Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Upping 4AGZE compression Wed, 14 May 2003 11:24 Go to next message
Well, it sure has been a long time hasn't it...

Nonetheless,

Im wanting to push the compression ratio of the 4AGTE build up to something a little higher, around 8.5:1 or 8.8:1.

(1) Ive got onto Toda Racing, and they can supply a 'Racing' 0.6mm Metal 4AG head gasket for AU$212 (delivered) which if ive measured the 4AGZE properly should come to 8.5:1.

(2) Someone suggested i look at the Toyota genuine 7AFE H/G because sopposedly its 0.5mm thick. Ive asked Toyota here in SA for the exact thickness, but the morons dont know, "We just go by part numbers" they said.

Anyone know what thickness the stock 7AFE H/G is?

(3) Get a 0.5mm copper one cut by a joint here in SA called 'Copper Gaskets' who "Can make copper gaskets for any car,...application."

(4) Shave the head, which is a one way process. Mmmm scary indeed.

However as part of the build, a head re-surfacing is in order. So it will be clean enough for a Metal gasket anyway. So it might be possible to go to about 8.8:1, with a combination of head slight shaving and a thinner gasket.

Post your ideas/comments below, and if youre up to it check my figures/measurements in my other thread (4AGZE tech details).

http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=13724&start=0&rid=422&S=6649a1 ef6e9b6ca2aa7d32f105fb26a0

Rex

Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Upping 4AGZE compression Wed, 14 May 2003 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Later 4AGZE pistons, 8.9:1?
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Upping 4AGZE compression Thu, 15 May 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I soppose that would be the best but i dont wanna have to go through all that clearance, torquing and re-building bollocks.

The Bottom end is still original and hasn't been opened so i was going to leave it alone. plus a head gasket is as simple as they come.

Then again if someone has some 8.9:1 pistons they want to part with, ill 'ave em...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Upping 4AGZE compression Thu, 15 May 2003 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude.. get the part numbers for them and get them from toyota - they seriously cost less than $500! NEW
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Upping 4AGZE compression Thu, 15 May 2003 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and rings etc...

The whole 4AGTE build has cost less than $1k so far and the bottom and is in excellent condition so ill be buggered if im gonna shell out $500 when a $50 7AFE H/G will do the job well enough.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Upping 4AGZE compression Thu, 15 May 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
erm.... my that would be compromising the strength of your 4a-gte build up wouldn't it? We are only talking a 7afe head gasket, for a motor designed for only a squeeze over 100HP. Im betting your 4agte will be seeing double that figure, and then some. Smile I would also want to check it such a narrower head gasket would cause problems with valve clearance (im sure its ok, but worth checking).

Dude - thats a full piston kit! BRAND NEW. Ceramic coated FORGED PISTONS. 8.9:1 compression. NEW! As used in the latest model GZE. I've heard these puppies will take ONE HELL of a beating before they die. And swapping pistons is relatively easy Smile
Under $500 for new forgies.... hard to beat!

But ultimately up to you my man Smile
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Upping 4AGZE compression Thu, 15 May 2003 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I get time, I might stop in at Toyota and ask tomorrow...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Upping 4AGZE compression Thu, 15 May 2003 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow... if I could get a new set of forgies for an 18R-G at that price, I'd do it in a heartbeat!
Corvid
Regular

May 2002
Re: Upping 4AGZE compression Thu, 15 May 2003 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heya all,

I understand that the 7afe block is the same as the last GZE Job? is this correct or have i been given the royal bumsteer?
Also.. where can i get these pistons with rings for 500 from which toyo?

leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Upping 4AGZE compression Fri, 16 May 2003 15:04 Go to previous message
Corvid wrote on Fri, 16 May 2003 09:30

Heya all,

I understand that the 7afe block is the same as the last GZE Job? is this correct or have i been given the royal bumsteer?
Also.. where can i get these pistons with rings for 500 from which toyo?

Hey Witzl, I wanna know which toyota too! And can they get pistons/rings/rods/bolts for 100kw redtop 4ag's?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:cam timing of 18RG
Next Topic:2T-GEU dual valve springs in 88222 head?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 17:37:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005389928817749 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.