Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

You Get The Best At Pedders Thu, 24 April 2003 01:15 Go to next message
this makes for some interesting reading about Pedders , it was sent to me as an email from an unknown source

Pedders, the real story

[Updated on: Thu, 24 April 2003 01:20]

Send a private message to this user  
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Thu, 24 April 2003 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That link doesnt work anymore! If your refering to this: http://www.fukron.au.tt/

See these threads Very Happy :
http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=12773&start=0&rid=42&S=5455ed3 72686c57d7888d90af6b82308
http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=12792&start=0&rid=42&S=5455ed3 72686c57d7888d90af6b82308

[Updated on: Thu, 24 April 2003 06:58]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Thu, 24 April 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope the link still works as it seems to auto shift every few minutes

If it doesent post youre email and ill foward the auto link to you

[Updated on: Thu, 24 April 2003 01:25]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Thu, 24 April 2003 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
link should work now
Sprinter
Regular

September 2002
Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Thu, 24 April 2003 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just go to http://www.fukron.au.tt/

The original link has a bunch of Hotmail baggage that needs cleaning out.
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Thu, 24 April 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can someone summarise what the link says?? dont really feel like reading it all
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Thu, 24 April 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basically the owner of the Pedders name(Ron Pedders) drove one of its franchise owners out of business!
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Thu, 24 April 2003 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm explains a fair bit about their suspension
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Thu, 24 April 2003 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, i just took the time to read it, and am kinda glad i did. i WILL NOT be dealing with pedders at all.

i was quite suprised at this bit :

Quote:

The big top secret Pedders does not want anybody to know is that their shock absorbers are made by Monroe. As we all know Monroe Shocks are way cheaper than Pedders brand
shocks and are the same thing with red paint on them instead of Monroe blue!! Their front end parts are all made in Taiwan, in the cheapest factory Ron could find, re-boxed
and re-badged with the Pedders logo on it and sold for top dollar their polyurethane bushes are made by Red Ranger (Nolathane).The icing on the cake is that Pedders own Rally
cars do not utilise Pedders shocks or struts they use Bilstein!! How is that for trusting your own products!!
Pedders foam cell 4x4 shocks are the biggest load of shit on the market as they have a high failure rate especially on coil sprung vehicles like Nissan patrols. I should know,
because all we did at our O'connor store was change over 4x4 shocks under warranty!! There were alot of unhappy Pedders customers.

Confused
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Thu, 24 April 2003 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah... i was pretty unimpressed. All the more reason to support the small businesses out there guys!
CMY-747
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Thu, 24 April 2003 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is all bull shit, friends of mine own a franchise, the guy that made is a pyschopath, he had his franchise taken off him because of the way he treated clients.

i run have run pedders for 4 years, and never had a problem. and my car gets abused every time it leaves the shed.

ring the owner of the franchise that this guy lost and ask him how his business is going, the guy that made that web page got assulted by clients because of the way he treated them.

and the guy that took over the franchise has been punched from the other guys screw ups.

any way decide for yourselves, but i stand behind my local pedders people 100% for product and service.

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Thu, 24 April 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that website is destirbing

in my books there are 3 sides to every story
your side, their side and then there is the truth
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Thu, 24 April 2003 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sure theres a lot more to the story on both sides but as I read it, there was more than just his franchise treated the same way.....im not supporting either side but I have to say from my own experiences that pedders products and customer support have not always been my preferred choice...but again thats just my personal opinion from my own experiences..im sure that theres people who have had quite a different interaction with the company and its representatives
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Fri, 25 April 2003 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to agree with IRA11Y on this one i have seen pedders and monro shocks fail in a matter of weeks of install. Their customer service is not what its cracked up to be as is their workmanship. But and heres the big but there are always two sides to a story and im not renouned for having the best luck in the world.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Fri, 25 April 2003 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive read this website (http://www.fukron.au.tt/)and if what he has written is true i think he has totally gone the wrong way about getting the story out there i mean isnt this guy just setting himself up for a defamation case?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Fri, 25 April 2003 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my experiencese with pedders (anonymous store):

I get my N13 pulsar hatch booked in for new tyres. I mention to the guy at the counter that i have noticed a slight knocking/wobbling coming from the car, and i think it might be my ball joints on the way out. And asked if the mechanic could check it out.
I was told it was $25 for a 12 point (or whatever) safety inspection, so i paid the $25 just to be safe.

I collect my car later that day. Salesman at the counter informed me that my steering rack was completely rooted, and required replacement at $280- for the rack, plus 1.5 hours labour. And that this was the problem, nothing else. I even asked the mechanic who worked on the car on the way out. He was adament that the only problem i had was the steering rack, and that's what was causing the knocking noises. He also said it would be ok for me to drive to brisbane with it like that (holiday coming up)

To say i was dubious would be an understatement. So i took the car a week later to a small family mechanic's business in blacktown "Fletcher's Automotive". WIthin 15 minutes the owner diagnosed that the right hand tie rod end was on the way out, and that ALSO the right hand ball joint was busted. He said that it would be cheaper to get a reco'd steering rack than replace the tie rod (nissan made it difficult to replace just the ends) at $290 fitted, and the ball joint at $80 fitted. I agreed, left the car with them, since they seriously recommended getting it all fixed before leaving for QLD.

In the end it was BOTH ball joints and the steering rack (damn weak N13)...... well done pedders!
I was shown by the mechanic the busted parts after the job was done - and i can't see how a trained mechanic could've NOT noticed them!

[Updated on: Fri, 25 April 2003 01:37]

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Fri, 25 April 2003 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 25 April 2003 09:35

ive read this website (http://www.fukron.au.tt/)and if what he has written is true i think he has totally gone the wrong way about getting the story out there i mean isnt this guy just setting himself up for a defamation case?

Whats to lose when you have lost everything?
One of my friends is a law student\para legal for one of Brisbanes better law firms(will not mention names) and they deal with the Law Firm mentioned, his reaction to them was "Bunch of weasily pricks"
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Fri, 25 April 2003 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright, I guess it's time to bring out the Pedders stories then.

A mate of mine took his AE82 twincam into a local pedders, & asked for some sports ryders springs & shocks. No worries, they said, come back at the end of the day.
He got back, the car was lower, not as much as he wanted but it was better, & it was all looking good. At this time they told him it would take about 1 month for the springs to completely settle! Shocked First worry.
So anyway, he drives it home, & it's handling a bit better, but it scrubs out real hard round corners. And I mean, real hard! So he gets underneath to check out where it's scrubbing, & suss the suspension, & what sort of shocks are they?
Pedders Comfort Gas shocks. Mad
So he took it back to Pedders on his next day off, & asked them what the deal was, & was told, oh, we don't make sports ryders for your car, so we just put the comfort gas ones in. & we don't have your old suspension any more. But we can get you a set of konis for another $400.

As the people in stories like this do, my mate went ahead & dished out even more cash for the konis. But then he needed different struts, he had to use AE92 ones I think?
So it's put on hold for a month, while these "hard to find struts" are being sent from WA or somewhere like that. Eventually they come, & my mate takes his car up to get fixed, & gets told sorry, we've lost them!
Bring your car back tomorrow, we'll have another set by then!
So the struts went from being something that took 1 month to get to being available in a day. About 2 weeks later we were at a wreckers who had about 5 sets.
Finally he got the konis put in, which made his car alot better, but it still scrubs out a bit, & doesn't handle as well as it should for the money spent on it.

He was really impressed to hear about that website. Very Happy
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Sat, 26 April 2003 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when it all comes down to it i think its the owner of the franchise that is responsible for his/her workshop.
i have a relative who has had a pedders franchise for about a year now and really i wouldnt trust anybody else, but thats just me.
i will ask him if he's heard anything about this osbourne park guy to see if theres another side.
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Sun, 27 April 2003 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

So the struts went from being something that took 1 month to get to being available in a day.

makes it ironic that their slogan is NO BULL.
cargzm
Newcomer

April 2003
Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Sun, 27 April 2003 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Im new. Very Happy

formalitys aside, heres a story from the other side of the tasman.

I have an AE101 levin, and after humming and harring about which springs to get, I decided on pedders as they did a wikid job of the old mans holden ute.

They reken at pedders that it'd lower my car around 40ml. I could've gone lower but I thought 40 would be enough for now. So after they were put in, I went to pick the car up and suprise... its not lower at all Confused So when I get home I take the wheel off just to make sure they're actually in there...

They were. So anyways nearly a year later, the front of my car has gone down to a nice height, about 15ml off the wheels, and the back, well its still the same. It looks alright I guess, like a wannabe drag car Laughing But after reading this, I'm wondering if they're lowering springs at all?

Pretty crappy for NZ$700 I think. So I can either pay $50 a spring to compress them or keep it at hilux level.

But yeah... I wouldn't reccomend Pedders to anyone else after that, I was NOT impressed Mad
Sprocket
Regular

October 2002
Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Mon, 28 April 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Without naming names, it is true, pedders shocks are manufactured by monroe. But they are not true monroe shocks. Pedders revalve the shocks to their own specifications, so you cannot compare monroe directly with pedders shocks.

I have heard many people having good experiences with pedders, and many have bad, so it's hard to say how good they are.
I think judging pedders on individual attitude of franchise stores is a bit of a no no. Like judging Pizza Hut pizzas on just one franchise stores pizza. Same product, different stores, different attitude, different customer satisfaction.
Bang for your buck, I'd say pedders is not the best quality, but they do valve their shocks much better than monroe.
I still much prefer to buy KYB, I find their performance and quality much comparable to Koni, without the price tag. Only a true racer can tell the differenc between KYB and koni on the track.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Sat, 13 September 2003 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
Karl_skewes
Regular

May 2002
Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Sat, 13 September 2003 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well.. a friend bought pedders springs and shocks... and at the time I wasn't very clued up about this stuff.

He asked for the stiffest stuff they did for his ae86.
It seems the rear springs are an excellent rate... who knows what.
The shocks were replaced with GX71 wagon short as shocks.
the front I can't remember......

However,
I had a Ke35 that had pedders suspension front and back, it said this on the shocks.................... I now think of it as pretty average.... but it was a long time ago.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Sat, 13 September 2003 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unfortunately most customers are afraid to go back
and tell the workshop that the product that they just paid for
is not what they wanted

now that the internet is so popular it is so easy to write
a degrading story about a business which didnt treat u right

i bet people who right these stories at one stage in hteir life have upset a customer

when they right these stories are word gets around it can easily ruin someones life

some people might do dodgey work and mihgt deserve to be shut down
if u ever watch a current affair u will understand
they never give the full story to both sides
they make it seem that someone is to blame to get good ratings for tv

i think if u ever have problems with a workshop and u r not happy tell them to put car back to normal and get yr money back
or fix the problem properly then just dont go there again
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: You Get The Best At Pedders Sun, 14 September 2003 05:01 Go to previous message
and now that link goes to some bollucks. Anyone know where the full story is now?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Opinions Please
Next Topic:Just Blew my diff
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:02:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083599090576172 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.