Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » Has anyone got a spare straight front bumper??!! - RA2x

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon5.gif  Has anyone got a spare straight front bumper??!! - RA2x Mon, 28 April 2003 13:59 Go to next message
Hey fellow SA toymodders..
Just need to put a question to you all,
Does anyone happen to have a front ra23 or 28 chrome bumper that they are willing to part with?? Some w*nker Mad reversed into mine with a towbar(?) a few days before my car went off the road, and now its almost back.. I NEED a NEW ONE so the bumper doesnt stand out as being the worst-looking thing, when it should STILL be the best looking thing.. the damaged bar is beyond repair, or would at least cost ~$300 to fix etc..
I finally found one at Sleeka Spares which is %100 perfect, Dave is asking $150. this is reasonable, but i am very financially stricken at the moment, So i need to know if anyone has a nice straight front bar they can sell me for a good price. If it is any consolation, i have a spare ra23 radiator in good cond., and starter and alternator for the 18R series which i will donate towards the cost if it helps.

Thanks people if anyone can help out, if not i guess ill just have to keep saving those pennies as usual. Rolling Eyes

Cheers, hope to see everyone on the next cruise if the cars back by then. bumper or no bumper.. Laughing

guy
RA28midge
Regular

September 2002
Re: Has anyone got a spare straight front bumper??!! - RA2x Tue, 29 April 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep I have one,
I will have a look at it and let you know what the price would be. don't need any of your spare parts.
If you take me for a drive then you can borow the bumper until you can afford the good condition one and just return it when you are done, i have no need for it.

Andrew
0402 859 541
  Send a private message to this user    
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Has anyone got a spare straight front bumper??!! - RA2x Tue, 06 May 2003 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Andrew,
thanks for the reply, have you had a chance to check it out and/or value it up? what sort of condition is it in?
my previous bar was perfect and mirror chromed- before it got wrecked- so yeh i guess i really want a perfect one if im going to get another, so if it is then im happy to pay what its worth, if not i guess il just borrow some cash from the parentals for a good bar while i Can get one..
If yours is straight but just rusty that may be cool too cos i could get it chromed. repairing these suckers is just a headf*ck and costly business from what ive heard.

If i dont end up getting a bar il get in contact with you, the car isnt even up and running yet tho! having issues with the igniter, it wont spark! everything is wired up and the igniter we think wont spark, to signal the computer to start mixing fuel and air.. Its a Bosch item not standard, and the coil im using IS standard.. which may be the prob. tried a few different coils with no luck. Trying an early cressida pack next hopefully this should run her.

Peace
Guy
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Has anyone got a spare straight front bumper??!! - RA2x Wed, 07 May 2003 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try looking at u-pull-it.
They charged me ~$50 for a brand new looking Corona front bumper.
They would charge you the same for a Celica bumper. I cant remeber how many Celicas still had decent bumpers on them tho.
But still maybe worth a try...
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Has anyone got a spare straight front bumper??!! - RA2x Wed, 07 May 2003 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey tried... Mad the only celicas they had there were stripped and/or f*cked up, the only ra28 they had their had been in the biggest head on. we were down there looking for capella chrome bumpers and they wanted $50 for one that was a little dinged but not too bad at all. I may call them to find out if they have any new ra2x's but i doubt they have any that are shmick front-end wise. Yeh its a heaps handy place tho, you always realise how much shit you could grab and use but just dont have the space, spare cash and time for.. haha.
they had fair few corollas, coronas and ra40s when i was down there last.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Has anyone got a spare straight front bumper??!! - RA2x Thu, 08 May 2003 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Down where?
I go to the one at Lonsdale.
They have a crap load of Toyotas... i counted >25 Coronas and they would have about the same amount of Celica's if not more.
RA28midge
Regular

September 2002
Re: Has anyone got a spare straight front bumper??!! - RA2x Thu, 08 May 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah $50 sounds fine, I really have no idea what it is worth, it doesn't have any dings in it, it needs a bit of a scrub, but I think it has a lot of potential. If you want to pick it up let me know, or I do deliver. I don't want to pester you or anything but I am quite keen on seeing what your mini mustang looks like.
Does anyone want a rusted out boot hatch for an RA28, still good for the glass in it, $30.
0402 859 541

A
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Has anyone got a spare straight front bumper??!! - RA2x Thu, 08 May 2003 13:39 Go to previous message
Pm'd you
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:clear front corner indicators for TA-22
Next Topic:twin weber 40/45 DCOE + manifold suit K series
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 15:54:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13837790489197 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.