Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
[-astroboy-]
Occasional Poster

April 2003
MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Tue, 08 April 2003 23:54 Go to next message
Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this thread.. but here we go Smile

I'm intending to purchase a MK4 TT Manual Supra very soon, and as much as manufacturers and reviewers can say about this car, the best reflection I believe is from the owners themselves! So far having very little knowledge about the intricate details of this car, I am asking the *owners* of this car their overall impressions of it?

- Handling
- Performance
- Comfort
- Components that squeek
- Bits that frequently fall off
- etc etc.. You get the idea Smile

Lay it on me! Maybe this thread may become a good reference source for others in a similar position as I? Lets see how we go Surprised
  Send a private message to this user    
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Wed, 09 April 2003 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate, log yourself onto www.supraforums.com

From my experience (I own an NA, but have been in TT), they go very well, they are heavy, but you dont seem to feel it, like say a TT Auto Soarer. The handling is quite good, I was actually surprised, it out handles my Gt Starlet. The only problem I have heard of from other drivers, is that the is a rattle in the boot. Mine hasnt started to do this yet.

Are you in syd? If so, there is a Sydney Supra Club too.
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Wed, 09 April 2003 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My only qualm with a Supra is that they're a bit heavy. They don't really feel it, but you will chew out tyres and brakes a bit quicker than a lighter car.

Personally I'd try to get a late model one as the brakes are much better.
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Wed, 09 April 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are slooowww.
Handle like water filled boats.
Look like they been driven though camel poop.
Attract flys.
Bad Actor.
And that 2JZ sucks more balls than a ball sucking machine in a suck the ball convention.

Very Happy

Go Test drive one, no one can tell you how they feel, it's like describing an apple pie.
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Wed, 09 April 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had a short drive of a 97 MK4 TT.

The car had the 4 pot brakes, 6 speed gearbox and whatever else came with the 97 version.

Brakes are sensational, very impressive.

Gearbox - 1 of the main reasons I'm converting to a 2jz with this box, it is without a doubt 1 of the sweetest shifting gearboxes I've had the pleasure to use - They are just sensational.

Handling was good, they are a very sturdy, comfortable car (This had the leather seats up the front too).

His car was immaculate, so it had no squeeks or funny rattles.

take 1 for a test drive....that's your best bet.
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Wed, 09 April 2003 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i knew a guy that was selling a red TT supra a few months ago for 35k. its a very impressive car! but the thing i dont like about it is that where i live they are way too common... an over abundance spoils an otherwise untouchable car. i like it!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Thu, 10 April 2003 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've never driven one, but I've been in ashling's many a time.
true they're heavy, but with 300+bhp and those brakes, you dont notice it.
corners very impressively, imho very sexy.... and a car I would very much like to own (when I'm a millionaire).
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Fri, 11 April 2003 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a guy in our club selling one for 24k, with hi kms tho, 94 model, 175,000kms
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Fri, 11 April 2003 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
175?!?
fark, if you're gonna be buying a TT I'd want one with less kms than that.. might as well get a good one!

a mate of mine found a 6 speed tt with 80k, 19" rims and lowered 3 inches (and threw in a set of teins he had) for $31500

but dont expect to find one like that again in a hurry (or ever)
Spaceboy
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Sun, 13 April 2003 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I own a late model 95 TT model. I made sure mine was post May 95 as thats when the upgrade for brake and other extras options came as standard on RZ models rather than being options.

Anyway mine handles pretty good I can actually tell the difference in steering rather than dragging my ass with my previous FF cars. Havent had any rattling in my boot yet. And its mighty quick even in its stock form. (No mods yet, too poor now) Sad Someone told me they think the Supra's interior is more a drivers car as everything facing towards the driver rather than face straight flat.

Where are you strober? In Brisbane I havent seen that many around before but I've seen more lately, mainly N/A 93 models. But still its quite uncommon here compared to the many models of the Skyline. One of the reasons I chose the Supra was because I wanted one ever since I saw them first imported back around '97/'98 and because its so sleek. I love my Supra! Very Happy

Goodluck with it [-astroboy]!
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Sun, 13 April 2003 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The fact that its a Toyota is obviously the main thing though.....right everyone?????
[-astroboy-]
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Mon, 14 April 2003 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mia, absoloutely. I have already set up my Toyota shrine at home, complete with candles and incencse and a small ae86 model covered in flowers. Of course, you all have a shrine.. don't you?!?

Nice feedback peoples. I see Mr. Bank today regarding the loan.. hopefully pics of the new Supra coming in the next month or so Smile
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Tue, 15 April 2003 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My whole house is a shrine Smile My couch is made out of a Corolla, my fridge is a Sprinter, my washing machine is a RAV4...well you get it, everyone has the same thing I am sure Rolling Eyes
[-astroboy-]
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Tue, 15 April 2003 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a great idea. I think I'll buy the Supra, and use it for a rather snazzy coffee table. And yes, I'll *insist* my guests use coasters.

"Don't you dare get coffee on my $40k table!!"
LowRollaBoy
Regular

June 2002
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Thu, 08 May 2003 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pros:
Lets just begin with saying 300bhp standard.
Bulletproof bottom end, with the 2jzgte engine over-engineered to handle well over 600 engine hp with no need for internal mods.
2-4pot calipers depending on year, sleek looks, factory LSD, Getrag 6spd manual (virtually indestructable, rugged unit), can handle very well, responsive steering, 300bhp engine, twin turbos, 300bhp engine, road presence, 300bhp engine.. oh did i mention 300bhp engine? Shares same supsension/chassis components as the Soarer.

Cons:
Whiplash, blind spots, chews tires and brakes, heavy (but doesnt feel it), alot of wheelspin even with large non-oem Pirelli 265 tyres! (can be alleviated with the traction control to ON), staged turbos (feels flat before 4K RPM), noisy transmission at low rpm (this is perfectly normal in alot of 6spd's, it is the flywheel damping springs rattling, not the design of the transmission dogs,), too many chicks trying to score a lift.
Evan_26
Regular

April 2003
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Thu, 08 May 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wowowowo hold on, whats wrong with chicks wanting to score a lift ???? Wink

Yeah a Supra, or R34 GTR, Evo 6/7/8 not much else out there in the money range that good, BMW M3 but bit more expensive. Thats if you want a "sports" car.

Supra would be an absolutly wicked car with 400kgs less weight !

E
Keith
Newcomer

May 2003
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Thu, 08 May 2003 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a supra....buy it LD Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Thu, 08 May 2003 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[-astroboy-

wrote on Tue, 15 April 2003 09:42]Mia, absoloutely. I have already set up my Toyota shrine at home, complete with candles and incencse and a small ae86 model covered in flowers. Of course, you all have a shrine.. don't you?!?Smile

hehe - all supra and celica owners should sacrafice corollas on this shrine - then the 2 door gods will be proud Smile

id love a tt suupra - though id be hard pressed looking past a st205 or GTR skyline in the next new car upgrade - i love awd Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Thu, 08 May 2003 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd hapily sacrifice the AWD aspect for the sheer sexiness and fun of a supra.
admittedly I like my cars with good performance... but a supra is sexy enough that it's 0-100 time isn't *that* important to me, as long as I had it under 5
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MkIV Supra, Manual TT - The Goods, Bads, Best Aspects Thu, 08 May 2003 09:36 Go to previous message
the Mk 5 is my runer up ultimate rear wheel drive car - the porsche 911 being the top contender - I love the Mk5's heaps - though I am a handling nut - and really - AWD is a good place to be if you want to have fun in corners without the unpredictablity of under or oversteer in great degrees Smile

the more toyotas being loved - the better the world will be !
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How to pack and send rims?
Next Topic:honda ad
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:19:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057659149169922 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.