Toymods » General Car Talk » Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon9.gif  Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Sat, 17 May 2003 13:05 Go to next message
Someone clarify for me...

Is the bus meant to go 40km/h itself when its lights are flashing ?

Are the flashing lights meant to go off after it picks up the kiddies and (cuts me off without looking) drives off ?

Please enlighten me...

I ask b/c as I was driving to work, was following a bus on a 2 laned road, it's lights were flashing... so I think ok cool.. i will slow to 40 km/h ... but then it pulls out (lights still flashing) and fangs off to about 70 k's an hour !!

whats the deal ?!?!?

Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Sat, 17 May 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the deal is this:
when the those lights are flashing on the school bus, it means that it is picking up and dropping off kiddies, and hence you have to slow down to 40kph. AS you did.

you see people. Educating the puplic is easy - we can follow rules. But educating a bus driver is like trying to make billy ray cyrus cool.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Sat, 17 May 2003 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mooooohahahah

thought as much ! Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Sun, 18 May 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't tell my heart, my achey breaky heart.....
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Sun, 18 May 2003 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon that it is a pretty stupid rule... I mean, I respect school zones being 40km/h cause there are kids running everywhere...

But on a main road that has an 80km/h speed limit, slowing down to 40km/h cause 1 kid gets off the bus is stoopid...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Sun, 18 May 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just be thankful this isn't like some states in the USA. you have to come to a COMPLETE STOP if a school bus pulls over!
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Mon, 19 May 2003 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If a bus cuts you off illegally, then when you get a chance, get in front and slam on the brakes. Shocked Shocked

I'm sure the bus driver will learn a lesson, when all the passengers get whiplash! Laughing Laughing

Hehehe yeah stoopid bus drivers! Razz
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Mon, 19 May 2003 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdraginrolla wrote on Mon, 19 May 2003 11:49

If a bus cuts you off illegally, then when you get a chance, get in front and slam on the brakes. Shocked Shocked

I'm sure the bus driver will learn a lesson, when all the passengers get whiplash! Laughing Laughing

BWWAHAHAHAHAHA
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Mon, 19 May 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Mon, 19 May 2003 19:44

rdraginrolla wrote on Mon, 19 May 2003 11:49

BWWAHAHAHAHAHA

nice and get whiplash urself u twit !!!!!!!!!
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Mon, 19 May 2003 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lezie calm down sunshine, just mucking around! Razz

Take a chill pill, have a cuppa tea. have a smoke even...
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Mon, 19 May 2003 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHH AHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Mon, 19 May 2003 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just plaaaaaaaaaaaying man Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Tue, 20 May 2003 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of buses.

some IDIOT bus driver nearly took of the drivers side of my car today.
It started with the 2 idiots in front of me suddenly braking hard to take a turn off victoria rd. The couldn't complete the turn, because another idiot was trying to turn out of the street and was firmly planted in the centre of the road (there were a lot of idiots involved in this near accident)

so I'm stuck in the left lane of vic road, around a blind corner, and a bus comes screaming around the corner in my lane and the middle lane. at this point the cars in front of me finally manage to complete their turn, so I start to get going to avoid the bus. He doesn't brak at all, and comes flying past my (open) window, nearly takes off my side mirror, and when I checked to see where his wheels were, they were 30cm in my lane! if I wasn't as far over in my land as I could be, I'd have myself a written off supra.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Tue, 20 May 2003 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here here ... dont let me get started on the train system !!! Laughing
GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Wed, 21 May 2003 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you people know that buses have the right to pull out of the kerb at any time? YOU have to give way to the bus if its coming out fromt he kerb. Its a pretty new rule...
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Wed, 21 May 2003 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've nearly been in an accident because of that very stupid reason. They don't look. They just pull straight out on the main roads, without looking, sometimes if your lucky they'll use their blinker. They think they own the roads. I hate them. I purposely speed up (to the speed limit of course Razz) and squeeze past them just so I don't have to slow down or even stop for them.

Screw 'em I say ! Very Happy
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Wed, 21 May 2003 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That rules only applies if the speed limit is 60km/hr or less. Over 60km/hr buses shouldn't pull out.

In the RTA manual page 45, clause 6.4, it clearly states you may... "swerve around a bus that has left the kerb illegally when the indicated speed limit is above 60km/hr. Once the driver is safely in front of the offending bus, the driver of the vehicle is permitted to forcefully and suddenly apply brake pressure to create potentially serious whiplash injuries to the bus driver and passengers."

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Wed, 21 May 2003 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bwahahahaha

I like that rule Smiley =

DISCLAIMER: IM NOT SERIOUS OK LES !
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Wed, 21 May 2003 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Wed, 21 May 2003 13:40

Bwahahahaha

I like that rule Smiley =

DISCLAIMER: IM NOT SERIOUS OK LES !

yeh yeh cunny funt !!!!!

Laughing

everyone's signature should be a disclaimer i think..
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Wed, 21 May 2003 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm....to be a technical nancy

Whiplash only occurs when your head is suddenly forced back ?.....not forward ???

Sorry kids....ruining your fun

But yes getting infront of ppl and sunddenly braking is fun when they piss u off and u have just cause to do so.....tailgaters are the best.....hate the ones that have the nerve to beep at me

Ta
Mani

leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Wed, 21 May 2003 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some bus drivers are fucked..i was on a bus the other day w/ the driver tailgating everybody, plus doing probably 5kms over the limit the whole way..

then, going 60km/h in a 50 zone, i press the stop button to get off (about 200m before my stop) and he doesn't brake till about 50m before (going downhill too)..if i wasn't holding onto the rails properly i would've gone flying down the aisle..

oh yeah this guy also sped up once to try and nearly hit a j-walker..watta nut job!

oh and the bus wasn't late either..
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Wed, 21 May 2003 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I nearly got sent thru the windscreen of a bus as we coasted thru a red light while the bus driver was looking at his instrument panel
1/4 of the way thru he *slams* on the brakes.
fortunately, he had the prescence of mind to put his arm out so I didn't go through the windscreen

and you get whiplash from both.
trust me, I gave myself reverse-whiplash from accelerating in my supra (until my neck muscles got used to it)
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Wed, 21 May 2003 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude
i said u cant get whiplash from your head moving forward but u can from your ehad moving back....suddenly that is

accelerating takes your head back

Ta
Mani
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Wed, 21 May 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrm
I would imagine you could get it from your head moving forward (although yes, I totally misread what you'd written Razz)

it's just muscle strain... I dont see why they couldn't strain both ways. Although considering the way the neck moves, it would probably take more force to give yourself whiplash from going forward (?)
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Wed, 21 May 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i wasnt sure on this either...

But it just didnt seem like it could happen

so i asked my Mum.....shes a nurse.....and she said u cant

so fella's....dont be afraid to brake hard.....your necks are safe....harsh acceleration however is not advised.....if u must burn that ricer.....pls rest your head against the head rest....thank u

rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Thu, 22 May 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats the best bit, normal city buses dont have head rests!

And the 'air chair' that bus drivers sit on that go up and down, if they not wearing a seat belt, they could hit the roof or fly into the windscreen when they hit the brakes. Like..... eeeerrrrrrrrrrrr.......pssssshhh......wweeeeeeeeee ee!

Keep those a brakes a slammin! Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Sun, 25 May 2003 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdraginrolla wrote on Thu, 22 May 2003 10:11

Keep those a brakes a slammin! Laughing

Hahaha... LOL...
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule Tue, 27 May 2003 04:08 Go to previous message
I look at it this way, i give huge berth to bus drivers as their vehicle is ALOT bigger than mine, if he his me i'll be gone and he'll only have a bit of a scratch....bugger give way to the right, just give way to the idiot in the heaps bigger vehicle
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:"Old School Observation"
Next Topic:Toyota Power Wins Indy 500
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 19:03:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062460899353027 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.