Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mx73_LuXoBarge
Regular

October 2002
icon2.gif  Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Sun, 11 May 2003 03:37 Go to next message
Well since I've finally lost my licence Laughing (I thought I did pretty well to go through 16 points on a Provisional, cost a fortune to buy friends points tho Embarassed) I'm selling the Cressida while its still worth what I owe on it (faaarrrk that hurts Crying or Very Sad ).

So, here are the options for the next project(gonna spend 2 years on it and get it right straight up!)

1. RA28- 4A-gze OR 3S-GTE (depending on difficulty/price etc.) in British Racing Green w/twin white stripes (classic look maybe even some leather inside Cool)

-------OR--------/strays away from trusted Toys....

2. Gen1 Subaru Outback sedan w/EJ20T or 22T.. All black(inc. FMIC), All wheel drive, all black (very much a sleeper)

3. A Toyota equiv. to the Subaru - obvious choice would be a GT4, which I like a lot (esp since its already got the 3s-gte)
But the GT4 really lacks the sleeper potential that I enjoy so much.

So what other combinations of GT4 drivetrain and sleeper chasis are possible? Should I just go with the Subie? Or the RA28?

Would it be an option to cut down the tailshaft and cram the GT4 drivetrain into a Xa2X???? Shocked I realise I'm prob. dreaming

I'm trying to stay with the Toys, but my friends insane liberty is just sooooooo fun....
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Thanks heaps for the suggestions,
Andrew

Send a private message to this user    
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Sun, 11 May 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about working one of those all wheel drive corolla wagons off of its nuts, they look pretty crap but would be a great sleeper Laughing
BR1183
Regular

October 2002
Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Sun, 11 May 2003 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dream car.
It can be yours too if you have the time to build it, I wish i had.

The car that i would rate as top for fun if you had to build it would be a TA-22 with a few mods Very Happy

I would have in it:
*A 6 cyl holden engine, fully blown.
*A 6 speed toyota supra gear box.
*A hilux diff.
*A nice set of fats.
*Dragway mags.
*Full sony explod system with two 13' subs in ether sides of the boot.
*An anti cop cloaking device Rolling Eyes I WISH
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Sun, 11 May 2003 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

A 6 cyl holden engine, fully blown
you are joking aren't you? Confused
Mx73_LuXoBarge
Regular

October 2002
icon10.gif  Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Sun, 11 May 2003 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing
A Holden V6 in a TA22???!!!! Crack-up!!

U have to push back the firewall just to get a 1g-gte in there!
and that's only a 2 litre straight six.
And mating the V6 to a Toy 6spd Rolling Eyes - sounds like a job for Castlemain Rod Shop Very Happy

BR1183- It's a nice dream my friend, but the reality would be near to impossible

7m-gte83 - Thanks for the suggestion but the Tercel/Rolla 4wd you're refering to has a notoriously weak drivetrain.
In fact i think I remember reading an old thread in here were a guy actually replaced the Tercel bits with those from a GT4 for rally use... don't quote me on that, it was about a year ago.

Come on guys!!! Please....................
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Sun, 11 May 2003 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends what you want

obviously the subaru with have better early acceleration/handing, thankd to awd.
a 3s-gte ra28 would be nutters, and a car I'd love to own.

A bit expensive to get it in there, but if a celica was what I wanted, that's the conversion I'd do.

I'd be going for the celica,but as always I think you should buy what you want
Mx73_LuXoBarge
Regular

October 2002
icon10.gif  Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Sun, 11 May 2003 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draven- The 28 with a 3S was always the most fun choice:evil:

but the subaru would prob. have a better resale (but anyone here would buy the 28 with a 3s if I built it and got bored(as if!!!))
Confused Sad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Sun, 11 May 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why would the Subaru have better resale? Its not exactly a special car that would attract interest and a restored old Celica would be a classic that is only going to start going up in price.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Sun, 11 May 2003 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the subaru liberties etc onwards hold their value extreemly well but only the 4wd versions seem to. subarus are an excelent car but im here to convince you to buy a toyota. go the RA celica!
corolla madness
Regular

January 2003
Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Sun, 11 May 2003 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buy a rolla and drop a 3SGTE in it now that would be a sleeper. Just make sure you front mount the intercooler we dont want no bonnet scoop giving it away.
Mx73_LuXoBarge
Regular

October 2002
Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Mon, 12 May 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank- You make a good point but the reason I think the Subaru would have a better resale is simply because it would be a mid ninties car, lots of mod cons etc. Whereas the Celica would apeall to a far more select (and intelligent Very Happy) audience.

munki - If I was to go the subbie way it would most certainly be AWD, I didn't think there was any other option in recent models?... Man you have to help Prue (Moran) with her TA23!!!!
Its got the potential but she needs a new shell and she needs to be conviced too let go of the freshly rebuilt boat anchor Laughing She's poring money down a well when she could be creating a beast! She won't take my advice 'cause she's let me drive it and seen what I made it do aroud Tambo, Rolling Eyes (mmmmm... so many bendies...damn I miss Tamborine Mountain Crying or Very Sad) so its up to you to convince her! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Corolla Madness - thankyou for the suggestion but I am probably THE most anti-FWD person you'll ever meet. ie. I feel I special affinity with oversteer Very Happy Very Happy
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Mon, 12 May 2003 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No he was talking about one of the old rear wheel drive corrolla's. You colud build up an old roller much like yellow rolla. That thing is an animal.

If you are after a sleeper though the ultimate sleeper is either a cressida or a crown. These so called Grandpa cars can pack a sweet punch with the right power plant and they don't look as fast as they go.

And BR1183 Why use pushrods?????????????????????????????????
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Mon, 12 May 2003 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mx73_LuXoBarge wrote on Sun, 11 May 2003 13:37

I'm trying to stay with the Toys, but my friends insane liberty is just sooooooo fun....

Take it on with an insane Celica GT4!!! Evil or Very Mad I assume you're talking about the one with the pop-up headlights (can't remember what chassis code it is)? Those things look great when modified, and if it's a normal GT4 it still looks kinda sleeper-ish. How can you resist a 3SGTE?!
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Mon, 12 May 2003 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha sounds like you are saying in a roundabout way she needs a new whole car. ill take her recaros though (such as they are). she was interested in the project celica and i may well still sell it to her just gotta fix it paint it and put it back togher lol. hmm 4 weeks holidays comming up maybe something will come of it. I didnt see you meant a late model subaru which are virtually all awd. and why u leave the tambo?

u need a old school celica. (chant) celica celica doitdoit
Mx73_LuXoBarge
Regular

October 2002
Re: Crossing to the dark side...need convincing on Toyota Mon, 12 May 2003 22:24 Go to previous message
The Stit- Ahhhh.. so much clearer now Smile U mean an AE86? I like those a hell of a lot even though I've never been in one...
As for the Cressida, I have an MX73 with a totally reconditioned drivetrain (engine has done 100,000Ks,g'box has done 5ooo, brand new taishaft etc.), 4 new tyres and a nice Clarion system sitting in the driveway... Rolling Eyes wanna buy it?

Soarin- Your absolutely right, the STXXX (168?; 205) would woop its arse, but to make a GT4 a sleeper I would have have to change the bonnet, debadge and respray...... no thanks. But damn I want a 3S-GTE under the bonnet of something Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Munki - Yeah pretty much man Laughing she didn't need a new shell till she ran up the arse of a Forester while changing CD's!!!
I had to go pick her up from the hang gliding spot afterwards and it was fucking funny. (For me and her passengers anyway Laughing)
And as for the Suby I didn't realise that the old square ones are also called outbacks Embarassed I meant the one that came out parrallel to the Gen1 Liberty - early 90's.
Dude you probably know the Liberty I was talking about... Nick Ashwin's maroon beast which is sitting in his parents driveway now that Suzuki Motorsport sent him to Germany Shocked .

Ok as far as style, individuallity, and general drool worthyness (there's no way thats a word Very Happy)
the winner is -----
BRITISH GREEN RA28 WITH 3S-GTE and eventually some leather interior... same tan as the MR2 Spyders Evil or Very Mad Laughing Cool

As for leaving Tambo, I've moved to Brissy 'cause I start a Multimedia and IT course at QANTM in a month.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:One less 180SX on Sydneys Roads
Next Topic:ae86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 09:54:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054769515991211 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.