Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Brown Hornet
Regular

October 2002
22r head suit reco Sat, 10 May 2003 04:44 Go to next message
i am looking for a 22r head to suit reco.must be cheap as i just dont want my car to sit around while my head gets done.
  Send a private message to this user    
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: 22r head suit reco Sat, 10 May 2003 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheep and 22r head does not match. We had to get one in from the wreckers at work and that cost $350 and still needed welding.

I have a spare head still attached to a motor - $300
Brown Hornet
Regular

October 2002
Re: 22r head suit reco Mon, 12 May 2003 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bloddy hell .I'll take your word for it that they arent cheap.i might as well by another ke30 to drive around in while my head gets done.I'm sure i wont even loose money that way.
Thanks for reply/insight into this problem of mine. Embarassed
TE35
Regular

May 2003
Re: 22r head suit reco Tue, 13 May 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do 21R heads fit? I'm guessing that they would give higher compression if they did fit. I have a 21R carby head that I really don't need.
My suggestion would be to put an 18RG in, as 22R engines are pretty bad, in my experience.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 22r head suit reco Tue, 13 May 2003 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. For a 21r head to give higher compression,it would have to be a veryearly round-port head, the same design as the 20r. It seems most (maybee all?) 21r heads we got are not,and are the samer designas the 22R

2. Besides which, it would have to be a tall-deck 22R engine for it to go on anyway, and i'm pretty sure we just got the later '85+ short deck engines. The 20R/early 21R heads increase CR on a talldeck,but actually decrease it badly on a short deck. It could be milled to fix this, but there are a few other issues, i think.

Is this a 22RE in an ra65, or corona, or a 22R in a hilux? what are you having done to it?
Brown Hornet
Regular

October 2002
Re: 22r head suit reco Tue, 13 May 2003 07:40 Go to previous message
22R is in my 4runner(hilux).I was wanting to get it ported and in the future wanting to supercharge the old girl.BUT,they way things are going it might be just easier to put a holden V6 in it.My main concern with one of those is how much do they hate water even if there is a snorkel fitted.the old 22r is good when it comes to water as the dizzy is sealed tighter than a NUNS Shocked !.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE82 Hatch - Front and Rear Bar
Next Topic:Ke30 stuff
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 05:39:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052740573883057 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.