give em some of their webspace... Rolling
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Tue, 25 June 2002 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wanting to know if the meeting is still going ahead this weekend?
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Tue, 25 June 2002 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
erm i dont think there was a meeting this weekend.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Tue, 25 June 2002 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is'nt there one on the 2nd july?
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Tue, 25 June 2002 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhh the one for the celica club
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Tue, 25 June 2002 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats the one.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Thu, 27 June 2002 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes the meeting will be held on the 2nd of July, just as it is on the first Tuesday of every month. Everyone is welcome, the more the merrier! Smile FWIW I'm the club secretary of the CCCQ this year.

The CCCQ would certainly welcome ToyMods members. As has already been mentioned, we are in the process of changing our name to the Toyota Car Club of Australia (or something like that, can't remember the exact name) pending the approval of Toyota's legal eagles. For quite some time now we have accepted members who don't own Celicas - you just need to own a Toyota to be a full member.

The club has existed since the early 70's, and we have all the infrastructure in place to run a fully functional club. We are incorporated, we have public liability insurance (this is a big deal these days, and quite expensive), we have CAMS affiliation via the Marque club, we have a constitution, we have a good financial base, we have sponsorship, we publish a monthly newsletter, we have an established committee, and so on and so on. Sure you can do all of this yourself, but you're looking at a LOT of effort and a fair amount of money to set it all up. Why bother when there is an existing club which offers everything you need and already has close ties with ToyMods?

I might add that the Brisbane MR2 club has already merged with us, as they saw the hurdle of incorporation and insurance as too great for their relatively small group - so they chose to support an existing club instead of duplicating all that effort on their own. A wise decision IMO.

If anyone wants a membership form, let me know and I'll email you a copy. Smile
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Thu, 27 June 2002 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norbie you make it sound so good Grin

can you send me a membershp form please ?

email is jemima@winshop.com.au
strutto
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Thu, 27 June 2002 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Thu, 27 June 2002 7:06 PM

If anyone wants a membership form, let me know and I'll email you a copy. Smile

Send one this way please Norbie... strutto99@iprimus.com.au

As has already been mentioned, we are in the process of changing our name to the Toyota Car Club of Australia (or something like that, can't remember the exact name) pending the approval of Toyota's legal eagles.

How long has it been with the lawyers?

The club has existed since the early 70's, and we have all the infrastructure in place to run a fully functional club. We are incorporated, we have public liability insurance (this is a big deal these days, and quite expensive), we have CAMS affiliation via the Marque club, we have a constitution, we have a good financial base, we have sponsorship, we publish a monthly newsletter, we have an established committee, and so on and so on.

But what about a t-shirt and a sticker? Razz Just jokes.

What the BCCC already has certainly would make the idea of starting another Toyota club kinda pointless. I think I'll come to the next after next meeting (not this Tuesday) and check it out...
Golum
Regular

May 2002

Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Thu, 27 June 2002 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
send one my way please Laughing Laughing Laughing
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Thu, 27 June 2002 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norbie can you please send a application form to jaygraham@iprimus.com.au

and you gunna show up for the cruise on the 7th?

all going well i should be able to make it down to the meeting on the 2nd
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Thu, 27 June 2002 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod

What norbie said -!

he covered most of the points i was tryign to get to in better detail ( ta norbie )

Talked to Amanda ( CCCQ current prez ) tonite - She also mentioned to pass on her email address for any other questions people may have - but make sure it has something like toymods or celica club in the topic since its her work email

Emails skennerton@mission.com.au

Re tshirts + stickers - they available too i think Smile

Nods to norbies other points re clubs merging + financial issues with setting up club basis - he hit the nail on the head - it aint pretty so its better to support whats already proven to be a sound club basis

Anyway - fellas and fella-ettes - get your bums along to the meeting this coming tuesday ( 2nd july ) and we'll hope to see you there

Stuart
Celica_RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Thu, 27 June 2002 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who else is gunna go to the meeting?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Thu, 27 June 2002 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be there - Bog_stocka - i hope too if he hasnt got Exams
( mmmm his dad's 18rg ra23 is YUMMY! ), Norbie - otherwise we wont have the sech-a-tary for three - i think celicamad85 mentioned he'd be there - yourself - if your keen. I think a few others have expressed interest on this topic - it would be nice to see them follow up on the interest

strutto
Regular

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Thu, 27 June 2002 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would love to be there but I don't think I'll be able to make it. Am moving into my house that has taken 8 months to build. Sad

Anyone who has moved house will know what a hectic time it is. Add 2 young kids into the occasion and it's even harder... Oh woe is me.... Freak

I'll try to get there if I can... How long does the meet usually go for and how do I get there?
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Fri, 28 June 2002 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie: that all sounds great, but do cccq have a meeting point on the web? Phone calls really suck, especially if you happen to get out of the loop. Forums are real time, convenient, and multicast, which costs less, and can attract new members too.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Fri, 28 June 2002 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We have a Yahoo group - but thats currently for members only - theres also a webpage that has not been updated for eons - but no forum

Ive been trying to start organising a webpage for the club - similar to this one though the name changer and so on - and finding out more infos taking its time - we will have one eventually, somehow or another

Stuart
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Fri, 28 June 2002 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
testing avatar
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Fri, 28 June 2002 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strutto wrote on Thu, 27 June 2002 7:59 PM

How long has it been with the lawyers?

Way too long... it's been over 12 months now. The wheels turn slowly when it's not making them any money...
Quote:

But what about a t-shirt and a sticker? Razz Just jokes.

Haha... as a matter of fact we do have a range of stickers, t-shirts and other merchandise. Smile
Quote:

What the BCCC already has certainly would make the idea of starting another Toyota club kinda pointless. I think I'll come to the next after next meeting (not this Tuesday) and check it out...

Great - I look forward to meeting you, and any other interested parties. We always welcome new members, or people who just want to drop by and see what we're about.

Instead of emailing an application form to everyone, I've uploaded it to my web site. You can get it here:
http://www.norbie.net/cccq/membership_application. doc
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible toymods club starting in queensland soon Tue, 02 July 2002 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Just a quick reminder fo all interested

CCCQ car club meeting is tonite - be there or be square

7:30pm Beaudesert Rd Motorama 4x4
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Next Cruise day ?
Next Topic:cruize 7th july
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:44:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087969303131104 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.