Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Tue, 06 May 2003 23:16 Go to next message
Just picked up fast fours and rotaries this morning, Tim Frost's Celica is in there. Definately worth grabbing a copy for a look.

Cheers
Joel
  Send a private message to this user    
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 07 May 2003 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, very nice! 13B in it now. ahhh, when was the last time a TOYOTA has been on the cover! Ohh shit, copupla issues ago with the IS200 and Celica hehehe

Ok, Old School toyota then!
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 07 May 2003 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice finnaly something fast in there magazines that is half decent Razz
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 07 May 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I looked at this mag just a few minutes ago, I nearly bought it but Tims TA22 was the only thing worth looking at! Just wasnt worth the $8 Sad

Anyone got a scanner? Very Happy
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 07 May 2003 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is fast fours yeah ?

May's Issue ?

Ta
Mani
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 07 May 2003 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Fast Fours! Tims car is on the front cover Smile
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 07 May 2003 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shweet as
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 07 May 2003 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i read half of it at uni, i cant believe he is using the standard ta22 diff
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 07 May 2003 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Wed, 07 May 2003 10:39

Yes, very nice! 13B in it now.

That would be a 13BT.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 May 2003 12:05]

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 07 May 2003 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oz_Craig wrote on Wed, 07 May 2003 21:08

i read half of it at uni, i cant believe he is using the standard ta22 diff

wont be for long.. give him 2 weeks.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 07 May 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bugman - i can't believe your using a standard RA2* diff! Shocked

get yourself moving boy!! Razz
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 08 May 2003 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate the half dead one from the standard motor lasted 3months.. well I really started to give it some shit over easter when my mates came up from melbourne so if I take it easy.. hahaha.. it should last atleast one month Smiley =
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 08 May 2003 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, thats one very nice looking celica...
Troy
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Racer-X
Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Sat, 10 May 2003 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those half roll cages, anybody got an approx cost on those? Any disadvantages to having one?

does that car look black or what? i can't believe it's "red" coral pearl whatever. Has anybody here actually seen it in the flesh?
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Sun, 11 May 2003 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh for a paint job like that Sad Sad Sad Sad
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Sun, 11 May 2003 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on, come on someone scan it already Very Happy !!

Cheers
Wilbo
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Sun, 11 May 2003 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok ok i might do it tomorow if i can find my mag and get around to do it. How is that thing legal??
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Mon, 12 May 2003 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cause it aint NSW !!!
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Mon, 12 May 2003 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen this car in the flesh, I almost bought his iold set-up with the supercharged 2tg. it is a sweet paint job, and it is also 7 years old, has been sitting in a garage forever....
as for it being lergal, and the comment about it not being in nsw, as far as I know, it's not even legal here in SA. nor weas it when it had the supercharged 2tg.
Not trying to disrespect Tim or his efforts but just trying to shed some light on my knowledge, only one person knows the full story bout this car....

Brendon.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 14 May 2003 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really sweet car, all it is missing is half a dozen pistons, oh well you can't have everything.

Tim if you are reading, awesome job mate. The car is a credit to you.

sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 15 May 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do people still want copies, ibought the mag and have a scanner pm me if ya want a copy.cheers
alex
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 15 May 2003 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do I do Very Happy
sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 15 May 2003 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad all gone

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2003 08:54]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 15 May 2003 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that the size you scanned them or did you resize them?
sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 15 May 2003 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad gone aswell

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2003 08:58]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 15 May 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe its just me, But I cant read them Confused If you could scan them a little bigger I could host them for you Smile
sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 15 May 2003 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, its no prob i've already deleted some cr@p off my site too make room, i'll post tha bigger ones 2morrow.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 15 May 2003 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great thanks.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 15 May 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for doing that Sleeka...

I'll be joining Fast Fours VIP soon so I'll post the pics that are on the site when I join up...
sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 15 May 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok fellas the new scans are up, now u can read them Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 15 May 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh thats better. Thanks Very Happy
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 15 May 2003 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woo Hoo! Very Happy
Thanks dude.

Cheers
Wilbo
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Thu, 15 May 2003 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2003 06:54]

gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Mon, 19 May 2003 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few pics in the mag of toymods vehicles at small car sunday too
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon13.gif  Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Mon, 19 May 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, Just a little party pooing on the scanned pages !

Appart from the legal issues I am not at liberty to ignore just for a second stop and think about how the big bad world actually works.

Car magazines (even the ricey ones) are there to make money ! They make it by selling magazines, now the more they sell the more they repeat what made them sell. Ie if you want to see anything decent in Fast fours again stop being such tight asses and buy a friggen copy. If an edition sells well it is attributed to the cover car, ditto if it sells badly !

So for the comprehension challenged every time someone reads the scans instead of buying the mag it is one more nail in the coffin for old school cars to make a magazine ever again ! Sad

How about supporting the fact they have done the story and buy a copy. Haveing had my car feature a long while ago now i was quite surprised to learn from everyone I spoke to that most of the guys at these magazine would actually PREFER to have stayed with the Old school cars. Problem is they didn't sell enough copies and they cannot find enough of them ! Sad

Enough said ? I'm sur ethose scan will be gone by the morning !

Thankyou.

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Mon, 19 May 2003 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good call Rod i shall edit my post

Rod you and Tim should get together and have a photo shoot done of both your cars it would be great to see black and white side by side of the 2 most well presented TA22's in aust..

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Mon, 19 May 2003 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that Rob but not sure mine will be up to the Standard of Tims. Embarassed

I intend to keep it in the condition it has been all they way thru the build but I friggen hate polishing alloy and chrome so it will be light on in the engine bay department.

But you never know, Both Hot 4's and Fast fours were waiting on me to finish it last I spoke to them but by the time its finished there might not be anyone left who gives a toss but me and a few old Toymoders ! lol
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Mon, 19 May 2003 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28 wrote on Mon, 19 May 2003 13:27

A few pics in the mag of toymods vehicles at small car sunday too

yeah looked today anthony , there is a group shot of the celicas with witzl getting enthisized, and a engine bay pic of dcvings all mighty 1ggte,
sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Mon, 19 May 2003 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take down the scans now, cant be too good for me if some fast fours editor or something comes past it Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:01]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Tue, 20 May 2003 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay! my car's in a magazine.

albeit the size of my thumbnail...
4SFED
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 21 May 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,

Thanks for all your great comments! Glad most of y'all liked the article... and all i can say is abotu time they got a decent car on the cover!!! heheh yeah i know, i am biased but anyway! Smile

Has anybody managed to get a copy of the scan of the article? I no longer have access to a scanner and am dying for a copy. I know there is legal crap going on, but if i can get a copy i will put it on my site and take full responsibilty for any crap that happens.

If you could let me know ASAP that would be great.

Shoot an email to me timbo_frosty @ hotmail.com

cheerz,

Timbo
4SFED Celica
4SFED
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 21 May 2003 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Snyper wrote on Mon, 12 May 2003 18:51

I have seen this car in the flesh, I almost bought his iold set-up with the supercharged 2tg. it is a sweet paint job, and it is also 7 years old, has been sitting in a garage forever....
as for it being lergal, and the comment about it not being in nsw, as far as I know, it's not even legal here in SA. nor weas it when it had the supercharged 2tg.
Not trying to disrespect Tim or his efforts but just trying to shed some light on my knowledge, only one person knows the full story bout this car....

Brendon.

No, at this stage the cars isnt legal, but it WILL be engineered some time soon. Apparently i wony have too many problems, seeing as though i have done everything right. Like the motor isnt just dropped in there on dodgy mounts, no body mods have been made, and i have some HUGE front brakes on it.

The last thing i want is to start drivign it and get pulled over and then get bent over the bonnet by some lovely cop. Wink

Timbo
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Tim Frosts rotary celica in FF&R Wed, 21 May 2003 04:02 Go to previous message
Tim,

If you do have any engineering hassels in Vic then drop Jamie (1UZ-FTE on these forums) a line re the contact details for his engineer. He isn't the type that will ignore the rules but he does look at the whole picture and seems to be very reasonable on what is allowed.

Jamies Twin Turbo V8 was fully engineered !

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:newly polished bits on my car
Next Topic:For all you celica owners
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:43:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010861158370972 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.