Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2T-GEU dual valve springs in 88222 head?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hemiyoda
Newcomer

July 2002
2T-GEU dual valve springs in 88222 head? Wed, 14 May 2003 11:05 Go to next message
Hello,

As the topic says, is this possible/are they compatible?Worthwhile upgrade?

Sorry if this has come up several times, I tried to search first. Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 2T-GEU dual valve springs in 88222 head? Wed, 14 May 2003 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What you really need to do is get springs to suit the cams you were planning on useing. There is no point having springs that are rated to much higger than your cams, they will just require more power to lift them than is necessary. The stock Springs are fine with a stock cam and redline, after that speak to your engine builder as to what springs will work best for you.
hemiyoda
Newcomer

July 2002
Re: 2T-GEU dual valve springs in 88222 head? Thu, 15 May 2003 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stock -222 cams
I have a bit lighter exhaust valves. 8mm stem vs. 8.5mm
Stock intake valves
The engine is going to be turboed

Now with these facts in the equation.. got any more tips?

I got the advice in the www.fintoys.net forum that I could run 2T-GEU inner springs in conjuction with -222 springs, if I'd want more spring pressure.

The positive pressure on the intake side, is that something I have to consider, or is the effect negligible small?

I have to try to stay with springs available (if available heh) from toyota, otherwise my enginebuilder is going to charge me an arm & a leg. Wink I'm a newbie at these kind of things so all help is appreciated.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:35]

earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: 2T-GEU dual valve springs in 88222 head? Fri, 16 May 2003 12:57 Go to previous message
"What you really need to do is get springs to suit the cams you were planning on useing."

There is no better way of putting it. If you are going to run stock cams then run the springs that correspond to the particular grind. Or, use the cams and springs from the head that already runs double valve springs. If you are getting your cams welded and re-ground to better suit the turbo then get the person/company who regrinds the cams to specify the correct springs.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Upping 4AGZE compression
Next Topic:HKS headgaskets...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 09:32:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049350261688232 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.