Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GTII
Regular

May 2002
icon14.gif  Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Thu, 15 May 2003 14:48 Go to next message

Now Toyotas are reknowned for holding their values well...but this is outrageous!! Smile

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/marketplace/UsedCar Detail.asp?ID=1928524&Criteria=%40Make%3D%27to yota%27%2C+%40Model%3D%272000+GT%27%2C+%40OrderBy% 3D%27P2%27&NoOfRecs=2&PageNo=1&chkRows =500

Anyone got spared 300K ???

Send a private message to this user    
Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Thu, 15 May 2003 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH MY GOD. What a machine.
Someone should contact toyota in japan. I heard that their museum was buying up any of these they found so they could be preserved.
sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Thu, 15 May 2003 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats the only known one in aus they reakon, it was in just cars like a year ago
sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Thu, 15 May 2003 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it still for sale or is that an old ad?
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Thu, 15 May 2003 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If only i had a spare 300k, then i could wrap it up in plastic and bring it out on weekends.
Cal_AE86
Regular

February 2003
Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Thu, 15 May 2003 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think they are great, but $300k is a joke. Mmmmm Daytona, 427 Cobra, DB4 GT or 2000GT. Hang on, I'll take the Toyota.....as if!

Cal.
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Fri, 16 May 2003 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take two Laughing
However it is only $155,000 overpriced i think,esp for a country car that has done so many klms it needed a mtr reco.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Fri, 16 May 2003 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a white one in Sydney somewhere. It was also at the motor show a year and a half ago.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Fri, 16 May 2003 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want one then bring it back out in another 50 years i will wack 800000 on the price tag if i could part with an anmial like that
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Fri, 16 May 2003 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that add has been on car point for about 6 months now, didn't used to have the photo though. there was only 351 of them made i think!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Fri, 16 May 2003 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with Cal on this one... $300,000!!! You would be able to buy half a house with that money... Stuff a 1967 car...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Fri, 16 May 2003 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Half a house??? Jezzz i'm glad I dont live in syderney Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Fri, 16 May 2003 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No shit! Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Fri, 16 May 2003 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that thing looks like it would very nicely house a 1gz-fte under the hood...... *drools*
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Fri, 16 May 2003 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane, $600,000 will buy you a half decent house in Sydney... In the posh areas, a regular 3 bedroom house or something like that can sell for 1 Million and over!!! It's getting rediculous... Thats why I plan to live at home for ages and ages so I can save up money to get a loan and afford a place in sydney...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Sat, 17 May 2003 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats another reason to stay away from that place Confused
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Sat, 17 May 2003 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats kool, we don't want you here anyway Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ...

LOL...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Sat, 17 May 2003 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been there! Too many times Confused
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Sat, 17 May 2003 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 16 May 2003 23:13

that thing looks like it would very nicely house a 1gz-fte under the hood...... *drools*

*SLAP**SLAP*

I hope for your sake you are kidding my man! Smile

I can see the "collectors" value in that car.... they are godddaaammmm unique! I heard that it was even one of the prototypes Datsun deliberated on for their Z's..... correct me if i'm wrong.

But goddamn. If only i had a spare $2000000.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Sat, 17 May 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well
yes it would fit really nicely

but no I wouldn't do that to something so rare and classic
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Sun, 18 May 2003 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sat, 17 May 2003 02:44

Shane, $600,000 will buy you a half decent house in Sydney... In the posh areas, a regular 3 bedroom house or something like that can sell for 1 Million and over!!! It's getting rediculous... Thats why I plan to live at home for ages and ages so I can save up money to get a loan and afford a place in sydney...

Yeah... gotta hate Sydney prices on real estate Razz
Twisted Evil
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Mon, 19 May 2003 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sat, 17 May 2003 02:44

Thats why I plan to live at home for ages and ages so I can save up money to get a loan and afford a place in sydney...

Ben, start small and work your way up. You won't get anywhere if you try to save up for a big property.

Buy a small one, pay some of it off. Get it revalued, and leverage off that to get a bigger one. And so on and so on.
seeks
Regular

September 2002
Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Tue, 20 May 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gday,

To the toyota buffs that are interested in the 2000GT you might be interested to know there's a bit about it on the current Best Motoring DVD, May 2003 edition. (jap with no subs tho).

I'd love to own this car but unfortunately i dont think he'll take a 20v sx corolla for a trade Sad.

Catchas,
Snippy.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Tue, 20 May 2003 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow..
and ill be the first to ask this q: what running gear does it use?

cheers
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Tue, 20 May 2003 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it has a 3M which is a 2 litre twin cam with triple sidedraft carbs (picture a 18R-G with 2 more cylinders and 1 more carby)
gearbox dunno
IRS
diff dunno
discs all round
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Tue, 20 May 2003 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some specs i found

http://groups.msn.com/2000gt/2000gtspecs.msnw
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Tue, 20 May 2003 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The M series greatest hour!

That is an MF10 (2000GT). About 800 (or so) were made, including 2 convertibles for a James Bond movie. The std 3M made about 160 hp, but a racing variant was made that put out about 210 hp. This variant held multiple world land speed and distance travelled records.

An ultra rare MF12 also exists. Only 2 were made. The major difference was the engine - it was a 2300 cc DOHC engine (not sure of the engine designation) - essentially a DOHC version of the 2M.

A fully rebuilt 3M sells for around $15000 USD.

If you want to quarter the price of your 2000GT, you might drop some other motor in there.
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: Grand Daddy of Toyota Sports Cars ... mmm... Sat, 07 June 2003 23:13 Go to previous message
Yeah you could upgrade the running gear by dropping in a hot 186 with trimatic , Would affect the value a little .

Trevor

[Updated on: Sat, 07 June 2003 23:14]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Need a Customer Sub Spacer!
Next Topic:This Honda got 0wned!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:20:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088989734649658 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.