Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae82gt
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Ke55 auto to manual conversion Sun, 06 April 2003 20:41 Go to next message
Just got me a rust free 1978 ke55 corolla auto. Its got a 4K 1300 cc engine in it which is staying for a while but i want to rip out the auto box and replace it with a manual.
I'm pretty sure i can use a starlet gearbox cuz the uk starlets came with the same engine and my mates just converted his starlet to manual but I'm not to sure which propshaft to use i was gonna try a starlet one. Any other suggestions?

Send a private message to this user    
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Ke55 auto to manual conversion Sun, 06 April 2003 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did this several years ago with mine. you have to replace the pedal box with a manual pedal box, you need a K50 gearbox to go on the back (and flywheel, clutch assy, clutch cable ect)

the problem i found was the mounts on my auto ke55 were in the wrong place for the manual gearbox - they were about 1" too far forward so i used a ke20/ta22 gearbox crossmember and bolted that in place.

also you need a manual tailshaft to go in, and, i also had to modify where the stick comes thru the floor from memory i had to trim about 1" towards the front of the car off.
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ke55 auto to manual conversion Mon, 07 April 2003 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My son and I have done this conversion twice. We used a 3T engine and the T series splitcase alloy box. Your manual tailshaft will not bolt up to the auto Diff. It would be good to put new unis in, so just swap the auto/man drive plates from the tailshafts.

Regards Chuck.
ae82gt
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Ke55 auto to manual conversion Mon, 28 April 2003 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right i've got all my bits together even found a manual prop in a uk spec car that had been banger raced bought the whole car for the box and the prop and especially the pedal box
cheers for the info guys Smile
ae82gt
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Ke55 auto to manual conversion Mon, 28 April 2003 18:34 Go to previous message
Right i've got all my bits together even found a manual prop in a uk spec car that had been banger raced bought the whole car for the box and the prop and especially the pedal box
cheers for the info guys Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:early chassis number decoding
Next Topic:New to forums - AE86/4AGE questions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 19:54:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055510997772217 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.