Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Sun, 18 May 2003 12:56 Go to next message

Your Answer[ 31 vote(s) ]
1.One 14 / 45%
2.Both 15 / 48%
3.Whats are fixed speed camera? 2 / 6%

Had a discussion today with a mate - do fixed speed cameras catch you just in one direction or in both directions ?? Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 18 May 2003 12:58]

Send a private message to this user    
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Sun, 18 May 2003 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it depends some are one direction others are two direction
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Sun, 18 May 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most only catch you in one direction, but some of the neww ones now go both ways
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Sun, 18 May 2003 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugman wrote on Sun, 18 May 2003 23:11

it depends some are one direction others are two direction

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Mon, 19 May 2003 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check the road surface in front of the camera. There are 3 lines embedded into the road. The cameras use these for activation and timing.
If the black lines are on both sides of the road, then it's two-way... Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Mon, 19 May 2003 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Touch wood, but thank god I've never come across one fixed speed camera in Perth yet.
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Mon, 19 May 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some are one way and some are two way.
Saw a product for sale which lets you use spray cans up high,think its a good idea to fix the cameras myself.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Mon, 19 May 2003 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 19 May 2003 11:11

Touch wood, but thank god I've never come across one fixed speed camera in Perth yet.

well in NSW i dont think i have gone a day without at least seeing 3 of them!!!

i thought the point of the cameras was to slow drivers down in know dangerous place I,E had a history of crashes in that spot.

they are just about everywhere and i know there have been no accidents at some of those places
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Mon, 19 May 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i always been told they couldnt take photos aimed at the front of your car because:

a) the flash is so bright you'd be dazzled and may loose control
b) privacy issues

but ive never seen anything to prove if thats true though..

torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Mon, 19 May 2003 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think (in Bris at least) they are not allowed to flash you from the front at night time only (in case you are dazzled). This was in the guidelines to use the mobile speed camera vans when they first came out, and pretty much any time I have seen one at night it has been taking photo's of the rear of vehicles.

I'm not sure on the fixed ones though ..
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Mon, 19 May 2003 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a one fixed camera near where i live that takes photos from both ways
in one direction it takes photos from front on so i guess its ok for them to blast you with the flash headon (im pretty sure it still works at night too)

silly spot 4 a camera by the way, its right near the traffic lights and i have not once been going straight through the lights, there are always cars banked up there so u only do 20kmh through it anyway.
all politics n shit
waste of money
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Mon, 19 May 2003 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wonder what would happen if one of them did dazzle soeone and cause a crash.
that'd probably put the rta in a world of shit
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Mon, 19 May 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know for a fact guys that speed camers can only take a photo of you from behide due to privacy laws and yes look in front of you b4 the camera there are 3 wires inbeded into the ground to check ya speed. Wondering why iam 100% sure of this my step father works for the police deparment he is one of the guys that developed the program from the fixed speed cameras around Australia:)
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Mon, 19 May 2003 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u ar 100% sure that only from back ??

NARK are u gonna contest this ?
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Mon, 19 May 2003 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah they get you from the front aswell with the cameras that do not require a flash
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Mon, 19 May 2003 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen photo's taken from the front..
a guy at work got one in the mail - it was so clear you could almost see the crumbs from his last doughnut stuck in his beard!
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Mon, 19 May 2003 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If they can't get you at the front, what happens when the camera flashes when somebody drives thru and somebody else is driving the opposite direction. They would cop a flashing too!

FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Tue, 20 May 2003 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trust me iam 100% sure my step father told me all about them i always fly straight past them going the other way and i have never been booked. They can't photograph ya face privacy laws
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Tue, 20 May 2003 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've seen people do that on several cameras .. but I wouldn't be betting my lisence on it for all of them Smile
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Tue, 20 May 2003 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heya,

Just testing the waters, does anyone have a MA61(stock or modded) around Sydney(dont mind driving abit if it looks good
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Tue, 20 May 2003 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do.
so do lots of people.

why do you ask? Smile
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Tue, 20 May 2003 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only speed cameras I'VE SEEN IN MY LIMITED COVERAGE/NAVIGATION OF THE SYDNEY AREA can only take ur pic from behind.

eg. the spit bridge, there's a camera on each side of the bendy road (mosman side of the bridge), not 1 camera that shoots both ways.

I've heard from my brother's friend's mum's doctor's dog's walker's uncle that if u get a speed camera picture taken and they can see any people's faces, they hafta throw it out and can't charge u (privacy issues once again)..even if ur face is sticking out the window looking back...??

Also, there's a speed camera just down the road from me that only takes pics from behind, but they put those 'speed camera ahead'/etc signs on BOTH sides of the road for some reason.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Tue, 20 May 2003 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm

how fast can u ride a bicycle ? I wonna go through a camera on a bike and moon and stick my finger up !!! Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know what it is over there, but pretty much every camera in Perth faces towards you, which would mean 90% of the time your face will be in the picture...
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If there are the three lines in the road, then the camera will be checking your speed, whether you're facing toward or away from it.
Those of you who don't believe it can try it out. The one in Ashfield on the Hume Hwy is two way (from memory).

The face thing sounds like an urban legend.

Les, that reminds me of another urban legend of a guy who took his plates off and drove through heaps of red light cameras and stuck his finger up in each photo. They couldn't catch him (no plates) until he decided to sell his car...
He had his phone number on the window.... Laughing
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Too good.. hahahahahaha too good.... Laughing
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
permanent cameras would be pretty pointless, really all you'd have to do is remember where they are...

i think its jus the pigs getting fuckin lazy Confused

toycelica77 in no way accepts responbility for his words hereby contained in this forum posts, any similaritys to the truth are purely coincidental
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as i said in one of the other posts... we need to have little disclaimers on our signature hahaha
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could get towed along behind a car up to like 60, then let go of the rope and car can move aside and slam on brakes, then go through one of the 40km/hr school zone speed cameras.

as an added bonuns, you'd be scaring the hell outta all the kiddies les Smile
(and giving them an anatomy class)
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 21 May 2003 15:36

you could get towed along behind a car up to like 60, then let go of the rope and car can move aside and slam on brakes, then go through one of the 40km/hr school zone speed cameras.

as an added bonuns, you'd be scaring the hell outta all the kiddies les Smile
(and giving them an anatomy class)

dood i dont want to die young !!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if you wanna go through a camera on a bike fast enough to make the camera flash, then you're putting your life in a little bit of danger!

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think that 40km/h is life thereatening on a bike dude...
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm pretty sure i've seen lotsa dudes on bikes on the m5 doing around 60km/h+ in some downhill sections...but u'd have to go thru a speed check at 70kms+ in syd to trigger the camera wouldn't u?

that's gettting pretty damn fast for a bike..i stacked off a bike at probably around 50km/h+ once, downhill, and it wasn't really all that fun Embarassed
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, there's a school zone one near my house.. iuf you did that at 50 you'd trigger it.

only problem being it's at the top of a hill... hence the towed by a car thing Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and how the hell did I crank up 1500 posts?!?
I must post an awful lot of meaningless posts.

like this one Razz
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Wed, 21 May 2003 19:43

I don't think that 40km/h is life thereatening on a bike dude...

man i have done 51 km/h on my old mountin bike.
justin
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Wed, 21 May 2003 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 21 May 2003 23:01

and how the hell did I crank up 1500 posts?!?
I must post an awful lot of meaningless posts.

like this one Razz

draven.. u are the king of bullshiit posts ! LOL

(whats ur real name btw)

i think 50 kmhs is easy to go on a bike.. not more than 60 though !!!

ive only got a mountain bike .. wonder how fast i can get it... and NO CAR TOWING .. way to dangerous!
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Thu, 22 May 2003 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

You certainly can go much faster than 60km/h on a bike, even with only a slight downnhill if you are riding in the bunch.

Myself and a number of guys I train/race bikes with have been pulled up for so called speeding in school zones (well I guess we were going faster than the posted limit). Half the time I think the cops can't believe we can sit on such speeds.

Cheers
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Thu, 22 May 2003 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh
when I have 5 minutes spare waiting for coffee to be ready, I make sure my opinion, or useless information, is read and recorded for all time! Smile
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Thu, 22 May 2003 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 21 May 2003 23:00

nah, there's a school zone one near my house.. iuf you did that at 50 you'd trigger it.

only problem being it's at the top of a hill... hence the towed by a car thing Smile

sorry, i meant doin 70+ thru a 60 zone..so yeah 50+ in a 40 should do the trick..

if anybody's game to try going 70km/h+ on a push-bike, there's a SLIGHT downhill speed camera at the start of henry lawson drive, past Peakhurst, in a 60 zone, heading towards River Rd. U'd just have to time ur run so you get the green light. The 3 sensor strips are about 100-150m after the lights.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon3.gif  Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Fri, 23 May 2003 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't the Spit Bridge have one at the bottom of the hill? I reckon you could get your bike up to some pretty incredible speeds down that!

As long as you can stay up, that is..... hehehe
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Fri, 23 May 2003 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look guys.. i think i will pass... with the speeding bike that is.. Laughing

seems to be a lot more trouble than it is worth Laughing

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Fri, 23 May 2003 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the bike deal one of my Dads mates got booked for speeding. He rides to work everyday and went thru a radar on the downhill on the expressway as you come into Ourimbah.

Bastards booked him good and proper ! Not sure if the fixed camera's will get you tho ?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Fri, 23 May 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who was it who welded a chair to the bonnet of a car and got towed along on it?

I think that would make an *awesome* speed camera shot Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Fri, 23 May 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Fri, 23 May 2003 11:58

Look guys.. i think i will pass... with the speeding bike that is.. Laughing

seems to be a lot more trouble than it is worth Laughing

Come on Les! I wanna see you do it! Make sure you get it on film!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ... Sun, 25 May 2003 12:52 Go to previous message
If they have the 3 x lines they check your speed, unless of course the lines 'from the front' are FAKE lines.. hmm I never thought of that.

Some radars though don't have any lines. Like the one on Penno Rd in Carlingford - I don't think there are any lines for that one. That freaks me 'cause I am never sure.

But the camera on Castle Hill Rd. only has 3 x lines one direction. It takes photos of your rear. How do I know??? Experience.....

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Whats with the stickers down the side?
Next Topic:4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:46:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062911510467529 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.