Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 17 April 2003 05:00 Go to next message
Just a few pics of my project taken before, during and after the conversion.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/vkolev/AE101_CUT3.jpg
Donor engine

http://members.optusnet.com.au/vkolev/BEFORE1.jpg
AE92 sedan the day after i bought it.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/vkolev/BEFORE3.jpg
Bad interior

http://members.optusnet.com.au/vkolev/ENGINE_BAY.jpg
AE92 engine bay with front mount cooler pipes and cold air intake

http://members.optusnet.com.au/vkolev/FRONT_SEATS.jpg
New seats

http://members.optusnet.com.au/vkolev/SX_DASH.jpg
SX dash

http://members.optusnet.com.au/vkolev/CUSCO_EXTRACTORS1.jpg
Cusco extractors not fitted yet

http://members.optusnet.com.au/vkolev/FINISHED.jpg
SX wheels and colour coded front bar with jap spoiler

The car is almost finished, waiting on some 16" wheels to fit the superstrut brakes and then i'm off to the track for some sprints.

More conversion pics here

Any comments welcome.

Vic.
  Send a private message to this user    
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 17 April 2003 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking good Smile
That new dash looks so much better!

I like your seats, how comfy are they?

on a seperate note does anyone know where i can get a single DIN pocket like what RSSTi has under his head deck?(this would be for my supra)
RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 17 April 2003 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The seats are comfy, they hold you in all the right places Shocked i havn't done a long trip in them yet.

Any wrecker should have the single din pocket, most toyota models had the same pocket.

Vic.
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 17 April 2003 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say keep the 14" and make a SX Sedan that they never made for the Oz market. Good job!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 17 April 2003 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SmellyTofu wrote on Thu, 17 April 2003 17:28

I'd say keep the 14" and make a SX Sedan that they never made for the Oz market. Good job!

I agree - That looks bloody awesome! Excellent sleeper Cool

[Updated on: Thu, 17 April 2003 07:39]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 17 April 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks bloody awesome...

I would've done a complete sleeper on the stock 13's, black bumpers and a 4WD ride height...

Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 17 April 2003 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RSSTi wrote on Thu, 17 April 2003 15:00

...SX wheels and colour coded front bar with jap spoiler...

Now why the hell didn't my buddy think of that before he sold his AE92 Corolla... Shocked Looks nice! Cool
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 17 April 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sedan's rock mate, did you have to tap new threads for the strut bar to bolt onto the upper fire wall or did you juust drill the cover thru? Also can you get away with 15inch rims insted of 16's for the bigger brakes?
RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Fri, 18 April 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always intended to keep the 14's but the brakes wont fit, i'm sure most of you have seen the size of the poor excuse for brake on the base model Corolla so you can see why i need to change them. After a month of driving the discs have got a lovely blue glaze on them, that's without even trying.

Flem, i drilled holes through the panel and used a nut and bolt to hold it. I know 15's will fit the brakes but i figure while i'm spending money on wheels i might as well go to 16's, the price difference isn't much.

Are any of you Melb boys and girls going to the MCCR cruise tonight?

Vic.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Fri, 18 April 2003 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good work. those cusco extractors look like they came from toyopro up in east keilor methinks...
RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Sat, 19 April 2003 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grega wrote on Fri, 18 April 2003 20:30

those cusco extractors look like they came from toyopro up in east keilor methinks...

Yep, i couldn't pass them up Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Sat, 19 April 2003 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you mind if i ask how much did it cost you for the piping for the front mount, and what cooler did you use?
RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Mon, 21 April 2003 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cooler pipes cost me over 1K, this included modifying the outlets on the core, modifing the inlet on the manifold and the cood air intake.

Vic.
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Mon, 21 April 2003 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"I would've done a complete sleeper on the stock 13's, black bumpers and a 4WD ride height..."

Stay tuned for Project Corona, my friend Smile

As for the Corolla, nice piece of work. I was never much of a FWD man, but I did have an AE90 Corolla a few years ago. Blew up the 6AFC... a mate had just done a GZE swap on his AE93, so I pinched his 4AFE and did the conversion. Even that woke the little thing up a bit, made it fun to drive.

Good to see it hasn't been ruined (yet, at least) by tacky wheels or a shit bodykit (don't agree with the front lip, but at least it doesn't look too bad).

Apart from that, very nice little car and you'd almost call it a sleeper!

Should get those extractors cleaned up and HPC'd, the'll look great!
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Mon, 21 April 2003 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
over 1K... hmmm looks like its bodging up some radiator hoses for me Sad
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Mon, 21 April 2003 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks sweet. Love the front grill.
What are the seats like with the standard seat belts??
RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Tue, 22 April 2003 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Stay tuned for Project Corona, my friend

What's going into project Corona? i had a RT142 wagon with a turbo 22RE, it made 160kw @ wheels and ran 13.2@106mph on street tyres Very Happy

Quote:

What are the seats like with the standard seat belts??

They are ok, they don't foul anywhere but i'll be getting a 4 point harness for the track.

Quote:

Good to see it hasn't been ruined (yet, at least) by tacky wheels

I better cancel the order for my 21 inch chromies, Joking Laughing Laughing , i would have been happy if the big brakes fit under the 14's.

Vic.
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Wed, 23 April 2003 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...gotta love the sedan! We'll soon take over from all those hatches! Wink

That one is very similar to mine, only I haven't had the chance to fit my front-mount yet, and I used the levin dash etc... I also have to get around to fitting the seca sx power windows and trims..
http://www.4age.net/jason/sammy1.jpg
http://www.4age.net/jason/newseats.jpg
http://www.4age.net/jason/podsin.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 23 April 2003 21:18]

RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 24 April 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The two gauges look neat in the corner of the dash.

Did the strips along the door come off easily? Are you planing anymore exterior mods?
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 24 April 2003 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The strips came off fairly easily, only pulled the paint off on one of the front guards in tiny specs because I didn't use a heat-gun to wamn them up first...

When you remove the strips you wil find factory perfect white paint underneath them, which makes the rest of the paint look yellow... I cut the paint back with wet and dry sandpaper and then a lot of cutting compound to get it looking one colour again...
I only have one exterior mod left, which is fitting the complete Levin frontend to the car... this is a fairly extensive mod, because the rear of the levin guards do not match the profile of the aus-spec sedan, the the curve at the windscreen end of the levin bonnet is too deep for the sedan aswell...
I've got a couple of sets of levin panels, and one bent set of Australian guards, so I'm doing a bit of frankenstien work with the guards to make them fit, then I'll be making an FRP skin for the bonnet frame to match the car properly.
With all of this done I'll get about 50mm more space in front of the air-con gear to fit the FMIC...
gzesedan
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 24 April 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g'day!
it's good to see that there is someone else out there who has made the gze conversion to a sedan!!!
you cant go past the sleeper of a rolla sedan!
i have had my car back now for 4 weeks and its the best thing i have ever done.
i have 14" alloys on my car and they fit the new brakes perfectly
i had to get a dry cell battery to allow extra room for the front mount intercooler.
did you have any problems with engine mountings at all???
are you using the matching gearbox or a 20v box?
are you using the standard factory intercooler?
i am just curious, because i ran into a few problems and i havnt come accross anyone who has done the same conversion
RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 24 April 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason, i've got one word for you - DEDICATION

GZESEDAN - I've got superstrut brake which require a 15 inch wheel. I front mounted the standard cooler, there seemed to be enough room for one cooler pipe near the batt. I'm using the gze gearbox(LSD), i modified the front and rear mounts, the front one need the hole to be moved in closer and on the rear(3 bolt)i cut off the two studs on the sides and welded one of them in the middle.

Where are you located gzesedan?

Vic.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 April 2003 11:23]

jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 24 April 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used the ae92 GTZ E58 gearbox and mounts, I also bolted up the entire subframe from the ae92 front-cut to my car (has the swaybar on it, my CS didn't have one).

With the subframe and ae92 GTZ mounts, everything bolted up perfectly for me...

I'm using the factory cooler in the factory location at the moment, it goes ok and I'm getting 9-10psi in 1st and 2nd...
gzesedan
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Fri, 25 April 2003 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for replying!
I was under the impression when i went ahead with the conversion that it would be a straight fit in.
The installers told me that they have never done a ae101 gze gearbox into an ae92 (or something along the lines of that).
they did have to modify the engine/box mounts which set me back a shitload of $$$. "Usually" a 20V box would be used instead. But it was well worth the extra money, the right box with LSD i'm pretty happy.
I dont suppose you know what type of front disc rotors the ae101 levin uses? (i.e will standard ae101 corolla discs be the same?) i want to get DBA slotted types, i dont have superstrut brakes, the replacement brakes fit into 14" rims.
thanks!
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Fri, 25 April 2003 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gzesedan: is your sedan white and have 4wheel discs?

think i may have seen you turning off pennant hills road if your in sydney that is.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Fri, 25 April 2003 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice work Smile
What did the 1/2 cut cost you and where did u get it from?
RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Sat, 26 April 2003 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the cut from Asian Auto Spares in QLD, it was an AE101 with 110000km, LSD and Superstrut, it cost $1750 + 200 for delivery which took 2-3 days.
RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Sat, 26 April 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the cut from Asian Auto Spares in QLD, it was an AE101 with 110000km, LSD and Superstrut, it cost $1750 + 200 for delivery which took 2-3 days.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 April 2003 01:25]

jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Sat, 26 April 2003 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My MAP sensored AE92 GTZ cut also came from Asian Autospares... cost me $1850 with 84,000 on it, not wound back... There was a couple of GZE's in the container mine came out of with over 200,000 on them... they were also $1850.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Sat, 26 April 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol... i think you guys have just formed a cute little sedan love group Very Happy

very neat cars though.... except for Jason, he knows what i think Razz
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Sat, 26 April 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"What's going into project Corona? i had a RT142 wagon with a turbo 22RE, it made 160kw @ wheels and ran 13.2@106mph on street tyres"

Not so much "what's going into" so much as "what is in" Smile

It's an ST141 Sedan with a 1GGTE. Doesn't run yet, but the engine, wiring, gearbox & tailshaft are all sorted... ended up in hospital the other night after working on my Supra... so the cars are both on hold until I run out of painkillers!

Should be okay in a week or so, will have the fuel system done prettymuch straight away (have to pull the box out damnit)... then it's just a matter of intercooler/piping and some reassembly (guards, interior, etc) and she will start!

On a good note, got myself some wide steelies for it too! Hubcaps ahoy!
RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Tue, 29 April 2003 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ended up in hospital the other night

How did you manage that?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Tue, 29 April 2003 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha... Thats the first I've ever heard about going to hospital after working on a car... Laughing Laughing Laughing ...

You were okay though, right???
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 01 May 2003 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would you believe that after all the years of using angle grinders with one hand in dodgy positions with no blade guard, working on cars teetering on hydraulic jacks, and dicking around with electricals while fuel systems are exposed....

....I managed to end up in hospital after pushing my goddamn Supra. Torn muscle and pinched nerve... basically didn't move for 3 days. Not allowed to work on cars for a few weeks, no heavy lifting either.

I'm a fair bit better now, just no real strength. Took a mate's turbo Bluebird for a run at the drags last night.. the amount of people we surprised was astounding. And that thing's slow. Can't WAIT until the Corona goes!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: AE92 4AGZE sedan project pics Thu, 01 May 2003 09:43 Go to previous message
Most probably cause they thought "Sik Bro!!! Turbo!!! And then noticed a Bluebird and thought What The???"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Everybodys dream
Next Topic:The ultimate ae86?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 14:45:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062789916992188 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.