Classifieds » Miscellaneous » TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Wed, 30 April 2003 03:41 Go to next message
Hi all,
I have a rare TA22 GT hoenycomb grill for sale (no badge). Its the jap spec one that suits the italic badges like on my TA22 GT.
In very good condition, stainless strips currently painted black but can be taken off easily, no dents rust etc. $300 including delivery anywhere in Australia.
Also TA22 GT oil/amp combination gauge in excellent condition. $140 including delivery anywhere in Australia.

Cheers,
Simon
http://users.senet.com.au/~mezz/stitle.htm
  Send a private message to this user    
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Wed, 30 April 2003 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude you have a PM re your Grill !
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Wed, 30 April 2003 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i get a pic of the oil amp gauge.
justin Very Happy
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Wed, 30 April 2003 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin,
No, I don't have a pic Laughing
It's people like you that make me want to buy a digital camera, hahaha. Maybe one day....

Currently have an offer for $120 for the GT oil gauge. It will sell for that price if noone else makes another offer.

Simon
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Wed, 30 April 2003 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man, its just that im interested in buy a good condition gt oil gauge, its just that if im going to pay over $100 dollars for i would like one that is in good condition.
cheers
Justin Very Happy
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Wed, 30 April 2003 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its in excellent condition. I've had it for years but now need the cash for other things.
I'll see what I can do about a pic. Rolling Eyes

Simon
mr spears
Regular

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Wed, 30 April 2003 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude when you say no badge do you mean its not supposed to have one or its missing???
im guessing no pics Very Happy
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Thu, 01 May 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The GT grill is sold.

Your right, is has no badge. But its the grill that suits the italic style GT badges. The same as what I have on both my TA22 GT and TRaceys Red TA22 now.

Cheers,
Simon
moo4AGZETA22
Regular

April 2003
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Thu, 01 May 2003 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Give me an email and we'll discuss price. I'd go to $140 with shipping. So....

Cheers,
Justin
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Thu, 01 May 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The guage, is that one that sits in the dash? It's half oil and half Volts???

Really interested to know. A friend had one in his RA28 instead of the warning lights and he though that it was just the stock guage. I'll have to mention that to him. This guy is actually unmodifying his Celica and turning it back to stock.
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Thu, 01 May 2003 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, its a combination gauge. The LHS is oil pressure and the RHS is the ammeter. It was standard on the TA22 ST, GT and GTV.

Simon
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Thu, 01 May 2003 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both GT Grill and Gauge are now sold!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Thu, 01 May 2003 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
makes me wonder what the gt parts ive just aquired are worth Smile

family Friend Send me a gt grill from the US knowing i has a ta22 ( surpise! look what i got you - about a month too late since my ta22 has now gone ! * grumble * ) , and i have the Gt amps / oil pressure guage + correct sender unit for 2t / 3t motors.

was keeping them for another 3tgte ta22 project down the track - but after seeing those prices offered - i may think about the parts going to new homes for Gt4 funds ..

Now if only i could sell the damn Supra mags too !

Also Sheena - the ta22 Gt guage doesnt fit in a RA series
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Thu, 01 May 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmmm. Yes. I have a grill lying around without a car to put it on now... Sad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Thu, 01 May 2003 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorta pains you doesnt it

All i need is a car worthy of it etc .

probably look for a neat 3tgte ta22 in a year or so - once i make a chunk in the GT4 loan ..

be nice to have a classic to tinker with again - just no space atm - need a new shed !
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Thu, 01 May 2003 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish i'd kept the GT Gauge out of it now. Oh well...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Thu, 01 May 2003 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the guages seem to pup up with some regularity - and at least you can still get them new if your prepared to pay for them

its the Grill's and badges that seem to be the hard to get stuff + the bonnet vents
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Thu, 01 May 2003 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah. I have the bonnet vents as well. Kept them for a rainy day.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Thu, 01 May 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW kerr - your avitar - is that a ferrari - or one of those ta22's made to look like a 348 GTS jobbies - cant tell as its small and hard to see

Actually saw one of these kits in brisbane and had a bit of a chuckle Wink poor thing needed paint badly - but the guy driving it ( old fella - 60 + ) looked happy as a pig in the proverbial Smile
mr spears
Regular

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Thu, 01 May 2003 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so...classicque71 or kerr, how much you want for your grill?
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Fri, 02 May 2003 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, GT gear is always sort after and a high cost. Grills, oil gauge, lenses are difficult to find, but its the mega rare parts like power windows, trims, jap spec badges, oil temp gauges etc etc that you have to pay the big bucks for.
Thats once you find them..

Simon
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Fri, 02 May 2003 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I know the TA stuff doesn't fit in the RA stuff. A friend has a LT RA and he's got this guage in his. It's not a stock item so I might be able to do a swap. This guy is turning his car back to a totally stock RA28. He even got the original tyres!!! Shocked

I've got an ST grill at home. Don't know how the car came to have it, just did.

Interesting to know what the main diff's were between the LT's and the ST's.
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Fri, 02 May 2003 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 06 May 2003 02:29]

BAD22
Regular

April 2003
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Fri, 02 May 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hEY kERR U SELLIN THE gRILL?
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Fri, 02 May 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 02 May 2003 05:43]

TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Fri, 02 May 2003 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celicachick,
I'm into TA22's so I don't know all the differences between the LT, ST, GT and GTV in the RA23 but I'd say its very similar to the TA22. The GT in Japan had all the options, the GTV was built more for performance and less for comfort. It's a little under a GT.
The TA22 GT (Jap spec, not the US style) had the follwoing things over the LT model-
2TG Twin cam engine
Oil/ammeter gauge instead of lights
Bonnet vents
Clear indicator lenses and Amber parkers
GT badges of course
Bonnet vents
Power windows
Factory tinted windows
Different door trims
220km/hr speedo and oil temperature gauge
OK monitor
Full centre console
Silver instrument panel lining
Plus more I can't think of now...
I know of people using the TA22 GT oil guage in RA23, so maybe thats what your friend has done. Check my site out under "Technical info" and then "Instrument panel" I think I called it. You will see the pic of my TA22 GT panel including the oil guage (which is small in the pic).

Cheers,
Simon
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Fri, 02 May 2003 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm taking more pics of my TA22 GT soon. I might post pics of these GT parts on my site when its done.

Simon
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Fri, 02 May 2003 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheena - basic differences between LT and ST for ta22's were the oil/amps guage - the 2T-B motor ( higher compression, higher output twin downdraft carby motor ) like what was in my old ta22 - doorskin changes - the grill , and a few other minor cosmetic things as far as i know - Aircon was still a " tick " option

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Fri, 02 May 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re my grill + guage - still very much undecided on if i sell it or not - right now i dont need the $$'s and i still plan to one day get another ta22 ( preferred EFI or twin cam this time ) to play with - after i have put a dent in the GT4's payments

if i decide to sell - youll see the ad

Till them my supra mags though are still for sale !! looks nice on a ta22 !
kerr
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Fri, 02 May 2003 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Thu, 01 May 2003 22:13

BTW kerr - your avitar - is that a ferrari - or one of those ta22's made to look like a 348 GTS jobbies - cant tell as its small and hard to see

Definitely the real thing. 365 GT4 BB. 12 cylinders of fun there!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
I have larger pics if interested.

It's actually made it to one of the Wollongong Cruises up here. Waiting to see some photo's from it though....

And I haven't decided about the grill yet either guys. It may appear for sale shortly. Not sure. But feel free to make an offer on it. Smile
BAD22
Regular

April 2003
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Fri, 02 May 2003 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$150 for the grille!
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Mon, 05 May 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since there is such an interest just a quick word on the TA22 GT grills !

There are 3 (Probably 4) slightly different "GT" grills for the TA22. Some are considerably rarer than others due to where they were released and for how long.

The "Italics" style GT badges were mounted on the drivers side of the Grill. These were very limited in production as only Japan got the GT celica prior to 1974 in any great number. This is the GT grill that fetches the highest sale price ! With the italics GT badge this is truely a sought after item.

(This Grill Can be seen on Simons car !)

I beleive the GTV italcs badge would require a grill with slightly different mounting locations but cannot confirm this ? Simon do you have any input on this ??? If this indeed the case it would make the fourth Variety of GT grill

The second type is the more common which is the Block type lettering in the centre of the Grill. It was released in the US in large numbers and so is the more commonly available variety of GT Grill. In good unrestored condition with badge these still fetch a very fair price. (Mind you I have never paid more than $250 Aus landed and have seen them go for as little as $10US on ebay when the sellers will not ship overseas ! Bastards !!) There are two types of GT Badge for these. Both are in the same font. One has a black background around the letters "GT" which are chrome. The other badge is exactly the same only without the black background.

The third type is the GTV version of the above Grill. The mounting holes for the GTV badge are slightly further appart than the GT grill. I have only seen the one of these (I own it) and the bastard doesn't have a bagde which is a real bummer Sad

ALL GT grills were Dark grey in colour (NOT Black) they also all had a raised chrome strip that bolts on top and bottom.

ANY GT grill is indeed worth owning as is any of the GT specific items. If you have any good luck selling them.
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Mon, 05 May 2003 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Mon, 05 May 2003 17:16

This is the GT grill that fetches the highest sale price ! With the italics GT badge this is truely a sought after item.

(This Grill Can be seen on Simons car !)

I beleive the GTV italcs badge would require a grill with slightly different mounting locations but cannot confirm this ? Simon do you have any input on this ??? If this indeed the case it would make the fourth Variety of GT grill

Rods right, GT gear carries a high price. BUT only if its the true Jap spec GT gear. The US style grills are much more common.
Yep, the Jap spec honeycomb grill for the GTV in italics is an interesting one. I actually have a brand new italic GTV badge as well. I don't know why but the GTV in the italic version has the rear badge mounted in the middle of the car, whereas the GT italic is on the LHS (see my TA22 GT). Also the front badge is not italic for the GTV, it is a block letter type and goes in the middle of the grill, most likely the same grill as one of the other GTV style with centre mounts. Its strange that Toyota used a block style GTV badge on the front and italic on the rear and the same year had italic front and rear for the GT. Dunno, buts its definately the case. I have a pic somewhere of the front GTV badge and a pic of the rear GTV badge is on my site in the build up shots of my Celica.
Cheers,
Simon
mr spears
Regular

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Mon, 05 May 2003 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rod so what were the badges you got off me a while ago? they were on a standard lt type grill. i thought all gt grills were honeycomb?
i want a honeycomb style grill for my 22 but not with a gt badge cos it wont be any thing like a gt so i dont wanna pretend it is!

so anyone selling their 22 honeycomb grill?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Mon, 05 May 2003 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aaron,

The GT badges I got off you were indeed the Ialics style ones that will suit the Grill Simon had for sale. They were used up until Jan 1974. Since my car is a 1973 they are exactly what I needed Smile Thanks again for those !

Simon,

According to the Parts manual the GTV rear badge mounted on the LHS same as the GT badge ?? Stepho has my brochures over there so maybe one of them has a facory pic of the Mounting location. An ex of mine actually had a GTV badge on the rear of her TA22 and it was also mounted on the LHS ????

As for the Front GTV badges your right the badge was indeed block letters and was mounted in the centre. The later GTV badges appear to have been slightly different. Going by the pic in the parts manual the early GTV had raised edges where as the later GTV badges were the same flat bold style as the later model (Jan 74 onwards) GT badges.

Here's the annoying thing tho.....Neither the 72 or the 74 Parts manuals list the part numbers the GTV badges or grill ! They show them and where they go but don't give the final part number ???

The funny thing is that the 1970 to Sept 72 Grill and rear beaver panel badges (Including the GT badges, there was no GTV for the first series Celica's) were all in block letters (with the raised edges), then the Late 72 - Dec 73 badges were all in Italics and the Jan 74 onwards were in Bold again ??

Oh and if anyone has a Platic honeycomb grill with Large honeycomb design with GT badges on it that fits a TA22...... I'll buy it ! (Its off the TA27 or RA25)

But anyway I'm off to bed !
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Tue, 06 May 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was very lucky to get a brand new set of italic GT badges. The dates on the box are from 8/72 up to and including 1/74.

Rod, you may be right on the rear italic GTV badge. I have to check my books out as well to see if it was mounted in the centre or the LHS. It does fit into the same holes as the GT badge.
The other mega rare GT badge style is from the very early jap spec Celica. Its a block type but without a shield around it. The rear one is mainly chrome and has a red and black line under it. The front one is similar and also has a separate dragon that sits above the GT badge. I have pics somewhere.

One things for sure, GT parts look amazing for their era.
I'm in the process of fitting my "ok monitor", this is probably the rarest GT item around. It was only optional on the Jap spec TA22 GT and GTV. It was also in the RA25 etc but in a different design. Very few manuals show it but it sits in the hard top roof lining between the visors. I'll post pics of it on my site one of these days.

Cheers,
Simon
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Tue, 06 May 2003 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have to look into the door trims for my car, might make it into an ST instead of an LT.

Does anyone know what the engine's were in the RA23 ST's? I've got an 18R-G????
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Tue, 06 May 2003 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The RA23 GT had the 18RG engine, so if I were you I would stick with that. Not 100% sure on the RA23 ST, most likely an 18R single cam engine of some sort.

Changing from LT to ST or GT is not an easy thing. There are many differences. Just fitting a grill and badge for example doesn't make it a ST or GT. In fact, it doesn't look right when you look in the car to find the rest is stock LT gear.
Only my opinion anyway, do what you thinks best for you.

Simon
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Wed, 07 May 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Many long times ago I owned an RA28 ST, it came factory fitted with an 18RB,( twin downdraught carb version of an 18RC.) Compression was 0.5 higher than 18RC.

Regards Chuck
masTers
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Wed, 21 May 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anyone else has a GT Oil/Amp guage let me know, im very interested in it!

Steve
BAD22
Regular

April 2003
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Wed, 21 May 2003 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i got a couple of em MASTERS, 100 bucks and its your dude.
masTers
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Wed, 21 May 2003 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate how easy is it to fit to an LT Auto? can u please email all the details, including postage costs? Or if you like, ill post the cash with a stamped self adderssed package for the guage?

Cheers

Steve
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Wed, 21 May 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the guages are still no good without the sender to work them - Keep your eye out for a 2tgeu or 3tgeu with an analogue sender unit

I also think ( but not proven ) that a 3sge sender from a 86 SX celica works as well
masTers
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Wed, 21 May 2003 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much is a sender? is there a place online for more info? I really want that guage in my LT 1600 SOHC.

Steve
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Tue, 27 May 2003 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon,

Heres a bit more info on the grills and Badges.

The 1975 TA22 GTV Grill is the same size as the RA23 grill ! So based on that the RA25 and TA27 Grill must also be the same as the xA23. St Grill. That makes alot more sence !

And this morning I recieved a pic of a Stock JDM TA22 GT.... And guess what ! GT badge front and rear is centre mounted and both are in the italics style ! Just something new to add to the confussion. Smile
gmsta27
Regular

February 2003
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Fri, 30 May 2003 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My ta27 has the ok monitor in the headliner it checks the brake lights the washer fluid and the fuel level with lights the illuminate when the levels are low or the brake lights are out.

Greg
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Fri, 30 May 2003 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Masters,

Rip the sender out of any Liftback RA40 celica (Edit: Ok all Liftback RA40's had the guagethe sedans still had the idiot light for oil pressure)! Should cost you bugger all from any wreckers Smile

GMSTA77, (Greg)

Mate I would love to see any pics of your TA27 ! Those things are rare as and I hope to get my hands on one.

[Updated on: Sat, 31 May 2003 13:12]

TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Sat, 31 May 2003 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg,
How many warning lights on your ok monitor? Maybe the TA27 and TA22 are the same?
Mine has 6 warning lights plus a map light. The whole thing goes in the hard top roof liner.
Warnings from memory are for water washer level, brake fluid level, fuel level, brake and parker light failure and battery I think.
Have you got a pic you can send me of your monitor?

Simon
gmsta27
Regular

February 2003
Re: TA22 GT grill and oil/amp gauge FOR SALE Sat, 31 May 2003 05:01 Go to previous message
Rod, I will see about the pictures for you. The Car is in Fl. and I happen to get it on the way to the salvage yard. The front end was in a grocery basket when i bought the car I was after the motor mainly and didn't find out what it was for many years afterwards. I just knew it was a kick in the ass to drive so I kept it and tried to put it together with the parts available to me here in the states. I now has a ta22 front end on it with the interior like i bought it with MR2 seats from previous owner. The 2tg and t50 are there and the rear end i just changed out to a ae86 lsd. I am trying to do the body work but that is a black art where I am concerned.

Simon, the ok monitor on my car is crude compared to the one you describe. It has 3 functions (warning light) one is low fuel, one for washer fluid and the third is brake lights. It sound as though you are describing the ESP panel found on stateside 76 and 77 celica's. I will take a picture of the panel and try to send it to you one your site if that will work for you.
Later guys

Greg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 rear glass - free
Next Topic:Free wiring and cheap parts.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 19:36:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083110332489014 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.