Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris-008
Regular

January 2003
20v quads to 4age bigport Sun, 18 May 2003 00:41 Go to next message
hi guys

Where can i get adaptor plates made to fit the 20v quads into a bigport 4age ?. Anyone have any experience with this ?. Would this be too much trouble than, using carbs .? im doing this because i want to use highcams.

thnks

chris
  Send a private message to this user    
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 20v quads to 4age bigport Sun, 18 May 2003 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've built up adapter plates from 5mm aluminium to fit TB's to a side-draft webber manifold. It wasn't easy, but, it worked evnetually.

In a RWD setup, dodging the water outlet is a PITA.

http://members.winnet.com.au/~benw/quads.jpg
krayzie
Regular

April 2003

Re: 20v quads to 4age bigport Sun, 18 May 2003 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Where can I get some quads off the 20V?

What kind of things need to be done when installing the quads besides adapter plates?

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v quads to 4age bigport Sun, 18 May 2003 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm gradually working on an adapter for this purpose too - except I started doing mine in steel, and made a pretty big hash of it so far!
krayzie
Regular

April 2003

Re: 20v quads to 4age bigport Sun, 18 May 2003 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Installation sounds fiddley but not impossible. Im wondering about all the connections to the qtb and the tune side of things.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 20v quads to 4age bigport Sun, 18 May 2003 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From the previous topic:

http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/FAQ. html#Individual%20Throttle%20Body%20-%2020V%204-th rottle%20on%2016V%204A-GE
krayzie
Regular

April 2003

Re: 20v quads to 4age bigport Sun, 18 May 2003 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I read that and it doesnt seem to have enough depth to it. Im looking for something more detailed.

Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 20v quads to 4age bigport Sun, 18 May 2003 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need six pieces of alloy - Two ~10mm plates and four 50mm diameter thickwall alloy tubes.
The alloy plate on one side goes onto the head - Use the gasket to work out the shape for it, it's pretty easy. For the throttel body end you need to mark it out very carefully to make sure that all the TB's line up exactly right with each other.
Take you time and make sure it's spot on!
With the alloy tubes, you cut them to the right length and then cruch one end in a vice so that it matches the oval shape of the inlet port end. You maye well have to trim a little with a hacksaw, etc, to get the right width.

Take a LOT of time to make sure it's all going to slot together okay smoothly.
Then get it welded up by someone very good with a MIG or TIG welder, then spend another couple of days dressing it all up with a file again.
krayzie
Regular

April 2003

Re: 20v quads to 4age bigport Sun, 18 May 2003 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Bill thats what I was after.

One more thing. Whats the rest like putting together fuel lines etc? Is there anything I should be careful with?

Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 20v quads to 4age bigport Mon, 19 May 2003 04:34 Go to previous message
krayzie wrote on Mon, 19 May 2003 03:37

Thanks Bill thats what I was after.

One more thing. Whats the rest like putting together fuel lines etc? Is there anything I should be careful with?

I just use a dead stock fuel system, ie, the fuel rail bolts to the head and so do the injectors (though I use GZE ones) and then just connect up the fuel lines as you normally would.
I think I had to turn the pressure regulator a little, but it was easy to do.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How to mask cam cover detail... ???
Next Topic:mx83 7M-GE to 1JZGTE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 06:51:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045819282531738 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.