Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Thu, 17 April 2003 05:28 Go to next message
I am looking into buying myself a levin/trueno with the 20V, although it is not getting very far as I am having trouble finding anyone that deals with them.
Does anyone know of anyone in Australia importing/compliancing or selling them???
Any links or numbers would be great Smile
Pics are good too, to look at them makes me feel like I am getting somewhere Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
ta478
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Thu, 17 April 2003 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think al palmer auto repairs are importing them as i work for
toyota and he drove one here the other day. they are in penrith
sydney the phone number is 0247-215060 give them a call they could help with the search goodluck!!!
Evan_26
Regular

April 2003
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Thu, 17 April 2003 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unique Auto Sports in sydney seem to have some.

www.uniqueautosports.com.au

E
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Thu, 17 April 2003 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just checked out Just Jap in Kirrawee here in Sth Sydney, they've got a couple up for sale... I remember seeing a very nice black one for sale (similar to the one I posted in another thread here)... can't remember the price though, around $14K-ish...
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Thu, 17 April 2003 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the Just Jap site??
I checked on unique auto sports, the only one half decent (in my opinion) is the white one, and well, its not so good looking either!)
I am really wanting to get an AE111 with the later model 20v.
I am after a dark coloured one to (well my preference is). Or yellow, yellow would be yummy Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 17 April 2003 14:06]

Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Fri, 18 April 2003 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ladysx get yourself an aw11 mr2 supercharged......over 15yrs now Smile
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Fri, 18 April 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I already have my GZE, need some rev loving N/A power now Smile
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Sat, 19 April 2003 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LadySX wrote on Fri, 18 April 2003 00:05

Whats the Just Jap site??
I checked on unique auto sports, the only one half decent (in my opinion) is the white one, and well, its not so good looking either!)
I am really wanting to get an AE111 with the later model 20v.
I am after a dark coloured one to (well my preference is). Or yellow, yellow would be yummy Smile

LadySX,

Here's the link to JustJap...

I reckon the best looking ones are the Levins, even if only they have a hint of looking like the Soarer somewhat Smile Very Happy

All of the examples I've seen have all had the 4AGE 20v in them (the ones at Unique and Just Jap)
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Sun, 20 April 2003 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

All of the examples I've seen have all had the 4AGE 20v in them (the ones at Unique and Just Jap)

all AE101 and AE111 levins and truenos had 20valve engines in them. the only differences were the body and cosmetic details

i will scan some pics of ae111 and 101's from my magazine later for you guys
Smile
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Sun, 20 April 2003 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE101 Levin
http://www.bomexaero.com/images1/ae101/ad076.jpg

AE101 Trueno
http://www.bomexaero.com/images1/ae101/ad075.jpg

AE111 Levin
http://www.bomexaero.com/images1/ae111/ad364.jpg

AE111 Trueno
http://www.bomexaero.com/images1/ae111/ad356.jpg

AE111 Trueno = sexy Razz
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Sun, 20 April 2003 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?tt=url &url=http%3A%2F%2Fplaza.across.or.jp%2F%7Einte r96%2Fae111h.html&lp=ja_en

thats a good read on the AE111
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Sun, 20 April 2003 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys, your info has been very helpful. I am wanting to get as much information on them all so that I can get a clear idea of exactly what I want and what I wil land wont settle for, and this is helping much more than my search engine queries!!! lol
The ae101 did come with a GZE, but although approved for import and compliance to AUS, no one has done it due to the fact that the GZE running standard ECU refuses for some reason to meet our emissions laws, they keep failing the ADR 37, so no one is bothering to do it Sad
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Sun, 27 April 2003 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I have recieved responses from about four different importers so far, 2 of which deal with the Levin/Trueno. From what they have been able to tell me, the only ones being imported at present are the AE101 which is a bit disappointing Sad
I have asked about the likelihood of extending their dealings to the AE111, so I will let you all know what the response is there when I get one Smile
Dyno Dave
Occasional Poster

March 2003

Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Mon, 28 April 2003 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a look at one in Nowra on Sunday it is for sale,I will get a phone number for you as the owner of the car is coming to Sydney this week.
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Fri, 02 May 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got off the phone with "Al Palmer" or his workshop phone answerer to be exact. They have an AE111 Levin BZG in stock (WOOOOOHOOOOO). It is still going through compliance though, but they estimate that they will sell it for around the $20K mark, which is rather reasonable seeing as though its a late 95 model (black top).
Very excited Smile
timothy_5
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Fri, 02 May 2003 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is AI palmer do the compliance or just sell ?

Thanks
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Fri, 02 May 2003 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they do the compliance, which is great for me if i happen to find one in Japan that I want Smile
timothy_5
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Fri, 02 May 2003 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how much do you think the reasonable cost for ae101 levin MT?
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Sat, 03 May 2003 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well considering the AE101 sells in Japan for about $2000 - $3500, if you work it out it wouold probably only cost about the $10K mark at the most to have it in AUS and on the road. So really if you pay $15K you are giving them an extra $5K for their services. I know I would rather source the car, bring it in myself and just have them comply it. That way I keep the extra money in my pocket for more mods Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Sat, 03 May 2003 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how would the blacktop compare to your 4agze ladysx ?

power wise - is it an up - or down step ?

BTW - guy in colac here has a 300zx ( wifes car ) with the plates LADYZX! - theres your pointless info for today Wink
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Sat, 03 May 2003 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a step down from my GZE in terms of power output (especially considering my mods), but I kinda miss the feel of N/A and the way the GE loves to rev high and hard. I also kinda like the thought of more than one throttle body! he he
I don't really want it for the big hp though, I just want a good looking daily driver that has the classy look, and in my opinion the AE111 has it if done up right. Not to mention the fact that I next to no one will have any idea what sort of car it is next to them at the set of lights Surprised

Yeah the LADY__ plates are a bit of a bastard! After I got mine a woman in my area popped up about a month later with LADYSS on her Commodore, I nearly ripped her head off! lol, then a girl at my old work got BABYMX on her MX5 (she told people she was trying to make it less obvious that she was in direct competition with me). Gone are the days of originality!!!

[Updated on: Sat, 03 May 2003 10:30]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Wed, 07 May 2003 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check your Pm ladySX

a nice surprise
and a very meritable dealer too
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Thu, 08 May 2003 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remember that if the car is under 15 years old, YOU CANNOT just bring the car in yourself (unless you cut it in half), its got to be brought in by someone who can do the compliancing...these cars must be on the SEVS registry and the compliance place has to be on the SEVS registry for compliancing.

There are ways of bringing it in yourself but you've had to have owned it for a year in the country it was from....there's a hell of a lot of redtape.

If the car is 15years and older, just whack it on the ship and bring it over, general customs and quarrantine paperwork and fees and you don't need the car to immediately undergo compliancing.

http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/vsb/vsb_10.htm

[Updated on: Thu, 08 May 2003 05:42]

LowRollaBoy
Regular

June 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Wed, 14 May 2003 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Under DOTARS and SEVS, any importer is able to import you an ae101/111

heres the listing for avalability for ae111:
http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/124-00.htm

LADYSX, i have contancts for very trusted importers.
They are UPI and JSPEC. both work within each other for importing and compliancing, so i suggest u speak to them or call me and we can speak to Pauly for you.

20v! Very Happy mmmmmmm revs mmmm yum yumyummm
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Sat, 17 May 2003 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Eggie (LowRollaBoy),

I have spoken to JSPEC and to be honest, they were anything but enthusiastic about the Levin/Trueno. If I am going to importing a car, then I have to be able to trust the people I am giving authoristy to choose the car, not to mention handing over an add $20K! I sent an email to Pauls work about a month ago about the viability of them helping, and I am still waiting for a response! lol, I know they have a great reputation for importing, but i dont think they have ever brought in a Levin.

I have been talking to a dealer/importer in New Zealand who has been FANTASTIC. He also has a gorgeous electric blue AE111 BZ-R in stock (97 model black top 6 speed). It would cost me $16500 to buy it and have it in my driveway, which would be great considering compliance is about $4K I think (?)
I guess I just want to do little more research on price differences between bringing one over from Japan, New Zealand or purchasing here.
with any luck the new financial year will begin with me in my new beastly BZ-R. Fingers crossed Smile
AE82neo
Regular

June 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Sat, 17 May 2003 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
their was a AE111 Trueno with a Blacktop 20v and 6 speed box for sale on the jap yahoo auctions for $132 AUD.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Sat, 17 May 2003 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bit off topic...

But wots going to happen to that beastly ae92 gze??
Or you gonna keep both toys Smile

rock on

[Updated on: Sat, 17 May 2003 16:00]

LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Sat, 17 May 2003 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to be honest i am still undecided as to whether I will keep the SX. I really really want to, but as my boyfriend keeps reminding me, the upkeep of two modified cars isnt going to be cheap and the last thing I want is a neglected car.
At this stage I am thinking to buy the Levin, drive it around for a few weeks to see if I am satisfied with the performance and the car itself, and if I am, then to sell LADYSX, but if not, then I will sell the import and keep my Rolla. Ideally though I would like to be able to keep both and use the Levin as my everyday car, and do the Rolla up as a track/weekend car.
I just can't imagine not having LADYSX in my driveway, I have never kept a car so long in my life! lol, 3 years, 3 months and counting Smile
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Mon, 19 May 2003 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good move!

ROCK ON.
cozb
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Tue, 02 March 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my uncle just help me to leave some money on a Levin AE111 BZ-R 6 speed manual and guy from HK is going to hold the car for me for 3 months
as i am an oversea student i can get the car in though personal import....shame
the car cost me $36000HK so it is around $6000
and there are heaps of AE101 for even cheaper in HK

if some one can help me out with the compliancing

Go and check it out
http://www.28car.com/sell_dsp.php?h_id=8612&h_ url_dsp_src=/sell_lst.php&h_vw=1&h_f_mk=29 &h_f_eg=3&h_f_tr=2
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Import Levin/Trueno dealers/importers??? Wed, 03 March 2004 03:51 Go to previous message
I got a question about the the AE101/AE111 Trueno/Levins. They are FWD aren't they?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:just need a idea what an ae86 is worth
Next Topic:rolling guards on my rolla...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:57:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059380531311035 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.