Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
icon9.gif  1g-gte gasket help needed Sat, 22 June 2002 10:47 Go to next message
Hi all,

I need turbo to manifold gaskets for my 1g. The problem is trying to find a set ARGH and waiting too long for them to arrive. I know i can make my own with gasket material, but i don't want to pull the engine out every 6 months to find out that my home-made gaskets have been fried again.

Has anyone had any problems with home-made gaskets?

Also i want to replace all the seals in my 1g, does anyone know any alternative seals that fit the 1g.

I know a starlet rear main oil seal is the same as the 1g, but how about the seals that go in the front?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!!
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte gasket help needed Sat, 22 June 2002 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take the front seals out and then take them down to your local seal place (i cant remember where i got mine CBC bearings maybe) anyways they will definitly have the exact match for them..

make sure u pay attention to the arrows.
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1g-gte gasket help needed Fri, 28 June 2002 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Yeeehah,

Are you another 1GGTE'er in ACT? What have you got yours in? And whats happened to all your seals? how many Km's had it done?
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte gasket help needed Sun, 30 June 2002 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah you can go down to cbc bearings and get the seals, just take your old ones there. As for gaskets though, ????????. Toyota are a bunch of pricks and wont sell them to you without giving them a full chassis no for a car that your engine come out of. And they are pretty pricey from a import wrecker if they can get them. EKW can get some of the parts, from memory it was about $120 for a inlet manifold gasket. Castle Hill Toyota would be another try. I have not yet, or you could get them made by the professionals.
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte gasket help needed Sun, 30 June 2002 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dylo,

Nah man its just my otherself Razz, i woz formerly sirsprinter, 1g in ae86. I think the engine has done 80 000 k's, that's what adelaide mortosport told me anyway, i eventually found its a load of bullshit. The turbos were f$%*ed also. My exhaust gaskets, turbo to manifold and inlet gaskets were all cooked, so while the engine was on the floor i may as well replace everything. My car is currently at Steve Kelo Automotive. I can't belive this operation has taken 4months!

Fattony,

I got some gaskets from racecraft industries in Tullamarine and it took him 3 months to get it in. He also told me 1g gaskets were no longer available. What a snapper head!
He has just lost an important customer.

I eventually tried Castle Hill and the guy was pretty helpful. I managed to order a full 1g engine kit and turbo kit. He reckons it will be in 3 weeks time, i'll wait and see.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte gasket help needed Mon, 01 July 2002 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well let us know how you go with Castle Hill, im in need of gaskets to. Be interesting to see if they can get them. And about RACECRAFT INDUSTRIES they guy there Alex is nothing but an utter c!#k head and i would not trust him as far as i could throw him. His work just seems to sit around, and the only thing that gets done quick there is stuff that he sends out to be done. Theres more to be said, but i dont have anough hours in that day to list everthing. Though it seems that everyone who has delt or knows of them thinks the same.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 July 2002 09:28]

Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1g-gte gasket help needed Mon, 01 July 2002 13:48 Go to previous message
Fattony,

Well if i get the stuff i ordered then i will have some spares.
I'll have :

-1 inlet manifold
-1 turbo to manifold gasket
- exhaust manifold gaskets

These are brand spankin' new and i'll sell them to you if your having problems also!

cheers
Ash
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Gearbox Compatibility for 1976 Celica w/ 18RG
Next Topic:New addition to the K-Mac swaybar line-up...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 16:31:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060179233551025 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.