Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

TA22 with 4AGZE Engineer Certificate Sun, 04 May 2003 13:13 Go to next message
Has anyone here had any troubles getting a engineer certificate for a TA22 with a 4AGZE??
  Send a private message to this user    
$450 ta22
Regular

February 2003
Re: TA22 with 4AGZE Engineer Certificate Tue, 20 May 2003 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont no an answere 2 your question but i whould be interested in how u get on as i dream about 4agzes in my car frequently
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: TA22 with 4AGZE Engineer Certificate Wed, 21 May 2003 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havn't actually got a TA22 or one with a 4agze i was just researching before i went out and spent a heap of money on one and then find out i can't get it engineered.
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TA22 with 4AGZE Engineer Certificate Wed, 21 May 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might have to upgrade your brakes, but other than that, if everything is done properly, engineering shouldn't be an issue.
GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

Re: TA22 with 4AGZE Engineer Certificate Wed, 21 May 2003 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah my friend used to have a TA22 with a gze in it. Its the one in the New South Wales forum thing. He had to do a brake upgrade to disks all round which was a bit of a cunt. He used the Corona diff with the disks on the back, then used RA60 struts in the front. Passed no worry's regarding the brake upgrade. He need to fit a baffel in his exhaust as it was around the 105+ Db. Baffel brought it down to 94db i think. That was with a 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust.

EDIT: He had to put a unleaded fuel restrictor in aswell

[Updated on: Wed, 21 May 2003 04:11]

moo4AGZETA22
Regular

April 2003
Re: TA22 with 4AGZE Engineer Certificate Wed, 21 May 2003 03:17 Go to previous message
Hi,
I'm doing that conversion at the moment.
Transport in Tasmania have said that I didn't need an engineers certificate. I have to take it to a Transport approved mechanic to check it out and give it the all clear. This is because the engine hasn't been an increase in capacity, and doesn't increase horsepower by more than 25%. I'm going from a 124 hp 2TG to a 145hp 4AGZE AW 11 engine. So I could put an engine in that has 155hp without an engineer's certificate.
If I wanted to put in say a Lexus V8, then I would have to get it engineered. Rotary conversions are also difficult to get approved.
I did speak to the guys who are going to inspect my car. We then ran through the things they wanted me to do to my car, and they were quite reasonable about it. They prepare cars for Targa Tasmania, so they must know something about fast cars...
I'm putting bigger brakes up front, and am using a Hilux diff with the standard drums. They were fine with the drums as a Hilux weighs more than a Celica and is designed to stop a vehicle with a lot of weight (2000 kg +).
I'm also using the standard computer and am fitting a 2.5 inch exhaust with a catalytic converter. There are no emission tests for conversions (as far as I know), and technically I don't have to run a cat as my car is pre 76, but I want to do my little bit for the environment. Plus a car running on unleaded with no cat is worse for the environment than a leaded vehicle (please correct me if I am wrong). Transport also like cars to be quiet.
The main thing is to reasonable and not bring the car in with split lines, leaks etc. Trust me, they are extremely thorough with these inspections, and will yellow sticker cars for the most trivial things.
Hope that helps in some way???!!!

Cheers,
Justin
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1G-GTE crank pulley
Next Topic:clutch problem?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 20:00:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044200420379639 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar