Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1JZTRD
Newcomer

May 2003
RA28 Upgrades Wed, 07 May 2003 11:28 Go to next message
Hi guys. I am going to purchase an RA28 soon and hot it up a bit. I was wondering what diff and suspension upgrades i could carry out? Is it possible to fit coil-over suspension front and rear? Any help would be appreciated!!!

[Updated on: Wed, 07 May 2003 21:02]

Send a private message to this user    
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: RA28 Upgrades Thu, 08 May 2003 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found that aftermarket front & rear swaybars helped heaps on my ra28 check http://www.whiteline.com.au
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA28 Upgrades Thu, 08 May 2003 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey,
I have 1&1/2" low KingSprings with KYB red struts all round on my car. The handling ability increased significantly, ride is very firm and feels good to drive, but still needs stiffer sway bars to fully take advantage of the setup. Im installing an old Whiteline 24mm front sway bar and all new Noltec blue Bushings on everytihg on the front end as well this weekend. Im still on the hunt for a rear bar, but id rather just wait to get a new item which suits it best. Il comment on the handling improvement if any of the new front bar and bushings

These bits cost me about
something in the region of ~$650 - $750 for all 4 springs + all 4 shockers

Noltec bushings
$25 lower control arms..
$20 etc.
$15
$15 i think...? for all the front spots. $75 in total. Not including Idler Arm because that was new less than 12 months ago.

Second hand 24mm whiteline front bar - way bigger than stock!
-$75

this is what ive got upto so far. Next phase will be in a few months when i have more money ..
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: RA28 Upgrades Thu, 08 May 2003 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I too have the noltec bushes, and some other brand, basically said 'get me all the bushes i can get for the ra28'. Also have monroe gt shocks and king springs (and the sway bars). total setup cost ~$1200, dad & I put it in. one of the best things you can do to it.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA28 Upgrades Fri, 09 May 2003 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diff upgrades can be expensive, but unavoidable if you are wanting to install a powerful engine.

Brakes and suspension are easily improved though.
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: RA28 Upgrades Mon, 12 May 2003 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you looking to do an engine upgrade because that will give more idea as to how tough the diff needs to be... ?¿?
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: RA28 Upgrades Mon, 12 May 2003 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can put a whole ra60 axle in.. it is newer.. but im not sure how strong they are.. i would imagion they are.. or yo can put a hilux crown wheel in that will make it alot stronger again they usually ahve 4:11 gearing.. same as ra28 but they are a bit stronger.. alot stronger.. aparently they fit into the housing but i am not sure if you gotta change the uni joint. the diff.s int he celicas are relatively strong.. most of the time it is usually the crown wheel that brakes.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA28 Upgrades Tue, 13 May 2003 02:19 Go to previous message
RA60's have a 6.7" T series diff, same as RA23/28/40, so that's not really an upgrade. Hilux diffs are very strong (8" G series), but they will NOT fit in a Celica housing; you have to swap the whole axle.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Baby Lambo
Next Topic:Swapping from carby to injected
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 07:00:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048160552978516 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.