Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon10.gif  Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sat, 17 May 2003 07:19 Go to next message
I previously had a highflowed CT26 with a TO4B 'V' trim on my 4AGTE, it was laggy as hell (for a street car), but came on boost fairly hard & should make for a screaming top end.......... right??

Now i've "downgraded" to a stock Nissan S14 T28 turbo, and the results speak for themselves (see dyno sheet attached). Boost comes on waaaay earlier, with bags of torque available from relatively low revs, and there's no sign of it running out of puff at the top of the revs (7400rpm) with an extra 15kw (peak)at the wheels being produced.

Bigger is not always better, even for topend power. Smile both runs were done on the same dyno.

http://www.geocities.com/te72_turbo/4AGTE_dyno.htm l

Cheers
Phil

[Updated on: Sat, 17 May 2003 13:16]

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sat, 17 May 2003 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There was never any image upload here! Its only in the forsale section!
If you want the image hosted, email it over here.
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sat, 17 May 2003 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72_Turbo wrote on Sat, 17 May 2003 17:19

Bigger is not always better, even for topend power. Shocked both runs were done on the same dyno.

Cheers
Phil

uhm... its pretty much a known fact that a turbo thats right in its efficency range will perform better than the biggest laggiest turbo you can find
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sat, 17 May 2003 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

uhm... its pretty much a known fact that a turbo thats right in its efficency range will perform better than the biggest laggiest turbo you can find

uhm..... thanks Einstein, I was just trying to share an ACTUAL result from a dyno sheet for anyone who might be genuinely interested in backing up an often argued issue that comes up on these (and other) forums. But thanks for your reply anyways. Mad I needent bother next time, I'll just post a "will a Trust T88-34D go sik on my 4AGE?" thread.

Please let me know if you would like me to delete my original "useless" post, I hate to waste your time.

heres the dyno sheet for those who might be interested:

Cheers

[Updated on: Sat, 17 May 2003 13:18]

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sat, 17 May 2003 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Today I was playing with my own car on the dyno, and was quite disgusted with the lacking performance from the RB25 turbo/4ag combination. Suffice to say, this will be ditched when I can afford something better!
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72_Turbo wrote on Sat, 17 May 2003 22:57

Quote:

uhm..... thanks Einstein, I was just trying to share an ACTUAL result from a dyno sheet for anyone who might be genuinely interested in backing up an often argued issue that comes up on these (and other) forums. But thanks for your reply anyways. Mad I needent bother next time, I'll just post a "will a Trust T88-34D go sik on my 4AGE?" thread.

Please let me know if you would like me to delete my original "useless" post, I hate to waste your time.

heres the dyno sheet for those who might be interested:

Cheers

HAHAHAHAH... thats the funniest shit i've seen today

i didnt think it was possible to fit so much 'bitch' into a forum post Laughing

chill man, i thaught you were trying to tell ppl that you were the first person to find out bigger turbos arent always better
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:

i didnt think it was possible to fit so much 'bitch' into a forum post

I guess you hit a nerve Very Happy

I don't think I could lay claim to being first to figure out anything Crying or Very Sad Smile except maybe being stupid enough to spend money modifying a T18 !

So will a Trust T88-34D go sik on my 4AGE then ?? Laughing

Cheers
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrShin: did the RB25 turbo perform worse than the RB20 one? In what way?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have to get a chance to take a look at the exact figures from the datalogs, but the RB25 is definately slower to build boost, yet refuses to make any more power while keeping the boost below 15psi (in order to stop the bloody thing collapsing..) For interests sake, I might have a go at boring out the RB20 exhaust housing to fit over the 25 turbine, see how it works... But ultimately I intend to buy a brand spankers GT30 (or maybe HKS GT turbo... same thing!), and let the monster loose.
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont see why you would put a ct26 on a 1.6 anyway... thats a set up for drag that revs to round 12k+revs of cause it isnt gonna have as much kw at 7k cause the turbo wont have all its power then.. it prolly got on full boost at about 5k where as the t28 is alot smaller so it will have boost earlier as you said and be more efficient so i cans ee why the t28 is better just by thinking about it if you knerw turboes ya wouldnt have put the ct26 on in the first place Very Happy
Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Sun, 18 May 2003 13:39

But ultimately I intend to buy a brand spankers GT30 (or maybe HKS GT turbo... same thing!), and let the monster loose.

HKS GT turbos are not the same as the garrets. They are made by garret but have specs that are exclusive to HKS. They are a much better turbo than the standard garret.
Buy one if u get the chance. You wont regret it.
AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72_Turbo or anyone else, is it possible to change to a different exhaust housing, high flow on the ct26 to make it more suitable for the 4age\ze engine?

Or is the CT26 more suited for a 2 litre engine?

In other words is a T28 a better turbo to get rather than a CT26 price and function wise for a 4ag motor?
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes a t28 will be alot more suited... but make sure it is a bb one from a 200sx or one from an rb20 but then again make sure you dont boost past 14 psi with the rb20 one as you will spit the turboine wheel out ehe.

[Updated on: Sun, 18 May 2003 04:49]

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicaboy wrote on Sun, 18 May 2003 14:47

make sure you dont boost past 14 psi with the rb20 one as you will spit the turboine wheel out ehe.

Um, I'll think you'll find that it is overspeeding that kills the T3s off RB20s, and the turbo will have to spin at a faster rate to pump a 2L 6cyl with 14psi than it will a 1.6L.
I myself don't know how much boost they can handle when fitted to a 4AGE, but unless you do it's best not to perpetuate misinformation.
If you've had a few RB20 T3s lose turbine wheels at 14psi when fitted to a 4AGE, sorry for wasting your time.

Phil, congratulations, good shit dude, that's a monster improvement! Very Happy
I'm fucken hungry for some of the same, I gotta pull my finger out & get my shit together. I might even do a bit of "boost limitation research" on the RB20 T3. Wink
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigWorm: Thanks mate. Go ahead & turbo your beastie as soon as you can, you wont be disappointed! The 4AGZE seems to just scream for more no matter how much you throw at it. I'll PM you about my experience with nissan ceramic turbos on smaller motors (wont risk posting here for fear of opening another can of worms & upsetting those with "infinite knowledge")

Quote:

i cans ee why the t28 is better just by thinking about it if you knerw turboes ya wouldnt have put the ct26 on in the first place

Celicboy! I knew I should have asked you before I went ahead & built my 4AGTE! You would have known what I was trying to achieve without me even telling you! Can I borrow your crystal ball sometime?

Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe the turbo off a Starlet GT or even a Suzuki Cappucino will make it more powerful then ... Laughing

Errm ... maybe not ... Rolling Eyes
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah sure you can borrow it any time
a rb20 turbo isnt a t3 for a start.. its a t28 with t3 bolt pattern and as you said the ct26 WAS very laggy and boosted very late a t28 thats been high flowed with steel turbine wheel to a t3 special will be sweet on it. cost 1800 bux to do that though rb20 r31 turboe's are not bb either. think about it... ct26 big a/r zorst(7mgte) = spooling late on 4age unless it is an mr2 ct26 which has the twin entry exhaust housing which will spool earlier but wil be still a bit late a t28 had zorst housing of around 60-70 a/r which wil be good on a 4age. spool early but not as to early and will give you good top end and will be alot more better on fuel then a ct26 weather it is 3sgte or 7mgte Smile
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What exactly do you believe denotes a turbo as being T25/T28 or T3? Is it the exhaust housing size, exhaust flange & bolt pattern, core, or wheel sizes?
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celicaboy, who are you trying to convince? I think everyone believs that a T28 is better suited to a 4AGE than a CT26.
Phils dyno graph shows that.
Who ever said anything about R31 turbos being bb?
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the wheel sizeare the tinyiest bit smaller.. the exhaust wheel is noticeably smaller then a t3.. my mate got hes r31 rb20 t28 highflowed to a t3 special that means t3 wheels in it.. after the high flow the exhaust wheel was noticeably bigger then the t28 wheel and the comp wheel was a little bit bigegr as well
the flange bolt pattern onto the exhaust housing to manifold is t3 pattern.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate to burst your bubble, but from everything I've ever read the particular core denotes the type of turbo. Did you not know that T3s can come in different configurations, with different flow rates? And that goes for pretty much all turbos. Or do you think that every T28 out there is exactly the same?
Even a set of T3 wheels on a T28 core would only make it a hybrid T28/3(if it were possible), although a "T3 special" sure sound fast.

I hate to be talking all this turbo stuff with someone who professes to know so much on the subject, as I have little experience & only know what I would define as the basics, but it goes against what you seem to be saying.
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah they all had different flow rates but they didnt have t03 size wheels in them thats a common upgrade for the t28.. is to put t03 wheels in them... well in queensland i dont knwo about other states
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil

Wot have you done for a dump pipe - have you stuck with the RB20 pipe or have you constructed a new one. Alao does the t28 fit above or below the maniford as is normal?

Craig
Sprinta
Regular

September 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit Sad
mrshin how much less power is it making with the rb25 turbo?
I went from a r31 non ball bearing rb20 turbo to the rb25 turbo and its more laggier but has more top end..
Powerwise im not sure though..
If your dissapointed i will be too Sad
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
craig: I've made up a new 3" dump pipe, as the exhaust housing is rotated 90 degrees from how it was on the donor 200SX. I can post up a pic if you want.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T25, T28, T3, T03, blah blah blah - too many wogs use these numbers as an assesment of penis size, it's almost becoming as painful as boost pressure...

On the topic of Nissan turbos though, if anyones got anything else to say on the issue, I'd be happy to hear, if you're scared to say it here, PM me.

As for power difference between RB20+25 turbos, actually it's .5kw... less than dyno error. The thing is the added lag is a pain in the arse.

Also I managed to kill my RB20 one without TOO much effort, running at 15psi and continually using the right boot to the full extent.
Sprinta
Regular

September 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad
so ive spent about $400 for a 0.5kw increase and more lag?
Mad
Corvid
Regular

May 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Sun, 18 May 2003 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with all bitching and crap going on... celicaboy *cough toss*cough*pot...
Anyway..
Just wanted to say well done phil, Your post was very helpfull for me as ive been thinking of doing the same...
so looks like a BB T28 for me then ;P

Lyle
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Mon, 19 May 2003 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Corvid. By the way, my turbo's not ball bearing! Its a pre 1996 S14 turbo, they only went ball bearing after 96. I'm more than happy with the response of the non ball bearing, and it's a fair bit cheaper to rebuild too...
Sprinter
Regular

September 2002
icon7.gif  Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Mon, 19 May 2003 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey TE72_Turbo and mrshin,

I am in the last 40% of my own turbo project (S15 GT28, HKS cast turbo manifold, a/w IC, yadda yadda) and have a few questions.

TE72 - how was the wastegate mounted on your T28? I need to rotate mine however the waste gate is mounted directly to the inducer. I'll probably need to fabricate a new mount but if I can find an off-the-shelf fitting I'd be keen to use it.

Also, what did you use to make the new dump pipe?

mrshin - I've just moved to Melb from Canberra. We should catch up and compare notes sometime. Who do you get turbo bits'n'pieces from? oil and water line fittings, gaskets, etc.

FWIW, there is another Canberra car getting around with a RB25 high flowed turbo 4AGTE that was pulling 155kw atw. The Green KE25 2 door. I don't recall him complaining about the power. He occasionally posts on here too (GAZZA-ke25) although he's sold the car to his brother who also posts occasionally.

Thanks for any assistance guys!

Denis
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Mon, 19 May 2003 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FIrst of all, congrats on the new figure. the torque curve looks much more useable.

ok, nobody has said this yet so i'm going to.

I want to see a 4AGTE running STANDARD twin entry CT26 (from a 3SGTE powered MR2 or was it gt4??) as opposed to a highflowed one (possible from a 7MGTE)

of course the highflowed one will build boost later, it would boost later on the 7MGTE too.

hava a think about this too,

standard T28 - off a 2 litre engine, putting it onto a 1.6 litre engine = good

standard CT26 (mr2/GT4 variety) - off a 2 litre engine, put it on a 1.6 litre engine = ???

as far as i know, T2Xs are more common than CT26s, but if i ever turbo the engine that isn't in my car yet, i will try the CT26 at some stage, failing that , the BB turbo off a RB20 seems the way to go.

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Mon, 19 May 2003 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter: I rotated the core only, the intake & exhaust housings are still positioned the same in relationship to each other, so the wastegate actuator bolts straight up. My dump pipe is made from a 90 degree 3" mandrel bend, heated & bent to shape to match the T28 flange. There is a small section welded around the wastegate area, as the 3" couldnt stretch all the way. I can send you a couple of pics if you like.

Garreth, and now Shane's KE25 4AGTE corolla doesn't use an RB25 turbo, it is a smaller T28 similar to mine, but highflowed. He took me for a drive last week, & it goes like a dog shot up the ass, with no noticeable lag. I would like to have put my motor in something as light as his KE25. It runs beautifully smooth with the factory computer too.

shinybluesteel: sorry mate, I havnt seen one running a twin entry standard turbo. I can imagine that it would hardly have the response of the garrett turbo, despite also being off a 2 litre motor. Take an MR2 for a drive, and compare it against driving an S14 200SX if you have the chance, their turbos respond very differently.
enki
Regular

August 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Mon, 19 May 2003 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was thinking about putting a gt28(400hp) in my car but was advised to get a gt25(320hp i think) cos it will make more power than the gt28.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Mon, 19 May 2003 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very interesting find Phil!

I'm investigating different turbos for my 3s-gte project, and when forking out so much money for a new one need to be careful! So thanks for sharing that graph with us.

Cheers
Joel
Sprinter
Regular

September 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Mon, 19 May 2003 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks TE72. I was looking at the APS cast dump pipe for the turbo. Haven't got prices yet though... I saw some of your pics on the dump pipe already Smile

I'll look at getting some custom brackets made.

Its a fantastic car esp with the factory ecu to drive.

Enki: Watch out in the GT25/GT28 search. You'll see some people calling certain combinations of inducer and exducer both 25 and 28 interchangeably. I'll check out what my CHRA maps to but it is mean't to be from a JDM S15.

Denis
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Mon, 19 May 2003 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter: Is that cast dump pipe made for a 200SX? which way does the turbo mount on your motor, is the turbo flange horizontal or vertical? Mine is vertical, so a 200SX dump pipe would point straight out into the strut tower. How did you see pics of my dump pipe, have I met you before when you were in canberra?

phil
Sprinta
Regular

September 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Mon, 19 May 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just out of interest what mods have you guys done (mr shin and te72_turbo)?
Any internal work or just bolt ons ?

If i could grab the 4agte experts opinions that would be great..
Im running a ae92 gze (8.0 comp) with a rb25 turbo, vr4 intercooler, 3" dump and front pipe, 2.5" rest, Haltech E6H ecu on ~17psi..
I think thats pretty much it..
Atm its running stock gze ecu.. next week the haltech will be put on and dyno tuned obviosuly.. So what power should i be expecting at a quick guess ? I know its hard to say..
It reaches full boost at 4000 from memory..
is about 140rwkw expecting too much ?

thanx dudes
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Mon, 19 May 2003 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
140 at the wheels is likely a conservative estimate, you should see a bit more than that I'd say. My engine is an AE92 8:1 bigport, it had about 30,000 on it when I got it so I left it completely alone. I'm using RB25 turbo, LPG, Haltech IG5, custom cooler (big as would fit), custom inlet manifold, 3" exhaust, etc. On saturday afternoon it refused to make more than 140.9 at the wheels @14psi, however I'm gradually sorting out what I can to get the most from it. Coming soon is a tricky fuel system (will say no more!) that should see a substantial increase on that figure, and after than I'll go shopping for a new turbo and finally find the outer limit of a stocky 4ag engine... or maybe I'll freshen it up a bit first.... hmmmm
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Mon, 19 May 2003 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is confusing, Sprinter & Sprinta, both with 4AGTE's !

Sprinter
Regular

September 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Tue, 20 May 2003 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey TE72 - I don't think I saw your car (or you) in Canberra though I may have. Mine is/was the yellow sprinter with spoilers and stuff in case your seen it driving around. Your not Celica club phil are you? (I don't think so)

I saw pics of the dump pipe at the same web site you posted earlier. Having said that, they may have been for the old turbo setup.

My turbo manifold has the turbo flange sitting horizontally with the turbo in a "high mount" position. So the APS setup should feed down nicely for the remainder of the exhaust. Yes its a SR20DET dump pipe, 3" cast pipe.

Yes it is confusing with similar tags! Maybe I'll add a piccie to differentiate.

Given the KE25 running the 4AGTE with factory ecu in canberra was getting 155rwkw comfortably I would have thought 140 is very conservative. All he had was a rising rate fuel pressure regulator for additional fuel.

I will be trying out the MAP sensed factory ECU in the same configuration (AE101 MAP/DLI small port motor). My motor is stock internally with a lot more than 30,000k's on it!

mrshin - I would have thought you should be getting more than 140.9 with that setup! The IG5 is for ignition control right? What are you using for fuelling?

Denis
Sprinter
Regular

September 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Tue, 20 May 2003 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just been comparing the pictures of the APS dump pipe and I'm prety sure I'll the same problem as you. It'll be pointing straight into the bonnet Embarassed

Have you got any pictures of your setup for the T28 for inspiration?

Denis
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Tue, 20 May 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for sharing Phil and thanks for cracking me up mrshin with some of those posts.

Have you done the Dellow conversion Phil to a box that can handle that power - I know that Joel as gone through this painful task!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Tue, 20 May 2003 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes there should be more than that hiding there, even with the gasresearch setup. I intend to play with it some more, then go see if *certain person* will let me use his dyno again Shocked

And yes, I've done the Hellishin' Dellhousing conversion too - I've written about it a few times, search away, if anything still confuses you, ask me.
Sprinta
Regular

September 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Tue, 20 May 2003 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter: my sprinter is also yellow !!! this is wierd Smile

Thanx guys for the opinions.. Im hoping for more than 140 but i didnt want to get my hopes up thats all..

Mrshin, your setup sounds nice nice Smile Im hoping to get the other half of my exhuast 3" as well soon so might help a little bit..

I have a pretty good fuel setup but stock injectors.. they should hold up though?

catchyas Smile
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Tue, 20 May 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil

It would be great if I could see some pictures. I understand that you live just up the road from Steve. As I get more towards making the dump pipe be great if I could see you installation on the car.

Thanks Craig
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Tue, 20 May 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The standard injectors are 365cc, should hold up to about 180ish RWKW, you could probably jam a bit more if you insist with a different pressure reg, otherwise I'd suggest getting 13B injectors or something similiar.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Tue, 20 May 2003 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SprintA: my mods are pretty much bolt ons too. MAP 8.9:1 4AGZE with unknown mileage (bottom end looks like an oil change hasn't been done for 50,000km when I got it), bluetop 4AGE bigport RWD head & intake manifold, S14 200SX non ball bearing T28 turbo, 3" dump pipe & exhaust, Haltech E6K ECU, 600x350x65 front mount cooler, 550cc injectors, 17psi boost. I'd say you should have no dramas making 140kw at the wheels with your setup.

SprintER: No, i'm not celica club Phil.... Did your sprinter have a 4AGZE & trueno looking front end? If so, I met you once when Max (Nark) came to the Worker's Club with the canberra guys one evening. The pics you saw of my dump pipe were on the old CT26 setup, new one is similar. Bugger about the APS pipe! Maybe you could cut a hole in the bonnet & blow flames skyward! Very Happy

Youngy: Unfortunately I still have a T50 box behind my motor. I'm really having issues with forking out $500 for a dodgy dellows housing.

Craig: I'll dig out the pics & email to you.

My 550cc injectors are at 70% duty cycle on 17psi at 7000rpm.

MrShin: are you getting a BBQ fuel injection system? Smile There's a turbo'd 18R here in canberra with gas injection, run by a haltech E6A, seems to work a treat!

Cheers
Phil

[Updated on: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:55]

JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Tue, 20 May 2003 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the dyno sheet for the turbos now on my 1J,(cant post it, nohwhere to host it) they are two r32 RB20 bb turbos and in a JZA70 2.5 1J through an R154 and that big bast*rd diff it was doing 248 @wheels on 12PSI and they are only being driven by 1.3 litres per piece, boost comes on at a rumored 2900 rpm, ill find out for sure next week when the car makes its debu run,or limp....
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Bigger turbo is not always better!!! (4AGTE Dyno graphs) Tue, 20 May 2003 22:27 Go to previous message
sounds like a good setup Smile
should haul
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TRD oil cap
Next Topic:bigger brakes for ke30
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 23:39:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075569152832031 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.