Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
icon10.gif  RA23 vs 202 LH torana Sat, 22 March 2003 00:43 Go to next message
this happened a while ago but im proud of it!

this christmas i had to drive to albury to see all the relations
my car is nothing special. just the 18rc with a sports exhaust and some old school wheels.
so i finally arive in albury and i see another a car with ACT plates and P plates..

it looked pretty crap but sounded ok had some pretty wide wheels and had too bogan looking chicks in the car..

so we pull up at the lights and they are kinda giving it a bit of a rev and looking over my car..

so i turn the stereo down a lil and give a little rev, not knowing if they were going to give me a go..

the lights go green and we both go for it,

it was head to head thru first but i got the lead on second by a car length.. changing to third i let it drop back to the 60 km speed limit and give a wave as they fly by...

not much of a win but its good enough for me! Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Mon, 24 March 2003 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMAO.... bogan chicks....cracks me up every time!!! Very Happy
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Wed, 26 March 2003 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing wrong with Chick's in Torana's!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Thu, 27 March 2003 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol you shoulda seen these ones tho!

nah they were cool, just heaps scary lookin Very Happy

lol i was pretty worried i was gunna get beaten tho, but i showed them good!!!! hehe
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Fri, 28 March 2003 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude, sorry to say it but a 202 in an LH would chew you up and spit you out in a stock celica, hell, I wouldn't even be too confident in an 18rg.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Fri, 28 March 2003 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i dunno if they was going as hard possible

but i know i sure as hell was!!!! Very Happy

id say they woulda had me if we had of kept going thru the gears

i dunno wat sorta condition thier motor was in.

but my motor is in great condition,

but yeah, i had em untill i backed off, and thas all i know!! hehe
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Tue, 01 April 2003 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a bit like the time that I was in my dad's 1.3ltr 1983 pulsar and a 2 door BMW convertablem,lowered, mags, exhaust etc. pulled up next to me at the lights. They were looking at me in my car so I thought I'd give them a drag, well anyway I kicked there ass by about a car length or 2. I was really happy with that. All show and no go!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Tue, 01 April 2003 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no shit?

thas cool...

my friend tried to race an audi A4 in his 73 honda civic
[ wombat on wheels ]

i think the audi guy was shocked just because he my mate actually tried.... Laughing Laughing

one day i lined up next to this half bog half primmer
shit heap of a VL..

should have seen my mouth drop to the floor when he took off sideways...

turns out hes running an RB26DETT... or something very similar.

god damn it was a site to see when he got pulled up by the coppers about 5 km down the road.. hehehe

[Updated on: Tue, 01 April 2003 03:53]

ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Tue, 01 April 2003 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing worse than a sleeper to put you in your place!

When my RA23 was running like a pig on heat I was beaten buy a grandpa in an old morris minor. He wasn't even trying!
I hung my head in shame! Embarassed
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Tue, 01 April 2003 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the biggest shame i had was like the first day i got my RA23, with the boat anchore for a motor
18rc, and this old grampa looking fella over took me at like 140 in this old school chrystler,

the embarassing was.. i tried to catch him! Embarassed Embarassed
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Tue, 01 April 2003 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm i dunno about a 18rc, but i could keep up with a mate's worked 202 LJ (apparently nearly xu-1 spec...) with my 18rg, so im pretty sure i'd be faster than a regular one

odubt i'd have a chance against his new torry tho... worked 308 slr (just wait till i can afford a 1ggte Evil or Very Mad )
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Tue, 01 April 2003 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 18rc is like a boat anchore..

hehe i still say the C stands for craptacular!
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Wed, 02 April 2003 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yesterday i took on a Audi A4 1.8T i was quite surprised because i managed to keep up with it to about 100 which was the speed limit. The only thing ive done to the 18r-c is jetted the carby everything else is bog stock
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Wed, 02 April 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If that torana was near xu-1 spec then there is no way that you'd be able to keep up with it. My dad owned an original that raced in Bathurst (no mods) and he said that he's never been in anything like it since. He's still got the manual at home for tuning the tripple sidedraft strongburgs!!! He was stuffing around in his VX berlina and was telling me that it still doesn't have the same takeoff and power as his xu-1.

My 18r-c in my Number 1,2 and 3 celica's are all boat anchors, but the 4th has some get up and go in it. Slightly modified when rebuilt with webber, extractors and sports exhaust! Very Happy My 5th 18r-c will become an 18R-G and then will be turboed, intercooled etc! Very Happy If that doesn't fly then something is wrong!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Wed, 02 April 2003 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bought a bucket of bolts RA23 with an 18RG with twin solex's
and supra 5 speed..

lol if that dont go alright,
im going straight for the 1GGZE

oh yeah gimmie some of that supercharged goodness!!!!

hehe

i think the only reason to i want to get the ZE is because i wanna install a switch that turns the super charger on and off..

so i can run around on a 2lt 6, and then i can switch the charger on and give people a run,
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Wed, 02 April 2003 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i dont know how near to xu-1 spec it was... it did have the head completely done over, but no triple carbs Sad dunno what else was done, but it was a beast!

and no, i dont think a stock 18rg nearly compares to a 190 hp race engine (mabye if i put a turbo on it??? Very Happy )
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Wed, 02 April 2003 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once my 18R-C becomes and 18R-G I'll be getting a turbo! Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Thu, 03 April 2003 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm turboiey goodness! Cool Cool
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Thu, 03 April 2003 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celica chick, wouldnt it be better (or even cheaper) to start off with a whole 18rg rather than buy most of one to convert an 18rc??

...just a thought...

[Updated on: Thu, 03 April 2003 07:05]

ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Thu, 03 April 2003 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It could be? I don't know, haven't really looked into it. Confused I bought a reco'd 18R-C for $150 and then my b/f said lets do this and this and this to it and I said ok if you pay and he said yes.
Can't really complain! Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Fri, 04 April 2003 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THATS THE SPIRIT!
when its not ur wallet.. who gives half a crap? lol J/k
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Sat, 05 April 2003 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well good luck with the conversion, and i guess it doesnt really matter if your boyfriend pays for it, his problem Evil or Very Mad
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Mon, 07 April 2003 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, he actually has enquired about an 18R-G that's in WA so depending on the price I might end up getting that. A good friend of mine re-co's engines at mate's rates and we know a lot of people who can get us really good deals on all this sort of stuff. But I'll pay for some of the stuff cause it is my car.
And we want to prove a point to my brother that RA23's are better than KE70's!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Mon, 07 April 2003 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol if he thinks other wise than hes goin loopy!!!

hehe Laughing Laughing
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Tue, 08 April 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, him and his mate have similar crapollas. It's funny cause they always try to out do each other but at the end of the day they still have the stock engine in there and they both look like the family run-a-bout with all these wanky features on them!

RA23's for ever!!
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Wed, 09 April 2003 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ke corollas rule!! best ever thrash bomb, as you dont care if you hit a tree with one, unlike the superior celicas Smile
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Wed, 09 April 2003 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, thrash bomb is ok but when you go and spend $200 on a steering wheel, $200 on paint and then several hundred on a sports exhaust (no extractors, stock 1.3ltr engine) and won't replace the streched to the shitter clutch cable then it's just a joke.

I wouldn't care if anyone hit my blue celica <<<<<<< (Jokey), get the money for it, it's all good, got 3 others to then worry about.

I love car's with no crumple zones!
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Sun, 13 April 2003 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, thinking about it, the 202 is really a bog of a motor, it really nothin specail but u have to consider the fact that the torana had passangers in it and from what i gather from your story i gather u did not.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Mon, 14 April 2003 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just me Smile
so yeah.. with no weight in either of em i dunno how it would have ended up..

but yeah i always thought that a 202 was shit unless u put tripple carbies on em....

a friend of mine has VK with a manuel 202 and its a bucket of shit!
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: RA23 vs 202 LH torana Thu, 01 May 2003 06:10 Go to previous message
for old pushrod inline 6's 202 (and their little bro's) have amazing potential and great revability for a 3.3L

when i was first starting out in cars my first project was not even close to XU-1 spec motor in a LJ 4 door, easy 14.4 quarter with only wild cams, high compression pistons, pacemaker extracotrs, yella terra head and balanced and shot peened bottom end (and on 185's Confused )

i think most ppl in these forums underestimate the holden 6's

btw, someone said they beat a near XU-1 spec torona? i'd like to see that... either it wasnt XU-1 spec, or your lying

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:always carry a fire extingisher
Next Topic:M4 Toll Gates Subaru
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 19:01:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063071250915527 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.